Phil Spencer not concerned with console sales

• 61 results
#51 Edited by pdogg93 (1587 posts) -

Phlap in the wind Phil. The xbox narrative will constantly change to make it seem like they have a master plan in place.

The reality of it is that subscription based service only being peddled out at $1/month will never recoup costs for AAA games like halo Infinite which has cost over $500 million already (supposedly).

That being said, I’m happy to be able to access anything worth playing on the bone for a mere $1/month on my pc.

#52 Edited by Gatygun (1483 posts) -

Phil saw the light

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#53 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (4122 posts) -

TLHBO

Lyin' Phil is damage controlling before the latest flopbox hits the market.

PS5 = SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION

#54 Posted by blueinheaven (4487 posts) -

Life at MS is just one big holiday for Phil Spencer. The whole of this gen he didn't think his console needed any games now he doesn't think he needs to sell the console they are spending a fortune developing lol. Endless lolz with this clown.

#55 Posted by DrLostRib (4904 posts) -

it seems pretty obvious MS cares more about roping people into their ecosystem whether that's on an actual xbox or not

#56 Edited by ThatDBFan (268 posts) -

I honestly don't see anything about this saying that MS is gonna drop out of the console market. Phil was asked about the different versions of each Console (The Xbox One/S/X, and cheaper version of the Scarlett).

"So if somebody is sitting on the original Xbox One now, and they’re thinking about an X, they can make their own decision about what platform they want to have.

I don’t need to sell any specific version of the console in order for us to reach our business goals. The business isn’t how many consoles you sell. The business is how many players are playing the games that they buy, how they play. So if somebody bought an original Xbox One from us on launch day, and they’re buying and playing games, I don’t need to sell them an S. I don’t need to sell them an X. If they want to stay on the Xbox One they have and stay as a great member of our community or subscribe to Game Pass, that’s a great business for us."

He WAS NOT saying the sales of consoles overall. He was talking about the sales of each version of a console, how it isn't relative to the overall gaming experience on that platform. He's simply saying they're adding more options for fans to choose from if they want. And if they choose to stay on one version of, say, the Xbox One, then they can. Do you all lack basic reading comprehension, or did you only see "The business isn’t how many consoles you sell" and go all "LoL xBoX iS DyInG GeT rEkT LeMs"? think about it, if they REALLY didn't care about console sales, then why on earth would they even be making a next gen console?

The cows here either

a) Only saw the title here and went off of that

b) Read the article but ignored everything except for the title line.

#57 Edited by Xabiss (2643 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Sony Chief exec in May says that console gaming is a niche market, and that going forward he doesnt see it as a major market, compared to mobile and streaming .... Cows moo, and throw darts at Phil Spencer pictures.

Phil Spencer says he doesnt care WHICH xbox players use, as long as they're using one to play services provided by ms, Cows experience total meltdown, form a circle and udder jerk.

David Attenborough called, he wanted your herd to be on his next UHD nature documentary, but then he remembered that a ps4 doesnt even play CDs, never mind UHDs.

I think it’s easy from the outside to judge the health of our business around how many consoles any company sells. In the end, how many subscribers you have to something like Game Pass, how many games people are buying, those are much better metrics on the health of the business.

Sorry but this ^^ is bullshit,this is the lining they change to after getting their ass kick by the PS4,when they stopped reporting console sold and started grouping together live account including free ones on PC in a weak attempt to make everything seem bigger.

Is a big arrogant saying is not about consoles sold,if the were selling now close to 100 millions like the PS4 they could not stop bragging about it,this is nothing but loser Phill damage controlling 1 year ahead losing the sales race.

Is even a contradiction becasue he claim people on gamepass and the number of games sold are better metric,but reality is the bigger your user base is the more people will be on your service and buying your games.

So if the xbox one would have 80 million instead of 40 something,they would have more game sales and more people on gamepass and a even more healty business.

@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:

Perhaps you geniuses should actually read the interview instead of just the headline.

Shhhhhhhh! Damnit, it is more fun to watch the cow circle jerk.

Every thread bro every thread.

I have said it time and time again. So let me spell it out for you. I am a fan of gaming, but I am not a fan of cows and how they act period. I do not really like any fanboy for any system, but the ways cows act is beyond anything I have seen in gaming. So call it as you will.

BTW I can love the system, and not like the fanboys.

#58 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -
@blueinheaven said:

Life at MS is just one big holiday for Phil Spencer. The whole of this gen he didn't think his console needed any games now he doesn't think he needs to sell the console they are spending a fortune developing lol. Endless lolz with this clown.

The guy is a clown and the lems that fall for his bullshit PR and damage control are even bigger clowns 😂.

#59 Posted by xhawk27 (11290 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

losers will always be losers.

Don't act like the PS3 and you Cows weren't losers last gen. 🤣

#60 Posted by sakaiXx (5512 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@sakaixx said:

losers will always be losers.

Don't act like the PS3 and you Cows weren't losers last gen. 🤣

And winners try, and try again 😘

#61 Posted by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

So i guess now we see who drops 1st. Xbox...or Stadia?

That will be an interesting kinda run I guess.