pc gamin blowes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts

You guys ever have any friends that don't like to go to the club because they say "dancing is stupid"?
Well, it's not thatthey think dancing is stupid, it's just that THEYDON'T KNOW HOW TO DANCE!

People don't like what they dont know, but they ARE people, so they will NEVER admit to this, they gotta make up a reason to justify their lack of knowledge.

Anyways, I laugh whenever I see another consolite post "pc gaming sucks because it's hard", because what they are really saying is "I SUCK at pc gaming so therefore, it sucks"

and for the record, dancing is stupid yo.

JocktheMotie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JocktheMotie
Member since 2007 • 660 Posts
I agree, dancing is stupid.
fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts
blowes! :| :?
stunt73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stunt73
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts

I used to like nothing more than dropping a couple of disco biscuits and dancing my a*se off to a bit of banging house back in the day! :P

And pc gaming ftw!

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Good thing I'm a dance commander.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

PC gaming is quite a lot harder than console gaming. For the PC you have to actually 'install' a game while with a console all you do is put the disc in. There are also quite a lot of driver, etc... problems you may come across during the installation. For a person who has no knowledge of PC gaming all this data makes them feel a little overwhelmed.

Have you ever been into a Troubleshooting section in a specific games website forum? You're probably going to say something like, "No I don't need to because I am the supreme commander of gaming. 101!!! 1337!%@!" There are quite a few posts in almost every one that states something similar to "I can't get *insert game here* to install on my computer!!!" Basically what you are doing is insulting peoples knowledge because they are inexperienced with PC gaming. And yes, PC gaming is quite a lot harder, given the circumstances, than console gaming. Why can't people accept this? It's fact.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vandalvideo

PC gaming is quite a lot harder than console gaming. For the PC you have to actually 'install' a game while with a console all you do is put the disc in. There are also quite a lot of driver, etc... problems you may come across during the installation. For a person who has no knowledge of PC gaming all this data makes them feel a little overwhelmed.

Have you ever been into a Troubleshooting section in a specific games website forum? You're probably going to say something like, "No I don't need to because I am the supreme commander of gaming. 101!!! 1337!%@!" There are quite a few posts in almost every one that states something similar to "I can't get *insert game here* to install on my computer!!!" Basically what you are doing is insulting peoples knowledge because they are inexperienced with PC gaming. And yes, PC gaming is quite a lot harder, given the circumstances, than console gaming. Why can't people accept this? It's fact.

BumFluff122
Are you saying there aren't any console games that require installation? LAWL.
GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

:? What the...

Biowes??

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BumFluff122
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

Vandalvideo

LAWL?

Remind me again what console games require you to put the CD into the tray, go through a number of steps in setting up your video card, processing power and graphical abilities before allowing you to play the actual game, then having to install driver updates or other updates to get it to run? None that I can remember.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

Good thing I'm a dance commander.Vandalvideo

How is The Witcher? I was thinking about getting it when I build my new PC soon.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

BumFluff122

LAWL?

Remind me again what console games require you to put the CD into the tray, go through a number of steps in setting up your video card, processing power and graphical abilities before allowing you to play the actual game, then having to install driver updates or other updates to get it to run? None that I can remember.

Final Fantasy 11. PS: Not even PC games require all those steps. 0_O
x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

BumFluff122

LAWL?

Or you could hit OK through all of them and cross your fingers.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

BumFluff122

LAWL?

Yeah, this is totally common on the PC. :roll: I honestly cannot remember the last game I played where I had to 'set up my processing power', since you do that through the bios. That leads me to believe your just spouting junk to make it sound harder than it is.

Honestly, how hard is it to keep clicking "Next" and picking where you want the folder installed? I'm starting to marvel some of these anti-PC fanboys are able to turn their computers on at all.

And maybe you'd have a point on the installation process if it didn't give a huge advantage to PC games over console games. For a few minutes of installing, you basically have a platform which is capable of a lot more as it doesn't need to stream from the disk. That's one of the reasons Crysis can't work in it's current form on consoles.

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

I agree, dancing is stupid.JocktheMotie

I second this.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

So address the other perfectly valid arguments against PC gaming.

Oh, and it's not that PC gaming is hard - it's that it's more work. Yes, I know how to assemble a PC. Yes, I can install an operating system. Yes, I can locate and install drivers. Yes, I can install software. People who can do these things really aren't special - they're a dime a dozen. But I spend 8 hours a day programming, and I don't want to come home to do any more work to play my games. It's the same reason I bought a Mac - I can do all those things. I choose not to, knowing full well what the tradeoffs are.

PC gaming was great when I was in college and had an endless supply of time to mess with my PC. Now, I don't. I want to get a beer, crash on the couch, and put in a few rounds of Halo. You can call me lazy, sure, but you certainly can't call me uneducated on the topic of computers.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vandalvideo

So address the other perfectly valid arguments against PC gaming.

Oh, and it's not that PC gaming is hard - it's that it's more work. Yes, I know how to assemble a PC. Yes, I can install an operating system. Yes, I can locate and install drivers. Yes, I can install software. But I spend 8 hours a day programming, and I don't want to come home to do any more work to play my games.

PC gaming was great when I was in college and had an endless supply of time to mess with my PC. Now, I don't. I want to get a beer, crash on the couch, and put in a few rounds of Halo. You can call me lazy, sure, but you certainly can't call me uneducated on the topic of computers.

lowe0
The ammount of work involved for the PC is directly proportionally to your return on yoru investment. Besides, its not like it takes hours upon hours for PC maintainance. On the contrary, its more like a negligable few minutes.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BumFluff122
Yeah, this is totally common on the PC. :roll: I honestly cannot remember the last game I played where I had to 'set up my processing power', since you do that through the bios. That leads me to believe your just spouting junk to make it sound harder than it is.

Honestly, how hard is it to keep clicking "Next" and picking where you want the folder installed? I'm starting to marvel some of these anti-PC fanboys are able to turn their computers on at all.

And maybe you'd have a point on the installation process if it didn't give a huge advantage to PC games over console games. For a few minutes of installing, you basically have a platform which is capable of a lot more as it doesn't need to stream from the disk. That's one of the reasons Crysis can't work in it's current form on consoles.

Danm_999

You seem to close minded to listen to much of anything else anyone has to say. If you actually read my post I said 'given the circumstances'. I was merely giving examples. I am perfectly aware of the advantage of installing a game on the hardrive has over playing the game over a disk.

And, to repeat what I stated before, given the circumstances (ie not the right drivers, not the right graphics card, etc...) a PC game is often quite a lot harder to install than merely popping the disk in and clicking next a couple times. As stated before, just go into a gaming website for a specific game and look at their troubleshooting forum. Chances are you will see quite a lot more that are having trouble installing and running their games on a PC.

And what is it with 1337 people, such as yourself, speaking down to 'consolite fanboys' as if to say 'nah nah nah I'm better than you!' The point of my post was that it is often quite a lot harder to get a PC game actually running on your computer than a console game running on a console. That is a fact. And here you are arguing about it?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
It's not the installation that puts me off PC gaming. It's cost, and lack of standardisation. If a game says Wii or Xbox on it, it'll, ya know, work on the Wii or Xbox. But Pc's are all so different it's hard to be sure what'll work and what won't. There's also a grey area around the minimum requirements where it may or may not work. Also, errors, patches, drivers, "exception in thread:main"s etc. All that crap. Even so, when all goes well, PCs are amazing.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]Yeah, this is totally common on the PC. :roll: I honestly cannot remember the last game I played where I had to 'set up my processing power', since you do that through the bios. That leads me to believe your just spouting junk to make it sound harder than it is.

BumFluff122

You seem to close minded to listen to much of anything else anyone has to say. If you actually read my post I said 'given the circumstances'. I was merely giving examples. I am perfectly aware of the advantage of installing a game on the hardrive has over playing the game over a disk.

And, to repeat what I stated before, given the circumstances (ie not the right drivers, not the right graphics card, etc...) a PC game is often quite a lot harder to install than merely popping the disk in and clicking next a couple times. As stated before, just go into a gaming website for a specific game and look at their troubleshooting forum. Chances are you will see quite a lot more that are having trouble installing and running their games on a PC.

And what is it with 1337 people, such as yourself, speaking down to 'consolite fanboys' as if to say 'nah nah nah I'm better than you!' The point of my post was that it is often quite a lot harder to get a PC game actually running on your computer than a console game running on a console. That is a fact. And here you are arguing about it?

Except that now-a-days drivers mostly come pre-packaged with all the new games, so its realy an isue of the past. In current time, it IS as easy as putting the disc in and pushing next.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Danm_999

You seem to close minded to listen to much of anything else anyone has to say. If you actually read my post I said 'given the circumstances'. I was merely giving examples. I am perfectly aware of the advantage of installing a game on the hardrive has over playing the game over a disk.BumFluff122

So if I gave the example of a 360 going RROD as to why console gaming was worthless, our examples would be parallel.

You can't give the worst case scenario for something and then act like it's the norm.

And, to repeat what I stated before, given the circumstances (ie not the right drivers, not the right graphics card, etc...) a PC game is often quite a lot harder to install than merely popping the disk in and clicking next a couple times.BumFluff122

Again, if you want to manufacture yourself fictional worst case scenarios as a justification for PC gaming being a whole lot harder, your whole point is flawed. To not have the right graphics card means the one you have is too old, something you should have reasearched before buying the game! Not having the right driver is something that can literally be fixed with a 10 second download and a restart. Most games even come with the drivers they need during installation these days!

And the reason I discussed the advantage of installing on a hard drive is because in the face of these minor disadvantages, the whole point that "pc gaming blowes" by the TC has no substance.

As stated before, just go into a gaming website for a specific game and look at their troubleshooting forum. Chances are you will see quite a lot more that are having trouble installing and running their games on a PC.BumFluff122

Go to a hospital and you'll see a lot of sick people. What's your point? Your acting as if this sort of problem is the majority, but do you actually expect people with no problems posting on those sorts of forums?

BumFluff122

No, I'm arguing that it is, in your own words "quite a lot harder". It isn't. It's harder, but I'd debate the hyperbole you used.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BumFluff122

Except that now-a-days drivers mostly come pre-packaged with all the new games, so its realy an isue of the past. In current time, it IS as easy as putting the disc in and pushing next.Vandalvideo
Back in my
PC gaming days I had quite a few problems with games. Not the right drivers, to low of a graphics card (When it stated right on the box it would work with my PC so basically I was wasting money and time.) and a host of other problems including setting my firewall and router up to open the ports necessary to play online. There are still quite a lot more steps to installing a PC game than playing one over a console.

Let me post one link to a troubleshooting webpage dealing with a game. And quite a few of the people who play this one game are also into console gaming.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/start.php?openItemID=item.21,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

as you can see, 217 of those threads have been active in the past 3 days. If anyone can link me to a technical troubleshooting for a console game that has had as many posts in it as this one in the same amount of time I'll eat my words.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Phew, I thought the first sentance was going to say that PC gamers were nerds who can'tdance or go to clubs or some ****. I game on my Wii and 360 most and I don't even have any friends. So that just proves that anybody is capable of being a loser. Just like PC gamers can be cool. I do game on PC thought, on a PC that can't play Pandora Tomorrow.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

Dancing IS stupid.

PC gaming isn't though.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Danm_999

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Except that now-a-days drivers mostly come pre-packaged with all the new games, so its realy an isue of the past. In current time, it IS as easy as putting the disc in and pushing next.BumFluff122

Back in my
PC gaming days I had quite a few problems with games. Not the right drivers, to low of a graphics card (When it stated right on the box it would work with my PC so basically I was wasting money and time.) and a host of other problems including setting my firewall and router up to open the ports necessary to play online. There are still quite a lot more steps to installing a PC game than playing one over a console.

Let me post one link to a troubleshooting webpage dealing with a game. And quite a few of the people who play this one game are also into console gaming.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/start.php?openItemID=item.21,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

as you can see, 217 of those threads have been active in the past 3 days. If anyone can link me to a technical troubleshooting for a console game that has had as many posts in it as this one in the same amount of time I'll eat my words.

For this test to be fair, the number of PC gamers would have to equal the number of console gamers.

But they don't, PC gaming is an estimated 200 million global userbase, while consoles can only reach that number if the userbases of the PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Wii and GameCube are combined (and assuming all of those bought only one console and didn't buy another).

It's also true that there are usually 3 types of consoles, and thus the market will divide it's technical support help. Asking for what your asking isn't just inconsistent with reality, it's pointless.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Except that now-a-days drivers mostly come pre-packaged with all the new games, so its realy an isue of the past. In current time, it IS as easy as putting the disc in and pushing next.BumFluff122

Back in my

Most of those problems are in the extreme minority nowadays, and are entirely because of the router company itself, not the computer or the game.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BumFluff122
No, I'm arguing that it is, in your own words "quite a lot harder". It isn't. It's harder, but I'd debate the hyperbole you used.Danm_999
The point I am trying to get across is this: For those who are not experienced with Pc gaming installation and technical issues it is overwhelming to say the least to go through these problems. Quite a few people buy PC games thinking they will work with their current setup (just press next a few times and you're done) when it won't. Those are the casuals not the gaming elite. To have PC gamer afficianados come in here and spout how PC gaming is so easy, according to them and others of their knowledge, does not speak for the majority of gamers. And to have those same people come in here and speak down to others because of their superior gaming knowledge is similar to every other fanboy in every other forum. I'm merely stating the obvious, that for a casual gamer having to go through the process of installing drivers and such isn't exactly a walk in the park as all of you would have them believe.
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts

You guys ever have any friends that don't like to go to the club because they say "dancing is stupid"?
Well, it's not thatthey think dancing is stupid, it's just that THEYDON'T KNOW HOW TO DANCE!

People don't like what they dont know, but they ARE people, so they will NEVER admit to this, they gotta make up a reason to justify their lack of knowledge.

Anyways, I laugh whenever I see another consolite post "pc gaming sucks because it's hard", because what they are really saying is "I SUCK at pc gaming so therefore, it sucks"

and for the record, dancing is stupid yo.

out0v0rder
Dancing is stupid?but I believe there are pretty good moves that come with it.Like this one.

LINK!!!

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BumFluff122

For this test to be fair, the number of PC gamers would have to equal the number of console gamers.

But they don't, PC gaming is an estimated 200 million global userbase, while consoles can only reach that number if the userbases of the PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Wii and GameCube are combined (and assuming all of those bought only one console and didn't buy another).

It's also true that there are usually 3 types of consoles, and thus the market will divide it's technical support help. Asking for what your asking isn't just inconsistent with reality, it's pointless.

Danm_999
I'm fairly certain that percentages can be used in this case.
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

dancing is awesome.... its the key to getting laid at a party

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]No, I'm arguing that it is, in your own words "quite a lot harder". It isn't. It's harder, but I'd debate the hyperbole you used.BumFluff122
The point I am trying to get across is this: For those who are not experienced with Pc gaming installation and technical issues it is overwhelming to say the least to go through these problems. Quite a few people buy PC games thinking they will work with their current setup (just press next a few times and you're done) when it won't. Those are the casuals not the gaming elite. To have PC gamer afficianados come in here and spout how PC gaming is so easy, according to them and others of their knowledge, does not speak for the majority of gamers. And to have those same people come in here and speak down to others because of their superior gaming knowledge is similar to every other fanboy in every other forum. I'm merely stating the obvious, that for a casual gamer having to go through the process of installing drivers and such isn't exactly a walk in the park as all of you would have them believe.

And, Like I said, as long as you have a moderately new rig then there won't be much compatability issues. Those are relics of the past that haven't made their way into PC gaming nowadays. Drivers mostly come pre-packaged wit hthe installer, and most updates are fully automated now.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts
Dancing at Clubs and PC Gaming in the same paragraph? LAWL :lol:
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

BumFluff122

I'm not. If the 360 had a 100% failure rate, and PC systems had a 10%, it would still seem like the PC was a more unstable system.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BumFluff122
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]No, I'm arguing that it is, in your own words "quite a lot harder". It isn't. It's harder, but I'd debate the hyperbole you used.Vandalvideo

And, Like I said, as long as you have a moderately new rig then there won't be much compatability issues. Those are relics of the past that haven't made their way into PC gaming nowadays. Drivers mostly come pre-packaged wit hthe installer, and most updates are fully automated now.

Awesome, awesome stuff. If it wasn't quite a lot easier nowadays I would be very surprised. I'm not really one ot go out and spend 1000's of dollars on a new PC with the best video card, mother board, memory, etc... And before anyone starst saying "You only need so and so money to build a gaming PC!" I have never built a PC before as I'm fairly certain the majority of other gamers haven't eiher. And to get the latest and greatest model the graphics card alone would cost over $800, the mother board would be another $200 and the processor would be quite a bit more as well as the sound card , hard drive and everythign else you need to build it. I have actually looked into buying a gaming PC before and I was considering building my own then I changed jobs and am quite a lot busier now than I was then.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BumFluff122
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Danm_999

I'm not. If the 360 had a 100% failure rate, and PC systems had a 10%, it would still seem like the PC was a more unstable system.

'Failure rate' due to hardware has little to do with what I am trying to speak about. Is the 360 failure rate higher than a PCs? Most probably. Is it's failure ratedealing with installingl and play games lower than a PCs? probably. In the right hands a PC can outdo a console any day of the week but for most gamers they do not have those hands.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vandalvideo
Awesome, awesome stuff. If it wasn't quite a lot easier nowadays I would be very surprised. I'm not really one ot go out and spend 1000's of dollars on a new PC with the best video card, mother board, memory, etc... And before anyone starst saying "You only need so and so money to build a gaming PC!" I have never built a PC before as I'm fairly certain the majority of other gamers haven't eiher. And to get the latest and greatest model the graphics card alone would cost over $800, the mother board would be another $200 and the processor would be quite a bit more as well as the sound card , hard drive and everythign else you need to build it. I have actually looked into buying a gaming PC before and I was considering building my own then I changed jobs and am quite a lot busier now than I was then.BumFluff122
Way to inflate the prices. You can get a high end graphics card for just 250 dollars nowadays, and if you don't know how to builda computer, theres always bestbuy to assemble it for you. The world is different now for PC gaming, a CHEAP world.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
i think pc gameing sucks.. i dont suck at game, oh no. i;m the other way around but the reason i think it sucks is to make the game look good and play good you need a computer over a grand, plus you got to keep updating and installing. loading games... i think i just dont like computers all together, i still use one tho. but thats just me. BLa
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I like to dance :|
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vandalvideo
i think pc gameing sucks.. i dont suck at game, oh no. i;m the other way around but the reason i think it sucks is to make the game look good and play good you need a computer over a grand, plus you got to keep updating and installing. loading games... i think i just dont like computers all together, i still use one tho. but thats just me. BLaiamshivy
Then I guess console agming is even worse! You don't need spend over a grand, let alone 700 dollars to have a rig as powerful as the other consoles, and you don't have to upgrade either.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BumFluff122
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Awesome, awesome stuff. If it wasn't quite a lot easier nowadays I would be very surprised. I'm not really one ot go out and spend 1000's of dollars on a new PC with the best video card, mother board, memory, etc... And before anyone starst saying "You only need so and so money to build a gaming PC!" I have never built a PC before as I'm fairly certain the majority of other gamers haven't eiher. And to get the latest and greatest model the graphics card alone would cost over $800, the mother board would be another $200 and the processor would be quite a bit more as well as the sound card , hard drive and everythign else you need to build it. I have actually looked into buying a gaming PC before and I was considering building my own then I changed jobs and am quite a lot busier now than I was then.Vandalvideo
Way to inflate the prices. You can get a high end graphics card for just 250 dollars nowadays, and if you don't know how to builda computer, theres always bestbuy to assemble it for you. The world is different now for PC gaming, a CHEAP world.

It's still far far to expensive. Back when I was looking to build a PC I wanted the best: One of the latest thermaltake chasis, a powerful cooling system and power supply, the latest ATI graphics card, the best processor with matching motherboard, two large hardrives, the OS and other software. It added up to quite a lot, well over $2000, and I was dead set on making it until I finally came to my senses and decided to pay off my $12,000 in credit card debt first.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Awesome, awesome stuff. If it wasn't quite a lot easier nowadays I would be very surprised. I'm not really one ot go out and spend 1000's of dollars on a new PC with the best video card, mother board, memory, etc... And before anyone starst saying "You only need so and so money to build a gaming PC!" I have never built a PC before as I'm fairly certain the majority of other gamers haven't eiher. And to get the latest and greatest model the graphics card alone would cost over $800, the mother board would be another $200 and the processor would be quite a bit more as well as the sound card , hard drive and everythign else you need to build it. I have actually looked into buying a gaming PC before and I was considering building my own then I changed jobs and am quite a lot busier now than I was then.BumFluff122

It's still far far to expensive. Back when I was looking to build a PC I wanted the best: One of the latest thermaltake chasis, a powerful cooling system and power supply, the latest ATI graphics card, the best processor with matching motherboard, two large hardrives, the OS and other software. It added up to quite a lot, well over $2000, and I was dead set on making it until I finally came to my senses and decided to pay off my $12,000 in credit card debt first.

This is the problem with every single person who complains about the PC being so expensive, they buy the hardcore thing they can find and then say OMG ITS SO EXPENSIVE. Oh please, you can build a rig that easily whoops consoles for 700-800 dollarsnowadays.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BumFluff122
This is the problem with every single person who complains about the PC being so expensive, they buy the hardcore thing they can find and then say OMG ITS SO EXPENSIVE. Oh please, you can build a rig that easily whoops consoles for 700-800 dollarsnowadays.Vandalvideo
As stated before me and the majority of other gamers would probably have to actually pay to have it built. I'm sure you could build a computer for as little as $800 that could kick any console out of the park but exactly how long do you think that PC will be able to play the latest and the greatest of PC games? Compare the lifetime of a console to the lifetime of a graphics card for playing the most advanced games on their system and I'm fairly certain that you'll be replacing your graphics card quite a lot sooner than you'll be replacing your console.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]This is the problem with every single person who complains about the PC being so expensive, they buy the hardcore thing they can find and then say OMG ITS SO EXPENSIVE. Oh please, you can build a rig that easily whoops consoles for 700-800 dollarsnowadays.BumFluff122
As stated before me and the majority of other gamers would probably have to actually pay to have it built. I'm sure you could build a computer for as little as $800 that could kick any console out of the park but exactly how long do you think that PC will be able to play the latest and the greatest of PC games? Compare the lifetime of a console to the lifetime of a graphics card for playing the most advanced games on their system and I'm fairly certain that you'll be replacing your graphics card quite a lot sooner than you'll be replacing your console.

You could easily drag it out for the entire duration of the generation at this point, you just wouldn't be able to play games at max settings, but as Crysis demonstations, you don't NEED max settings to whoop consoles. And like I said, Best Buy assembles PCs. Don't think you're the first person I've disproven with this exact same arguement, I know the direction tis going, might as well stop now while you're ahead.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BumFluff122
You could easily drag it out for the entire duration of the generation at this point, you just wouldn't be able to play games at max settings, but as Crysis demonstations, you don't NEED max settings to whoop consoles. And like I said, Best Buy assembles PCs. Don't think you're the first person I've disproven with this exact same arguement, I know the direction tis going, might as well stop now while you're ahead.Vandalvideo
And how much does it cost to have them built? Chances are they wouldn't do it for absolutely free. Someone on their end is getting paid for it. Perhaps they assemble them for free as a means of getting you to buy their products? Yes perhaps but that is few and far between.
IndianaJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IndianaJosh
Member since 2003 • 5159 Posts
What console gamers don't get is that many PC gamers enjoy setting up and tweaking games, and take pride in building and upgrading their computers. It makes us feel like we're actually taking part in our hobby, rather that just sticking the game in and having no way of tweaking it.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] You could easily drag it out for the entire duration of the generation at this point, you just wouldn't be able to play games at max settings, but as Crysis demonstations, you don't NEED max settings to whoop consoles. And like I said, Best Buy assembles PCs. Don't think you're the first person I've disproven with this exact same arguement, I know the direction tis going, might as well stop now while you're ahead.BumFluff122
And how much does it cost to have them built? Chances are they wouldn't do it for absolutely free. Someone on their end is getting paid for it. Perhaps they assemble them for free as a means of getting you to buy their products? Yes perhaps but that is few and far between.

Its just 90 dollars, which isnt' a lot of money when you think about it relatively. You're still spending about 720-830 dollars for a PC rig.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Well I always build my own so no problem with price. I usually buy popular games about a year afterwords so that I get all of the patches and expansions and cheeper too. The PC has the best shooters and strategy games. Lots of rpg's too. There is nothing wrong with it.
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] You could easily drag it out for the entire duration of the generation at this point, you just wouldn't be able to play games at max settings, but as Crysis demonstations, you don't NEED max settings to whoop consoles. And like I said, Best Buy assembles PCs. Don't think you're the first person I've disproven with this exact same arguement, I know the direction tis going, might as well stop now while you're ahead.Vandalvideo

Its just 90 dollars, which isnt' a lot of money when you think about it relatively. You're still spending about 720-830 dollars for a PC rig.

And lets not forget that you aren't buying just a gaming machince, you get something that is useful in your everyday life outside of gaming. You can play music stor files, watch movies, surf the web, instant message, manage your finances, buy stuff, create things, the list goes on. So really it isn't that expensicve once you think about all the other practical features that you would get outside of the PC gaming environment.