PC Gaming is losing its purpose and advantage.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

brb 2080 Ti which costs over a grand

brb i9 - 8 core

brb DDR5 RAM

brb all this powerful PC hardware and yet the best looking games of today such as Red Dead 2, Horizon, GoW, Spiderman etc are console only.

Unless you like playing late console ports or indies, the effort required to PC game is not really worth it anymore.

Gone are the days of exclusives such as F.E.A.R, Crysis, STALKER, World in Conflict, etc as in games that push our PCs and demonstrate PC hardware superiority. Now its just slightly better looking versions of console games.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool blog

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

BRB 30fps.

Outb4 someone says 30fps is good enough in 2018.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brah4ever
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

BRB 30fps.

brb PC games barely have dedicated servers or mod support nowadays.

30 FPS also works better on a pad than a keyboard + mouse.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@brah4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

BRB 30fps.

I play most of my games with a X1 controller on my 4K tv... 30FPS does not work better.

Your thread is about what is PC for?... I gave you one answer.

BRB you can't tell the difference can you?...

BRB let me guess you have a X1 or PS4? and not a Pro or X1X?... BRB let me guess play Red Dead Redemption at 1080p 30FPS is a amazing experience for you?... BRB brah you blind as a bat.

BRB off to go and play Forza Horizon 4 at 4K with HDR at 60FPS.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brah4ever
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@brah4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

BRB 30fps.

I play most of my games with a X1 controller on my 4K tv... 30FPS does not work better.

BRB let me guess you have a X1 or PS4? and not a Pro or X1X?... BRB let me guess play Red Dead Redemption at 1080p 30FPS is a amazing experience for you?... BRB brah you blind as a bat.

brb spending $2k on a GPU to play console games that my PS4 Pro and X1X run fine for less than the price (combined) of that one individual component.

brb no games of your own of note outside of indies

brb no big time exclusives.

PC is for playing late console ports with slightly better graphics, nothing more..oh and indies that will eventually ported once you finish beta testing them for us.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

This is what happens when PC gamers chose to stop supporting the industry by pirating games and waiting for games to drop to 99 cents on steam.

Developers can only make money on consoles which is why consoles get all the games now.

It amazes me how the PC gamer will drop $2000-$5000 on a rig and demand all games be free for them. Then they pour another $10,000 on a virtual ship in Scam Citizen.

They are a truly special kind of people.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

If you want "pretty" games with lots of "wow" factor, that's what consoles are good for. If you want actual games that are fun to play, with a lot of diversity among the genres, that's what PC is for.

Console is pop music, PC is real music.

Console is "hey let's try what we did before, only more of it at lesser quality". PC is "hey let's try something new and fun, damn the consequences"

Console is over-produced, mass-marketed, and intended to sell as many copies as possible while squeezing studios dry and keeping customers on a DLC-baited fishing hook for as long as possible. PC is open-development, anything-goes, freely distributed, independent and publisher-owned, best of both worlds.

@brah4ever said:

...Red Dead 2, Horizon, GoW, Spiderman...

Anything else? Any other games? Maybe some under-the-radar titles? What about that dishwashing sim I heard about for like a week after it's release but for like four years before it was released? How about independently created titles? No? OK. Hope you enjoy your one-good-game-per-quarter allotment the suits at SONY and MS allow you to have.

Don't get me wrong, those are great games. But they're not the best, and far from what's out there. A shame you only play games you're told to play, are told are good.

Meanwhile, on PC, I've got so many new games stacking up on my many current games, plus I am still enjoying games from 20 years ago (oh yeah, infinite backwards compatibility, that's pretty great)...I really don't know what to do with all these amazing games you probably never heard of.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@brah4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@brah4ever said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

BRB 30fps.

brb spending $2k on a GPU to play console games that my PS4 Pro and X1X run fine for less than the price of that one individual component.

brb no games of your own of note outside of indies

brb no big time exclusives.

PC is for playing late console ports with slightly better graphics, nothing more..oh and indies that will eventually ported once you finish beta testing them for us.

BRB You have a Pro and X1X

BRB No you dont

BRB 2k on a GPU?

BRB your consoles unless its exclusive games struggle to give good framerates

Hows PUBG on PS4?... Oh....

BRB I forgot its only on Xbox and it runs?....

BRB It doesnt run it crawls

BRB Hows 30FPS treating you?

BRB when your controls try and give you 60FPS option you get 40-50FPS...

BRB Consoles are cheap pieces of plastic with great games...

BRB... I can afford both and have both

BRB The people that cant afford both are usually the ones making threads like this

BRB Thats you and thats how I know you don't own both the Pro and X

BRB You fell for a obvious trap

BRB Majority of you console gamers are running your games on a 1080p LED TV on a PS4 or X1S

BRB You pretend to have OLED's with ATMOS and X1X's and Pro's....

BRB when the show us your setup threads pop up theres like 3 people with OLED's and like 2 with Atmos

BRB 30FPS

BRB 720-1080p

BRB Medium settings

BRB 42" LED 1080p TV's with 40+ms

BRB Prove me wrong with your pics

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brah4ever
@mrbojangles25 said:

If you want pretty movie-games with lots of "wow" factor, that's what consoles are good for. If you want actual games that are fun to play, with a lot of diversity among the genres, that's what PC is for.

Console is "hey let's try what we did before, only more of it at lesser quality". PC is "hey let's try something new and fun, damn the consequences"

Console is over-produced, mass-marketed, and intended to sell as many copies as possible while squeezing studios dry and keeping customers on a DLC-baited fishing hook for as long as possible. PC is open-development, anything-goes, freely distributed, independent and publisher-owned, best of both worlds.

@brah4ever said:

Anything else? Any other games? Maybe some under-the-radar titles? What about that dishwashing sim I heard about for like a week after it's release but for like four years before it was released? How about independently created titles? No? OK. Hope you enjoy your one-good-game-per-quarter allotment the suits at SONY and MS allow you to have.

Don't get me wrong, those are great games. But they're not the best, and far from what's out there. A shame you only play games you're told to play, are told are good.

Meanwhile, on PC, I've got so many new games stacking up on my many current games, plus I am still enjoying games from 20 years ago (oh yeah, infinite backwards compatibility, that's pretty great)...I really don't know what to do with all these amazing games you probably never heard of.

Mind naming me some of these "hey let's try something new and fun, damn the consequences" games on PC that have a pretty good budget? That a console gamer would actually take notice of.

Also, a lot of these under the radar games come out on consoles as well, they are called indie games. Sorry Steam isn't that much better than what MS and Sony offer, you just get more never to be finished early access titles on Steam, thats basically the only major difference.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brah4ever
@ajstyles said:

This is what happens when PC gamers chose to stop supporting the industry by pirating games and waiting for games to drop to 99 cents on steam.

Developers can only make money on consoles which is why consoles get all the games now.

It amazes me how the PC gamer will drop $2000-$5000 on a rig and demand all games be free for them. Then they pour another $10,000 on a virtual ship in Scam Citizen.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@brah4ever: "That a console gamer would actually take notice of."

Sick caveat. This the fundamental problem - indies don't count, RTS don't count, TBS don't count, MOBAs don't count... AAA multiplats don't count... there's a fundamental gap in interests I keep seeing here, where the rules of the game are "if you don't have console exclusives on a non-console then you have no games worth playing"

Well, with those rules, you win. PC doesn't have non-PC games. You're right.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@ajstyles said:

BRB... Used games sales are affecting the console market its why during the launch of this generation MS and Sony where planning on cuttting that market out

BRB... So All console gamers buy games brand new?.... None of them wait for sales

BRB Oh so now its about the individual?...

BRB... I am a individual...

BRB I paid £79 for Forza Horizon 4 on Launch two weeks ago

BRB.... PUBG is highest selling game of the current generation

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Brah4ever
@xantufrog said:

Sick caveat. This the fundamental problem - indies don't count, RTS don't count, TBS don't count, MOBAs don't count... AAA multiplats don't count... there's a fundamental gap in interests I keep seeing here, where the rules of the game are "if you don't have console exclusives on a non-console then you have, no games worth playing"

Maybe indies would count if the quality of their games were above the 16 bit era level from a production standpoint.

RTS and TBS are and always have been super niche and are dying if not dead genres.

The fundamental gap in interest lies in the fact that PC gaming no longer has games that will make someone from the outside looking in go "WOW". Absolutely no wow factor.

Gotta get a console for that nowadays.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Ever since RDR2 released so many anti PC thread we witness.

Best looking game is Metro Exodus on ray tracing.

PC version of RDR2 will be the one that will be on next gen consoles too (xbox 2 and ps5).

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

The guys name is "Brah4Ever"

I pity those who seriously respond.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brah4ever
@ghosts4ever said:

It's coming to consoles bro.

Also, ray tracing isn't as big a deal as you make it out to be.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@brah4ever said:
@ghosts4ever said:

It's coming to consoles bro.

Also, ray tracing isn't as big a deal as you make it out to be.

the console version will not have ray tracing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I'm about done with PC gaming sick of the deals sick of the price drops and just garbage games

PS4 i just got castlevania symphony of the night with trophy support im done with my PC i just logged to youtube and watcch videos and stuff I Don't want to game on this piece of crap anymore PS4 is where its at and its where I want to be at

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@brah4ever said:
@xantufrog said:

Sick caveat. This the fundamental problem - indies don't count, RTS don't count, TBS don't count, MOBAs don't count... AAA multiplats don't count... there's a fundamental gap in interests I keep seeing here, where the rules of the game are "if you don't have console exclusives on a non-console then you have, no games worth playing"

Maybe indies would count if the quality of their games were above the 16 bit era level from a production standpoint.

RTS and TBS are and always have been super niche and are dying if not dead genres.

The fundamental gap in interest lies in the fact that PC gaming no longer has games that will make someone from the outside looking in go "WOW". Absolutely no wow factor.

This is how I know you live in La la land.

You do realise this generation is Twich generation of gaming where games like Dota, LoL, Fortnite and PUBG is played by millions of young kids on PC gaming setups?....

From the outside looking in?... Honey I don't think your looking at all at the industry and where its moved to.

The reason why those games don't exist is the same reason the AA developers completely disappeared from the console market... Those games weren't profitable not without a big Publisher behind your back and the moment you get one its no longer exclusive, because Publishers care about only money, the only reason consoles get exclusives is because the Publishers are working for the console manufacturer which is why Xbox has no exclusives no more.

That being said you clearly have no idea whats going on when it comes to gaming.

Highest selling game of the generation is on PC PUBG, and the most played game is on PC Fortnite... I have 11 year old cousins who play Fortnite on pre-built PC's who watch twich streams 24/7, you clearluy have no clue what's the new thing.

Your from a console era that is dying son. Dying... Just look at the sales, if it the only reason the Wii was successful was because of the casual gamers.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

bleh those are some stale ass arguments

I'll still take a huge variety of good to great niche exclusives plus the performance benefits/flexibilty of a open platform over a handful of higher production value but generally shallow, homogenous and over-hyped console exclusives a year. (plus, I got a PS4 for those anyways, yet PC still gets 90% of my gaming time)

the main points against PC still seem to be "but I'm too poor and stupid for PC gaming therefore its worse"

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts
@brah4ever said:
@xantufrog said:

So you admit to being a sucker, then?

You also seem to not really comprehend anything about gaming beyond your misguided and incorrect "money = quality". You are quite literally coming off as a disciple of AAA gaming. AAA used to stand for quality, now all it means is big budget.

If you want to enjoy console and not PC, fine, but don't hold something different to a narrow-minded set of standards simply to tear it down. If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, you will find it lacking.

zacbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 zacbear
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

Hook me up when these consoles/DRM boxes get true independent software.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

It'll lose quite some ground if MS or Sony does a proper full implementation of mouse and keyboard and attracts popular mmos and mobas not just create new exclusive mmos/mobas.

IMO, mobas and mmos still rule PC.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@with_teeth26 said:

bleh those are some stale ass arguments

I'll still take a huge variety of good to great niche exclusives plus the performance benefits/flexibilty of a open platform over a handful of higher production value but generally shallow, homogenous and over-hyped console exclusives a year. (plus, I got a PS4 for those anyways, yet PC still gets 90% of my gaming time)

the main points against PC still seem to be "but I'm too poor and stupid for PC gaming therefore its worse"

Which is hilarious since the forum dwelling console gamer's claim to be rich adults but their argument's are based on complexity and price... Yet YouTube and Twitch is filled with teens and pre-teens playing Dota/CSGO/Fortnite/LoL so by their own arguments those millions of teens and preteens have more money and intelligence than the console gamer's here on System Wars.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

You have to get a RTX 2080Ti to play PC games? I didn't know that.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

When consoles get military simulations that favor realism over arcade flash and can support a full HOTAS/Rudder/TrackIR setup across three screens you let me know.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@ajstyles said:

So, PC gamers are all pirates, yet PC gamers spend money on games. You contradicted yourself like 8 times in this post.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@brah4ever said:
@xantufrog said:

You do realise this generation is Twich generation of gaming where games like Dota, LoL, Fortnite and PUBG is played by millions of young kids on PC gaming setups?....

From the outside looking in?... Honey I don't think your looking at all at the industry and where its moved to.

The reason why those games don't exist is the same reason the AA developers completely disappeared from the console market... Those games weren't profitable not without a big Publisher behind your back and the moment you get one its no longer exclusive, because Publishers care about only money, the only reason consoles get exclusives is because the Publishers are working for the console manufacturer which is why Xbox has no exclusives no more.

That being said you clearly have no idea whats going on when it comes to gaming.

Highest selling game of the generation is on PC PUBG, and the most played game is on PC Fortnite... I have 11 year old cousins who play Fortnite on pre-built PC's who watch twich streams 24/7, you clearluy have no clue what's the new thing.

Your from a console era that is dying son. Dying... Just look at the sales, if it the only reason the Wii was successful was because of the casual gamers.

I love how he claims indie games are all 16 bit, when we have graphics like this in indie games(none, of which, are available on console):

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

Not gonna lie, greedy companies like Nvidia and Intel are making it more expensive to be at the top of PC gaming tech these days. We need AMD to get competitive again so that greedy douchebags at Nvidia and Intel will start pricing their products at reasonable prices again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@brah4ever said:

brb i9 - 8 core

brb DDR5 RAM

brb all this powerful PC hardware and yet the best looking games of today such as Red Dead 2, Horizon, GoW, Spiderman etc are console only.

Unless you like playing late console ports or indies, the effort required to PC game is not really worth it anymore.

Gone are the days of exclusives such as F.E.A.R, Crysis, World in Conflict, etc as in games that push our PCs and demonstrate PC hardware superiority. Now its just slightly better looking versions of console games.

Yeah, I know it sucks I got into PC gaming in 2005 and experience all those new and awesome AAA PC exclusives it was better back then agreed on that I wish we still got AAA exclusives. But I still prefer playing my PC over PS4 I know I would be enjoying RDR2 much more with mouse and keyboard controls and 60FPS. PC just gives me a better feeling of playing games it's hard to explain I just feel more immersed by them. PS4 is great no question and has awesome games but PC is where gaming feels the best for me I do long for the days of those great PC AAA exclusives we use to get. I have such fond memories of playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R., Crysis ect.. those will always be the golden years of PC gaming for me.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

bruh...

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

@kenshiro3948 said:

Not gonna lie, greedy companies like Nvidia and Intel are making it more expensive to be at the top of PC gaming tech these days. We need AMD to get competitive again so that greedy douchebags at Nvidia and Intel will start pricing their products at reasonable prices again.

Don't buy brand new parts that just released. Wait a least a year for prices to drop.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@brah4ever: This post is hyperbole, but it’s not completely without merit.

Best games I’ve played this “gen” were mostly PS4 games and BotW on switch. PC does have some unbelievably good games and ALL of the multiplats look better on PC than they do on consoles...having said that if you forced me to choose between my 3 game systems, I’d choose PS4. It’s one thing to play a lesser version of a great game, but it’s entirely different to not even have access to it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@brah4ever said:

brb i9 - 8 core

brb DDR5 RAM

Gone are the days of exclusives such as F.E.A.R, Crysis, World in Conflict, etc as in games that push our PCs and demonstrate PC hardware superiority. Now its just slightly better looking versions of console games.

1. PC misses out on the least AAA this gen due to console exclusives are exclusive genres. Even games like RDR2 will be on PC eventually. For example, how is Gears or Forza on PS4? How is Dragonquest doing on XBOX? How is Totalwar doing on either? The net result is PC having the most AAA games.

2. PC has 100 more high scoring games at MC and GS this gen. One of the largest gaps. This is due in part to the above point. Systems give PC all their games. Even RDR2 will eventually be on PC once you are done beta testing the shit version.

3. Slightly? Even Digital Foundry disagrees. 20-30 fps is trash. Low/Medium is trash. I can't imagine being stuck w/ Playstation and playing the worst version of almost every major game this gen.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

This all depends on what you want a PC for. You can't project what you want out of PC gaming on others

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@brah4ever said:
@xantufrog said:

You can tell he is incredibly biased when he truly thinks that all indie games 16 bit production level wise. PC is still going strong despite the lack of AAA blockbuster games because it still provides new experiences that become big hits later on such as PUBG and Minecraft. I see tons of people buying and building gaming PCs because of these games even when they do come to consoles PC still had them first and a lot more coming to it first as well. PC is the home for these types of games because PC gamers are generally more open to trying new experiences while while most console gamers are like Brah4ever are more concerned with mass marketing and cinematic flair which is why these games usually only come over once they get popular enough on PC that the console crowd will start to see what their missing out on and demand a port.

@mrbojangles25 said:

If you want "pretty" games with lots of "wow" factor, that's what consoles are good for. If you want actual games that are fun to play, with a lot of diversity among the genres, that's what PC is for.

@brah4ever said:

Spot on comparison with console gaming mostly being pop music and PC being real music. The OP makes himself look like the typical consumerist that only buys what is mass marketed towards. I noticed that the OP and other cows can hardly name anything other than Horizon, GOW, Uncharted and Spiderman for why PS4 is superior. Even when you post screenshots of games with clearly better graphics they'll deny it and act as if every game on the PS4 looks like GOW and Horizon.

I'm just gon leave this here, inb4 none of these games count

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

BlackHoax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BlackHoax
Member since 2018 • 37 Posts

7nm GPUs will unlock realtime path tracing. This means default photoreal graphics for small dev teams . Will happen in 2-3 years only on PC.

Btw Kingdome Come and Forza horizon 4 have the most advanced (dynamic) lightings systems right now.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Brah4ever
@NoodleFighter said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@brah4ever said:
@xantufrog said:

You can tell he is incredibly biased when he truly thinks that all indie games 16 bit production level wise. PC is still going strong despite the lack of AAA blockbuster games because it still provides new experiences that become big hits later on such as PUBG and Minecraft. I see tons of people buying and building gaming PCs because of these games even when they do come to consoles PC still had them first and a lot more coming to it first as well. PC is the home for these types of games because PC gamers are generally more open to trying new experiences while while most console gamers are like Brah4ever are more concerned with mass marketing and cinematic flair which is why these games usually only come over once they get popular enough on PC that the console crowd will start to see what their missing out on and demand a port.

@mrbojangles25 said:

@brah4ever said:

Spot on comparison with console gaming mostly being pop music and PC being real music. The OP makes himself look like the typical consumerist that only buys what is mass marketed towards. I noticed that the OP and other cows can hardly name anything other than Horizon, GOW, Uncharted and Spiderman for why PS4 is superior. Even when you post screenshots of games with clearly better graphics they'll deny it and act as if every game on the PS4 looks like GOW and Horizon.

I'm just gon leave this here, inb4 none of these games count

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The effort in the post is appreciate but do know, that if any of these games re worthwhile they will be on consoles.

Remember Divinity Original Sin?

That was originally sipoosed to be a PC exclusive.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@brah4ever

1. Not all of the games worth playing will make it to consoles. Hence PC being up by over 100 8/9+ scoring games this gen at GS and MC.

2. Wait, you're talking about Divinity? So late games count now? Then why did you make this RDR2 thread?

3. PC got the most AAA titles this gen. This is due to console exclusives, exclusive genres, and another thing which we aren't allowed to mention. It is the best system.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Whole genres I like are not really available on console

Football Manager for a start, my most played game of all time.

Then there are flight sims, like FSX and X Plane there isn't a console option for this.

There is also no console options RTS, cant play Frostpunk or Total War on consoles.

There is only Bloodbourne that has ever interested me on console this generation, and I could play that on PSnow.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Sure, RDR2, Spiderman, GoW and Horizon are amazing looking games and great technological achievements.

On PC, I can play games above 30 fps. Consoles struggle with even 30fps - even on the most powerful XB1X and the PS4 Pro. Again, these games do look great on console, but PC will play them at higher settings and quadruple the framerate, which improves the visual experience even more and makes it easier to play.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Console gamers in 2001: PC gaming is dying, they can't compete with exclusives and they cost too much!

Console gamers in 2005: PC gaming is dying, they can't compete with exclusives and they cost too much!

Console gamers in 2013 PC gaming is dying, they can't compete with exclusives and they cost too much!

Console gamers in 2018: PC gaming is dying, they can't compete with exclusives and they cost too much!

Console gamers in 1,000,018: PC gaming is dying, they can't compete with exclusives and they cost too much!

Newsflash: PC gamers don't care about exclusives. In fact, the fact that PC makers aren't trying to pressgang us into buying something we don't want is one of the selling points for us. Oh, and PC components are hitting low prices now that the bitcoin bubble has passed.

And can you guys please stop posting a million embedded videos in one post and chain quoting said post? This thread takes like five minutes to load.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Lol more like consoles become increasingly useless.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
@kenshiro3948 said:

I currently have an Intel/Nvidia setup,. but AMD is already fairly competitive in the CPU market. The Ryzen CPUs are pretty damn good and I might get one when I feel the need to upgrade. I do hope they pick it up more in the GPU market though. The more competition, the better.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts
@brah4ever said:

The effort in the post is appreciate but do know, that if any of these games re worthwhile they will be on consoles.

Remember Divinity Original Sin?

That was originally sipoosed to be a PC exclusive.

For the sake of everyone's RAM don't include the videos in the quote. Not all worthwhile PC games make it to console and even if they do they usually show up at least a year later on consoles. Remember The Forest? That game was playable on PC for over 4 years and even it got announced for PS4 the same year but it is only just now about to be available on PS4 in November. Then there is the fact that if comes to console it may get locked into console exclusivity permanent or timed so that means you will have to wait even longer for the console of choice to get the game. Even then you're still getting the inferior version even if you don't care for graphics and framerates. For example Killing Floor 2 on PC has custom maps, weapons, skins, game modes and higher player counts all of which keep the game fresh while on consoles you're stuck with the standard stuff and a couple of custom maps made official by Tripwire.

Since PC is an open platform it will essentially never run out of worthwhile games for it which is why even though a lot of PC games have come to console this gen PC still has a ton that aren't on them. While on the other hand for consoles it ain't the same the PC is getting almost every Japanese game the PS4 gets now. Console have lost nearly all their 3rd party exclusives and most of their exclusives now are 1st and 2nd party now if a couple of those devs had shutdown or decided to go multiplat your exclusive library lineup would take a huge hit.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

I currently have an Intel/Nvidia setup,. but AMD is already fairly competitive in the CPU market. The Ryzen CPUs are pretty damn good and I might get one when I feel the need to upgrade. I do hope they pick it up more in the GPU market though. The more competition, the better.

Top end was always expensive and is beyond idiotic to even look at unless it specifically caters towards you.

1) top end cpu ( they where always a grand or higher )

2) top end gpu's ( 4x vs 2x now ), my 280's costed me 650 a piece, 4x that = 2600 euro's. 2x 2080 ti = 2400 euro's ( as nvidia no longer supports 3/4x sli )

3) top end memory ( expensive as hell can't remember prices but you would be paying half a grand for it atleast )

4) top end motherboard ( 500+ )

5) top end cooling ( extremely expensive )

6) multiple monitors of the best quality. ( probably enough to redo your living room )

Now lets compare that 2080 ti setup performance wise with what we got in 2012 for example a 280 setup

A 280 x4 would deliver you 2,5 tflops, faster then PS4 gpu performance which is 1,8 tflops. That's 138% more performance and a card that launched 2 years after PS3.

Now a card setup ( 2080 ti sli )that launched 2 years before PS5 gives you 27 tflops, rumored performance of next consoles are 11tflops = 245% more performance.

And that's with having 4 years disadvantage vs the 280 setup, imagine if we are 2 years into the PS5 launch what cards will be then on the market what would actually represent the 280 as example.

There are currently people on PC already playing games on 8k native without dynamic resolution at 60 fps that's 33+ million pixels.

It's beyond and utter overkill really. The edge over consoles is so far on this matter currently that even 10 year old cpu's walk all over what consoles got.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@brah4ever said:

brb i9 - 8 core

brb DDR5 RAM

I have a PC with a 2 year old 1080ti and a 5 year old 4770k and a PS4 Pro.

I can say without a doubt PC still looks quite a bit better but that is no surprise since the 1080ti is many times more powerful than the GPU in the PS4 Pro.

Hell The Witcher 3 is over 3 years old and still looks great. It's night and day compared to the console versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I really wish I could play your precious RDR2 with a keyboard and mouse. The stick aiming feels kind of awful. Worse than in other console shooters.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DragonfireXZ95

@ezekiel43 said:

I really wish I could play your precious RDR2 with a keyboard and mouse. The stick aiming feels kind of awful. Worse than in other console shooters.

It's not really awful in Rockstar games, because they have the strongest auto aim you can imagine; it's too damn easy with the auto aim, even with sticks. It is awful without auto aim, however.