PC/PS4 owners. How satisfied are you with your PS4 from 2013 to 2019 now?

• 59 results
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Pedro said:
@horgen said:

Happy with purchasing it. Gotten more out of it than I expected, and I have maybe 5 games for it.

You got more than expected and you only purchased 5 games? What was your original expectations then?

2-3 games. Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Have the Uncharted remaster collection, Detroit Become Human, Until Dawn and The Last of Us.

I got it because there were a few exclusives I didn't want to miss. Got them, anything else has been a bonus. The length of HZD has been a bonus as well. Got the DLC a while back and replayed the game. So yeah my expectations were very low.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#52 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I generally use it once-twice a year for exclusives, but i'm happy I had it this gen.

RDR2, UC4, Bloodborne, God of War and Nioh were all great (though if I'd known Nioh would come to PC later I would have waited) and made me glad I owned the system.

Horizon, Until Dawn, UC Lost Legacy and Detroit were other exclusives I played on the system that didn't grab me as much and I didn't finish them.

I've played a few multiplats on the system when I get review code for them and its usually a poor experience. For instance Darksiders 3 is probably a enjoyable 7/10 game on PC but playing it on PS4 was a nightmare, it ran so poorly it totally ruined the experience.

so... 5 worthwhile games for me, one of which I could have played on PC if I waited.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@horgen said:

2-3 games. Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Have the Uncharted remaster collection, Detroit Become Human, Until Dawn and The Last of Us.

I got it because there were a few exclusives I didn't want to miss. Got them, anything else has been a bonus. The length of HZD has been a bonus as well. Got the DLC a while back and replayed the game. So yeah my expectations were very low.

Gotcha. I played the PS4 mostly during the first couple of years. The later years not such much.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Bought my PS4 at launch and love it. I own a PS4, Xbox One and a Switch and the PS4 is the one that I use the most by far. In my PSN profile it says I own 197 digital games, but I think that includes PS3 and Vita as well. The last time I turned on my Xbox One was to play Sea of Thieves on Game Pass a long tine ago. Recently I’ve been playing Super Mario Maker 2 and Zelda on the Switch and pre-ordered Collection of Mana last night.

The only reason I’m not playing PC games right now is because my PC is as strong as a toaster.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

PS4 is my least played console this year. All my 3rd party purchases go to my X or Switch. I don't really mind though, new gen is beginning and PS5 is probably the first console I get from the next gen machines.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#56 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I didn't get a PS4 until the Summer of 2017 I was a die hard pc gamer since 2005 and completely skipped the PS3. I was happy with PC but by 2017 I needed some new titles third party wasn't cutting it PS4 exclusives won me over and I been enjoying the console. Right now I'm playing Judgment it's pretty good PC will always be my main source for gaming but if Sony can keep delivering on great SP exclusives I'll pick up a PS5 bottom line PC and PS4 is a great combo.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Not terribly worthwhile.

I enjoyed HZD, but that's about it.

Bought FFXV used, then of course the PC version was announced. Should have just held off.

Was excited for dragon quest 11, but ended up getting the PC version.

God of War - Not typically my type of game, but I will probably buy it used at some point.

Bloodborne - I do want to play this, but not so badly that I'd be willing to tolerate the awful frame pacing. I figure there will be a remaster at some point anyways.

Edit : Forgot about Persona 5. I did buy it, but put it down about 10 hours in. I will revisit at some point.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

PS4 has been alright. I bought mine back in late 2014. The only game that has kept me playing is The Last Of Us Multiplayer, very addictive. The rest of them have been hit or miss.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i love my ps4 pro experience i have it since 2017 my firsy ps4 at launch die with BLUE LIGht of dead