PC Gamers, Quantum Break is Windows Store Exclusive (non steam) and Windows 10, Are you Happy?

• 160 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

ARTICLE

Windows Microsoft Store MUST, Windows 10 Must. Why they didn't put it on other O/S as Win 7X64 and Steam ???

Reminds me of Halo 2 Vista GFWL lol. Vista and GFWL were biggest turds from M/S EVER, not gonna trust M/S anymore as i'm quite Happy with Steam/Origin/Uplay and my Win 7 X64. Seems they want PC gamers to upgrade to Win 10 and play/buy on Microsoft Store on greed to play QB :(

Discuss :)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

No

But at least I'll get to play it on PC.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Anyone actually expected them to put it on Steam?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

People on PC are accustomed to get their games from the shadiest places like some Idonesian reitailer keys resellers or through Russian vpn. So Windows Store is not the worst out there lol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@indzman: Why is it bad? You do realize you don't have to use any client like for GFWL or Steam or Origin?

You can straight to MS store in 2 seconds into logging in, you can buy it coz its Store opens instantly.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Apparently Windows Store is a recently developed web site, so it still has many vulnerabilities. For example, you could buy Rise of Tomb Raider for 9 bucks from Windows Store if you change your regional setting to Ukraine. I wonder if they patched that up already, I wouldn't mind Quantum Break for 9 dollars at launch lol

http://wccftech.com/rise-tomb-raider-9-windows-store/

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@indzman no Win7 because of DX12?, also upgrade to Win10 is free if you have Win7. ..kinda expected they want to push people to use Win10. :P

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Meh don't care for this game anyways.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Same comment I posted on the article;

"The game being exclusive to the Windows Store is fine with me. I'm not a fan of having every game using the same service, I like things decentralized and to me, that is one of the pros of PC gaming.

Also don't see any inconvenience on using multiple clients. I have all my gaming clients on my taskbar. Just click and launch game. Done."

The only issues that might arise is the use of UAP. Hopefully Nvidia is prepared enough and launches an SLI profile and Geforce Experience support for UAP. I also would like RTSS's overlay to work on UAP programs.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Im happy enought that its only console game of this generation i wanted on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Why would Microsoft not try to make their games exclusive to their storefront? Do you complain when EA makes their games Origin exclusive? I have never seen you make a topic on that. Why is Microsoft singled out and called out on something like that? I see you have no issues with Origin in your own OP.

One of the biggest benefits of PC gaming is its openness. It is the fact that consumers have choice, that no one company has total control over the experience like is the case with console gaming. Steam =/= PC gaming. A game can be available via some alternative storefront, and there's nothing wrong with that.

PC gamers get to play the game on PC, the best version of the game, not some deliberately hampered or hamstrung version of the title like was the case with Gears GFWL or Halo 2 GFWL. Just for once, they should stop bitching, and actually enjoy the game that they all claim to have wanted, instead of continually trying to find reasons to be unhappy with it.

Also, Windows 10 is a free upgrade. It's a free upgrade, and as an OS, it's better than Windows 7 in every possible way. Why resist the free update?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@charizard1605: Because stupid paranoia, and some preconceived irrational fear of change even if learning curve for readjustment of functions and settings is nonexistent. It's not like you lose anything you had on HDD upon initial upgrade, too.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By indzman

@charizard1605 said:

Why would Microsoft not try to make their games exclusive to their storefront? Do you complain when EA makes their games Origin exclusive? I have never seen you make a topic on that. Why is Microsoft singled out and called out on something like that? I see you have no issues with Origin in your own OP.

One of the biggest benefits of PC gaming is its openness. It is the fact that consumers have choice, that no one company has total control over the experience like is the case with console gaming. Steam =/= PC gaming. A game can be available via some alternative storefront, and there's nothing wrong with that.

PC gamers get to play the game on PC, the best version of the game, not some deliberately hampered or hamstrung version of the title like was the case with Gears GFWL or Halo 2 GFWL. Just for once, they should stop bitching, and actually enjoy the game that they all claim to have wanted, instead of continually trying to find reasons to be unhappy with it.

Also, Windows 10 is a free upgrade. It's a free upgrade, and as an OS, it's better than Windows 7 in every possible way. Why resist the free update?

Had very bad experience with GFWL in past, Also Win 10, presently some older games have problems running on Win 10. So far very very Happy with Win7 X64 lol. Hope you understand my concern :)

About Origin, it still didn't let me down as GFWL did Heh.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

I feel indifferent about it. It's just like EA games on Origin, Ubisoft games on uPlay and Rockstar games on Social Club.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Makes absolutely no difference at all, Steam is just a shop and no different to the Windows Store, Origin, Uplay, GoG etc.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I dislike it but getting the game for free on pc for buying digital on Xbox One means Microsoft could wrap the game in questionnaires and I wouldn't mind.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Rarely has a truer statement been made on System Wars, well said sir.

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

Makes absolutely no difference at all, Steam is just a shop and no different to the Windows Store, Origin, Uplay, GoG etc.

Yes it's actually worse than those clients.

I don't care if it's Steam or else. The problem is that the Windows store is too restrictive, almost like a console platform inside your PC.

They can f off.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I'll wait until it appears on Steam. I want to play it, but I'm not that bothered about it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

PC version of Quantum Break > No PC version of quantum break

@freedomfreak said:

Anyone actually expected them to put it on Steam?

Well, everyone keeps claiming that if you don't put your game on Steam, it won't sell (which I don't believe, but there are a lot of arguments that support that claim)

But I expect to see no MS games to be on steam moving forward. Just like EA moved off the platform.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Sales suicide.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Didn't know that. A lack of competition might be bad for gamers that aren't in the US. If the pricing is anything like it is on Xbox Live then chances are that they could be quite high.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I have Win10 and I am happy with it but I wont buy anything on Windows store unless its for a couple of quid. I remember what happened to the games on GFWL and I do not trust MS to not do the same thing again. MS are limiting it to Win 10 because they want people to use Win 10 and XBLive. Quantum Break along with DX12 are being used as tools to accomplish that just like Halo 2 and DX10 was for Vista and GFWL.

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

Will you be able to pirate it now

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By indzman

@pelvist said:

I have Win10 and I am happy with it but I wont buy anything on Windows store unless its for a couple of quid. I remember what happened to the games on GFWL and I do not trust MS to not do the same thing again. MS are limiting it to Win 10 because they want people to use Win 10 and XBLive. Quantum Break along with DX12 are being used as tools to accomplish that just like Halo 2 and DX10 was for Vista and GFWL.

Very much this. I'll wait , if i get good response from users about no problems with QB on Win 10 and Win 10 more stable/compatible with older games i'll upgrade. Presently i'm quite happy with Win7 X64 :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 indzman

@razik said:

It will be Denuvo + Protected For Sure lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@indzman: I been using Windows 10 almost a year now with little to no problems at all, so this doesn't bother me at all. Since I pre-order the Xbox One digital version for QB, I get the PC version for free :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By indzman

@davillain- said:

@indzman: I been using Windows 10 almost a year now with little to no problems at all, so this doesn't bother me at all. Since I pre-order the Xbox One digital version for QB, I get the PC version for free :P

Enjoy both versions Mr D, keep me updated on the PC version :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 indzman

@kwns said:

I amazed people thought this would end up steam?

The whole point of bringing xbox games to PC is so that more gamer's would adopt Windows 10 OS. How would crossplay and crossbuy work if the game came to Steam? Why bother pre-installing a xbox app for PC?

Third party studio wants PC gamer's to use DX12 and Windows 10 in the future so they can have better games. EA last year said they want Battlefield 5 to be a DX12 game so they want more PC gamers using Dx12

Sorry, not getting you.

Steam will become obsolete as it won't play DX 12 games?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@indzman said:

Enjoy both versions Mr D, keep me updated on the PC version :)

Rodger Dodger :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever

@indzman said:
@razik said:

I hope not. its very anti customer and ruined games.

games without denuvo sold more. and FYI nearly all denuvo games has been cracked.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 indzman

@ghosts4ever said:
@indzman said:
@razik said:

games without denuvo sold more. and FYI nearly all denuvo games has been cracked.

They will get cracked eventually but taking months atm. I read Rise of The Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 is very difficult to crack currently. All EA games like Mass Effect Andromeda or Major games as Quantum Break will have Denuvo for sure i'm guessing :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indzman

@kwns said:
@indzman said:
@kwns said:

I amazed people thought this would end up steam?

The whole point of bringing xbox games to PC is so that more gamer's would adopt Windows 10 OS. How would crossplay and crossbuy work if the game came to Steam? Why bother pre-installing a xbox app for PC?

Third party studio wants PC gamer's to use DX12 and Windows 10 in the future so they can have better games. EA last year said they want Battlefield 5 to be a DX12 game so they want more PC gamers using Dx12

Sorry, not getting you.

No, but you have to have Windows 10 installed to use it. MS and third party devs can't make DX12 Windows 10 games if gamers stay on Windows 7 and 8

Ahhh, so we can play any DX 12 games be it on Steam or Origin, but have to've Win 10 installed. Ty for the info :)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever
@indzman said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@indzman said:
@razik said:

They will get cracked eventually but taking months atm. I read Rise of The Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 is very difficult to crack currently. All EA games like Mass Effect Andromeda or Major games as Quantum Break will have Denuvo for sure i'm guessing :)

so far every denuvo game has been horrible performance wise. batman AK ruined because of denuvo.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

It means I can't get the PC version on the cheap, so I will buy the Xbox version and get the W10 free version and play that one.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

So their first order of business is this super duper "move for gamers" is to limit the way PC gamers can play the game by making it exclusive to their terrible store?

Oh MS, you so quirky

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By indzman

@kwns said:
@indzman said:
@kwns said:
@indzman said:

Sorry, not getting you.

No, but you have to have Windows 10 installed to use it. MS and third party devs can't make DX12 Windows 10 games if gamers stay on Windows 7 and 8

Ahhh, so we can play any DX 12 games be it on Steam or Origin, but have to've Win 10 installed. Ty for the info :)

Just Windows 10 correct.

From what i read if more PC gamers adopt Windows 10, porting games will be easier and faster. And costs for development games is lower. Benefits for both sides.

Cool. I'll wait and if i see good responses on Win 10 only games, i'll definately upgrade :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Sales suicide.

I don't understand.

All PC gamers are pirates so how could you have less or more sales by putting it on a certain service ? :/

You sing a different tune everytime it fits you...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

X-posted from the "Why cows don't like their exclusives?" thread that Cowizard locked, relevant to this thread, so feel free to jump on the discussion:

@lamprey263 said:

I have a theory about the cow meltdown here ever since Quantum Break has been said to go PC. Normally they'd enjoy the usual NeoGAF Sony fanboy safe-space to have a MS hating circle jerk but apparently they've been very positive about their hopes for the game there recently which must have the typical MS-hating Sony-obsessing fanboy with nowhere else to act like their typical ridiculous selves, so they've been spending much more time here, beating the same dead horse. Crying like La Llorona, then accusing others of being the sourpusses.

@cainetao11 said:

Quite keenly noticed. QB has gotten positive hope fors gaf wise. I like what GS vids and articles are saying about the need for strategic deployment of time powers and overwhelming encounters. Nothing gets my heart pumping like a great firefight. April has a lot of promise.

@Salt_The_Fries said:

There are multiple reports of this phenomena occuring all around the world in a synchronous fashion regardless of language and region. This might be a breakthrough in "hivemind cow" theory which had previously existed only as a hypothesis.

Eliza Cassan, Reporting to you Live from Picus.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Would rather have it be unrestricted to any software platform. But it doesn't sound like a big deal.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naughtyottsel

@nyadc said:

Well damn man, I just gained some respect for you for calling out how bloody stupid this move is.

High five and if you ever wanna talk about SEGA or games in general, PM's are now open for you.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

We have Origins, Uplay, GoG ...now add this one to the list .... nothing's changed really ...i don't get this bias toward Steam , yeah it's the perfect platform and i love it but expecting MS to release its title on Steam is nonsensical.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@kwns said:

no ability to use Vsync? Pretty sure thats a menu option that comes with all games. Nivida panel has all those options. Cross/SLI support is easier with DX12 not sure where he got hes information from? Why can't he see files the game has to install to the harddrive? Windows 10 doesn't have full screen thats nonsense.

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 store doesn't have exclusive full screen, this means the game is running in a borderless window when it appears to be in full screen. When a game is running borderless window the desktop is prioritized, the game is not taking primary control of the renderer, the game is overlayed. Because of this the refresh rate in the game cannot be synchronized with the monitor refresh rate thus Vsync is not possible, this also removes the ability for Crossfire/SLI to function.

Windows 10 store game files are hidden, they cannot be accessed, no .exe is available, no game folder, there's no access to any of this stuff.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 naughtyottsel

@nyadc said:
@kwns said:

no ability to use Vsync? Pretty sure thats a menu option that comes with all games. Nivida panel has all those options. Cross/SLI support is easier with DX12 not sure where he got hes information from? Why can't he see files the game has to install to the harddrive? Windows 10 doesn't have full screen thats nonsense.

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 store doesn't have exclusive full screen, this means the game is running in a borderless window when it appears to be in full screen. When a game is running borderless window the desktop is prioritized, the game is not taking primary control of the renderer, the game is overlayed. Because of this the refresh rate in the game cannot be synchronized with the monitor refresh rate thus Vsync is not possible, this also removes the ability for Crossfire/SLI to function.

Windows 10 store game files are hidden, they cannot be accessed, no .exe is available, no game folder, there's no access to any of this stuff.

You own it on Windows 10 store?