PC pirates are at it again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

https://twitter.com/VOLGARR/status/392773669149085696

No wonder GTA 5 won't come to the PC, and neither will GTA 6

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Console users buy used games. Just as bad.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Do you mean they shall pay 12 bucks for this ?

They are making them a favor by playing it. Lol

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I see Davekeeh never left.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KellyKelly

@jhonMalcovich said:

Do you mean they shall pay 12 bucks for this

Typical thief logic

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clyde46

@Michael0134567 said:

He is a sad little man.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KellyKelly

@Michael0134567 said:

Where is he??

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clyde46

I'll say it again. Console users buy used games which is worse than piracy.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

@kellykelly:

Oh drop the act. It's too obvious.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@kellykelly said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Do you mean they shall pay 12 bucks for this

Typical thief logic

Get the **** off. I am not even interested in playing it. My Steam backlog is too big.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Can't hide behind the typical "its got intrusive DRM" excuse, plus its an indie game. Some ppl have no shame...

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

They were asked how they calculated the stats, and the answer was, "We have our ways!" and "We estimated stuff!"

That's a good start... never heard of the game, so it's probably one of those cases when a title flops badly, and the piracy is conveniently blamed.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It's easier to pirate on PC, which is why I think they have separated the release date of GTA V with the console version. So get everyone to buy the console version on launch, then further down the track, once you've got the majority to buy the game, release a PC version to get the final sales. If GTA V released on PC the same day as the console versions, I'd bet there would be less versions sold of the game compared to the separate release date way.

So yeah, I'm sure the PC will eventually get GTA 5, and they'll get 6 as well.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Yolo

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@clyde46 said:

This and GTA V pirated on 360 weeks before launch

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Hermits pirate games.
Lemmings rent games.
Sheeps get no games.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clyde46

@supercowelitist said:

Hermits pirate games.

Lemmings rent games.

Sheeps get no games.

Cows have movies.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46

@MonsieurX said:

@clyde46 said:

This and GTA V pirated on 360 weeks before launch

Leaked first on PSN. Thank you Sony.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

PC gamers dont like hard games. Should have made it a point and click adventure.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13624 Posts

@clyde46 said:

How is that as bad. The problem isn't with the people who buy used games, it's with the high street chain stores selling them. If for example Activision are marketing and selling CoD in Wallmart for example, at the same time, Wallmart are selling a used copy for a high price and not cutting the publisher in. That's the problem. Publishers don't care about the buying and selling trade on ebay or whatever between individuals. That's less of an issue.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I know for a fact that GTA 5 will be downloaded day 1 if it is released on the PC. I know someone who has over 200 games and he hasnt paid for any of them. He sells games like GTA for $5.

I would be annoyed if i was a developer. It kills the industry

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I know for a fact that GTA 5 will be downloaded day 1 if it is released on the PC. I know someone who has over 200 games and he hasnt paid for any of them. He sells games like GTA for $5.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clyde46

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

How is that as bad. The problem isn't with the people who buy used games, it's with the high street chain stores selling them. If for example Activision are marketing and selling CoD in Wallmart for example, at the same time, Wallmart are selling a used copy for a high price and not cutting the publisher in. That's the problem. Publishers don't care about the buying and selling trade on ebay or whatever between individuals. That's less of an issue.

Its bad because you are not paying the devs for the product. Piracy and used games are one in the same.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX

@Netret0120 said:

Used game kills the industry as well.

And GTA V got pirated 2 weeks early on the 360 :(

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MonsieurX

@kellykelly said:

They should just release their games on PSN in the future, because Hermits have once again shown their true identity.

Disgusting

Sad

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/26/sony-sorry-for-gta-v-asset-leak-rockstar-deeply-disappointed

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

Its bad because you are not paying the devs for the product. Piracy and used games are one in the same.

No they're not. That's just greed on the part of the publisher. They have to deal with a 2nd hand market like any other media. I wouldn't expect someone to buy something twice. Someones paid for an official copy and has essentially just moved the ownership rights on, they didn't duplicate it (keep a copy and move it on). That's fair game. Forcing everyone to tie a product to an account Steam style is an abuse, which is only ok because they do sh*t loads of sales.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@kellykelly: Begging for PC gamees again...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clyde46

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

No they're not. That's just greed on the part of the publisher. They have to deal with a 2nd hand market like any other media. I wouldn't expect someone to buy something twice. Someones paid for an official copy and has essentially just moved the ownership rights on. That's fair game. Forcing everyone to tie a product to an account Steam style is an abuse, which is only ok because they do sh*t loads of sales.

I seriously can't believe you are defending used games. If a game gets pirated, the devs get no money. If someone buys a used game, the devs get no money.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I seriously doubt that is true. 4% of the PC gaming audience would still be a crazy amount of sales though. (I know not everyone plays the game but if you count in such a high rate of potential piracy then piracy must be very widespread and it could be a huge chunk of the PC audience who play the game.)

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

We poor PC peasants have to wait for the release day before we can get to pirating.

You consolites... you get to pirate a few weeks before the game's on the market, not fair! :(

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KellyKelly

This dev might have to give up his dream due to Hermits

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46

4% of people bought it? How many people bought it? Why aren't releasing sales figures. I smell a rat, well two rats actually, one of them being TC.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

No they're not. That's just greed on the part of the publisher. They have to deal with a 2nd hand market like any other media. I wouldn't expect someone to buy something twice. Someones paid for an official copy and has essentially just moved the ownership rights on. That's fair game. Forcing everyone to tie a product to an account Steam style is an abuse, which is only ok because they do sh*t loads of sales.

I seriously can't believe you are defending used games. If a game gets pirated, the devs get no money. If someone buys a used game, the devs get no money.

That's tough though. I should have the right to get rid of something i've bought. They can't have 100% of the pie, that's just greedy. I understand multiplayer codes, because you're using their service. So I actually understand why they say, if you pick up a second hand copy you should pay for the online, it makes sense.

In no way is it the same as circumventing DRM and duplicating, then distrubuting someone elses work.

I pre ordered PES 2014 and don't like it, why should I not have the right to sell it on. Someone else who is into it can own my copy. I've paid the publisher, someone pays me, it makes no difference. If I keep a copy and sell on a duplicate, then that's different, because then they are losing a sale.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KellyKelly

@clyde46 said:

4% of people bought it? How many people bought it? Why aren't releasing sales figures. I smell a rat, well two rats actually, one of them being TC.

Sure because it's absolutely impossible for Hermits to be filthy pirates right?? LOL

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

Atleast with used games the game has been bought once, with piracy --> 0

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

@clyde46 said:

The guy that made the game said that if it passes 100k copies sold he'll take a picture wearing just a loincloth.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KellyKelly

@waltefmoney said:

@clyde46 said:

The guy that made the game said that if it passes 100k copies sold he'll take a picture wearing just a loincloth.

If he released this game on PSN we would have seen him in a loincloth a long time ago

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clyde46

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

That's tough though. I should have the right to get rid of something i've bought. They can't have 100% of the pie, that's just greedy. I understand multiplayer codes, because you're using their service. So I actually understand why they say, if you pick up a second hand copy you should pay for the online, it makes sense.

In no way is it the same as circumventing DRM and duplicating, then distrubuting someone elses work.

I pre ordered PES 2014 and don't like it, why should I not have the right to sell it on. Someone else who is into it can own my copy. I've paid the publisher, someone pays me, it makes no difference. If I keep a copy and sell on a duplicate, then that's different, because then they are losing a sale.

Both are bad for the industry. Its a very difficult subject as your rights differ from country to country and the high street stores that make a killing on this but the facts still stand, if you are buying a used game then you are not giving the devs money for their content. Why do you think we seeing the end of physical media, its because of the used market.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jhonMalcovich

@waltefmoney said:

@clyde46 said:

If it was a good game they would have made that already

The Stanley Parable sells over 100k copies since releasing last week

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By clyde46

@waltefmoney said:

@clyde46 said:

So no solid sales figures then. Not going to take the dev seriously. If you are complaining about piracy, bring some facts to back it up. Falling back on the old piracy argument is a common fault of a bad game. You look at games like SuperMeatBoy, Monaco and Hotline Miami. All those games are competitively priced for what you get.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think for a normal commercial indi game 10k sales is like a breaking point. If you get more than 10k sales you should consider yourself pretty darn big and an exception. In my country if you get past the 10k you can't call yourself just a group of friends who made a game anymore, and have to start paying corporate taxes.
It did get on Steam so I guess that changes a lot. I can see him targeting 100k sales but it's not something that any indi developer easily obtains unless they broke through in a one-in-a-million kind of way with a previous game.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jhonMalcovich

@kellykelly said:

They should just release their games on PSN in the future, because Hermits have once again shown their true identity.

Disgusting

Begging for PC games. Lol.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KellyKelly

I hope Rockstar sees this

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#44 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Do you mean they shall pay 12 bucks for this ?

haha, I admit i would pirated it too! Games just like that on my phone for $1...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clyde46

@kellykelly said:

*ignores the fact that Sony leaked R* biggest game yet early.

Stay classy TC.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KellyKelly

@clyde46 said:

@kellykelly said:

Stay classy TC.

R* made a ton of money thx to consoles, but this dev? He just has to take the 4% for granted

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#47 SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

wis3boi:"PC: The platform so superior in every way, the only way to attack it is to lie."

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46

@kellykelly said:

@clyde46 said:

@kellykelly said:

Stay classy TC.

R* made a ton of money thx to consoles, but this dev? He just has to take the 4% for granted

And? He needs to learn not to overprice his game. Look at how many studios have been closed because they can't make a good game.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@clyde46 said:

It is not, used games is never a problem, just make good games people never want trade away, Shigeru Miyamoto himself said so :P

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KellyKelly

@clyde46 said:

@kellykelly said:

@clyde46 said:

@kellykelly said:

Stay classy TC.

And? He needs to learn not to overprice his game. Look at how many studios have been closed because they can't make a good game.

The only thing he needs to learn is to put his games on PSN not the PC