PC gaming is still too expensive and that's a huge problem. It's not worth it anymore.

• 130 results
DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38521 Posts

@joebones5000: I'm just gonna leave this nice video for you and everyone else why PC gaming is so much better:

Loading Video...

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 joebones5000
Member since 2016 • 2799 Posts

@davillain- said:

@joebones5000: I'm just gonna leave this nice video for you and everyone else why PC gaming is so much better:

Loading Video...

I think she said it best - pc games are designed to be tweaked and tinkered with. No thanks. Pass. No time for that nonsense. You'll spend more time adjusting the game and being obsessive with settings than just playing it. Keyboard and mouse is a disaster for the body. If I never use one again I'll be happy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54003 Posts

@joebones5000: Designed that way? Not really. They actually pretty accurately scale to your hardware. Minor tweaks involved. I barely tweak any settings.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator

@joebones5000: You're lost. Having a PC gaming is like you are already in Heaven. Also You don't have to do that many tweaking's and for the most parts, game developers makes it easier to tweaks settings nowadays so I don't understand why you think it's hard to do but okay.

Just like her, I too started on SNES as my first ever console in my life time and I join PC gaming in 2007 because Crysis change how I see why PC gaming is the best!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35690 Posts

If you have to spend so much time explaining why PC is better then you maybe confusing your personal preference to the general preference of gamers. It funny how much time some folks spend in convincing others of the glory of PC gaming yet consoles are still the primary platform for development.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 2968 Posts

@Pedro said:

If you have to spend so much time explaining why PC is better then you maybe confusing your personal preference to the general preference of gamers. It funny how much time some folks spend in convincing others of the glory of PC gaming yet consoles are still the primary platform for development.

I never get why some PC gamers sees PC gaming like religion: to convert others into their preferences. Can these people just accept the fact that there are gamers that strongly like consoles and should be left alone?

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 349 Posts

really happy viewing console gamers bashing pc master races

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 702 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@Pedro said:

I never get why some PC gamers sees PC gaming like religion: to convert others into their preferences. Can these people just accept the fact that there are gamers that strongly like consoles and should be left alone?

If console gamers would not be doing the same exact thing, System wars would not even exist.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#109 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10735 Posts

@davillain- said:

Loading Video...

Great vid and she is lovely.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@joebones5000 said:
@davillain- said:

Loading Video...

I think she said it best - pc games are designed to be tweaked and tinkered with. No thanks. Pass. No time for that nonsense. You'll spend more time adjusting the game and being obsessive with settings than just playing it. Keyboard and mouse is a disaster for the body. If I never use one again I'll be happy.

"No thanks, I'm a busy human being posting on a forum more than playing games already!"

Well done though, you've got 100+ posts on a troll thread.

You barely ever PC gamed, nobody believes you.

Mouse Keyboard just works for far more genres.... it's that simple.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21390 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@joebones5000: Designed that way? Not really. They actually pretty accurately scale to your hardware. Minor tweaks involved. I barely tweak any settings.

lol, it's like he's trying to say adjusting settings for PC games is as complicated as creating a character in Dark Souls 1/Dark Souls 3. Nvidia Experience normally does a great job of automatically detecting setting based on a PC build. And if that's not enough, most games give you presets (Low, Medium, High, Ultra/Max settings) to choose from for convenience....

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 44567 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah I've got like 350 hours in Cities Skylines and 300 of it was adjusting the settings and getting it to run right. Shit man I'm about 40 hours into The Division 2 and only level 2 because I spent "more time adjusting the game" than playing it.

Seriously, dude?

Sorry if you just take whatever you are given, some of us like things to be close to perfect or better than what is offered. And, yeah, the frustration I experienced on occasion with modding Skyrim was well worth it.

At least I know I don't have to take you seriously in the future, so thanks for posting that nonsense. I guess.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 thehig1  Online
Member since 2014 • 7361 Posts

Adjusting and tweaking settings is all we PC gamers do.

Not played a game in years :)

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 joebones5000

@davillain- said:

@joebones5000: You're lost. Having a PC gaming is like you are already in Heaven. Also You don't have to do that many tweaking's and for the most parts, game developers makes it easier to tweaks settings nowadays so I don't understand why you think it's hard to do but okay.

Just like her, I too started on SNES as my first ever console in my life time and I join PC gaming in 2007 because Crysis change how I see why PC gaming is the best!

Not sure about lost. I don't have to worry about driver updates and incompatibilities, editing ini files, or adjusting texture settings, etc in games anymore - except the ones I still play on my PC. It's wonderful not having to deal with any of that nonsense anymore. Editing ini files to get Skyrim to load past its intro screen, the horrible performance of Arkham Knight on high end hardware, and no more stupid os updates that break things. Console gaming is a dream. PC gaming is good, but way too involved for me anymore. Don't like dealing with nonsense.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 joebones5000

@foxhound_fox said:

Whenever I see this "argument" I always remember the person touting it always seems to be forgetting that a PC, or hell, even a MAC does more than just play games. People don't buy a laptop to play games on it, they buy it for work or school, but an added benefit is it will also (usually) play (most) games.

An Xbox One X where I live is $519.99 CAD, or $587.89 after sales tax. That $600 could upgrade almost any desktop purchased in the last 10 years to a status that could play most modern games at low-medium (which is equivalent to consoles).

People buy gaming PCs to game. WTF are you talking about???

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@joebones5000 said:
@davillain- said:

Not sure about lost. I don't have to worry about driver updates and incompatibilities, editing ini files, or adjusting texture settings, etc in games anymore - except the ones I still play on my PC. It's wonderful not having to deal with any of that nonsense anymore. Editing ini files to get Skyrim to load past its intro screen, the horrible performance of Arkham Knight on high end hardware, and no more stupid os updates that break things. Console gaming is a dream. PC gaming is good, but way too involved for me anymore. Don't like dealing with nonsense.

"Hey guys, all that automatic driver updating I have to do, even though windows does it automatically!, here are two internet examples and 1 infamous game that eventually got fixed and ended up being the best version!"

It's been awhile since somebody posted this level of debate/trolling on system wars.

Just goes to show how dead this place is I suppose.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 thehig1  Online
Member since 2014 • 7361 Posts

The OP is right about the cost im spending at least £5000 a month on constant upgrades.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#118 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98066 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Whenever I see this "argument" I always remember the person touting it always seems to be forgetting that a PC, or hell, even a MAC does more than just play games. People don't buy a laptop to play games on it, they buy it for work or school, but an added benefit is it will also (usually) play (most) games.

An Xbox One X where I live is $519.99 CAD, or $587.89 after sales tax. That $600 could upgrade almost any desktop purchased in the last 10 years to a status that could play most modern games at low-medium (which is equivalent to consoles).

People buy gaming PCs to game. WTF are you talking about???

But what about PC's? Sure, a gaming PC is built to play games first and foremost, but the majority of computers built aren't designed for gaming, and not used for it generally, but are all still capable of gaming. But I guess you didn't actually read my post.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

I have consoles and gaming pc. The pc is definitely worth the money.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
@joebones5000 said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah you totally lost me on this!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9887 Posts
@joebones5000 said:

I really didn't notice the difference in frame rate at all.

Obvious trolling/lying is obvious.

@joebones5000 said:

With current prices, I'm just not seeing the benefit of PC over console,

• Substantially superior graphics and fps (ignoring your above lie).
  • Substantially superior online. 100s of more highly active games. 100s of more competitive games. Total control on e-sports.
  • 100 more high scoring AAA/AA video games than the second best system this gen alone.
  • Superior features all around - best backwards compatibility, emulation, mods, communities, most players, most games, best game sales, etc.

@joebones5000 said:

There's no reason for a gaming PC anymore.

See the above.

And anyone who wants to competitive game in any genre outside of fighters (which makes up 1% of competitive gaming) laughs at you. Or anyone who cares about gfx or fps. Or anyone who wants to play rts, fps, tbs, sims, crpg, mmo, moba.

@joebones5000 said:

Now I see why console have become so popular.

What do you mean, it's pretty much the same rate it's been for a decade. PC has about the same revenue as all 3 consoles combined. And far more players.

Ariochmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Ariochmel
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

Many games nowadays are made with console in mind, and the few specific pc games that remains are not good (fot the most part)like in the golden era of pc gaming. Many pc gamer in this forum probably weren't pc gamers in that time. If someone doesn't care to much about fps and slightly better graphic and want a more plug and play experience, better go to console, if not pc. If you are like me (videogames fanatic:p), you go for console and pc and somtimes you buy also the same game on console and pc and you can speak objectively about the differences

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25577 Posts
@ariochmel said:

Many games nowadays are made with console in mind, and the few specific pc games that remains are not good (fot the most part)like in the golden era of pc gaming. Many pc gamer in this forum probably weren't pc gamers in that time. If someone doesn't care to much about fps and slightly better graphic and want a more plug and play experience, better go to console, if not pc. If you are like me (videogames fanatic:p), you go for console and pc and somtimes you buy also the same game on console and pc and you can speak objectively about the differences

PC games aren't good today? Like what games?

Also, what multiplat games are better on console than on PC?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@thehig1: I hear ya, the struggles of PC gaming. I hate having to edit .ini files and hack my computer just to start up windows.

Ariochmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Ariochmel

@DragonfireXZ95: They aren't bad but in the past, in my opinion, there was more masterpieces targeted specifically to pc and they had more "soul". If you didnt have a pc in that time you missed some of the best of game of all times on pc. Now if you dont have a pc you miss less. You have to go on some niche to find some pc gems now.

Best recent games are not better on console no, but aren't significantly better on pc and sometimes I dont know how to justify my 1080ti if some of the best recent games I have played are console exclusive or are just slightly better on my 2000 euro system vs 400 euro console. Dont know. last two good games i played are dmc5 and sekiro, I have both on my pc and ps4pro. I have put them side by side, and the'is differences yes, they go (sekiro with a mod) 120 fps, but i find them enjoiable on console also. Just two example but for many games is the same and when ps5 go live i dont know if I upgrade my pc or I'll go full console with play station and switch. Maybe Im too old and 25 years of pc gaming are enough and its time to go back to console like when I was a child:P

ps Pc is good for indie games but many of them now are on console like Switch, with some exeption like Rimworld and risk of rain 2 and a few others. Strategy games i was in love with them, but I liked more civilization 4 vs civ5 and 6, the same with recent total war games, and so on. Therare also other things to consider but I dont want to make a long post now:)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25577 Posts
@ariochmel said:

@DragonfireXZ95: They aren't bad but in the past, in my opinion, there was more masterpieces targeted specifically to pc and they had more "soul". If you didnt have a pc in that time you missed some of the best of game of all times on pc. Now if you dont have a pc you miss less. You have to go on some niche to find some pc gems now.

Best recent games are not better on console no, but aren't significantly better on pc and sometimes I dont know how to justify my 1080ti if some of the best recent games I have played are console exclusive or are just slightly better on my 2000 euro system vs 400 euro console. Dont know. last two good games i played are dmc5 and sekiro, I have both on my pc and ps4pro. I have put them side by side, and the'is differences yes, they go (sekiro with a mod) 120 fps, but i find them enjoiable on console also. Just two example but for many games is the same and when ps5 go live i dont know if I upgrade my pc or I'll go full console with play station and switch. Maybe Im too old and 25 years of pc gaming are enough and its time to go back to console like when I was a child:P

ps Pc is good for indie games but many of them now are on console like Switch, with some exeption like Rimworld and risk of rain 2 and a few others. Strategy games i was in love with them, but I liked more civilization 4 vs civ5 and 6, the same with recent total war games, and so on. Therare also other things to consider but I dont want to make a long post now:)

Jesus, man. I only asked for a list, not your justifications on what you want to buy/play. You said that games these days are made with console in mind, but none of the games you mentioned are better on console. I'm still trying to figure out your first comment. You also backtracked, saying they aren't better on console. You're all over the place. You may want to proofread before you post comments. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#127 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35489 Posts

@XVision84 said:

@thehig1: I hear ya, the struggles of PC gaming. I hate having to edit .ini files and hack my computer just to start up windows.

Indeed.

Even just 30 minutes before reading this, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (a port with no multiplayer), starting up at 30fps due to driver problems.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Collection, starting up 720p,

That's roughly 20 minutes of work for two games. Pile that up into the hundreds, you've got yourself a royal pain in the ass.

-

Part of this is Valves fault, people bang on about asset flips and early access, when big Publishers are just as guilty of shoving shit on without a care in the world, and Valve happily obliges.

Ariochmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Ariochmel

@DragonfireXZ95: I have said :"and the few specific pc games that remains are not good (fot the most part)like in the golden era of pc gaming." That means that games made for pc nowadays aren't good compared to past pc games. Not that arent good in absolute.

I can make some example if you want.

Made with console in mind means that many games or series that in the past was specifically made only for pc now are multiplatform games, made with console players in mind, not just pc players. An example of a game made only with pc in mind is quake champion or escape from tarkov, but we can back to firts argument that these specific pc games are not good as in the past. They are bad?no, but inthe past they were more polished, more popular and let me say..they had more "soul"

I try to explain better what I think. In the past there was in my opinion more difference beetween pc games and console games. Not graphic or fps, but the gameplay.

On console you had tipical console games, like final fantasy, dmc, jrpg in general, resident evil and so on. On pc you had deus ex, civilization, baldur gate and so on.

Now the line is blurred, console games are on pc and pc games are on console(consolized also in the gameplay aspect, with some rare exeption)

So, pc have less pc games made only with pc in mind and generally not as good as in the past (again, with some exception, and obviously is my opinion).

The best gamnes released in recent years, in my opinion, dosent take great advantage on pc, because they arent games made with pc in mind, they are tipical console games.They are better on pc?for the most part they are slightly better but not to justify the negatives side of pc gaming.

In the end it all depends on what you consider a good game and what games you like personally and what advantage on these games can give a pc.

This year I liked dmc5 and sekiro, for these 2 games,for example, pc is useless, is just slightly better but not to justify the difference in price and the negative sides of pc(other argument)

The same is with dragon quest 11, and some of the best games I have played in recent years are console first party exlusive. I played also on my pc but the only great game thsat i feel i used that power is Witcher 3. On other pc games I had fun(path of exile,grim dawn, rimworld and stellaris) but the best experience that i had in recent years was on console,for exlusive titles but also for multiplat games that arent that better on pc(dragon quest, dmc and so on,generally japanese titlles).

In the past I feel like on pc therwas masterpieces, warcraft 3 and starcraft, quake and unreal, planetscape torment and baldur gate, deus ex,civlization 4, and many others. Now you can just buy a console and play 99% of the great games out nowadays. For me,these great games (I dont know in the future) are games that are just slightly better on pc or the same. All depends on what games you play and on what you consider great game.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 com2006
Member since 2006 • 658 Posts

Consoles have their benefits for a cheaper alternative, but pc will add the extra bells and whistles for not that much. Generally games are cheaper as well on PC and there is a wider variety of games available, along with the best VR experience if you want it.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17245 Posts

Consoles are a good gaming solution for poor people.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#131  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35489 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

Consoles are a good gaming solution for poor people.

Not really, when you accumulate all the costs they generally cost more than a mid-end PC in the long run.

e.g. Resident Evil 4/Remake/0 are double the price on Switch

Triple if you use a good third party source.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#132  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 44567 Posts

@xantufrog said:

You buy one once, and upgrade parts only as needed for the next 20 years. And unless you need the bleeding edge, those upgrades are typically comparable or less than a console. For example, at the start of this generation, someone who wanted X1 graphics in their old PC needed to spend only about $150. That's compared to a 500 piece of console hardware.

This post made me realize I've had the same case for 15 years hahaha. And I am happy about that, too. Built to last, good ol' steel mid-towers.