people seriously think x1 stands a chance in terms of sales?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i know lems are a deluded bunch but seriously use your brains for once, if the successor to the greatest selling console of all time aka ps3 was stumbling at the stupidly high price point what chance does the x1 have selling at that price? sony had and still have much more brand power and it still took them years and numerous price cuts to gain any sort of momentum.

every console, even the wii u moved millions in the first few months but there is no way x1 will keep up with ps4 next year. i dont know about us but here in uk x1 are available in retail stores, ps4 sell out immediately and this was m$ 2nd strongest market last gen. sony will dominate japan, europe, uk and will beat x1 60/40 in their back yard.

but i admit m$ will remain king of bu-bu-bu black friday 2013

game, which is i think the biggest video game retailer in uk, has plenty of x1. lems are seriously deluded if they think the majority like trash

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/xbox-one/xbox-one-launch-consoles/ - x1 in stock and available to buy

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4/launch/?cm_sp=TopNav-_-PS4-_-PS4Console - ps4 only option is £700

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#2 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Oh shut up.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

And people think that because a console is sold out means that it sold tons.

Maybe they had low stock to start with

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

Oh shut up.

oh look its that 40 year with selina gomez sig hahahhaha u feeling left out because no one wants wiiu? keep crying, it may lessen your pain

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PrincessGomez92

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Oh shut up.

oh look its that 40 year with selina gomez sig hahahhaha u feeling left out because no one wants wiiu? keep crying, it may lessen your pain

God, you're dumb. Just like those "deluded lems".

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Oh shut up.

God, you're dumb. Just like those "deluded lems".

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PrincessGomez92

Fucking idiot.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

Fucking idiot.

your tears...they are delicious. hahaha selina fu%kin gomez

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

LOL you guys are funny.

But be careful of all the trash talk. Cows hyped TLOU the AAAA game of the century and they are still damage controlling. The next NPD might not be good news for you guys either. And I would hate/love to see that damage control if the Xbox One takes the lead. Remember you have to have stock to sell your products.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I think lems know Xbone doesn't stand a chance. They are just putting on a brave face on SW so that they don't get laughed out of the forums. They've probably known the sales war was over since E3 just like everyone else. Now all they do is damage control and deny all the proof that PS4s are sold out everywhere. Whatever helps them sleep better at night I suppose.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Oh shut up.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

The PS4 and Xbone will be close in sales.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

At out selling PS? No. Sony is the world wide favorite. At being successful this gen? Sure it does.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Do you know how many XBox and PS4 where shipped to retailers?

If you don't just shut the hell up.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

i know lems are a deluded bunch but seriously use your brains for once, if the successor to the greatest selling console of all time aka ps3 was stumbling at the stupidly high price point what chance does the x1 have selling at that price? sony had and still have much more brand power and it still took them years and numerous price cuts to gain any sort of momentum.

every console, even the wii u moved millions in the first few months but there is no way x1 will keep up with ps4 next year. i dont know about us but here in uk x1 are available in retail stores, ps4 sell out immediately and this was m$ 2nd strongest market last gen. sony will dominate japan, europe, uk and will beat x1 60/40 in their back yard.

but i admit m$ will remain king of bu-bu-bu black friday 2013

game, which is i think the biggest video game retailer in uk, has plenty of x1. lems are seriously deluded if they think the majority like trash

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/xbox-one/xbox-one-launch-consoles/ - x1 in stock and available to buy

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4/launch/?cm_sp=TopNav-_-PS4-_-PS4Console - ps4 only option is £700

PS3 sucked for three years, got its footing, some great games and a price drop. The One is already selling well and when it gets a price drop likely in a year it will be even stronger. Its a marathon not a sprint. And Im not promising the One will outsell the PS4 long-term. But it is and will continue to be a great success. Sony as a company overall have much bigger issues than the PS4 beating the One in sales.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

Since when has gamespot allowed these kids to use profanity? This website has gone to crap lately.

The Xbox One will be very successful especially when the big name games like Halo are released.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

I think lems know Xbone doesn't stand a chance. They are just putting on a brave face on SW so that they don't get laughed out of the forums. They've probably known the sales war was over since E3 just like everyone else. Now all they do is damage control and deny all the proof that PS4s are sold out everywhere. Whatever helps them sleep better at night I suppose.

Do you really think people who like The 360 and the One care so much about whats said on forums? Cause if anyone cares whats said on a gaming forum really needs a mental check up and a life. Posting, replying, arguing, and sometimes having a good conversation is cool, but no matter what you support caring if your system of choice is dissed online ranks right up there with holding a AA meeting at a bar.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

It's possible, it depends how they market them.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I certainly do. Not cuz its a great console or its offering anything truly useful, needed, and revolutionary, but if the 360 thought us anything, is that the general public are idiots who fall for stupid advertisement and propaganda.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

So if its out of stock its selling better, I get it now. Nothing to do with supply at all, nothing to do with the fact Sony have to get consoles to more countries and is struggling to do so.

Perhaps Microsoft has a better supply, perhaps Game are only allowing gamers to buy the more expensive PS4 package because they make more out of it or they need to sell more games or even perhaps Sony at this time is selling a bit better.

Both console are selling well and there is no reason why this wont continue, there will be ups and downs, but Microsoft has enough up its sleeve to ensure it can compete.

Last thing, sales don't directly lead to profits. But I doubt you will understand that.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

So if its out of stock its selling better, I get it now. Nothing to do with supply at all, nothing to do with the fact Sony have to get consoles to more countries and is struggling to do so.

Perhaps Microsoft has a better supply, perhaps Game are only allowing gamers to buy the more expensive PS4 package because they make more out of it or they need to sell more games or even perhaps Sony at this time is selling a bit better.

Both console are selling well and there is no reason why this wont continue, there will be ups and downs, but Microsoft has enough up its sleeve to ensure it can compete.

Last thing, sales don't directly lead to profits. But I doubt you will understand that.

No. Xbone isn't doing too hot. Predictions point Xbone sales at 65k in Europe. They also performed worse in the NA than SONY did.

thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thegroveman
Member since 2012 • 123 Posts

I fail to see how it's good for anyone if the X1 fails. You think all those gamers will trot down and buy a PS4 or a Wii U and everyone will be happy? No, if the X1 fails, it will not be good for the industry.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Last generation , X360 had the upper hand.

Cheaper , similar or even better graphical quality on multiplatforms/first exclusives , 1 year more in the market , steal many otherwise PS exclusives , Sony on the loss of 6 billion ...

And in the end all they managed was to be on par with PS3 on sales. Then declared themselfs ( lems/M$ ) winners !!

Lets see now that Sony has the upper hand what will happen lems , lets just see!

@thegroveman said:

I fail to see how it's good for anyone if the X1 fails. You think all those gamers will trot down and buy a PS4 or a Wii U and everyone will be happy? No, if the X1 fails, it will not be good for the industry.

Was bad for the industry when Sega failed ? Maybe for some die hard Sega fans but industry moved on and in a pretty good fashion. By your logic all those Sega lovers quit console gaming .... I was one , here i am ! What logic is that?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

I still don't understand how sales = fun. Whether the X1 sells 1 console or 100 million, it doesn't change the fact i enjoy it

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: Don't really care. I own both systems and will be enjoying games and exclusives on both consoles. I'll let Sony & Microsoft worry about the sales. We all know that Microsoft will eventually lower the price of the XB1 to a point that it will be affordable for everything and like the Ps3 it'll start selling millions just like the XBox 360. I'm sure Microsoft cares more about the U.S. market then any of the other markets first. As long as developers continue to make quality games for the systems, gamers will buy them.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@thegroveman said:

Microsoft has proven itself to be a gigantic asshole of the gaming industry. Wanting Microsoft to continue competing for the sole sake of providing SONY with competition is a dumb excuse, as there are plenty of corporations out there that could provide better competition for the industry. Google is one candidate.

The truth is, Microsoft screwed up, and the principles of the free market dictate that Microsoft should be punished financially and sales-wise for their incompetence. That's the very idea of competition. So yes, it's the very good thing that the Xbone isn't doing too hot in sales. What would Microsoft executives think if the Xbone was selling as well as the PS4? "Oh shit. We just tried to screw the gamers over but we still got the same sales as our competition. Let's try f*cking everyone over next-gen. After all, if there's a backlash, we'll just apologize and end up exactly where we were this gen!!!"

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: Don't really care. I own both systems and will be enjoying games and exclusives on both consoles. I'll let Sony & Microsoft worry about the sales. We all know that Microsoft will eventually lower the price of the XB1 to a point that it will be affordable for everything and like the Ps3 it'll start selling millions just like the XBox 360. I'm sure Microsoft cares more about the U.S. market then any of the other markets first. As long as developers continue to make quality games for the systems, gamers will buy them.

@Heil68 said:

The PS4 and Xbone will be close in sales.

In the U.S. it will eventually even out I think. I Japan & Europe PS4 will be ahead. As long as both continue to sell better then the Wii U and we continue to get some great games, I'm happy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Yes. Next.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@blackace:

When are we going to play some co-op in Ryse or DR3? :D

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

Microsoft has proven itself to be a gigantic asshole of the gaming industry. Wanting Microsoft to continue competing for the sole sake of providing SONY with competition is a dumb excuse. The truth is, Microsoft screwed up, and the principles of the free market dictate that Microsoft should be punished financially and sales-wise for their incompetence. That's the very idea of competition. So yes, it's the very good thing that the Xbone isn't doing too hot in sales. What would Microsoft executives think if the Xbone was selling as well as the PS4? "Oh shit. We just tried to screw the gamers over but we still got the same sales as our competition. Let's try f*cking everyone over next-gen. After all, if there's a backlash, we'll just apologize and end up exactly where we were this gen!!!"

Such a drama queen, steam did exactly the same thing when they started except they didn't allow sharing or selling of used games and look where they are now. Microsoft where not looking to screw the gamers. They saw the market going digital and tried to implement it to early. They got shafted with piracy last generation and tried to make it impossible for this to happen again. There policies simply missed an offline mode nothing more, if they had put it in gamers would have loved it once they got over the initial change.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Just buy the PS4 and be happy. I know i will.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@tdkmillsy said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

Microsoft has proven itself to be a gigantic asshole of the gaming industry. Wanting Microsoft to continue competing for the sole sake of providing SONY with competition is a dumb excuse. The truth is, Microsoft screwed up, and the principles of the free market dictate that Microsoft should be punished financially and sales-wise for their incompetence. That's the very idea of competition. So yes, it's the very good thing that the Xbone isn't doing too hot in sales. What would Microsoft executives think if the Xbone was selling as well as the PS4? "Oh shit. We just tried to screw the gamers over but we still got the same sales as our competition. Let's try f*cking everyone over next-gen. After all, if there's a backlash, we'll just apologize and end up exactly where we were this gen!!!"

Such a drama queen, steam did exactly the same thing when they started except they didn't allow sharing or selling of used games and look where they are now. Microsoft where not looking to screw the gamers. They saw the market going digital and tried to implement it to early. They got shafted with piracy last generation and tried to make it impossible for this to happen again. There policies simply missed an offline mode nothing more, if they had put it in gamers would have loved it once they got over the initial change.

If Valve designed the Xbone, I'm sure everyone would love it. All or at least most multiplayer gaming would be run at dedicated servers (Only Forza 5 runs on dedis on the Xbone). No multiplayer paywall. Lots of discounts. Other consumer-friendly practices.

It's the fact that Microsoft designed it that's the issue. Just look at Forza 5's disgusting microtransaction practice.

thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thegroveman
@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

If Microsoft had launched the Xbox One with its original policies intact the market would have been justified in rejecting the console. However, they reversed all those policies and red-faced entitled brats are still reveling in any evidence that the console might be struggling, hoping for a corpse to dance on. The problem is, then what? Consoles like the Dreamcast failed due to the market, and I certainly don't remember this level of acrimony around its demise, at least nothing to the level of the sick glee aimed at the struggles of the Wii U.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

X1 will sell just fine and its a fine console too. I'll buy a ps4 too when it gets some good games.

thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thegroveman
@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

If Valve designed the Xbone, I'm sure everyone would love it. All or at least most multiplayer gaming would be run at dedicated servers (Only Forza 5 runs on dedis on the Xbone). No multiplayer paywall. Lots of discounts. Other consumer-friendly practices.

It's the fact that Microsoft designed it that's the issue. Just look at Forza 5's disgusting microtransaction practice.

Long before being worshiped by the gaming acolytes, Valve was hated by those same people for its "disgusting" DRM schemes.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@thegroveman said:
@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

If Microsoft had launched the Xbox One with its original policies intact the market would have been justified in rejecting the console. However, they reversed all those policies and red-faced entitled brats are still reveling in any evidence that the console might be struggling, hoping for a corpse to dance on. The problem is, then what? Consoles like the Dreamcast failed due to the market, and I certainly don't remember this level of acrimony around its demise, at least nothing to the level of the sick glee aimed at the struggles of the Wii U.

Then what? Then a consumer-friendly company like google joins the race and provides SONY with some real competition that benefits us, the gamers. The only competition that Microsoft provided in the industry was how to f*ck the consumers even harder than before. It's like a sick race between Microsoft, EA and other big gaming companies as to which of these bastards can invent the best way to rip-off gamers. Paid DLC and P2P multiplayer paywalls are thanks to Microsoft (Even after promising dedis for all multiplayer, only Forza 5 is running on dedis). Now, they're trying to put microtransactions on full-priced retail games - Forza 5. SONY is guilty of following suit, but at least they aren't the ones who started those practices. It's thanks to Microsoft that these practices became the norm.

In any case, google's business model of subsidizing hardware costs via ad revenue can catapult google as a viable competitor in the gaming industry despite being a new-comer. I have little doubt that if google were to enter the next-generation of console gaming, they could design the most powerful console at the cheapest price. I also believe that google wouldn't put multiplayer behind a paywall, providing SONY with some pressure to follow suit. If anyone can clean up all the dirty practices in the gaming industry that Microsoft have made common, it's google.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Majority of those 80 million 360's were probably people who had RROD and bought a second one. Something MilkingSoft failed to acknowledge for years.

It's no lie, PlayStation is a stronger brand than Xflop.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@betamaxx83 said:

Majority of those 80 million 360's were probably people who had RROD and bought a second one. Something MilkingSoft failed to acknowledge for years.

It's no lie, PlayStation is a stronger brand than Xflop.

Righto!

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@thegroveman said:
@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

Long before being worshiped by the gaming acolytes, Valve was hated by those same people for its "disgusting" DRM schemes.

You keep comparing the Xbone to STEAM, yet you fail to consider the companies that run these services.

Valve isn't anti-consumer. Microsoft is. That's the biggest difference.

I don't know much about what people thought about Valve during its inception, but that's irrelevant when comparing how these services benefit the gamers. Did you know that Microsoft attempted to compete with Valve by offering its own DD software for Windows and had the gall to charge $$$ for multiplayer access?

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

Well, if it pumps out some more AAA exclusives like Titanfall, it will.

Give it time.

thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thegroveman

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:
@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

Then what? Then a consumer-friendly company like google joins the race and provides SONY with some real competition that benefits us, the gamers. The only competition that Microsoft provided in the industry was how to f*ck the consumers even harder than before. It's like a sick race between Microsoft, EA and other big gaming companies as to which of these bastards can invent the best way to rip-off gamers. Paid DLC and P2P multiplayer paywalls are thanks to Microsoft (Even after promising dedis for all multiplayer, only Forza 5 is running on dedis). Now, they're trying to put microtransactions on full-priced retail games - Forza 5. SONY is guilty of following suit, but at least they aren't the ones who started those practices. It's thanks to Microsoft that these practices became the norm.

In any case, google's business model of subsidizing hardware costs via ad revenue can catapult google as a viable competitor in the gaming industry despite being a new-comer. I have little doubt that if google were to enter the next-generation of console gaming, they could design the most powerful console at the cheapest price.

Wait, Google? Consumer-friendly? You've lost me. Most of the criticism aimed at the Xbox One was due to privacy concerns, and Google is well known for valuing customer privacy. Oh, wait... and as far as paying for Xbox Live goes, I've never understood the hate. Microsoft decided that Live should be a revenue-producing part of their business instead of losing money like the other guys.

I'm definitely not a fan of microtransactions, especially in retail games, but you also have to understand where the industry is going. A big game basically has two streams of revenue, day one sales and whatever DLC/Microtransaction scheme will monetize the game's lifespan. Fewer and fewer people are early adopters because of things like Steam Sales, what do you expect? There is no white unicorn of the cheap game that feeds developer's kids while being consumer friendly, it just doesn't happen! I try to put myself in a developer or publisher's shoes when designing and trying to profitably sell a AAA game, it's a tough time, especially for a launch game on a new console with a small install base.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Halo TV will bring up the sales! pew pew pew! i'm expecting something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLXwA3bYkno

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@dbtbandit67 said:

Well, if it pumps out some more AAA exclusives like Titanfall, it will.

Give it time.

When did Titanfail release and when did it become exclusive?

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BattlefieldFan3

@thegroveman said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:
@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@thegroveman said:

In any case, google's business model of subsidizing hardware costs via ad revenue can catapult google as a viable competitor in the gaming industry despite being a new-comer. I have little doubt that if google were to enter the next-generation of console gaming, they could design the most powerful console at the cheapest price.

Wait, Google? Consumer-friendly? You've lost me. Most of the criticism aimed at the Xbox One was due to privacy concerns, and Google is well known for valuing customer privacy. Oh, wait... and as far as paying for Xbox Live goes, I've never understood the hate. Microsoft decided that Live should be a revenue-producing part of their business instead of losing money like the other guys.

I'm definitely not a fan of microtransactions, especially in retail games, but you also have to understand where the industry is going. A big game basically has two streams of revenue, day one sales and whatever DLC/Microtransaction scheme will monetize the game's lifespan. Fewer and fewer people are early adopters because of things like Steam Sales, what do you expect? There is no white unicorn of the cheap game that feeds developer's kids while being consumer friendly, it just doesn't happen! I try to put myself in a developer or publisher's shoes when designing and trying to profitably sell a AAA game, it's a tough time, especially for a launch game on a new console with a small install base.

Your conspiracy theories about google are amusing. Google tracks people to send them relevant advertising. If you find that sinister, then don't use their services.

SONY lost money on the PS3 due to poor engineering decisions. The PS3 cost too much to manufacture and they were selling each unit with a loss. The low install base made it difficult for SONY to sell via digital distribution. Ironic how you keep comparing Xbone to Steam, yet one of the biggest differences between the 2 is that multiplayer is free on Steam.

Xbox LIVE would have been profitable even if multiplayer was free of charge, since every game on it was running on a P2P network.

Also, your last paragraph speaks a lot about the type of people who support the Xbone. You'd rather have the industry with companies anal f*cking its consumers than have SONY win the sales race. It's disturbing to see even a glimmer of how your mind works.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

No one gives a shit about sales...Only reason all of you are rubbing it in lems' faces is because you want payback from the PS3's early days when lemmings wouldn't shut up. Karma's nice..you guys are all

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@John_Matherson said:

No one gives a shit about sales...Only reason all of you are rubbing it in lems' faces is because you want payback from the PS3's early days when lemmings wouldn't shut up. Karma's nice..you guys are all

No. Actually, I really want Microsoft to leave before they pollute the industry even more. Next up - Pay2win microtransactions on full retail-priced games starting with Flopza 5 and Immaturelo 5.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@John_Matherson said:

No. Actually, I really want Microsoft to leave before they pollute the industry even more. Next up - Pay2win microtransactions on full retail-priced games starting with Flopza 5 and Immaturelo 5.

*cough* GT6 *cough*

thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thegroveman

Your conspiracy theories about google are amusing. Google tracks people to send them relevant advertising. If you find that sinister, then don't use their services.

SONY lost money on the PS3 due to poor engineering decisions. The PS3 cost too much to manufacture and they were selling each unit with a loss. The low install base made it difficult for SONY to sell via digital distribution. Ironic how you keep comparing Xbone to Steam, yet one of the biggest differences between the 2 is that multiplayer is free on Steam.

Xbox LIVE would have been profitable even if multiplayer was free of charge, since every game on it was running on a P2P network.

Also, your last paragraph speaks a lot about the type of people who support the Xbone. You'd rather have the industry with companies anal f*cking its consumers than have SONY win the sales race. It's disturbing to see even a glimmer of how your mind works.

I guess it was silly to try and have a civil conversation with you. My advice would be to find a hobby that doesn't cause your blood pressure to spike to unhealthy levels. Take a sabbatical.

I don't own an Xbox One or even a 360 at this point.

And as Google goes, street view cars accessing residential wifi networks to mine data is hardly innocuous tracking for advertising purposes.