PCmag.com: Xbox One Is the New Standard That Future Consoles Should Imitate

#1 Edited by The-A-Baum (1009 posts) -

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365141/xbox-one-is-the-new-standard-that-future-consoles-should-imi?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

"Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 have terrific video game catalogs, but in terms of gamer-first features, services, and accessories, no console beats Microsoft's Xbox One."

"Xbox One is the most consumer-friendly console released this gen, boasting numerous killer services and features that make it an intriguing system to own this holiday season. And it sets the new features, services, and accessories standard for the next console generation."

"Now, before you angrily slide into the comments section to inform me of my console bias, allow me to make a very important statement: I do not own an Xbox One. I've played the console a lot at my friends' places, but I'm a PC gamer at heart and constantly evangelize the benefits of that highly superior platform. So, this Microsoft take—which I don't consider to be particularly hot—is a mainly objective one"

"But Microsoft doesn't have exclusive games," I imagine you saying in the whiniest internet voice that's ever whined."

Really recommend you read the whole article for the whole take. Hard to deny, and I hope the others take up the pro-consumer approach.

Oh boy this should be fun!

#2 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24712 posts) -

Pretty sure the only reason he finds Xbox One superior is because of the Play Anywhere service that allows him to play Xbox games on his PC.

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (29186 posts) -

He sounds stoopid.

#4 Posted by ProtossRushX (4706 posts) -

Why would you emulate a loser console?

#5 Posted by VFighter (4036 posts) -

PCmag pro Xbox, wow that's surprising. His reasons are almost as bad as the lem trolls we have here.

#6 Posted by Rockman999 (7294 posts) -

They said Xbox One, not One S or One X, but the OG Xbox One. LOOOOOL

#7 Posted by BassMan (9432 posts) -

Haven't read the article, but I have to agree that all future consoles should be like it because that means I won't have to buy them. LOL

Play Anywhere FTW! :)

#8 Edited by Sushiglutton (6968 posts) -
@the-a-baum said:

"But Microsoft doesn't have exclusive games," I imagine you saying in the whiniest internet voice that's ever whined."

Good of him to foresee this argument and try to strike it preemptively. Doesn't make it less true though. MS just doesn't have as interesting exclusives as Nintendo and Sony.

The features he listed are nice though. Would be good if Ps5 had some of them for sure. I don't expect play anywhere as the reason MS can do that is because they also make Windows. Not easy for Sony to launch a new operating system.

#9 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@vfighter: You cows are by far the worst, and the proofs in the cow alts lol.

#10 Posted by Shewgenja (20818 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Still beats not having games.

#11 Posted by Howmakewood (5529 posts) -
@BassMan said:

Haven't read the article, but I have to agree that all future consoles should be like it because that means I won't have to buy them. LOL

Agreed

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#12 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23384 posts) -

Microsoft propaganda

#13 Posted by Rockman999 (7294 posts) -

@Sushiglutton: They already have the Remote Play app on PC that lets users play their PS4 games on their PC's over the internet. Sony doesn't need an OS when they can just drop an app instead.

#14 Edited by Rockman999 (7294 posts) -

@i_p_daily: You're a fucking idiot if you think Cows or any other group of fanboys are worse than Sheep.

They buy shit systems then complain about third parties ignoring them.

Then when they do get third party support, the assholes don't buy them and complain because the PS/Xbox/PC versions are better. Completely oblivious to the fact that the Nintendo version is always the worst version because of the shit hardware.

These muppets twist themselves into pretzels deciding whether they like something based on Nintendo's decision.

Example: They love the fact that Nintendo went with carts for the Switch but hate the fact that developers have to charge more for Switch copies because the carts are more expensive.

I don't get these animals.

#15 Edited by BassMan (9432 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:
@the-a-baum said:

Good of him to foresee this argument and try to strike it preemptively. Doesn't make it less true though. MS just doesn't have as interesting exclusives as Nintendo and Sony.

The features he listed are nice though. Would be good if Ps5 had some of them for sure. I don't expect play anywhere as the reason MS can do that is because they also make Windows. Not easy for Sony to launch a new operating system.

Why would they need a new OS? They would only need to launch a new client like Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc... None of these companies pay any royalties to MS for having clients on Windows.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#16 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -

No PC gamer alive should be telling you to buy this thing when all the games are on PC and can be played better. MS in everyone's pockets again trying to spread their bullshit. LOL!

No one wants it, MS. You lose! Time to think about next gen.

#17 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

No PC gamer alive should be telling you to buy this thing when all the games are on PC and can be played better. MS in everyone's pockets again trying to spread their bullshit. LOL!

ROFL more false narratives by you when you say you never say them. HAHAHAHAHA! Proof that this is paid for Microsoft!

Here let me hand you this.

#18 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

ROFL more false narratives by you when you say you never say them. HAHAHAHAHA! Proof that this is paid for Microsoft!

Phil Spencer: Check's in the mail, motherfuckers!

That's why that shit's discounted AGAIN at Best Buy! SELLING PHENOMENALLY!

#19 Posted by DaVillain- (32975 posts) -

MS did the right thing for PC gamers with their "Xbox Play Anywhere" and playing MS games on my PC is such a huge win for MS. And BassMan is right, next-gen consoles should all be like this. I'm at a point buying console games is a waste of my time, I prefer to have everything on PC, it get's the fucking job done! If Nintendo & Sony were smart, they do the same thing and make even more money by porting their exclusive games on PC.

#20 Posted by The-A-Baum (1009 posts) -

It really cracks me up that even with a 2x1 sales advantage worldwide (Less in the US) You just cannot handle any positive Xbox news.

Also with news MS is not done acquiring studios got you guys shook! Sony has not innovated jack Squat in a long time, yet defend them without question. All they do is copy and take advantage of other's mistakes. FYI Sony had a camera and was going to do DRM until they saw what MS went through the day before for $499 as well!

#21 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Talk about crying holy shit! WTF in this thread are we even talking about sales. WOW! My thread was all about how you spread bullshit on this forum and once again you proved me right! Thank you!

#22 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Talk about crying holy shit! WTF in this thread are we even talking about sales. WOW! My thread was all about how you spread bullshit on this forum and once again you proved me right! Thank you!

The point is, no one should be imitating the loser, sadbrain. This is dumb ass article. A guy with no Xbox One, is telling you to buy one. Don't you think that shit is a little bit suspect? He lists Play Anywhere as a reason, completely nullifying the point. You have a PC, you can play these games and not have to buy the dumb Xabiss Box that no one likes.

#23 Posted by Willy105 (24782 posts) -

The Xbox One has been killing it in features and incentives to bring new people in. Feature-wise, they are ruling the console space, and will be in a fantastic position come next-gen.

That said, the Xbox One UI is a total trash fire.

#24 Posted by Xabiss (2092 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The point is, no one should be imitating the loser, sadbrain. This is dumb ass article. A guy with no Xbox One, is telling you to buy one. Don't you think that shit is a little bit suspect? He lists Play Anywhere as a reason, completely nullifying the point. You have a PC, you can play these games and not have to buy the dumb Xabiss Box that no one likes.

And that is his opinion. Doesn't mean he was paid off unless you have proof of such. To much misinformation out their today because someone doesn't agree with someone so they make up false narratives to prove a point. You don't have to agree which is fine, but to say he was paid off. Come on man.

#25 Posted by Archangel3371 (26431 posts) -

Agreed. Microsoft has been doing a lot of good things with the Xbox One console. I would definitely love to see Sony and Nintendo emulate many of those things on their systems.

#26 Edited by Pedro (32034 posts) -

The bombardment of positive news on the Xbox has Sony fannies in perpetual damage control. The stress is real and it shows everytime.

#27 Edited by The-A-Baum (1009 posts) -

You cows have been in the Console wars too long. Things are changing. The old ways of counting success are changing. MS gaming banked 10 Billion last year vs Sony's 12 (Or something close)

Hardware is not going to be end all be all anymore.

#28 Posted by Random_Matt (3476 posts) -

Less games is pro consumer apparently, and even still needing a sub for free to play. This guy should of engaged his brain before touching his keyboard.

#29 Edited by lundy86_4 (50923 posts) -

Ouchie for Cows lol.

They aren't wrong with their article, though they do skip over the disadvantages... MS has made the Xbox into a worthy contestant this gen, and it looks like they'll make a solid next-gen step.

#30 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8271 posts) -

@howmakewood said:
@BassMan said:

Agreed

This would be nice if Sony followed. The frustrating thing is that they probably will, but as a subscription service for their streaming platform. I would rather buy the console hardware, unless the subscription worked natively on PC and included Plus. I would go in on that.

#31 Posted by BigBadBully (2018 posts) -

If Sony copies the formula from Microsoft on BC and juicing up past games, bringing past multiplayer games back online, offering its 1p/published games to psnow, sign me up now.

Socom/Twisted Metal collection a la Master chief collection, warhawk, motorstorm along with current Sony 1p that would be awesome to boost psnow/ps+.

#32 Posted by ReCloud (4423 posts) -

So being a failure is what other consoles should be? LMAO, coming from a PC Specialized website, this doesnt surprise me. Since pc and Xbox both have no games, it makes Sense theyd praise It.

#33 Posted by MonsieurX (38369 posts) -

@recloud: 0/10 bait. You should go back

#34 Posted by Pedro (32034 posts) -

@recloud said:

So being a failure is what other consoles should be? LMAO, coming from a PC Specialized website, this doesnt surprise me. Since pc and Xbox both have no games, it makes Sense theyd praise It.

Your saltiness makes me

#35 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:

Less games is pro consumer apparently, and even still needing a sub for free to play. This guy should of engaged his brain before touching his keyboard.

Having no good games to buy is the ultimate pro-consumer move. Then they dump all the rest of the crap on Game Pass, then, VOILA! Xbox cements its place as the welfare gaming console.

#36 Edited by ronvalencia (26528 posts) -

@the-a-baum said:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365141/xbox-one-is-the-new-standard-that-future-consoles-should-imi?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

"Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 have terrific video game catalogs, but in terms of gamer-first features, services, and accessories, no console beats Microsoft's Xbox One."

"Xbox One is the most consumer-friendly console released this gen, boasting numerous killer services and features that make it an intriguing system to own this holiday season. And it sets the new features, services, and accessories standard for the next console generation."

"Now, before you angrily slide into the comments section to inform me of my console bias, allow me to make a very important statement: I do not own an Xbox One. I've played the console a lot at my friends' places, but I'm a PC gamer at heart and constantly evangelize the benefits of that highly superior platform. So, this Microsoft take—which I don't consider to be particularly hot—is a mainly objective one"

Really recommend you read the whole article for the whole take. Hard to deny, and I hope the others take up the pro-consumer approach.

Oh boy this should be fun!

Xbox One has MS exclusive games since 3rd party Xbox 360 emulator doesn't even need Xbox OS with Windows 7/8/10 PC which is different from PS3 emulators which require PS3 OS ROM copy.

#37 Posted by Pedro (32034 posts) -

LOL. The saltiness continues. Why are Sony fannies so upset with the Xbox One? You would think with the PS4 being so "awesome" you would not care about articles or any positive news of the Xbox One but NOPE! They pour in every thread with their saltiness and I love it. Lets see if this would make it to 7 pages. :P

#38 Edited by ReCloud (4423 posts) -

Pedro still crying over x1's failure lmao, move on, the system is dead.

Better luck next time. ;)

#39 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@recloud said:

Pedro still crying over x1's failure lmao

You know he fills up a whole wastebasket full of tissues every night defending Xbox One endlessly. But, it's not like he's gonna play any games or anything.

#40 Posted by Pedro (32034 posts) -

@recloud said:

Pedro still crying over x1's failure lmao, move on, the system is dead.

Better luck next time. ;)

I am crying in a thread that is about the Xbox failure? LMAO. Yet you and the person above me are in a thread in which PCMag is talking highly about the Xbox but I am the one crying?

#41 Posted by ReCloud (4423 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: does he play games? Ive never seen him talking about games. Every single post he makes is crying over the x1.

#42 Posted by ermacness (7954 posts) -

@the-a-baum:

The ONLY reason why we're seeing other avenues of profit from the MS camp is because on the "universal" end (console sales, software sales) the x1 family is getting their asses handed to them. It's to the point where MS is no longer releasing hardware sales numbers anymore. This tatic would have more weight if the x1 was either winning, or at least competitive with the competition, however how it stands now, this looks to be nothing more than damage controlling.

#43 Posted by SaltSlasher (529 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@the-a-baum:

The ONLY reason why we're seeing other avenues of profit from the MS camp is because on the "universal" end (console sales, software sales) the x1 family is getting their asses handed to them. It's to the point where MS is no longer releasing hardware sales numbers anymore. This tatic would have more weight if the x1 was either winning, or at least competitive with the competition, however how it stands now, this looks to be nothing more than damage controlling.

Yet Xbox is still insanely profitable, and not going anywhere.

PS2 "handed Xbox's ass to them" and they were brand new, and shocker, they didn't go anywhere.

So I put little to no value on "people handing Xbox their ass", cause it means absolutely nothing, didn't back then, and doesn't mean anything today.

#44 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@recloud said:

@BenjaminBanklin: does he play games? Ive never seen him talking about games. Every single post he makes is crying over the x1.

I think he's just another Xbox fraud. Like I tell him, I think I play more Xbox One games than he does. I doubt he even owns an Xbox One X.

#45 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@saltslasher said:
@ermacness said:

@the-a-baum:

Yet Xbox is still insanely profitable, and not going anywhere.

PS2 "handed Xbox's ass to them" and they were brand new, and shocker, they didn't go anywhere.

So I put little to no value on "people handing Xbox their ass", cause it means absolutely nothing, didn't back then, and doesn't mean anything today.

Don't say this because it's not documented anywhere.

#46 Posted by ermacness (7954 posts) -

@saltslasher:

And where did I say that xbox is going anywhere? All I was saying is that you can't say that "console sales are a thing of the past" because your favored brand is losing in that avenue. It comes off as nothing more than damage controlling. I know that the xbox family is here to stay, but that doesn't mean that the basis changes because MS says so. Ask yourself this: If the x1 was winning the console war, would they be doing this exact tatic?

#47 Posted by Pedro (32034 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@saltslasher:

And where did I say that xbox is going anywhere? All I was saying is that you can't say that "console sales are a thing of the past" because your favored brand is losing in that avenue. It comes off as nothing more than damage controlling. I know that the xbox family is here to stay, but that doesn't mean that the basis changes because MS says so. Ask yourself this: If the x1 was winning the console war, would they be doing this exact tatic?

If MS was winning we would have a regressive Xbox brand. Xbox One failed start was a great mishap that benefited gamers because it force the company to do what they should have done from the inception of the Xbox.

#48 Posted by xhawk27 (10884 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@the-a-baum:

Apple is no longer telling how many Iphones they sell. I guess they are damage controlling. lol

#49 Posted by Random_Matt (3476 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Random_Matt said:

Having no good games to buy is the ultimate pro-consumer move. Then they dump all the rest of the crap on Game Pass, then, VOILA! Xbox cements its place as the welfare gaming console.

Game pass is pretty pro consumer, unfortunately there is jack shit on it. It will be better next gen with all the studios they have bought out.

#50 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:
@i_p_daily said:

Still beats not having games.

I have plenty of games to play so I have no idea what you're on about, and i'm glad you agree cows are the worst :)