people need to stop buying Wiis

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

justdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 justdog11
Member since 2004 • 3524 Posts

Nintendo has become so confident to the point of ignorance.  I bought a Wii intruiged by all others in its uncommon style,  but for over a month now it's been sitting in a bag in my closet, because I brought it back from my father's one weekend but had no real reason to set it up again.  Sure, Wii was a blast for a little while, but for a long time now its been getting awfully mediocre and static support.  The worse part?  Nintendo is getting into the same attitude they had with the 64 after they made big success with the Super Nintendo: they've really stopped caring about 3rd party support; now to the point where they won't even let them put certain features into their games that a Nintendo title hasn't first exhibited such as online.  THere has been little to no reason to play a Wii for quite some time (besides Paper Mario, but I don't care for it and I'm sure millions of other Wii owners don't either).

Wait until this holiday season to decide wether or not to get a Wii, because for now it's a summer drought. 

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i would buy a wii if i could find one!
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Well,since you said so,clearly people should stop buying them.:|
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
Millions of Wii owners love Super Paper Mario.
Avatar image for xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
Member since 2004 • 1841 Posts

If you have friends that can come over to play, then the Wii is totally worth owning for the summer.

Rudy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rudy25
Member since 2003 • 2001 Posts
I'll get right on that.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jim_shorts
Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard. I mean, when a crappy mini-game collection is the best game on the system, there's something wrong.HALO3xpert
That "crappy minigame collection" got a higher score than any PS3 game.  Oblivion is a port, and does not count.
geneticlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 geneticlone
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts

The games all render horribly on the Wii.

The control is retarded, you can wave it around all you want but it doesn't work as good as it should for the money.

The thing looks retarded on the shelf.

Its completly over hyped, by a bunch of 10 year old boys.

Honestly since the nintendo 64 there hasn't been a new title worth mentioning.

It costs more then a horse and is completly not worth the money.

What it does have is a good marketing team.

HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HALO3xpert
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts
There's only one game coming out for the Wii that has any worth whatsoever, and that's SSBB. Aside from that, nothing.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

Nintendo has become so confident to the point of ignorance.  I bought a Wii intruiged by all others in its uncommon style,  but for over a month now it's been sitting in a bag in my closet, because I brought it back from my father's one weekend but had no real reason to set it up again.  Sure, Wii was a blast for a little while, but for a long time now its been getting awfully mediocre and static support.  The worse part?  Nintendo is getting into the same attitude they had with the 64 after they made big success with the Super Nintendo: they've really stopped caring about 3rd party support; now to the point where they won't even let them put certain features into their games that a Nintendo title hasn't first exhibited such as online.  THere has been little to no reason to play a Wii for quite some time (besides Paper Mario, but I don't care for it and I'm sure millions of other Wii owners don't either).

Wait until this holiday season to decide wether or not to get a Wii, because for now it's a summer drought. 

justdog11

oh ok yea can you prove that part or you just got igonorance after freaking 6 moths

thats is your fault NOT NINTENDO FAULT :|

oh yea so true *looks at sony.......* enough said :|

Nintendo lets 3rd party try for themselfs if not they leave Nintendo and go to ms/sony used your damm head

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Nintendo is awful anybody else see that "How nintendo became the worlds favorite underdog" thing... There doing it all over again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard.HALO3xpert

So I guess I'm not a real gamer then,huh?

What real gamer would want any console to fail?

HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HALO3xpert
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard. I mean, when a crappy mini-game collection is the best game on the system, there's something wrong.jim_shorts
That "crappy minigame collection" got a higher score than any PS3 game.  Oblivion is a port, and does not count.

Screw the PS3, 360 is way better.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts

I'm going to stop when I get these three...

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard. I mean, when a crappy mini-game collection is the best game on the system, there's something wrong.HALO3xpert

yes obvilion is on the PS3 so therefore it counts. Having fun playing Mario 5000
HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HALO3xpert

[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"] Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard.VGobbsesser

Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.
cancerousarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cancerousarm
Member since 2003 • 239 Posts
I might buy a Wii next year but for now my 360 and PS3 are keeping me busy. Also, I want to get a red Wii, whenever they release those.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard. I mean, when a crappy mini-game collection is the best game on the system, there's something wrong.HALO3xpert

I'll agree with you on that point, but I don't see how you can say the Wii just has minigame collections when there's only around 10.  10 out of 400 equals just minigame collections?
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
i would buy a wii if i could find one! deadmeat59
http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6958
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
Or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.HALO3xpert

The Wii is the closest console to evolution.

HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HALO3xpert
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.VGobbsesser

Funniest thing I've read all day. It has nothing but boring rehashes of games that sucked to begin with. Metroid Prime 3? Twilight Princess? Mario? Don't make me laugh.
Avatar image for TheCSPeaceMaker
TheCSPeaceMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheCSPeaceMaker
Member since 2005 • 594 Posts

I bought a Wii intruiged

And you say Nintendo is blooming with ignorance. :roll:

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.HALO3xpert

Funniest thing I've read all day. It has nothing but boring rehashes of games that sucked to begin with. Metroid Prime 3? Twilight Princess? Mario? Don't make me laugh.

halo 3 halo wars?

oblivon.... fear gears of ware halo 1,2,3 halo of wars.... halo collection..... halo regular editon... halo helmet editon with games :roll:

i wouldnt be talking lemming

Wahoo2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wahoo2k
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.HALO3xpert

I like how you can say metroid prime sucks when it clearly got such a high score, have you actually played them? If you haven't your opinions are already void and you should be ignored.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Opinion,and they aren't rehashes.

And right now,you're the one making me laugh.

HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HALO3xpert
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.wavebrid

halo 3 halo wars?

oblivon.... fear gears of ware halo 1,2,3 halo of wars.... halo collection..... halo regular editon... halo helmet editon with games :roll:

i wouldnt be talking lemming

That's different. Halo Wars, for one, is in a completely different genre. And anyways, Halo 3 isn't a rehash of the first two. With the power of the 360, it will have better graphics, larger areas, more enemies onscreen, etc. The Wii can't do that because it's barely more powerful than the gamecube.
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard. I mean, when a crappy mini-game collection is the best game on the system, there's something wrong.

And the other games are boring rehashes and sequels to games that sucked to begin with, and what else? More crappy mini-game collections.

HALO3xpert
I smell a ban-dodger, so how is it going HALO2xpert?  :lol:
HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HALO3xpert
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.Wahoo2k

I like how you can say metroid prime sucks when it clearly got such a high score, have you actually played them? If you haven't your opinions are already void and you should be ignored.

I learned to stop caring about GS scores when they rated that piece of crap Zelda game at a 10.
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bluestorm-Kalas

I'm going to stop when I get these three...

SER69
Teh sexay.
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bluestorm-Kalas
I learned to stop caring about GS scores when they rated that piece of crap Zelda game at a 10.HALO3xpert
Just...go away.
HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HALO3xpert
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]I learned to stop caring about GS scores when they rated that piece of crap Zelda game at a 10.Bluestorm-Kalas
Just...go away.

no
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
I might be buying one in a few weeks, if I can find one.
isDoooomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 isDoooomed
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts

[QUOTE="Bluestorm-Kalas"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]I learned to stop caring about GS scores when they rated that piece of crap Zelda game at a 10.HALO3xpert
Just...go away.

no

Fine, stay so you can amuse me further, Mr. "REAL Gamer".

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Nintendo has become so confident to the point of ignorance. I bought a Wii intruiged by all others in its uncommon style, but for over a month now it's been sitting in a bag in my closet, because I brought it back from my father's one weekend but had no real reason to set it up again. Sure, Wii was a blast for a little while, but for a long time now its been getting awfully mediocre and static support. The worse part? Nintendo is getting into the same attitude they had with the 64 after they made big success with the Super Nintendo: they've really stopped caring about 3rd party support; now to the point where they won't even let them put certain features into their games that a Nintendo title hasn't first exhibited such as online. THere has been little to no reason to play a Wii for quite some time (besides Paper Mario, but I don't care for it and I'm sure millions of other Wii owners don't either).

Wait until this holiday season to decide wether or not to get a Wii, because for now it's a summer drought.

justdog11

You think of this now? I've known this since Last year. As soon as Nintendo announced Zelda TP for Wii and delayed metroid i knew they were desperate enough because they were bracing themselves for a huge drought. But at least they can redeem themselves by releasing 3 of their biggest games all in the same Quarter. Hopefully add in some more colours, white sucks.

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="Wahoo2k"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.HALO3xpert

I learned to stop caring about GS scores when they rated that piece of crap Zelda game at a 10.

Wait....GS were the only site/magazine/critic source to give OoT a 10?  

dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
I already have two Wiis. The first one I play with constantly. The other...just lies there.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

i think the wii craze will die down if nintendo doesn't supply them.  Unlike diamonds or gold, the wii is a fad, it will pass eventually, the novelty WILL wear off (if it is, on the other hand, such a REVOLUTIONary idea then all console devs will use it, then wii will loose its edge), supply and demand will not be so straight forward.  When people are so frustrated at not getting a wii, they will turn to the next cheapest or best graphically alternatives.

Nintendo's grave may be dug by their own hands if they are not careful.

LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts
[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"] Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard.HALO3xpert

Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.

So by evolving you mean using the same controller over again without a new way of playing a game? 
HALO3xpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HALO3xpert
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="Wahoo2k"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.Riviera_Phantom

I learned to stop caring about GS scores when they rated that piece of crap Zelda game at a 10.

Media bias, of course.
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="Wahoo2k"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]Sorry if I actually like gaming to evolve, rather than sticking with same old tech, which in turn means same old rehashes.HALO3xpert

Media bias, of course.

your like PS3_FTW but for the 360
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

Any REAL gamer would want to Wii to fail and fail hard. I mean, when a crappy mini-game collection is the best game on the system, there's something wrong.

And the other games are boring rehashes and sequels to games that sucked to begin with, and what else? More crappy mini-game collections.

HALO3xpert

haha wow you can't be serious.  lol your so pathetic... 

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

i would buy a wii if i could find one! deadmeat59

Same here. Loz would last me at least a month or so, same with Paper Mario, Then by that time, i'll play them over or have another game to play such as SSB, SMG, MP3, FE or whatever else. I'm not effected by drouts luckily becaue i can only afford 2 - 3 games a year.

P0K3YM4NZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 P0K3YM4NZ
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

HALO3xpert

no real gamer would want any system to fail.

BTW, you're clearly ban dodging, halo2xpert. i love how you don't even attempt to make it appear otherwise.:lol:

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts
The wii has become the casuals system of choice. I've been over to 2 of my friends homes to play it and I'm not even convinced to buy one. Pure mini games. Nothing interesting at all with it.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts

HALO3xpert

ah, so super paper mario is a total waste of space, right? :| 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]

distrbdslipsoad

He's probably going to compare it to a black hole, given his posting record. >_>
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
[QUOTE="distrbdslipsoad"][QUOTE="HALO3xpert"]

PannicAtack

He's probably going to compare it to a black hole, given his posting record. >_>

and just LOOK at that username :o