PGR4 AAA from eurogamer and ign uk

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/823/823992p2.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84445&page=2

ign uk 9.1

Eurogamer 9/10

Added link to meristation (one of the best gamer websites in Spain)

http://meristation.com/v3/des_analisis.php?pic=GEN&id=cw46fca078e76de&idj=cw46475dc422f7c&&iframe=1

9.5/10

Miles0T0Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Miles0T0Prower
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
to bad their Bizzares last game before activision kills the quality
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
To bad eurogamer cant be trusted as they gave halo a 10.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
Wait for the GS review, although things are looking pretty good for PGR4, too bad it will be the last PGR.
doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts
microsoft owns the PGR brand, not bizare
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
The previous PRGs got alot of AAA scores also, fairly sure it won't get it here.
MasterTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterTony
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts

to bad their Bizzares last game before activision kills the qualityMiles0T0Prower

Microsoft owns the rights to PGR...i'm willing to betTurn10 will take over

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 doobie1975

[QUOTE="Miles0T0Prower"]to bad their Bizzares last game before activision kills the qualityMasterTony

i was thinking that too, just hope they dont turn it in too a watered down forza

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

To bad eurogamer cant be trusted as they gave halo a 10.killzowned24

Oh, so their reviewer isn't allowed to has his own opinion?

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]To bad eurogamer cant be trusted as they gave halo a 10.ToScA-

Not if it doesn't correspond with the individuals views as to what system should have the best games.

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]To bad eurogamer cant be trusted as they gave halo a 10.KirbyFan10101

Not if it doesn't correspond with the individuals views as to what system should have the best games.

Its not his fault hes just upset that killzone cant outscore Halo...it wont here..and he will discredit every website until Killzone comes out and scores better than halo 3 on some site...dont worry Flopzone will score better than H3 on Sony defense force

wooopz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wooopz
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

[QUOTE="Miles0T0Prower"]to bad their Bizzares last game before activision kills the qualityMasterTony

turn 10 will just ruin it i hope ms doesnt leave it to them

altho bizarre will prob create a new racing ip and since it will be published by activision will probably go multiplatform

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]To bad eurogamer cant be trusted as they gave halo a 10.KirbyFan10101

Almost half the Halo reviews are 10s, heck even the reader average here is 9.0. This is even with the people who rated Halo 3 either a 2 or 3 out of spite.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 doobie1975
i wonder if they will make metropolis street racer 2
MasterTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MasterTony
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts
[QUOTE="MasterTony"]

[QUOTE="Miles0T0Prower"]to bad their Bizzares last game before activision kills the qualitywooopz

turn 10 will just ruin it i hope ms doesnt leave it to them

altho bizarre will prob create a new racing ip and since it will be published by activision will probably go multiplatform

How would turn 10 ruin it? Turn 10 has proven they can make excellent driving games...I seriously doubt they'll screw up PGR...unless they make it too similar to Forza...

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts
PGR series is my favourite racing game!! so the reviews look promising.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
That's pretty impressive. It's exceeding the hype.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dreams-Visions
Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Zeliard9
doubt it. they just didn't think it'd be rated higher than Forza. Couple with the fact MS/Bizarre have been silent about this game and the fact that PGR3 didn't get AAA here after all it brought to the nextGen table (GothamTV, anyone?) and there was no reason to suspect this to be AAA work.
doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 doobie1975

Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Zeliard9

well i suppose with so many AAA coming out the the lems have the luxary of underhyping a game

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts
Another AAA title for the 360.. The list keeps growing!!!
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zeliard9

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Dreams-Visions
doubt it. they just didn't think it'd be rated higher than Forza. Couple with the fact MS/Bizarre have been silent about this game and the fact that PGR3 didn't get AAA here after all it brought to the nextGen table (GothamTV, anyone?) and there was no reason to suspect this to be AAA work.

PGR3 got an 8.8, which is a hair away from a 9, and would be a 9 rated with today's review system. PGR4 getting a 9 to me would be the least surprising thing in the world, especially when the reviews note that it's an improvement over the previous one. I was surprised when lemmings hyped PGR4 AA not only because of that fact, but also because of all the smack they've been talking about GT5. It's like, you talk all that talk, then you hype your "GT5-killer" as AA? Pretty weak stuff, and as you probably know I have no love lost for cows. Lemmings also hyped Lost Odyssey A, which is just tragic. What happened to the Final Fantasy-killer? Underhyping just to avoid a flop is no better than having it flop.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Zeliard9

PGR3 got an 8.8, which is a hair away from a 9, and would be a 9 rated with today's review system. PGR4 getting a 9 to me would be the least surprising thing in the world, especially when the reviews note that it's an improvement over the previous one. I was surprised when lemmings hyped PGR4 AA not only because of that fact, but also because of all the smack they've been talking about GT5. It's like, you talk all that talk, then you hype your "GT5-killer" as AA? Pretty weak stuff, and as you probably know I have no love lost for cows. Lemmings also hyped Lost Odyssey A, which is just tragic. What happened to the Final Fantasy-killer? Underhyping just to avoid a flop is no better than having it flop.

Bottom line: PGR3 was AA here. There is no imperical evidence that the reviewers would simply "round up" an 8.8 to a 9.0. If they didn't think it was AAA then, I'm of the persuasion that they would have rounded DOWN to an 8.5. Regardless, the bottom line is still AA for PGR3. As such, there's no reason to start hyping PGR4 as AAA. Especially considering the lack of attention Microsoft is currently giving that game. You could have damn near forgotten that it was coming out during the months of August and September. When launches of 1st party games are that quiet, it makes people wonder if it's going to deliver or not.

AA hype was expected for these reasons.

And BTW, who in the hell was hyping PGR4 as a GT5 killer? They're not the same kind of game at all.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts
This game wont score higher than forza. There is no reason for this game to score higher than forza. There is no reason for this game to get anything above an 8.5
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

This game wont score higher than forza. There is no reason for this game to score higher than forza. There is no reason for this game to get anything above an 8.5SupraGT

why not?

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

This game wont score higher than forza. There is no reason for this game to score higher than forza. There is no reason for this game to get anything above an 8.5SupraGT

Something's wrong with your post. I'm unable to find any argument in which you back up what you just said:|

Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

And BTW, who in the hell was hyping PGR4 as a GT5 killer? They're not the same kind of game at all.

Dreams-Visions

The cows and lemmings only make that comparison based on graphics, a psuedo-arcade racer isn't in direct competition with a ultra-realistic racer like GT5.

Forza 2 is the best candidate for 'GT5 killer'

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zeliard9
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Dreams-Visions

Bottom line: PGR3 was AA here. There is no imperical evidence that the reviewers would simply "round up" an 8.8 to a 9.0. If they didn't think it was AAA then, I'm of the persuasion that they would have rounded DOWN to an 8.5. Regardless, the bottom line is still AA for PGR3. As such, there's no reason to start hyping PGR4 as AAA. Especially considering the lack of attention Microsoft is currently giving that game. You could have damn near forgotten that it was coming out during the months of August and September. When launches of 1st party games are that quiet, it makes people wonder if it's going to deliver or not.

AA hype was expected for these reasons.

It doesn't make sense that they would have rounded down to 8.5 instead of up to 9 just to keep it from being "AAA". I don't think they care nearly as much about those arbitrary tags as people around here do. Generally if you have an 8.8 of anything, you'll round it up to 9 much sooner than down to 8.5. That's how rounding works.

And regardless of all the AAA/AA hubbub, in the end, PGR3 was only .2 away from a 9. And that difference of only .2 that so many people put so much stock in (because it didn't reach magical AAA status, oh no) is a perfect example of one of the main reasons GS opted to go with a new reviewing system that eliminates those types of decimals.

Microsoft rarely hypes their games that aren't Halo, anyway, so the lack of marketing surrounding PGR shouldn't really be an indication of anything. How much hype do you honestly expect Mass Effect to receive? This isn't like some movie studio who doesn't want to screen their film for critics, and from that you can gather that it's probably of a low quality. Can't really make that type of judgement here.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
i'd like to see more, cause i saw some video's and they looked more of the same and jagiie as hell.
zpxkjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zpxkjp
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Not a surprise the game looks stunning!
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Zeliard9

Funny that I saw 100's of threads about Lair, HS, Uncharted, R&C this year being AAA and how many of them were/will be hyped AAA by Cows?

(EDIT answer being 1 - heavenly sword)

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
I see it getting an 8.5 here at Gamespot, but no lower then that. 9.0 is possible, but unlikely.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Thinking of selling Forza 2 plus my wheel for a package deal on ebay, and buying this game. PGR3 was great fun, and I have high hopes for this game. Forza 2's driving model sucks, I'm sorry. I'll stick to SimBin games for real realism, and PGR for arcadey yet fun racing.

If Turn 10 is making the next PGR I will probably stay away...

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

wow, so each time a site gives an xbox game a 10 it cant be trusted?

fanboyism at its finest

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Lemmings underhyped it, as usual. Lair even scared them.Dreams-Visions

I did. Too bad I don't do bets/hyping.

Doing what they did on part three, getting better results with the hardware, and adding motorcyles was enough to push it over the edge to me.

Of course, Gamespot can still flop it. They haven't seemed too impressed with that game over the different versions.

hydrophoboe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 hydrophoboe
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts
wow, so each time a site gives an xbox game a 10 it cant be trusted?

fanboyism at its finest

Kaosed

These are the same type of "folks"(there is a more colorful word for them, but I'll refrain) that go onto Metacritic and Gamerankings and trash a game they don't even own.

And THAT is why I'll take a critic's opinion over some fourteen-year-old's opinion ANY day.
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

that doesn't make any sense. It proves they are reliable :roll:

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

We can trust IGN.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

People for Europe love racing games though :P

This game does look good... im hyping AA.