People are hating Xbone for all the wrong reasons

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

I've found the Xbone pretty laughable but two things I have to call out:

1) All the broohaha about used games and trading and literally giving Sony a standing ovation at E3 even though their policy is very similar to Microsoft's when it comes to used games. They wont block used games, but if publishers want to they can. That is exactly what MS have said. Where is the difference? The only thing against MS here seems to be them potentially stopping you from lending a game to a friend, which is acceptable to gripe about if that's something you do regularly.

2) Internet check-in. What the **** is all the crying about this? For real? Is it 1999? You're using the internet to complain about all the millions who apparently have no internet. I've stayed in hostels in ****ing Honduras which had wifi. Are you serious?

Seriously, am I having a stroke or is all the crying over these two things pants on head ridiculous? Why aren't you crying for the legit things that make it laughably terrible, like the mandatory Kinect, TV nonsense, gigantic horrible design and absurd price tag?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

now you get to be called a lemming.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ninja-Hippo

CaseyWegner
:lol: It happens all the time any way.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

1) All the broohaha about used games and trading and literally giving Sony a standing ovation at E3 even though their policy is identical to Microsoft's. They wont block used games, but if publishers want to they can. That is exactly what MS have said. Where is the difference? Even Sony's loltastic video of him passing the game to his friend. There's nothing stopping you doing that with the Xbone. You just have to delete it off your hard drive first because it cannot be played on two at once. When your friend returns it, he must delete it from his. The only time anyone must pay is if you install it on two machines and both want to keep it. You would have to pay to do that at retail anyway. What is the problem?

2) Internet check-in. What the **** is all the crying about this? For real? Is it 1999? You're using the internet to complain about all the millions who apparently have no internet. I've stayed in hostels in ****ing Honduras which had wifi. Are you serious?

Seriously, am I having a stroke or is all the crying over these two things pants on head ridiculous? Why aren't you crying for the legit things that make it laughably terrible, like the mandatory Kinect, TV nonsense, gigantic horrible design and absurd price tag?

Ninja-Hippo
sony doesnt require u to be friends for 30 days before u lend it to somone......and even this gen with things like online pass u still had to pay to borrow a game like BF3 and such......so how exactly is sony doing what microsoft is doing
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"] sony doesnt require u to be friends for 30 days before u lend it to somone....

Yeah that is kinda bullsh1tty of them.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

It takes a special kind of lemmo to claim Sony and M$'s DRM policies are EXACTLY the same. Just wow. 

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
just stop ok give it up MS is done... dont try to fight for them u will loose just like MS its not the same... for the 10000 time
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CaseyWegner

It takes a special kind of lemmo to claim Sony and M$'s DRM policies are EXACTLY the same. Just wow. 

Eddie-Vedder

and there ya go.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

My Glob, freedom vs no freedom jeez is that hard 

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
So you made this thread solely to belittle people's legitimate concerns about unnecessary and restrictive policies because, er, uh, you don't mind them yourself or something?
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ninja-Hippo

Eddie-Vedder
Return when you are capable of making a rationale statement without the phrase 'you must be lemmo' in it. I'll be over here, holding my breath.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
lem.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 legalize82
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

1) All the broohaha about used games and trading and literally giving Sony a standing ovation at E3 even though their policy is identical to Microsoft's. They wont block used games, but if publishers want to they can. That is exactly what MS have said. Where is the difference? Even Sony's loltastic video of him passing the game to his friend. There's nothing stopping you doing that with the Xbone. You just have to delete it off your hard drive first because it cannot be played on two at once. When your friend returns it, he must delete it from his. The only time anyone must pay is if you install it on two machines and both want to keep it. You would have to pay to do that at retail anyway. What is the problem?

stereointegrity
sony doesnt require u to be friends for 30 days before u lend it to somone......and even this gen with things like online pass u still had to pay to borrow a game like BF3 and such......so how exactly is sony doing what microsoft is doing

and f you lend it to ure 30 day friend he will get the full ownership
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

1) All the broohaha about used games and trading and literally giving Sony a standing ovation at E3 even though their policy is identical to Microsoft's.
2) Internet check-in. What the **** is all the crying about this? For real? Is it 1999? You're using the internet to complain about all the millions who apparently have no internet. I've stayed in hostels in ****ing Honduras which had wifi. Are you serious?Ninja-Hippo

Except it isn't http://www.gamefront.com/sony-third-party-drm-refers-to-playing-used-games-online-only And you clearly have never had to deal with some of the shittier canadian ISPs. I can't trust my internet to work from hour to hour, room to room. I post from a 3G connection from my phone all the time, can't do online gaming with that.
Why aren't you crying for the legit things that make it laughably terrible, like the mandatory Kinect, TV nonsense, gigantic horrible design and absurd price tag?Ninja-Hippo
I am.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize82"]just stop ok give it up MS is done... dont try to fight for them u will loose just like MS its not the same... for the 10000 time

Done? Going by pre-orders they have not made enough units.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ninja-Hippo
So you made this thread solely to belittle people's legitimate concerns about unnecessary and restrictive policies because, er, uh, you don't mind them yourself or something? ithilgore2006
Good grief man, is there literally anybody more butthurt on the whole of the internet than you? Complete anal devastation. The other thread I said I don't get why so many people are claiming to have no internet and you respond like I'd just denied the holocaust existed. Now this thread you say you feel *belittled*. Over opinions on DRM and internet access? I'm belittling you now sure, because you're clogging up the interwebs with estrogen. Get a grip.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Ninja-Hippo

Return when you are capable of making a rationale statement without the phrase 'you must be lemmo' in it. I'll be over here, holding my breath.

RIP ninja-hippo

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
So you made this thread solely to belittle people's legitimate concerns about unnecessary and restrictive policies because, er, uh, you don't mind them yourself or something? ithilgore2006
Everyone who feels differently than the norm feels they have to make a thread about it.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
I agree. The thing Im most mad about is the forced kinect, the price(which is definitely affected by the forced kinect) and all the hoops they're making you jump through just to play games. I would have been much happier if they just said, "F*** it, no more discs".
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ninja-Hippo
Originally I was gonna make this thread just about how I don't get why those two things are being discussed so much, but then I thought wait, I'm on system wars. Better make it absolutely clear that you're not a big fan of the Xbone or else all you'll get is Sony Defense Force Stalwarts yelling 'LEM' at you. It was all in vain.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

1. It isn't the same thing, and you have to be trying pretty hard to pretend otherwise.  The PS4's policies are the same as the PS3's.  The XB1 not only puts the infrastructure in to squash all used games sales outside of a couple chosen partners, it totally eliminates selling of games yourself, no matter what publishers may want.  Or lending.  Or even giving away a game more than once, and even to do that you have to ask MS to authorize it.  

2. The problem for most gamers inst the inability to comply, but the unwillingness to be treated like a thief that needs to be watched daily.  The internet check-in exists purely to enable the policies described in #1.  People don't like those policies, so they don't like the internet check in.  And I know you've been gone awhile, but believe me, there has been toons of negative press about Kinect, TV/Sports/CoD, and the price.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]I agree. The thing Im most mad about is the forced kinect, the price(which is definitely affected by the forced kinect) and all the hoops they're making you jump through just to play games. I would have been much happier if they just said, "F*** it, no more discs".

EXACTLY! I think their original plan was always-online, no more discs, and then the negative press they got made them change it to once every 24 hours which wasn't better it's WORSE. Always online makes it seem like a connected box which *needs* a connection to work. The once every 24 hours thing seems like MS are just being obtrusive internet police. They should have stuck to their guns. It would have made 'da cloud' a more credible feature. Now that they've said you can be offline all day everyone knows the cloud is obviously limited in what it can do in real time. Poor MS. And yeah, Kinect is what rustled my jimmies the most. They want everyone to have one even though they're well aware that people cant stand even hearing about it E3 conferences.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Ninja-Hippo

Good lord, this is the dumbest thing I've read today. Where is your common sense?

What if my Internet connection is down for a long period of time that goes beyond 24 hours? What is the point of Internet check-in? Are you fvcking defending this shit?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

Cyberdot

Good lord, this is the dumbest thing I've read today. Where is your common sense?

What if my Internet connection is down for a long period of time that goes beyond 24 hours? What is the point of Internet check-in? Are you fvcking defending this shit?

Then I feel bad for you that you have an ISP in the year 2013 which would have that happen to you on a regular basis.
reynal1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 reynal1287
Member since 2009 • 378 Posts

Theres ton of customers that never connect their consoles period. Just because it doesn't affect you=it's ok. Are you Adam Orth? :P

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 legalize82

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

Cyberdot

all hardcore lemmings are soon they will feel MS knee in their ass... dont worry
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Ninja-Lem

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 santoron

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

Ninja-Hippo

Then I feel bad for you that you have an ISP in the year 2013 which would have that happen to you on a regular basis.

And if you get hurt, or laid off and have to cut non essential bills I suppose you deserve to lose the ability to play your collection too, right? I mean, what a bunch of jerks wanting to play their games...

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ninja-Hippo

1. It isn't the same thing, and you have to be trying pretty hard to pretend otherwise.  The PS4's policies are the same as the PS3's.  The XB1 not only puts the infrastructure in to squash all used games sales outside of a couple chosen partners, it totally eliminates selling of games yourself, no matter what publishers may want.  Or lending.  Or even giving away a game more than once, and even to do that you have to ask MS to authorize it.  

2. The problem for most gamers inst the inability to comply, but the unwillingness to be treated like a thief that needs to be watched daily.  The internet check-in exists purely to enable the policies described in #1.  People don't like those policies, so they don't like the internet check in.  And I know you've been gone awhile, but believe me, there has been toons of negative press about Kinect, TV/Sports/CoD, and the price.

santoron
Unless I've massively misunderstood everything, which is a certain possibility, I dont see how your point number 1 refers to what they've said their policies are. From what I read, their policies are very simply that they will not block used games and used game sales will carry on as normal. But if publishers want to stop you, they can. Sony have said the same thing. What about the Xbone completely eliminates the selling of games yourself? As far as I was aware, so long as you delete the game from your account you have relinquished ownership and can give it to whoever you want provided the publisher hasn't put a policy in place to stop you. I agree about the 24 hour thing. It seems to be more a beef of principle than pragmatics.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

People need a valiant white knight to do battle with a ruthless villain. Even when that hero has more than a few skeletons hiding in his closet at home, oddly similar in shape to the ones the bad guy keeps, dangling from his dungeon's ceiling. But they tend to ignore them in blissful ignorance.

Seriously no point in an attempt at persuasion or enlightenment, they can't see the trees for the woods. They'd really benefit from taking a step back and having a good 'ol stare.

Advantage - Neither for me.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ninja-Hippo

And if you get hurt, or laid off I suppose you deserve to lose the ability to play your collection too, right? I mean, what a bunch of jerks wanting to play their games...

santoron
Are you saying that if a person gets laid off work or injured they will fall into poverty, stop paying their internet bill, get cut off, and no longer be able to enjoy videogames? Is that the point that you're making?
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 legalize82
[QUOTE="santoron"]

Ninja-Hippo
Unless I've massively misunderstood everything, which is a certain possibility, I dont see how your point number 1 refers to what they've said their policies are. From what I read, their policies are very simply that they will not block used games and used game sales will carry on as normal. But if publishers want to stop you, they can. Sony have said the same thing. What about the Xbone completely eliminates the selling of games yourself? As far as I was aware, so long as you delete the game from your account you have relinquished ownership and can give it to whoever you want provided the publisher hasn't put a policy in place to stop you. I agree about the 24 hour thing. It seems to be more a beef of principle than pragmatics.

omfg are u kidding me ? u dont even know what u talking about did u even do a research on this crap ?
-Xeno-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33 -Xeno-
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

It's an anti-consumer piece of crap. I have no internet problems, but theres absolutely no benefit to me swallowing Microsofts draconiam DRM for the sake of lining the pockets of them and publishers. I like to feel like I own the games I buy.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 balfe1990

[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]So you made this thread solely to belittle people's legitimate concerns about unnecessary and restrictive policies because, er, uh, you don't mind them yourself or something? Ninja-Hippo
Good grief man, is there literally anybody more butthurt on the whole of the internet than you? Complete anal devastation. The other thread I said I don't get why so many people are claiming to have no internet and you respond like I'd just denied the holocaust existed. Now this thread you say you feel *belittled*. Over opinions on DRM and internet access? I'm belittling you now sure, because you're clogging up the interwebs with estrogen. Get a grip.

Bahaha.

This is why Ninja-Hippo is awesome.

Raziel831991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Raziel831991
Member since 2013 • 631 Posts

The way I understand they can lock parts of the game (Onlime Multiplayer) with online passes, however they cant fully block the game on the ps4.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="legalize82"] omfg are u kidding me ? u dont even know what u talking about did u even do a research on this crap ?

omfg are u kidding me ? u dont even know what u talking about did u even do a research???
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

CaseyWegner

lol love you casey!!!!

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 santoron

Unless I've massively misunderstood everything, which is a certain possibility, I dont see how your point number 1 refers to what they've said their policies are. From what I read, their policies are very simply that they will not block used games and used game sales will carry on as normal. But if publishers want to stop you, they can. Sony have said the same thing. What about the Xbone completely eliminates the selling of games yourself? As far as I was aware, so long as you delete the game from your account you have relinquished ownership and can give it to whoever you want provided the publisher hasn't put a policy in place to stop you. I agree about the 24 hour thing. It seems to be more a beef of principle than pragmatics.Ninja-Hippo

I think you've misunderstood.

The XB1 eliminates all lending and renting of games, or private resale. There is no way for any of those things to happen, no matter what the publishers may want.  They are forbidden.  You can give your games away, one time, by going through MS.  You may resell a game, once, to authorized dealers only, and only if the publisher authorizes.  Once a game copy has been sold or given away, it may never be transferred again, no matter what the publishers might want. It is forbidden.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
Keep the damage control coming. LOL
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 balfe1990

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

Cyberdot

Where do you live? A summit in Tibet?

If your internet goes down for longer than a day, and you're still crying, get some fresh air. Could be inconvenient in soe cases but it's not the end of the world.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

Ninja-Hippo

I have a decent connection, but what if I'm living in a rural place with terrible connection? There are millions of people on a bad connection around the world.

Quit saying "hurrr durrr this is 2013" nonsense. Be open-minded and quit that Microsoft attitude.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

ITT: M$ Shills

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] Unless I've massively misunderstood everything, which is a certain possibility, I dont see how your point number 1 refers to what they've said their policies are. From what I read, their policies are very simply that they will not block used games and used game sales will carry on as normal. But if publishers want to stop you, they can. Sony have said the same thing. What about the Xbone completely eliminates the selling of games yourself? As far as I was aware, so long as you delete the game from your account you have relinquished ownership and can give it to whoever you want provided the publisher hasn't put a policy in place to stop you. I agree about the 24 hour thing. It seems to be more a beef of principle than pragmatics.santoron

The XB1 eliminates all lending and renting of games, or private resale. There is no way for any of those things to happen, no matter what the publishers may want.  They are forbidden.  You can give your games away, one time, by going through MS.  You may resell a game, once, to authorized dealers only, and only if the publisher authorizes.  Once a game copy has been sold or given away, it may never be transferred again, no matter what the publishers might want. It is forbidden.

I believe you to be mistaken right off the bat, as they've already gone through an example of how you can lend a game to a friend and it merely involved deleting it off your hard drive before giving it to them. So it certainly does not eliminate all lending of games. Unless you mean loaning/renting like Blockbuster/Gamefly. I know that's out. I think Patcher was right (never thought I'd ever say that), when he said: "When I sell a used game today, I can't play it anymore because I don't have the disc anymore," Pachter said. "Conducting the same process online with an activation is the same thing."
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

I was under the impression that you couldn't lend friends a game, but you can give it away, the license can only be transfered once. Any Links saying otherwise?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 santoron

[QUOTE="santoron"]

And if you get hurt, or laid off I suppose you deserve to lose the ability to play your collection too, right? I mean, what a bunch of jerks wanting to play their games...

Ninja-Hippo

Are you saying that if a person gets laid off work or injured they will fall into poverty, stop paying their internet bill, get cut off, and no longer be able to enjoy videogames? Is that the point that you're making?

Basically.  I'm saying I've worked with or otherwise have known people who have in the last couple years lost employment for extended periods due to injury, as well as layoffs.  In both situations, the families decided since they had internet on their phones - and phones fell into the NEED category - they could save money cutting their internet and cable bills.  Those situations are unforeseeable, but render your entire game investment worthless.  Why risk it when there are better alternatives?

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 balfe1990

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Cyberdot

I have a decent connection, but what if I'm living in a rural place with terrible connection? There are millions of people on a bad connection around the world.

Quit saying "hurrr durrr this is 2013" nonsense. Be open-minded and quit that Microsoft attitude.

But you're not living in a rural place with terrible connection, so how does this pertain to you? How is it relevant?

Would you seriously not purchase one solely out of concern for all those "millions" of people you don't know, who couldn't use one?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ninja-Hippo

Cyberdot
Again, I hitch hiked across Central America and never once had difficulty skyping home. If your internet is sh1tty I do genuinely feel bad for you but such is life. If nobody made devices which needed the internet because they feel bad for those who don't have I'd still be playing snake on a nokia 3210.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 santoron

[QUOTE="santoron"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] Unless I've massively misunderstood everything, which is a certain possibility, I dont see how your point number 1 refers to what they've said their policies are. From what I read, their policies are very simply that they will not block used games and used game sales will carry on as normal. But if publishers want to stop you, they can. Sony have said the same thing. What about the Xbone completely eliminates the selling of games yourself? As far as I was aware, so long as you delete the game from your account you have relinquished ownership and can give it to whoever you want provided the publisher hasn't put a policy in place to stop you. I agree about the 24 hour thing. It seems to be more a beef of principle than pragmatics.Ninja-Hippo

I believe you to be mistaken right off the bat, as they've already gone through an example of how you can lend a game to a friend and it merely involved deleting it off your hard drive before giving it to them. So it certainly does not eliminate all lending of games. Unless you mean loaning/renting like Blockbuster/Gamefly. I know that's out. I think Patcher was right (never thought I'd ever say that), when he said: "When I sell a used game today, I can't play it anymore because I don't have the disc anymore," Pachter said. "Conducting the same process online with an activation is the same thing."

No, I know what I'm talking about.  I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to read up on this, because you don't understand the policies as presented.  The example you just made doesn't apply to any of the laid out scenarios MS provided.  You can play games at a friends with your account, but you don't ever need to delete from your drive, and you can't lend to them, because once trransferred a copy may never be transferred again.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

I was under the impression that you couldn't lend friends a game, but you can give it away, the license can only be transfered once. Any Links saying otherwise?

-Snooze-
No that's exactly how it is you can't lend anyone a game. You are giving it to some one and once you do it's done