deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Phil basically saying the xbox one lineup sucks.

Thing is it's been non-existant except for racing games for the past few years.

Phil has lead xbox one for 5 years and hasn't done anything its time to put up or shutup with good games by now.

After how I was treated buying an original call of duty AW xbox one I won't be buying a scarlett. Canceled games, bad games, no RPG's. Xbox one has been a wasteland compared to the ps4/switch/pc. I haven't turned mine on in forever theres just no exclusives for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Phil "Undercover Cow" Spencer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35230 Posts

Can it be better? Sure. However I’ve really enjoyed many of their games myself. ?‍♂️

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I understand that popcorn blockbusters are needed but this year alone has been pretty awesome for me on the Xbox. Outer Wilds, Ashen and Void Bastards are great games. You can play them on PC but I don't use my PC for gaming so Xbox is the only choice. Plus 3rd parties are better played there too. My Pro has barely been used this year, Dreams was disappointing and Observation was good but apart from that it has been gathering dust. Days gone I'll play once it gets super cheap.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 5202 Posts

The first party has been very poor but it all goes back to the backend of the 360. They needed fresh studios going into the new gen everyone could see it but they took action far too late. I suppose it's good he's acknowledged it but there's no excuse if they start the new gen like this.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 589 Posts

We've been saying this all along but the Lemmings refuse to accept dem facts!

edit: Also, incoming Lemming meltdowns of high magnitudes. This thread could be a 3-pager, boys

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Phil Spencer is the world's richest used car salesman.

Everything he says need to be taken with a huge grain of salt because he's just trying to sell whatever junk the lot brings in.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Everything he says need to be taken with a huge grain of salt because he's just trying to sell whatever junk the lot brings in.

What now he agrees with what everyone has been saying and of course you still bitch. Nothing new from a fanboy.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Xabiss: he’s been agreeing for so long but hasn’t remedied the issue. He just says what lems want to hear. That’s all

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoxRekt
@Xabiss said:
@boxrekt said:

What now he agrees with what everyone has been saying and of course you still bitch. Nothing new from a fanboy.

There is nothing fanboyish about my perspective.

It's you who is the fanboy here for not being able to come to any other conclusion about what I'm saying other then a mindless label for someone who isn't drinking this luke warm admission of the obvious.

look, it's clear you STILL didn't catch what Phil is doing. Even with his admission about MS's effort on content he still manages to throw in.."our services" and "gamepass"into the mix which kills any idea that he actually understands where they have fallen off.

He's still tying to sell the SERVICES BS to get that phony 2 billion cell phone gamers market and are going to continue to ignore and abandon console fans.

Like I said, mindless fanboy wouldn't catch what he's really saying, but do continue to have faith. It's a fact that the only reason why he's even admitting as much is because xbox revenue has went DOWN (even with gamepass) while Sony's and Nintendo's have went UP.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20829 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@boxrekt said:

Lol exactly. Doesn't matter what he does, these cows will always bitch.

He and his team can't do much more than what they're doing with 1st party to address the deficiencies.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: “He and his team can't do much more than what they're doing with 1st party to address the deficiencies.“

L O L

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoxRekt
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Xabiss said:
@boxrekt said:

He and his team can't do much more than what they're doing with 1st party to address the deficiencies.

Let's stop right there and get one thing clear...

In the 5 years that Phil has been head of xbox, ? What has he DONE exactly?

That's outside of cancelling Xbox One's only new AAA IP since launching (Scalebound) that is?

FYI: Every new AAA IP that released for X1 this gen was Green lit by Donny D that includes Sunset Overdrive/Ryse/Quantum Break, not Phil.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51251 Posts

Sony fannies bitch so much about Xbox. It must be the lack of games on the PS4 this year.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

Sony fannies bitch so much about Xbox. It must be the lack of games on the PS4 this year.

Deflection!

That's worked great for xbox so far this gen.

Posts like yours is the reason why MS will keep on doing what they've been doing into next gen and leave you console fans out to dry while touting PC fans as first class citizens.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

Deflection!

That's worked great for xbox so far this gen.

Posts like yours is the reason why MS will keep on doing what they've been doing into next gen and leave you console fans out to dry while touting PC fans as first class citizens.

Deflection? Seems like you can't handle the truth but that is your common strategy. :)

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BoxRekt

@Pedro: The irony

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37417 Posts

Well no, because Age of Empires IV is second party, not first party.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

...and the understatement of the year goes to...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 47613 Posts

Need the Nicholas cage meme

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Xabiss said:
@boxrekt said:

I think everyone understands right now that Microsoft 1st party games are lacking. Microsoft is doing things to help address and it will be interesting to see if it pays off and great content. Can these developers create content that is equal or better then what Sony and Nintendo are doing. Well time will tell, but people can't expect this over night. We will not see if Microsoft has changed till next generation which should make it fun.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pedro

@Xabiss said:

I think everyone understands right now that Microsoft 1st party games are lacking. Microsoft is doing things to help address and it will be interesting to see if it pays off and great content. Can these developers create content that is equal or better then what Sony and Nintendo are doing. Well time will tell, but people can't expect this over night. We will not see if Microsoft has changed till next generation which should make it fun.

Its funny seeing people complaining prior that they should invest in more studios and when they do they complain that they aren't making any games or games fast enough. LOL.

With that said, we shall definitely see the rewards or flops of these acquisitions in the coming years.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 58536 Posts

Yeah, we know that. It's why we've seen them step-up dev purchases to bring about a more robust 1st party... Hopefully that pans out.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 8337 Posts

@Pedro said:

Literally in a thread about the head of Xbox himself saying their games have been shit. There's no damage control there. They can't find a breakout hit outside the usual trio resulting in the only thing selling the console is being bargain basement across the board.

I'm getting sick of Phil's poo-pooing over this. He gets more money and more chances to screw up than any Xbox head before him, all the while trying to pull strings with the media to talk up his products behind the scenes. I'm sick of these interviews that sound like he's throwing a trillion dollar pity party.

"We're doing our best."

These fools are trying to buy every dev that's willing to sell because they're looking for any shit that will stick to the wall at this point. And it doesn't seem to be resulting in much but a bunch of Steam-level games. Time to put up or shut up, Phil. Xbox under his direction is aimless as hell because he's trying to pursue too many avenues with the brand. Xbox is a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Can it be better? Sure. However I’ve really enjoyed many of their games myself. ?‍♂️

uhh you enjoyed these? O_o

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35230 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Out of that list I’ve only played Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, and Ryse: Son of Rome.

Killer Instinct may have started out a bit weak however it has grown into an excellent full-fledged fighting game. Yes I do enjoy it very much.

Crimson Dragon was an ok game, kind of fun.

Ryse: Son of Rome was pretty enjoyable as well.

It’s amusing how you left out games like:

Halo 5

Gears of War 4

Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and 7

Forza Horizon 3 and 4

Quantum Break

Halo Wars 2

I did enjoy all those games that I mentioned as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@whatafailure: You cow alts may get it to 3 pages.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

It has most definitely fallen to the wayside to Sony and Nintendo with respect to first-party games.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GoldenElementXL  Online
Member since 2016 • 5842 Posts

Nintendo is the only 1st party that has consistently put out great games. The PS4 has had multiple droughts. The Xbox One much worse. In fact, I would say even releasing Crackdown 3 hurt more than releasing nothing at all. They must have known that game was bad years ago. So why even continue production? I don’t get that one at all

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Literally in a thread about the head of Xbox himself saying their games have been shit. There's no damage control there. They can't find a breakout hit outside the usual trio resulting in the only thing selling the console is being bargain basement across the board.

I'm getting sick of Phil's poo-pooing over this. He gets more money and more chances to screw up than any Xbox head before him, all the while trying to pull strings with the media to talk up his products behind the scenes. I'm sick of these interviews that sound like he's throwing a trillion dollar pity party.

"We're doing our best."

These fools are trying to buy every dev that's willing to sell because they're looking for any shit that will stick to the wall at this point. And it doesn't seem to be resulting in much but a bunch of Steam-level games. Time to put up or shut up, Phil. Xbox under his direction is aimless as hell because he's trying to pursue too many avenues with the brand. Xbox is a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Still thinking about Phil on a daily basis I see and confirming my comment. Good job. :)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#31 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 13869 Posts

Phil is good stuff. He brought Play Anywhere and Game Pass to PC. For that, I am grateful as I no longer have to buy an Xbox console. I like watching his interviews as he is a down to earth guy who gets it. X1 first party was shit for the most part and their first party offerings should be a lot stronger next-gen.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#32 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 13869 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Nintendo is the only 1st party that has consistently put out great games. The PS4 has had multiple droughts. The Xbox One much worse. In fact, I would say even releasing Crackdown 3 hurt more than releasing nothing at all. They must have known that game was bad years ago. So why even continue production? I don’t get that one at all

Honestly, Nintendo has the worst first party offerings IMO. They make very few AAA games. Always the same shit recycled for decades. Zelda is the only franchise that gets me excited. Super Mario platformers are not what they used to be. Metroid still has potential, but there is little else. I don't give a shit about Smash, Kart, Tennis, Party, Kirby, Yoshi, etc... Same old shit.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Loved how it leaves out games, that don't match bias.

@BassMan said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Honestly, Nintendo has the worst first party offerings IMO. They make very few AAA games. Always the same shit recycled for decades. Zelda is the only franchise that gets me excited. Super Mario platformers are not what they used to be. Metroid still has potential, but there is little else. I don't give a shit about Smash, Kart, Tennis, Party, Kirby, Yoshi, etc... Same old shit.

I agree. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older or what but every time I try out a new Mario games. It just feels like I've already played it before and switch it off.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 10070 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

After how I was treated buying an original call of duty AW xbox one I won't be buying a scarlett. Canceled games, bad games, no RPG's. Xbox one has been a wasteland compared to the ps4/switch/pc. I haven't turned mine on in forever theres just no exclusives for it.

Agreed. Got rid of mine 2016 day after e3 when they said everything would be multiplat. MS handled the console so badly, they turned me to the PC. I'm not going back. They dropped Kinect, games, the price, exclusives... Just leaving people with a weak Netflix player. Absolute mess. I still play with my Original Xbox and Xbox 360, but I am done with them.

And all that to chase Sony sales and in the end it still didn't work. So M$ through everything out for nothing and lost a few gamers in the process.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Pull up your pants protoss as your bias showing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37259 Posts

LMAO "has lead for 5 years and hasn't done anything"; except more than double the number of first party studios, start Gamepass, bring BC to gamers and call for it always going forward. Right, nothing.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin
@cainetao11 said:

LMAO "has lead for 5 years and hasn't done anything"; except more than double the number of first party studios, start Gamepass, bring BC to gamers and call for it always going forward. Right, nothing.

What does buying AA studios, the ability to play SOME last gen games and giving away games for nickels do for Xbox RIGHT NOW?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:

What does buying AA studios, the ability to play SOME last gen games and giving away games for nickels do for Xbox RIGHT NOW?

If you actually took moment to think I instead of shilling you may just figure it out. LOL.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

If you actually took moment to think I instead of shilling you may just figure it out. LOL.

You got stuck with two trashboxes this gen. OUCH! I feel bad for you.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cainetao11

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL

Why does the answer have to be RIGHT NOW? Are they or are they not making new hardware? And why is "giving games away for nickels" brought up like a bad thing? Im on MY SIDE. As for Last gen games, its funny that Sony is doing BC going forward from all reports. I buy a game, I like to be able to play it on that corporations line of game consoles. I know crazy.

No exclusive games are going to come RIGHT NOW. What is continuing to bitch and moan about it going to do RIGHT NOW?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You got stuck being a shill 24/7. I feel sorry for you. :(

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I got stuck with good games this gen while you're holding a bag of salt. Playstation fans right now...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I got stuck with good games this gen while you're holding a bag of salt. Playstation fans right now...

Whats funny is you act like a person must be a fan of a brand to buy the product. Ive played all I want to from PS4 this gen so far. Great entertainment.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5385 Posts
@BassMan said:

Phil is good stuff. He brought Play Anywhere and Game Pass to PC. For that, I am grateful as I no longer have to buy an Xbox console. I like watching his interviews as he is a down to earth guy who gets it. X1 first party was shit for the most part and their first party offerings should be a lot stronger next-gen.

Mr '30fps makes me ill' Bassman claiming Phil 'gets it'. The same Phil who said in a Gamespot interview he couldn't understand why anyone wants 60fps.

Yes, the head of Microsoft games actually said that. You're on the ball as usual.

As @goldenelementxl said above, the decision to continue with Crackdown 3 was truly baffling since he canned a Platinum Games title but poured more money into continued development of that horseshit.

Mr Spencer simply is not very bright and nobody needs him to point out the utter catastrophe Xbox turned into under his leadership. Also, people pinning their hopes on all these new studio acquisitions need to understand that's only a good thing if he's kept as far away from them as possible and plays no part in deciding which projects are seen through to completion.

Gamepass is a great idea and is currently great value for gamers and will only grow bigger if they can continue to bring in new games and keep the price reasonable. Given Phil's track record you'd have to assume this is something he had nothing at all to do with lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin

@cainetao11 said:

LOL

Why does the answer have to be RIGHT NOW? Are they or are they not making new hardware? And why is "giving games away for nickels" brought up like a bad thing? Im on MY SIDE. As for Last gen games, its funny that Sony is doing BC going forward from all reports. I buy a game, I like to be able to play it on that corporations line of game consoles. I know crazy.

No exclusive games are going to come RIGHT NOW. What is continuing to bitch and moan about it going to do RIGHT NOW?

It means jump the hell off the Xbox train until they get their shit together... which will probably come immediately after firing Phil Spencer. With Xbox guys, it's NEVER right now. It's always promises and promises and other assorted shit that always falls through. Isn't it time to stop waiting for E3 every year and time to play some new and exciting video games that don't feature a car?!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Well that is strange, you spend ALL of your time bitching about the system you don't own, stalking the head of the branch and claiming that you don't care. That's is a case of someone very dissatisfied with their gaming experience.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Well that is strange, you spend ALL of your time bitching about the system you don't own, stalking the head of the branch and claiming that you don't care. That's is a case of someone very dissatisfied with their gaming experience.

Sorry, those reverse fairy tales only work on Xbox guys. You people are singularly the most miserable people in gaming. And that's your fault, because you never put MS's feet to the fire until it was too late and Phil finally admitted the games sucked. We've been laughing at you ever since. And you still invested in a Playstation, and are STILL salty. Man, there's a hole in your soul a mile wide.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Sorry, those reverse fairy tales only work on Xbox guys. You people are singularly the most miserable people in gaming. And that's your fault, because you never put MS's feet to the fire until it was too late and Phil finally admitted the games sucked. We've been laughing at you ever since. And you still invested in a Playstation, and are STILL salty. Man, there's a hole in your soul a mile wide.

Complains about the Xbox and Phil daily, yet says others are salty.

Its seems like a certain group of you Sony fannies don't play games at all. You spend most of your time complaining about Microsoft and Nintendo. Must be really stressful knowing people are actually enjoying gaming on a platform you don't own.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:

Its seems like a certain group of you Sony fannies don't play games at all. You spend most of your time complaining about Microsoft and Nintendo. Must be really stressful knowing people are actually enjoying gaming on a platform you don't own.

Don't need to own it. MS is putting those games everywhere but PS4 which would be the final admittance of defeat. I'm not complaining, I'm making fun of you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: Xbox making their games available on PC and in November everywhere with Xcloud is a good thing for gamers. You are too busy being a shill, "you chose loyalty over games". Your quote. ;)

"I'm not complaining,"

"I'm getting sick of Phil's poo-pooing over this. He gets more money and more chances to screw up than any Xbox head before him, all the while trying to pull strings with the media to talk up his products behind the scenes. I'm sick of these interviews that sound like he's throwing a trillion dollar pity party."