PC Gaming is full of Pirates

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

-----

PCG

-----

Announced last November, Fireblade's Abandon Ship instantly caught my interest with its self-proclaimed "FTL-meets-Sunless Sea in the golden age of sea" billing. It's since impressed with its first public showing at the PC Gamer Weekender and has now teased how combat will play out in its interpretation of the high seas.

The following short demos pre-alpha footage, however offers a convincing glimpse at some of the game's combat features. Abandon Ship's world is said to be "filled with conflict" which means while shuttling to and from quests and events you and your crew will lock horns with hostile ships on a regular basis.

Because the crew is class based, aligning them in their best possible positions on-deck grants players bonuses—assuming you outlive your enemies. Besides the obvious human threat, the game's weather system plays an interesting part in battle and, crucially, survival which is outlined around the two-minute mark below

===========================

-----

RPS

-----

Harrrr. Shiver my own timbers. [Aside: What else do pirates say?] Ahoy friendy! If you want to be a true-to-life sea dog just like me, the firey bosom of Blackwake awaits. It’s large-scale naval warfare with crews of up to 16 people. It’s what I’d call a ‘Hall-of-the-Mountain-King-like’, because that’s the royalty-free music that early access games often use in their trailer to invoke a sense of chaos and silliness, a musical composition that has, as a result, become a coded signal for games which are roughewn and therefore “funny”.

And Blackwake can be funny. When you’re walking along deck and you see your fellow sailor blown away in ragdoll glory by a distant and well-aimed cannon shot, it’s hard not to smile at their misfortune, even as you patch up the hole in the deck with your hammer. Even as you too are blasted away into the sea.

===========================

Next Destination .......

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

Sea of Thieves on PC is the only Pirate game I'm looking forward to the most and remember, Dead Man tell no tales.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Yeah, the ecosystem is a virtua Sea of Thieves. :P

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

The first one seems 10 thousand times more engaging and interesting than Sea of Flops. The second one looks awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@dakur said:

The first one seems 10 thousand times more engaging and interesting than Sea of Flops. The second one looks awful.

You only dislike it though because it's MS. Be honest if it had a Sony badge on it you'd be getting all sweaty for it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator

@boycie said:
@dakur said:

You only dislike it though because it's MS. Be honest if it had a Sony badge on it you'd be getting all sweaty for it.

It's also on PC, so I don't get why he dislike it since this is NOT Xbox One exclusive after all.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dakur

@boycie said:
@dakur said:

I saw some gameplay videos and it looks really lame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@davillain- said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

It's also on PC, so I don't get why he dislike it since this is NOT Xbox One exclusive after all.

PC is still MS or (M$ as he would cleverly say). I've detected a slight disliking towards anything MS in his posts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@dakur said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

So if this was a 9/10 PS4 excloosive you wouldn't be all over it like chicken pox?

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the_master_race
@dakur said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

I dunno about you , it looks pretty fun to me

Loading Video...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@the_master_race:

lol I thought you meant videogame stealing pirates! Your title is misleading!

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dakur

@the_master_race: That video is cuts from gameplay portions. I saw some developers of the game play a continuous portion of time and it looked really messy and lame.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@killered3 said:

@the_master_race:

Only console gamers would think that. Piracy on PC is and will always be, nothing but a myth.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Lol. Yeah this game looks cool.

Yarrrr.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_master_race
@killered3 said:

@the_master_race:

So you took the bait , good

@dakur said:

@the_master_race: That video is cuts from gameplay portions. I saw some developers of the game play a continuous portion of time and it looked really messy and lame.

show me that video

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@the_master_race:

He's so used to being fooled by Phony's CGI trailers that seeing actual game-play really throws him for a loop and he thinks, Phhffft, call me when you can show me some CGI trailers. lol :P

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dakur
Loading Video...

@the_master_race:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@dakur said:
Loading Video...

@the_master_race:

Harsh to judge a technical alpha build though don't you think?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@davillain-:

I dunno how things are now but back in the LimeWire days, I managed to download cracked versions of House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxi, Half-Life 1, Max Payne and Sims 1. It was actually pretty easy but I had dial up too so downloading took forever.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_master_race
@dakur said:
Loading Video...

@the_master_race:

no , the game looks really cool to me though those player should stop overacting

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I see what you did there

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Yarr...

I might be plunderin' and lootin' mah way through Abandon Ship.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@dakur said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

It's going to get real boring real quick without any significant world events/quests. You go to an island, dig up some treasure, bury it, have a fight with another crew, and that's pretty much it? I mean, it needs a dungeon with pirate skeletons that you fight, or something else to do instead of having this big empty world without much to do in it.

Hopefully they are planning on adding stuff like that, because right now, it's got a big meh from me.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dakur

@the_master_race said:
@dakur said:
Loading Video...

@the_master_race:

no , the game looks really cool to me though those player should stop overacting

Those are developers of the game. Imagine if the devs themselves have to act excited for their game instead of being genuinely excited how lame can it be? I think this game will get a 7 tops.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44145 Posts

I'll probably give Sea of Thieves a go on the Xbox One.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_master_race
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@the_master_race said:
@dakur said:
@boycie said:
@dakur said:

It's going to get real boring real quick without any significant world events/quests. You go to an island, dig up some treasure, bury it, have a fight with another crew, and that's pretty much it? I mean, it needs a dungeon with pirate skeletons that you fight, or something else to do instead of having this big empty world without much to do in it.

Hopefully they are planning on adding stuff like that, because right now, it's got a big meh from me.

more than content , the game should be competitive but I'm sure we'll see more stuff in the future

@dakur said:
@the_master_race said:
@dakur said:

@the_master_race:

Those are developers of the game. Imagine if the devs themselves have to act excited for their game instead of being genuinely excited how lame can it be? I think this game will get a 7 tops.

7 is good ?