Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@pc_rocks: Why would pc gamers hate Ubisoft?

They ruined Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, made terrible ports for years, arguably the worst in existence - RE4, was the first Publisher to price hike Steam games from £39.99 to £49.99, was the first to use always online DRM, was one of the first to normalize microtransactions, they ruined Might And Magic, They went with an Epic exclusive deal because they know people hate it and would uplay giving them larger profits, they use fake footage at E3, they make cookie cutter open-world games, they were one of the first to push for "games as a service", they ban people who created missions to avoid their microtransaction in a fully prices game. They ruined Prince Of Persia. They make casual, copy-paste games. They stopped making Rayman games. They were one of the first to use season passes. They censor games to please Asia. They remove games from Steam for half arsed remasters.

Meanwhile PC games like Underrail and Shadow Tactics barely get a blip thanks to users playing the next "oh boy nice graphics for mah card", Assassins pig feed.

Ubisoft would sell our fuckiing kidneys if they could get away with it. Support assholes, get an industry of assholes.

let the hate flow through you

The only problem I have is the hate is not strong enough or else that wouldn't happen.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 PC_Rocks

@NoodleFighter said:

@vaeh: Ubisoft stated about a year and a half ago that they expect a lot of growth from China in their "PC Opportunity" and its coming true. Assassin's Creed Origins sold the most copies in China on Steam.

Ouch, that hurt! From the horse's mouth, 300M Mid-Core PC gamers and people like to dispute Steam figures of active accounts. The funny thing is they specifically said Mid-Core, means there are multitudes of more low end PC players. The enthusiast/mid-range market far outnumbers all of consoles.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

And now they screw them over with their shop exclusivity and elevated pricing. (And at least up until recently, bad DRM like with Anno 2070 locking legit customers out of the game they paid for: a classic Ubisoft solution.)

I feel the same way about Ubi as I do about Epic. I've seen enough of that attitude in the past 30 years to know I don't really want to support it as a customer.

I'm not against them, I'm just not impressed. They'll probably wise up one day and then I'll happily support them. Good for them that they are doing fine despite not being great storefronts. Can you imagine what it would be like if they were?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@pc_rocks: And that 300M player statement is likely for PC gamers outside of China as China itself has over 300M PC gamers so that means the number of PC gamers can likely be at least 600 million.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@NoodleFighter said:

@vaeh: Ubisoft stated about a year and a half ago that they expect a lot of growth from China in their "PC Opportunity" and its coming true. Assassin's Creed Origins sold the most copies in China on Steam.

Ouch, that hurt! From the horse's mouth, 300M Mid-Core PC gamers and people like to dispute Steam figures of active accounts. The funny thing is they specifically said Mid-Core, means there are multitudes of more low end PC players. The enthusiast/mid-range market far outnumbers all of consoles.

@NoodleFighter said:

@pc_rocks: And that 300M player statement is likely for PC gamers outside of China as China itself has over 300M PC gamers so that means the number of PC gamers can likely be at least 600 million.

Note that figure for mobile gamers, too. China has an exploding gamer market, but consoles are not seeing nearly the benefit that mobile and PC are.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NoodleFighter

@baelnergal: Consoles are only like 1% of China's game market. So yeah they're not getting nearly as much benefits as PC and mobile are. There was a fear that mobile would eventually kick PC out too in Asia but it is doing fine along side it. One of the main causes of the fear was how Asia's equivalent of E3 such as GSTAR and ChinaJoy were becoming mobile dominated just like the Tokyo Game Show pushing consoles aside for mobile but now a lot of upcoming games are not just only for mobile but for PC too and mobile devs are making PC games as well.

I can't seem to find the source but I read a survey that showed that about 40% of mobile gamers in China also played on PC. A lot of people also emulate mobile games on their PC so PC has a much better time coexisting with mobile than consoles do. Japan is the only Asian country with a large console market. All the others are PC and mobile and if they do game on consoles its consoles from previous generations as they're cheaper and most likely hacked so people can play pirated games owning a current gen console is considered a luxury for the very rich.

victordamazio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 victordamazio
Member since 2018 • 16 Posts

I get that being the top costumer for Ubisoft is not something to be proud of.

However, this means that PC Gaming is far from dead and irrelevant as people said, it's a matter of time for more companies to have PC Gaming as their most profitable market.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts
@pc_rocks said:
@Macutchi said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@pc_rocks: Why would pc gamers hate Ubisoft?

They ruined Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, made terrible ports for years, arguably the worst in existence - RE4, was the first Publisher to price hike Steam games from £39.99 to £49.99, was the first to use always online DRM, was one of the first to normalize microtransactions, they ruined Might And Magic, They went with an Epic exclusive deal because they know people hate it and would uplay giving them larger profits, they use fake footage at E3, they make cookie cutter open-world games, they were one of the first to push for "games as a service", they ban people who created missions to avoid their microtransaction in a fully prices game. They ruined Prince Of Persia. They make casual, copy-paste games. They stopped making Rayman games. They were one of the first to use season passes. They censor games to please Asia. They remove games from Steam for half arsed remasters.

Meanwhile PC games like Underrail and Shadow Tactics barely get a blip thanks to users playing the next "oh boy nice graphics for mah card", Assassins pig feed.

Ubisoft would sell our fuckiing kidneys if they could get away with it. Support assholes, get an industry of assholes.

The only problem I have is the hate is not strong enough or else that wouldn't happen.

yeah. i always worry my loathing for them is disproportional so it makes me feel better when i hear others feel similar

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@baelnergal: Consoles are only like 1% of China's game market. So yeah they're not getting nearly as much benefits as PC and mobile are. There was a fear that mobile would eventually kick PC out too in Asia but it is doing fine along side it. One of the main causes of the fear was how Asia's equivalent of E3 such as GSTAR and ChinaJoy were becoming mobile dominated just like the Tokyo Game Show pushing consoles aside for mobile but now a lot of upcoming games are not just only for mobile but for PC too and mobile devs are making PC games as well.

I can't seem to find the source but I read a survey that showed that about 40% of mobile gamers in China also played on PC. A lot of people also emulate mobile games on their PC so PC has a much better time coexisting with mobile than consoles do. Japan is the only Asian country with a large console market. All the others are PC and mobile and if they do game on consoles its consoles from previous generations as they're cheaper and most likely hacked so people can play pirated games owning a current gen console is considered a luxury for the very rich.

Well, figures I found showed that mobile gamers make up 90% of the gamer market while PC makes up over 50% in the U.S. There's definitely some overlap between mobile and other systems, and I bet it's in every market we look at. I'm willing to bet that the reasons are about the same too.

@victordamazio said:

I get that being the top costumer for Ubisoft is not something to be proud of.

However, this means that PC Gaming is far from dead and irrelevant as people said, it's a matter of time for more companies to have PC Gaming as their most profitable market.

I would kinda rather PC be dead than winning this contest.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PC_Rocks

@baelnergal said:
@pc_rocks said:
@NoodleFighter said:

@NoodleFighter said:

Note that figure for mobile gamers, too. China has an exploding gamer market, but consoles are not seeing nearly the benefit that mobile and PC are.

Even funnier is all those figures are from 2017 I believe, so currently there are more PC gamers than those old a$$ reported numbers.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@r-gamer said:

Wtf does Math have to do it? The point is you scrubs are celebrating one quater yet the PS4 won last year.

Doing this well in a more console oriented market/company is very good and shows why PC continues to get the most amount of multiplats/games than any other system.

That's all. Even if it drops to 2nd place, it's still sitting in a great place.

No reason to spin this is a negative.

@r-gamer said:

Now go get back to your 110th builder sim clone.

PC's 100-200+ high scoring game lead (depending against which system) at both MC/GS consists of more genres than consoles. They are also the most played and popular, and with the most retention and life.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 NoodleFighter

@pc_rocks: Yeah I made a thread two months ago that states the amount of Chinese PC gamers in 2018 was 312.4M.

@baelnergal said:

Well, figures I found showed that mobile gamers make up 90% of the gamer market while PC makes up over 50% in the U.S. There's definitely some overlap between mobile and other systems, and I bet it's in every market we look at. I'm willing to bet that the reasons are about the same too.

I just remembered that Tencent has recently released an app that allows people to stream PC games to their phones so now there is going to be an even bigger overlap.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@zaryia: Cool story bro. Fact is just about every major publisher makes more money on the PS4. Pretty amazing since it has 1/10th the install base.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: Cool story bro. Fact is just about every major publisher makes more money on the PS4. Pretty amazing since it has 1/10th the install base.

And PC makes more for all publishers combined, because it has way more gamers and games and players play it more. I guess being a better system does that.

Point is, doing 1st place and sometimes 2nd place in a mostly console oriented Publisher shows why PC is given the most games. This is like PS4 almost/somtimes beating PC in publishers such as Tencent.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 R-Gamer

@zaryia: That statement doesn't make any sense. The only publishers making more money on PC generally don't release their games on consoles. If they did they may find they make more money on PS4 like everyone else.

The PC also isn't a system it's a platform. What's better is completley subjective

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

If they did they may find they make more money on PS4 like everyone else.

Hypothetical. Those huge MMO/MOBA publishers probably disagree with you.

PC makes considerably more yearly revenue than PS4. I'm glad it can beat individual consoles in console oriented markets. Does PS4 beat or almost PC for a PC oriented publisher like Tencent?

Kind of hard when you have a fraction of the games, devs, and gamers I suppose.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: But it doesn't beat consoles in console oriented markets. Consoles dominate NA and most major publishers makes more money on PS4 then PC.

Companies like Tencent and Riot who haven't even tried consoles make up a large portion of PC revenue. But Tencent is about to invest heavily into console gaming as well.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

PC is the real home of Ubisoft. Console peasants have no idea how huge PC gaming in Europe.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: But it doesn't beat consoles in console oriented markets.

It does beat XB1 and Nintendo in certain console oriented markets. It sometimes beats PS4, as the OP shows.

My point is, the fact that it even comes in 1st or 2nd at times for more console oriented publishers is amazing. No wonder it gets the most games. No console can spout the same claim in any PC oriented publisher. Which DO exist, Consoles just don't do as well with these companies since they play pretty specific genres. Meanwhile PC gamers play everything, and as a result PC get the most games by the most devs and by the most publishers. This is reflected in not just sales, but metacritic/gs scores counts. It literally gets so many more games per year.

PC is globally almost as much revenue as all 6 consoles (including last gen) and all handhelds combined.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By NoodleFighter
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: That statement doesn't make any sense. The only publishers making more money on PC generally don't release their games on consoles. If they did they may find they make more money on PS4 like everyone else.

The PC also isn't a system it's a platform. What's better is completley subjective

That's assuming console gamers even like the types of games they publish. You gonna tell me that a publisher like Paradox will make more money on PS4 than PC when nearly everything they publish is a strategy game which has already been proven to perform horribly on consoles which is why even when some come to consoles most of them come after the PC versions release and not simultaneously. The difference between PC gamers and console gamers is that PC gamers will play games of PC centric origin and console centric origin while console gamers will stick with just console centric games. You already see Japanese publishers like SEGA trying to get all their Japanese console games on PC but not trying at all to get games like Total War and Two Point Hospital onto consoles.

I've seen console gamers countless times talk about how they hate RTS, MMOs, CRPGs, simulators and pretty much any game that has a top down/isometric view and is not hack n slash or shooting. Even though there are MOBAs on consoles non of them are huge hits on the platform.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Zaryia
@NoodleFighter said:
@r-gamer said:

That's assuming console gamers even like the types of games they publish. You gonna tell me that a publisher like Paradox will make more money on PS4 than PC when nearly everything they publish is a strategy game which has already been proven to perform horribly on consoles which is why even when some come to consoles most of them come after the PC versions release and not simultaneously. The difference between PC gamers and console gamers is that PC gamers will play games of PC centric origin and console centric origin while console gamers will stick with just console centric games. You already see Japanese publishers like SEGA trying to get all their Japanese console games on PC but not trying at all to get games like Total War and Two Point Hospital onto consoles.

I've seen console gamers countless times talk about how they hate RTS, MMOs, CRPGs, simulators and pretty much any game that has a top down/isometric view and is not hack n slash or shooting. Even though there are MOBAs on consoles non of them are huge hits on the platform.

Yup, if the mmo/moba/tbs/rts/sim market was there to be exploited on consoles and completely blow up it would have been seized upon years ago. Especially in the state of this industry.

The thing is, it isn't there. So it didn't explode, and wasn't exploited. Unlike PC, which does well enough in both those sectors and more "mainstream" places like Activision, Ubisoft, etc.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 R-Gamer

@NoodleFighter: I'm primarily a console gamer but I still enjoy RTS. Most RTS are unplayable on controller's. If they made them for controllers maybe console gamers would give them a chance.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I am not too surprised FarCry 5 and The Division are games I played the most out of all the Multi-platform games released this generation.

YouTube and Twitch have pretty much given birth to a new generation of gamer's who primarily play on PC and no to mention that China is booming for PC gaming.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NoodleFighter

@r-gamer said:

@NoodleFighter: I'm primarily a console gamer but I still enjoy RTS. Most RTS are unplayable on controller's. If they made them for controllers maybe console gamers would give them a chance.

You're part of the extreme minority that play RTS on consoles. If they made RTS playable for controllers they'd have to build the entire game around its limitations and that alone makes the genre a lot less appealing than it would be on a PC. Even if you put in mouse and keyboard support most still won't play it except for the few PC gamers that for some reason wanna play an RTS on their console. Console gamers just don't like strategy games as much as PC gamers. XCOM 2 was a PC first launch even though the first was a simultaneous release because PC gamers bought it the most, Blizzard has ported Diablo 3 to both current gen and last gen consoles but Starcraft 2 still stays PC exclusive and the JRPG genre which was the most prevalent strategy game genre on consoles has went from being turn based strategy to being full on hack n slash action combat.

Just like Zaryia said if there was a big market for these games on consoles it'd be here by now especially since x86 architecture of this current generation of consoles has it made so much easier to port PC games over but instead of getting all of PCs strategy games and being the lead platforms all consoles have is a small handful of PC strategy games most of them from small studios and indies desperate for sales of any kind and a few big and medium tier mostly with releases that come at least 6 months to a year later after their PC launches.

Better yet why wait on 3rd parties? Why doesn't Sony fund a big budget RTS game exclusively for PS4 since they're all about taking "risk"? Microsoft has tried with the Halo Wars series and that barely does well and would do a lot worse if not for its connection to Halo and Halo Wars 2 having a PC version makes it less risky. Microsoft is even making a Gears Of War XCOM style turn based strategy game only for PC. What's stopping any of them from approaching Tencent and Riot Games and offering money and partnership in exchange for ports of their games onto their systems? Nintendo approached them and got Arena Of Valor their mobile MOBA onto the Switch but weren't able to get League Of Legends which is much more well known world wide than Arena Of Valor so that way it be appealing to not only people in China but everyone around the world.

mumunaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 mumunaro
Member since 2015 • 162 Posts

Its less about more PC gamers buying UBI but that more people are buying GamingPCs including huge number of Console converts.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts
Loading Video...

Ubisoft can't escape from reality. Consoles are in serious trouble.

Edit: Oops wrong thread lol. PC brought me here.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

@BassMan:

Well PC may have all of those things, but to some, the entry level is rather "attractive" for console. But hey man, preferences......

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

I must say the games are absolutely amazing looking on PC, specially AC origins, the content and atmosphere the enviroments never saw such high quality all throughout the a single game in a openworld.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#130 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

2018 and 2019, at least for me, was/is definitely the Year of Ubisoft for me. I think I bought most of their titles and the only one I regret was the stupid Far Cry one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#131 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@xhawk27 said:

What are you PC gamers going to say about the next gen Consoles since they will be doing 60fps in every game.

not confirmed yet.

Next-gen consoles are already outdated by PC hardware and standards, so good luck with that.

The sooner console gamers play to their [very very few] strengths and stop trying to compete with PC, the happier we'll all be. I get tired of listening to this crap.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Old thread.