PC Gamers - why don't you get an XSX instead?

• 133 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

For $500, the Xbox Series X has amazing value. It's powerful enough to play games at 4K 60fps. It has Quick Resume, which I don't think you can do on PC. It also has backwards compatibility. We all know how much you love old games. But not only can it play old games, it plays them better than ever before. Also, GamePass. You can get 3 years of Gamepass for $180 by converting your XBL membership, and you'll get more access to games than on PC. All of that with a $500 console (oh, and don't forget it also includes a controller and 4k player). Where else can you get a deal like that with PC?

Herms, it's time to wake up, PC isn't affordable anymore. Come join the Xbox side. Are you ready?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

It won't match the performance I want, and the PC handily doubles as an actual computer.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

My computer is stronger than any console, and it was before I upgraded it too. To me, consoles are for exclusive games or couch coop.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Say the Steam Deck is probably a better proposition, over that or the Switch. it actually is exceptional value.

But to answer your querry -

1. Grew up and use to PC, it's comfy and people like "thing I know".

2. Have one last another 5 years easily. Don't care about 4K or raytracing.

3. Most of the interesting games pop up on PC. AAA gaming has good titles, but it feels like i'm watching a pyramid scheme most of the time. And that's backed up by oodles of evidence that the big Publishers are cunts.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I want 120+ FPS gaming, also KBM, also mods, also free multiplayer, also cheaper games, also.... A whole lot more that consoles don't offer.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Id be so embarrassed to own an XBOX.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

For $500, the Xbox Series X has amazing value. It's powerful enough to play games at 4K 60fps. It has Quick Resume, which I don't think you can do on PC. It also has backwards compatibility. We all know how much you love old games. But not only can it play old games, it plays them better than ever before. Also, GamePass. You can get 3 years of Gamepass for $180 by converting your XBL membership, and you'll get more access to games than on PC. All of that with a $500 console (oh, and don't forget it also includes a controller and 4k player). Where else can you get a deal like that with PC?

Herms, it's time to wake up, PC isn't affordable anymore. Come join the Xbox side. Are you ready?

Because,

1. My rig already destroys Sony and I got them last year so it was regular prices. But price isn't a problem for me, hell the amount I spent on purely optional Case Fans alone this year is more than the cost of an Playstation5 . My PC Chair cost more than all next gen consoles combined.
  2. Playstation5 can not play every game at 4k 60fps. And the ones it does are at lower settings. I don't want to play the worse version of almost all games.
  3. I prefer Ultrawide at 144 fps. Playstation5 can't do this, literally they don't support it.
  4. I prefer KB and Mouse by 10 miles. The software required to run the best of these won't even load on Playstation5.
  5. Better Library and Genre. PC had over 100 more AAA/AA titles than PlayStation 4 last gen. This gen will likely follow that as all 3 consoles give PC games while they don't share it with each other. Also some of my favorite genres are barely on or suck on consoles.
  6. Competitive Gaming. PC has exponentially more options. This nearly doesn't even exist on PlayStation in comparison. Anyone who cares about this likely isn't gaming on PlayStation.
  7. Misc. Mods, Alt-Tab and do 10x things at the same time, free and better online, more game deals, better backwards compatibility, more comfortable (an ergo chair is better for you than a couch), etc.

I hope this answers your question.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

My PC is far more capable than the XSX

Mods

More input options

More games

Emulators

Etc...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4  Online

Not too sure where this thread was meant to go.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@zaryia: not sure what this has to do with PS5. XSX can use keyboard and mouse btw. XSX also supports ultra wide. XSX also has a great and competitive library and has more GamePass support. And XSX does do 4k 60fps gaming and also supports 120fps.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

It would be easier to pitch Game Pass. There's an off chance those that come to like it from PC side might garner more favorable brand recognition, possibly see a console more as a supplement for a PC preference than a replacement when they can say maybe take their games and progress they make on PC to another side of the house and play those games with maybe others in the living room or carry their progress over to wherever they feel comfortable playing at the moment. But yeah, even if they don't desire an Xbox console or never will, Game Pass is an easier sell. But not to say it's an easy sell. Still many people allergic to the idea of playing games they don't own like we're worried the zombie apocalypse is around the corner. Well, I got my chess board stowed away for that day.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia
@SolidGame_basic said:

@zaryia: not sure what this has to do with PS5.

Yeah but you're a cow and I wanted you to know how hard PC trashes PS5.

@SolidGame_basic said:

XSX and PS5 can use keyboard and mouse btw.

Not every game supports it. In fact I heard most do not. Also how do I install QMK on XSX and PS5 ? How about GHUB?

Cool let me use my $500 custom keyboard for 2 games at low fps without programming.

@SolidGame_basic said:

XSX and PS5 also supports ultra wide.

Wrong. 21:9 won't work on consoles and it certainly won't do as much as FPS as my PC, and will also have lower settings.

@SolidGame_basic said:

competitive library

lol. By great you mean literally 1/100th? So much less, and even less scenes.

@SolidGame_basic said:

And XSX and PS5 do do 4k 60fps gaming and also supports 120fps.

Not in all games. Especially not demanding ones. Has lower settings and lower fps.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Zaryia is giving a bunch of reasons while being a mobile gamer🤦‍♂️I just don't understand him.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@zaryia: thought it did have ultra wide, sorry for the mix up

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

I'm good with my pc as it is. The value of the consoles is real though in this market.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Xbox is missing new games like eastward its not getting as many games period as PC.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@zaryia: Why are you even talking about PS when the post is about Xbox? You seem to have some SERIOUS inferiority complex, trying to overcompensate for something else. That, and the fact that you're clearly salty at Sony. Lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4  Online

@ahrequenomori said:

@zaryia: Why are you even talking about PS when the post is about Xbox? You seem to have some SERIOUS inferiority complex, trying to overcompensate for something else. That, and the fact that you're clearly salty at Sony. Lol.

TC is heavily Cow leaning. Not justifying the post, but just squaring things up.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zaryia

@ahrequenomori said:

@zaryia: Why are you even talking about PS when the post is about Xbox?

Because PlayStation sucks. Just ask the TC he agrees.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Because I like to play at max settings with mods and consoles are incapable of that.

I only have a PS5 to play the exclusives that have 60fps modes, but so far I've only played PS4 games on it.

I would definitely get a Series X if I no longer wanted to be bothered with PC gaming. I might selly PS5 if the Nvidia leak is true

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

In 2 years both consoles power will be around mid budget ~$300-400 card. Hopefully the stocks gets better by then as well.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@zaryia: It... clearly doesn't. You can argue that PC is better, sure. If it was as bad as you say it is, we wouldn't be talking about it, and you wouldn't be so salty. There must have been a time when you felt it was better, or a game that you really wanted to play was released on it but you couldn't play it on your almighty, does-it-all PC.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ahrequenomori: He can't tell the difference between fit women and men, I wouldn't take his post to seriously. 🤭

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Cause it's not a PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

TC is struggling with his 980 and is trying to justify his purchase of a Series X. 😎

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Because I have higher standards.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

My gawd. I never thought I would see the day, when lemmings start begging pc Gamers to buy ms’s fail machine.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

My gawd. I never thought I would see the day, when lemmings start begging pc Gamers to buy ms’s fail machine.

Did you actually just say that TC is a lemming? lmfao

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Who wants to play at settings lower than the lowest available on pc? WHO? Nobody.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

My hardware is better than consoles. Even if it weren't, many of the best games simply are not on consoles at all.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

If you would suggest a locked box could replace a tool like a PC, then you clearly don't understand.

Consoles are fluff.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

xbox is not "amazing value" when you already have a good PC and hundreds of games.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Steam?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

The Xbox Series consoles are good for those whose PCs are not that powerful anymore.

Mines a 2012 i7, DDR 3 and GTX 1060 6G. But I don't really want to upgrade it any time soon.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@fedor said:

My PC is far more capable than the XSX

Mods

More input options

More games

Emulators

Etc...

All of this. Some games support mouse and keyboard natively on console, but it feels like garbage compared to PC because it limits polling data and Hz in many cases. Also less ability to customize DPI and etc.

Also, I had a stronger PC than the XSX before it was even out with a 9900k/2080 Ti. 😂 Now I've got a 10850k/3090 combo that simply crushes the XSX. You console players can keep that hardware all to yourselves.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

then i would be trapped in the xbox ecosystem.....nah i'm good thanks. i'll stick with the ol PC.

though it is a really crappy time to be buying one at the moment. no getting around that.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Series X is always going to be dynamic 4K (with compromises) anyway you slice it. I can't upgrade a Series X, a PC can run many programs possible at once being the original quick resume machine (alt+tab, baby!), plays way more games than a Series X plus the Xbox games ported to it, is a better emulation machine, runs a horde of other programs or even other OSes if you like, has Steam plus a lot more storefronts, can customize games with sliders, has mods, games have M/K support by default, can actually code games with it.

With a Series X, you just get an Xbox with approved apps. I don't need an Xbox as a dedicated gaming machine anymore.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

If console games had legit customizable settings so I could get 60 fps on every game that's to be released then maybe I would've been ok with it instead of a PC. (But older games would be locked at 30 in most cases, so PC still has a huge advantage .... FPS boost is a great feature though)

Still, I would get a Series X if they weren't so hard to find.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Say the Steam Deck is probably a better proposition, over that or the Switch. it actually is exceptional value.

3. Most of the interesting games pop up on PC. AAA gaming has good titles, but it feels like i'm watching a pyramid scheme most of the time. And that's backed up by oodles of evidence that the big Publishers are cunts.

Steam Deck is definitely best choice out of those. with lower budget and all PC option.

but say If i forced to buy Xbox or playstation. I would rather get Xbox since its more closer to PC than Moviestation (now also marvelstation).

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

My library is on PC, I like playing strategy games and I don't like paying subscriptions.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I will never buy an Xbox again. I had Issues with OG Xbox, and three 360's dying, so I don't trust Cut Corner Console hardware. I don't like being shackled down into an ecosystem system, the games are cheaper on PC, I still get gamepass if I want it, I'll save $420 a gen by NOT paying online taxes, I can play with any controller I want, and my BC game library goes back to the 90's and don't have to wait and beg for Microsoft to bring it over the BC. Oh yeah, and now it's looking like Sony games are coming to the platform too.

Also, the last and biggest reason, initial cost doesn't doesn't mean anything to me because I'm a working adult who can buy what I want.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Because it doesn't play a fraction of the games I like, VR, or my old pc favorites, no mods (no, it really doesn't support them in any way akin to pc), and most games I would rather play with a mouse (yes I know it "supports" that in quotations)

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

So when a cow ask pc gamers why they don’t consider a xbox (cows main competitor) it’s “lol ps”, am right?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Steam Deck is definitely best choice out of those. with lower budget and all PC option.

but say If i forced to buy Xbox or playstation. I would rather get Xbox since its more closer to PC than Moviestation (now also marvelstation).

Or whatever “station“ that’s is more successful on it.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Because I don't want to.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

When you're so jelly and mad at PC that in order to lure people away from it you have to use the platform you hate the most. Damn TC really having a crisis of his life.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@ermacness said:

So when a cow ask pc gamers why they don’t consider a xbox (cows main competitor) it’s “lol ps”, am right?

Well this is a thinly veiled Xbox bash thread for TC. He knew the responses he was going to get. Some people just wanted to make sure he understood the same applies to the PS5.