R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46268 Posts

@pc_rocks: Why would pc gamers hate Ubisoft?

In fact PC is the sole platform that Ubisoft creates exclusive games for. Everything else they create is multiplat.

Is there another big AAA publisher that makes PC exclusives? Activision? EA? I bet you they don't.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: It was not too long ago that Ubisoft would call us filthy pirates and pump their games with always online DRM on top of the games coming out 6 months to a year later than their console versions and being crap ports on top of it. Yeah they made PC exclusives but that doesn't excuse the open disdain they had for PC gamers and their crappy ports of multiplatform titles. I remember the creative director for the game I Am Alive said that 95% of PC gamers are pirates and that even though it would only take about 12 people to port the game over to PC it would not be worth it to them because of supposed piracy. Of course they got their karma as the game turned out to be garbage, flopped and was forgotten before it was even a year old.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

They ruined Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, made terrible ports for years, arguably the worst in existence - RE4, was the first Publisher to price hike Steam games from £39.99 to £49.99, was the first to use always online DRM, was one of the first to normalize microtransactions, they ruined Might And Magic, They went with an Epic exclusive deal because they know people hate it and would uplay giving them larger profits, they use fake footage at E3, they make cookie cutter open-world games, they were one of the first to push for "games as a service", they ban people who created missions to avoid their microtransaction in a fully prices game. They ruined Prince Of Persia. They make casual, copy-paste games. They stopped making Rayman games. They were one of the first to use season passes. They censor games to please Asia. They remove games from Steam for half arsed remasters.

Meanwhile PC games like Underrail and Shadow Tactics barely get a blip thanks to users playing the next "oh boy nice graphics for mah card", Assassins pig feed.

Ubisoft would sell our fuckiing kidneys if they could get away with it. Support assholes, get an industry of assholes.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@R4gn4r0k: It was not too long ago that Ubisoft would call us filthy pirates and pump their games with always online DRM on top of the games coming out 6 months to a year later than their console versions and being crap ports on top of it. Yeah they made PC exclusives but that doesn't excuse the open disdain they had for PC gamers and their crappy ports of multiplatform titles. I remember the creative director for the game I Am Alive said that 95% of PC gamers are pirates and that even though it would only take about 12 people to port the game over to PC it would not be worth it to them because of supposed piracy. Of course they got their karma as the game turned out to be garbage, flopped and was forgotten before it was even a year old.

While this is totally true what Ubi said to us PC gamers, but however, PC ports of Ubi games have been getting better. They always have options that make their PC version look better than the console versions and usually run quite well. Plus, and that's more of a personal thing, Ubi is one of the biggest supporters in various countries like Portuguese, Brazilian, and China. Ubi isn't amazing, don't get me wrong. But they are way better than most AAA companies in many ways. (Then again, that just goes to show how crappy AAA companies are)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@davillain- said:
@NoodleFighter said:

While this is totally true what Ubi said to us PC gamers, but however, PC ports of Ubi games have been getting better. They always have options that make their PC version look better than the console versions and usually run quite well. Plus, and that's more of a personal thing, Ubi is one of the biggest supporters in various countries like Portuguese, Brazilian, and China. Ubi isn't amazing, don't get me wrong. But they are way better than most AAA companies in many ways. (Then again, that just goes to show how crappy AAA companies are)

Ubi has actually come back in a way that's decent. They were definitely stirring the pot of shit for a while. At any rate, all of that isn't entirely relevant to the context of this whole thing. Whether Ubisoft makes crappy games, or makes crappy decisions is just a drop in the bucket.

The real noteworthy fact here is that PC gaming is now a boon to them, and they've released charts to prove it, so this will tell other devs/publishers that the PC is a high earning market, thus putting more resources into PC gaming. Regardless of whether Ubisoft puts out good games in anyone's eyes, this is only good news for PC gamers.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 R4gn4r0k
@davillain- said:

Yeah, my point wasn't to claim that Ubisoft is amazing or anything.

But compared to the other AAA companies they do seem a bit better to PC gamers.

Ubisoft makes Anno and Settlers, two franchises catered to PC gaming. Where are Activision and EA's exclusive games for PC?

I still really enjoy Ubisoft's AC series as well :-)

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NoodleFighter

@davillain-: @DragonfireXZ95: Ubisoft have gotten better but @uninspiredcup: went more in depth on reasons to still hate Ubisoft such as their E3 footage being false marketing, ruining Might and Magic, putting exploitative micro transactions in fully priced games even singleplayer ones and going Epic Store exclusive just to get PC gamers to buy directly from them.

Oh yeah I forgot that they ruined the Trackmania 2 games with their new Mania Planet and broke a game that didn't need to be fixed. Splitscreen feature got removed, online is broken, excessive updates and many custom maps are gone even those saved to peoples PCs. Despite all the complaints they have yet to do anything about it and it has been going on for more than a year.

While they are supporting other countries such as China they're doing it the wrong way as with Rainbow Six Siege they tried to put all the censorship in the Chinese version into all others instead of just letting the Chinese version be its own thing. That is the bad way. Not even Chinese PC gamers want that kind of pandering because they don't want games censored to their government's standards and at least want another version they can escape to if they don't like their censored version.

Ubisoft proving that PC is a highly profitable market for AAA companies is still a good thing but they need to work on their practices.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@XVision84 said:

@boxrekt: Don't be jealous Boxy, inferior graphics at 30fps is still playable. There's no shame in that!

Hey ? I own a gaming PC. So get off your soap box.

I asked a simple question and no one answered it.

I guess the user base and attach rate arguments is dead then? I'm just trying to establish where the goal post has been moved.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@NoodleFighter: I agree they have made some poor decisions, especially in the past. The fact that they have put out a few decent games, like Odyssey recently, was a big surprise for me.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Cup and Noodle sums it up. They aren't better, they are the same creed of Activision and EA i.e. sh*t.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@xhawk27 said:

What are you PC gamers going to say about the next gen Consoles since they will be doing 60fps in every game.

I'd say they're fucking awesome if that's the case.

I doubt it tho.

We shall see.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@pc_rocks: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/15/1825430/0/en/UBISOFT-ENTERTAINMENT-Ubisoft-reports-full-year-2018-19-earnings-figures.html

It won one quarter. The PS4 still beat it by 9% in the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Think about that. An open platform with 10x the user base is losing to a console.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks

@r-gamer:

Already outlined all the reasons above but it didn't win a single quarter compared to all year as the quarter it won belongs to a separate fiscal year which is precisely this thread is about. Good to know cows still fail at elementary math and don't know how to read their very own sources.

Think about it a company that specifically targets consoles and console experiences, ruined all its PC franchises during 'PC gaming is dying' era has their biggest earnings from a platform with 100x the library of games/competition compared to consoles. Keep crying.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@boxrekt said:

BTW I always hear PC's user base supposed to be like 3x larger than that of Playstation 4's, yet PC only managed 3% higher than PS4 here?

Guess the highly used user base argument get's swept under the rug when it's not an attempt to damage control PS4 sales.

This is really poor damage control. PC won in sales for a generally more console oriented market, which is pretty damn good. You're spin is terrible.

And yes, PC does have an extremely larger user base than PS4. But they also have an incredibly higher number of games to choose from, so it's more diluted. I"m not sure they're really into the same games as consoles gamers as well.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By R-Gamer

@pc_rocks: Lol it looks like hermits can't read charts!

It gives Q4 results and all 12 months. It doesn't break down each quater separately by platform. What we do know is for the entire fiscal year the PS4 beat the PC by 9% with about a quarter of the install base. Stay mad bro!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@pc_rocks: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/15/1825430/0/en/UBISOFT-ENTERTAINMENT-Ubisoft-reports-full-year-2018-19-earnings-figures.html

It won one quarter. The PS4 still beat it by 9% in the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Think about that. An open platform with 10x the user base is losing to a console.

Because PC's revenue is split in other areas, many more games, and genres. Ubisoft games aren't exactly PC's biggest draw. The fact they are even able to win one quarter for UBI shows why so many developers are willing to put their games on PC compared to any other system (PC gets the most AAA/AA titles).

But as a whole, PC decimates PS4's gaming software revenue. Here are the total results for an open platform with "10x" the user base:

Mind you the console space includes handhelds and prior gen systems that still sell games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k
@pc_rocks said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Cup and Noodle sums it up. They aren't better, they are the same creed of Activision and EA i.e. sh*t.

I'm not denying how Ubisoft messed up a lot in the past, and still continues to mess up. Heck, Watch Dogs e3 video is still something I remember vividly.

Still, I see no reason why or how most PC gamers would hate them. Or why it would be a bad thing to buy their games :)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PC_Rocks

@r-gamer said:

@pc_rocks: Lol it looks like hermits can't read charts!

It gives Q4 results and all 12 months. It doesn't break down each quater separately by platform. What we do know is for the entire fiscal year the PS4 beat the PC by 9% with about a quarter of the install base. Stay mad bro!

Quite ironic because you are the one who can't. Read the OP again:

Q1 2019-20. It's in the source it self compared to Q1 2018-19 which you claimed in your post. Different fiscal years. As I said, good to know cows still fail at elementary math that's why all they get from Sony is 'Press X to win games'.

Stay mad, quad as you can't use your typical gifs and insult. Speaking of that bye because that's all the time I can waste on an alt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

@boxrekt: Don't be jealous Boxy, inferior graphics at 30fps is still playable. There's no shame in that!

I guess the user base and attach rate arguments is dead then? I'm just trying to establish where the goal post has been moved.

1) Prove it.

2) I guarantee you the userbase of PC is much higher than consoles.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@XVision84 said:
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

1) Prove it.

Yeah, but what about the attach rate?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts
@xhawk27 said:

What are you PC gamers going to say about the next gen Consoles since they will be doing 60fps in every game.

PC gamer here, and that would be fantastic. But I highly doubt that will happen. However, if they do start running games with acceptable framrates, we'd only have paid online, bad interfaces and lack of control options and other options to complain about. Compared to how the consoles are now, that would be great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
@calvincfb said:
@XVision84 said:
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

1) Prove it.

If you account for every windows, steam, epic, gog, etc. game then very high.

Heck, every old PC used to come with minesweeper and chess.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Calvincfb

@drlostrib said:
@calvincfb said:

PC gamers sure enjoy MTX filled games. This is totally expected, since the most popular games on steam are all filled with mtx, ubisoft games are in line with what PC gamers like.

so playstation gamers are the same?

No. Playstation and Switch gamers do not pay as much for MTX as PC gamers, we rather full non compromised experiences, hell, which first party ps4/switch game is filled with MTX? PC gamers and mobile gamers are objectly those that spend more money on MTX, in fact, those two are very much alike, since they love browser and f2p mtx filled games. Most popular games on both PC and Mobile are f2p mtx filled games.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Calvincfb

@XVision84 said:
@calvincfb said:
@XVision84 said:
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

1) Prove it.

I think you don't know what attach rate stands for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
@calvincfb said:
@XVision84 said:
@calvincfb said:
@XVision84 said:
@boxrekt said:

1) Prove it.

"An attach rate — which is also called an attach ratio — measures how many add-on products your business sells with each major product"

People have been using their PC's for gaming for a very long time (longer than consoles have been around). Attach rate is a general term that encompasses any additional products sold with the primary product. Considering PC is an open platform, it runs circles around consoles in the amount of products available and consumers of those products.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lol, herms play Ubisoft games!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@NoodleFighter: I agree they have made some poor decisions, especially in the past. The fact that they have put out a few decent games, like Odyssey recently, was a big surprise for me.

One thing I should have mention about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Ubi is under fire for banning users for farming XP on single player only. That's low coming from Ubi and they want users to pay RL money and not letting users farm XP. Since when do companies banned users on anything single player? If it were MP, it'll be different.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By R-Gamer

@pc_rocks: lol now I'm quad? Lol I'm a new poster every week here apparently.

Wtf does Math have to do it? The point is you scrubs are celebrating one quater yet the PS4 won last year. And I'm sure it will win this year. Your reading comprehension sucks as bad as your ability to read a chart. Celebrate that one quarter because I'm sure the PS4 will win this year just like it does every year for Ubisoft and any other company. Now go get back to your 110th builder sim clone.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 R-Gamer

@zaryia: That's pretty irrelevant. Fact is the PS4 is the leading revenue platform for most 3rd party publishers. The PC having more total revenue isn't much of a surprise since consoles are virtually non existent in China.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Calvincfb

@XVision84 said:
@calvincfb said:
@XVision84 said:
@calvincfb said:
@XVision84 said:

1) Prove it.

"An attach rate — which is also called an attach ratio — measures how many add-on products your business sells with each major product"

People have been using their PC's for gaming for a very long time (longer than consoles have been around). Attach rate is a general term that encompasses any additional products sold with the primary product. Considering PC is an open platform, it runs circles around consoles in the amount of products available and consumers of those products.

That doesn't mean the attach rate from every single game is higher on PC. lol

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

BTW I always hear PC's user base supposed to be like 3x larger than that of Playstation 4's, yet PC only managed 3% higher than PS4 here?

Guess the highly used user base argument get's swept under the rug when it's not an attempt to damage control PS4 sales.

This is really poor damage control. PC won in sales for a generally more console oriented market, which is pretty damn good. You're spin is terrible.

And yes, PC does have an extremely larger user base than PS4. But they also have an incredibly higher number of games to choose from, so it's more diluted. I"m not sure they're really into the same games as consoles gamers as well.

So that's the excuse?

Ok that argument would work if Sony's library of games was similar to Nintendo's but it's not.

PS4 has a huge library of AAA, AA, and indie level games, in fact PS4 has more high profile AAA caliber titles then PC. PC simply has more low level indies.

So going by user base/ratio argument (not mine) those PC sales # compared to PS4 are quite mediocre.

Having a large library of games to choose from was never accepted as an reason to dismiss this argument before, so it won't accepted as an excuse now.

@XVision84 said:
@calvincfb said:

That's not how it works with video games.

Attach rate

in the gaming industry, though it is common in many technology-related marketing discussions. For instance, in an example related to computer or game console software, a situation may occur wherein:[citation needed]

• Platform hardware type A has sold 1,000 units, and software publishers have subsequently sold 5,000 titles specific to Platform A, and
  • Platform B has sold 10,000 hardware units, and software publishers have subsequently sold 10,000 titles specific to Platform B.

In this example, Platform A has a much higher attach rate (5 titles sold per hardware unit sold, or 5:1), versus Platform B (1 title sold per hardware unit sold, or 1:1) Hence, while in absolute terms, Platform B is outselling Platform A (by a factor of 10:1), the much higher attach rate of Platform A (5:1, vs. 1:1) has business implications. In particular, software publishers may view Platform A as the more attractive, depending on the rate of sales of each platform, because that platform only needs to sell an additional 1,000 units for their title sales to match the sales related to Platform B.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attach_rate

This example reveals how PS4 has a higher attach rate for Ubisoft games than PC because of PC's vastly higher user base number but less games bought per customer.

Overall their games did sell slightly more on PC, but at a far lower attach rate than PS4 with a smaller user base.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zaryia
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

So that's the excuse?

Yes.

PC has over 100 more high scoring games than PS4 at Metacritic and Gamespot this generation. Furthermore, unlike PS4, PC's last gen games flourish as well. There are simply far more games to choose from. On top of this Ubisoft's aren't exactly the biggest draws of PC gaming, so the fact it hit their top sales is actually quite incredible.

The global software revenue statistics also help prove my claim,

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Calvincfb

Attach rate matters until it doesn't. Gotta love that narrative spin.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zaryia
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

PC outsold PS4 in Ubisoft's Q1 2019/20 Financials

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/pc_outsold_ps4_in_ubisoft_s_q1_2019_20_financials/1

Gonna make a point to show no one has refuted the OP yet.

Deflecting to attach rate is spin.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: PC won a quater last year for Ubisoft as well yet the PS4 still took the year. I can't believe your celebrating 3 months lmao!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: PC one a quater (????) last year for Ubisoft as well yet the PS4 still took the year. I can't believe your celebrating 3 months lmao!

I'm not celebrating it. I'm saying his facts weren't refuted. PC was the highest seller for that quarter.

To say this is in any way shape or form bad for PC is complete spin.

And yes if this means PC will continue to get support from these companies that is always a good thing.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: There is nothing to refute. It won ONE quarter as it has in the past. The fact is the PS4 consistently wins the year for most third party publishers. I don't think anyone is arguing it's bad for PC but there is this Stigma that PC gamers have higher standards ( as in they wouldn't want to buy Ubisoft games). And it seems likely they don't mind buying those supposed crappy Ubisoft games.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By NoodleFighter
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:
@zaryia said:
@boxrekt said:

So that's the excuse?

Yes.

PC has over 100 more high scoring games than PS4 at Metacritic and Gamespot this generation. Furthermore, unlike PS4, PC's last gen games flourish as well. There are simply far more games to choose from.

The global software revenue statistics also help prove my claim,

That being said, being the top Ubisoft sales is still impressive for PC as it's so diluted and Ubisoft games aren't exactly the biggest draws of PC gaming.

There are tons of PC gamers but they're not all playing the same types of games.

Some of the biggest games on PC are entirely unknown to the West such as Crossfire and Dungeon Fighter Online despite them making over a billion dollars a year and having over 500-600 million players.

Lost Ark which isn't even in the West yet has over 350k concurrent players in South Korea and with that it already beats all Steam games except the top 3 (PUBG, DOTA 2 and CSGO) in having the most concurrent players and those are global games and Lost Ark is only in South Korea atm and only needs about 10,000 more players to rival PUBG in concurrent players on Steam.

China which is the biggest PC gaming market and biggest gaming market overall hardly had any influence in the premium PC game market until a few years ago due to foreign games being banned and rampant piracy. The introduction of Steam gave life to its near non existent premium game market and now China is a major market in driving the sales of premium PC games and creating premium PC games. The growth of Ubisoft's PC sales can be largely attributed to the growing amount of Chinese premium PC gamers. We've already had a couple of top sellers on Steam that are only in the Chinese language. There are only about 40 million Chinese gamers on Steam while Tencent's WeGame has 300 million. So if all 300+ million Chinese gamers were to get on Steam and/or tons of foreign games were available on WeGame consoles would likely never be able to be the lead in sales again. The sales of PUBG on PC show the potential for how it can dominate consoles as it sold over 30 million copies which itself is very close to the amount of Xbox Ones sold.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#89 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I think compared to EA and Activision, Ubisoft are in a ok place right now.

Anno 1800 is one of the best games i've played this year. enjoyed it more than the new Total War honestly.

Division 2 was really solid as well. had a blast playing through that with friends.

AC has been improving with the last couple entries but they really need to work on their writing, voice acting and quest design if they want to play with the RPG big boys.

they are probably doing the 'live service' thing better than anyone else, but it is clear that their game design is being impacted by this mentality adding levels, randomized loot and grinding to everything which is a bit annoying.

at least their games tend to be reasonably polished and work as designed when they release. they also have some of the best looking games on the market and some of the best in-house game engines available.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

Lol, herms play Ubisoft games!

actually most of herms play LOL

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26: Good to see Anno was a factor in Ubisoft's success on the PC market.

I will get to try out the game when Uplay+ goes live, because they are doing a free month.

I really didn't want to get Anno through Epic so I guess I will wait for it to be on a Uplay sale.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

They ruined Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, made terrible ports for years, arguably the worst in existence - RE4, was the first Publisher to price hike Steam games from £39.99 to £49.99, was the first to use always online DRM, was one of the first to normalize microtransactions, they ruined Might And Magic, They went with an Epic exclusive deal because they know people hate it and would uplay giving them larger profits, they use fake footage at E3, they make cookie cutter open-world games, they were one of the first to push for "games as a service", they ban people who created missions to avoid their microtransaction in a fully prices game. They ruined Prince Of Persia. They make casual, copy-paste games. They stopped making Rayman games. They were one of the first to use season passes. They censor games to please Asia. They remove games from Steam for half arsed remasters.

Meanwhile PC games like Underrail and Shadow Tactics barely get a blip thanks to users playing the next "oh boy nice graphics for mah card", Assassins pig feed.

Ubisoft would sell our fuckiing kidneys if they could get away with it. Support assholes, get an industry of assholes.

let the hate flow through you
let the hate flow through you

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

But but certain PS4 clowns told me that 99% of AAA games sell better on consoles.

Lol Recloud/Calvin has nuked his account. wonder who he will be this time.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@drlostrib said:
@sakaixx said:

@drlostrib: Division 2 bombed on consoles. We still not fully sold our souls to mtx like the pc mustards.

evidence indicates otherwise

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/05/16/ubisoft-reveals-the-division-2-did-not-meet-sales-expectations-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/amp/

im not doubting that division 2 didn't meet sales expectations, but a big chunk of ubi's earnings are from console gamers

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@calvincfb said:
@drlostrib said:
@calvincfb said:

PC gamers sure enjoy MTX filled games. This is totally expected, since the most popular games on steam are all filled with mtx, ubisoft games are in line with what PC gamers like.

so playstation gamers are the same?

No. Playstation and Switch gamers do not pay as much for MTX as PC gamers, we rather full non compromised experiences, hell, which first party ps4/switch game is filled with MTX? PC gamers and mobile gamers are objectly those that spend more money on MTX, in fact, those two are very much alike, since they love browser and f2p mtx filled games. Most popular games on both PC and Mobile are f2p mtx filled games.

But in these quarter earnings PS4 sales are not far behind PC, and have also been higher than PC in previous quarter. So that would seem to indicate that playstation gamers can be characterized the same way

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#96  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@sakaixx said:
@drlostrib said:
@sakaixx said:

@drlostrib: Division 2 bombed on consoles. We still not fully sold our souls to mtx like the pc mustards.

evidence indicates otherwise

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/05/16/ubisoft-reveals-the-division-2-did-not-meet-sales-expectations-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/amp/

im not doubting that division 2 didn't meet sales expectations, but a big chunk of ubi's earnings are from console gamers

Yeah well we do tends to prefer single player games here like ass creed odyssey while pc crowds loves mtx. Maybe can try to ask xbox crowd what they like, they are weird, love mp game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#97 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@drlostrib said:

But in these quarter earnings PS4 sales are not far behind PC, and have also been higher than PC in previous quarter. So that would seem to indicate that playstation gamers can be characterized the same way

Poor guy was to busy shilling to realize his error.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@boxrekt: I doubt PS4 has more AAA/AA games than PC. PC has basically every Xbox exclusive along with a few from Nintendo. Then you have games like Anno, Total War, Frostpunk which aren’t even a genre on consoles.

And then there are these Chinese/Korean games and a bunch of MMO’s.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Pretty much this is going to be the case with their own store ecosystem on PC. No store cut on those games, compared to Xbox and Playstation. Additionally, PC games are more likely to be digital sales, giving more cut to Ubisoft.

And UPlay+ is just going to increase those margins. Also this is likely because of the rise of the Asian market.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 NoodleFighter

@vaeh: Ubisoft stated about a year and a half ago that they expect a lot of growth from China in their "PC Opportunity" and its coming true. Assassin's Creed Origins sold the most copies in China on Steam.