PC Zone Crysis Warhead Review - 92%

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M337ING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 M337ING
Member since 2008 • 299 Posts

Warhead, says PC Zone, remedies many of the issues that players had with the first game; the sometimes dodgy AI, unspectacular aliens turning up... Very high praise follows...

"With its budget price and improved multiplayer, there's more than enough here to cheer nay-sayers," says the mag,

"One of the most striking things about Warhead is the way it shakes the template Crysis snowglobe and has its constituent parts drift and settle into surprising new patterns. In Crysis encounters with enemies were heavily cordoned off from each other, in Warhead anything goes.

"Warhead honestly is the finest burst of action gaming released so far this year, and if you're canny then you'll be able to pick it up for a mere £15 from online retailers. It's a five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196747

Looks like a must-buy for me! Think Crytek could have another Shooter of the Year contender on its hands?

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
the correct way to play shooters
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Another AAAe for PC.
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
You can't play tech demo's.
gianshomai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gianshomai
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
Hope Warhead will have many good reviews. Either way its a must buy for me too.
gianshomai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gianshomai

You can't play tech demo's.vlin1108

yeah sure whatever

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts

Yes we play ''teh tech demo'' But you will never see teh tech demo on your console ;)
primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 primateface
Member since 2008 • 1095 Posts

Warhead, says PC Zone, remedies many of the issues that players had with the first game; the sometimes dodgy AI, unspectacular aliens turning up... Very high praise follows...

"With its budget price and improved multiplayer, there's more than enough here to cheer nay-sayers," says the mag,

"One of the most striking things about Warhead is the way it shakes the template Crysis snowglobe and has its constituent parts drift and settle into surprising new patterns. In Crysis encounters with enemies were heavily cordoned off from each other, in Warhead anything goes.

"Warhead honestly is the finest burst of action gaming released so far this year, and if you're canny then you'll be able to pick it up for a mere £15 from online retailers. It's a five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196747

Looks like a must-buy for me! Think Crytek could have another Shooter of the Year contender on its hands?

M337ING

lol @ this crysis expansion pack.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

LOL, wut?

gianshomai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gianshomai

lol @ this crysis expansion pack.

primateface

funny guy

primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 primateface

i was never impressed by crysis....i mean it's cool you can pick stuff up and throw it i think all fps should have this from now on standard....the character models look good.....the nano is kinda annoying though....high jumping doesnt last long or running fast or invisilbity .

but the actual level design/overall texture detail i thought was crap a few textures look good...but most are average.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Daytona_178

i was never impressed by crysis....i mean it's cool you can pick stuff up and throw it i think all fps should have this from now on standard....the character models look good.....the nano is kinda annoying though....high jumping doesnt last long or running fast or invisilbity .

but the actual level design/overall texture detail i thought was crap a few textures look good...but most are average.

primateface

Texture detail was cr*p??? OMFG that in itself proves you have no idea what you are talking about, Crysis has the highest quality textures yet!

primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 primateface
[QUOTE="primateface"]

Daytona_178

Texture detail was cr*p??? OMFG that in itself proves you have no idea what you are talking about, Crysis has the highest quality textures yet!

no actually they look crappy upclose.

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

Crysis is a game that adheres to the norm of today's shooters. High-tech suits, superpowers and aliens; a game that is ''all flash, but no substance''. You won't find any lasting appeal to this game once you cease to admire its pretty graphics, leaving the game on a cold, empty shelf once you're done with this otherwise uninteresting tech demo.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="primateface"]

primateface

if you play on low....

I play on High/Very High and I can tell you right now, they DON'T look crappy up close.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

I dident know crysis was a tech demo?

oh right!!..you just talking out of your ass..thinking you know every PC game..silly me!

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

Crysis is a game that adheres to the norm of today's shooters. High-tech suits, superpowers and aliens; a game that is ''all flash, but no substance''. You won't find any lasting appeal to this game once you cease to admire its pretty graphics, leaving the game on a cold, empty shelf once you're done with this otherwise uninteresting tech demo.

vlin1108

lol self owned. u cant play a tech demo . so how is crysis a tech demo.

and before u say its "still crappy" it got a 9.5 from gamespot & has a 90 on meatcritic

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Daytona_178
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="primateface"]

primateface

LOL, i will eat my chair if you can prove that!

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

vlin1108

that is exactly why it got a 9.5 from here(and Shooter of the Year) and a 9.4 from IGN right?

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Awesome! I loved Crysis so much, I definitely will be picking this up. :)
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

vlin1108

Really..is that why GS gave it a 9.5 and said it has awsome gameplay in its review..is that why its got awsome metacritic reviews because of graphics alone?..

your an idiot thinking crysis was JUST about graphics..almost every Console game is about graphics, people dont hype up gears 2 for gameplay..because its just more of the same..so they just hype up graphics..and i highly doubt you even played Crysis..

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

vlin1108
You're describing Halo3, not Crysis :(
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Another AAAe for PC.MojondeVACA

We tought that about Spore... look what happened.

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
its got a 9 on total pc gaming (uk). looks like its gonna be great :)
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

vlin1108

Which is why it has more game design depth than COD4 and Halo 3 combined :|

I have had it since last November and still play through singleplayer levels, and mess around in the sandbox.

While Halo 3 CE and COD4 sit 'coldy' on my shelfs crammed full of games

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]Another AAAe for PC.PC360Wii

We tought that about Spore... look what happened.

Which is why im going to rattle the chains here.

PC gamers are getting a bit air headed over scores.

Warhead will probably be AA, and I can see STALKER Clear Sky getting an A score, AA if fortunate.

Standards people, standards, keep your own expectations above those of the reviewers.

Dont overhype.

A good dose of pessimism towards even anticipated games, will stop gushing over it.

jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts

Awesome! I loved Crysis so much, I definitely will be picking this up. :)ZimpanX

same here,