pc gamers picking up an xbox1/and or ps4 how will you split the games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Im picking up an xbox1 on the 22nd of nov..my split looks like this.

Xbox one:

Ryse,forza5,KI,nba2k14,madden,DR3

Pc:battlefield4,cod ghost,watchdogs.

Best of both worlds..

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
As usual, console for exclusives, PC for everything else.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
PS4 for exclusives, PC for mulitplats. I'm getting the PS4 edition of Watchdogs though for some strange reason :P
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Consoles for exclusives and PC for exclusives and multiplats, like others said.

I'm getting the PS4 edition of Watchdogs though for some strange reason :Pclyde46

It has an hours worth of extra content right ?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

All multiplats go to PC (except for indies, might possibly double-dip), exclusives stay on consoles

Only exceptions to this rule are timed-exclusive games.  I may purchase those first on consoles instead of PC due to the disparity in release schedules.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I'll get a PS4 and Wii U someday, when the library of both systems increase and the price goes down. Anyways, like always, exclusives on consoles, multiplats on PC. Only strange scenarios I might get a multiplat on console is that said version is better on PS4 or Wii U.
granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 granddogg
PS4 for exclusives, PC for mulitplats. I'm getting the PS4 edition of Watchdogs though for some strange reason :Pclyde46
I never had this choice i been an console only guy for my 25yrs of gaming got to say im glad i put this pc togeather this year..
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rjdofu
It has an hours worth of extra content right ?R4gn4r0k
Given Ubisoft, would take that with a grain of salt, the "1 hour worth of extra content" in AC3 can be finished in 30 min.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Im picking up an xbox1 on the 22nd of nov..my split looks like this.

Xbox one:

Ryse,forza5,KI,nba2k14,madden,DR3

Pc:battlefield4,cod ghost,watchdogs.

Best of both worlds..

granddogg

Nooooo. you're doing it wrong! CoD is always best on console! Battlefield is the PC shooter :)

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inggrish

For me I'll be getting:

PS4:

Watch Dogs

Killzone

Call of Duty Ghosts (maybe)

PC:

Battlefield 4

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clyde46

Consoles for exclusives and PC for exclusives and multiplats, like others said.

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I'm getting the PS4 edition of Watchdogs though for some strange reason :PR4gn4r0k

It has an hours worth of extra content right ?

I think so, but the choice of bundled games was limited. I had a choice of KZ or WatchDogs.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inggrish

PS4 for exclusives, PC for mulitplats. I'm getting the PS4 edition of Watchdogs though for some strange reason :Pclyde46

I am too. I think maybe because it looks like it will control better on PS4? Or maybe just because need a decent PS4 game at launch? I don't even know myself when I have a capable pc too :P

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

I'll get a PS4 for Netflix / streaming.

IF there is an exclusive worth playing, obviously I'll try it.  (RDR was the only one last gen)

But PC for everything else.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
As usual, console for exclusives, PC for everything else. rjdofu
Pretty much the way it's going to be for me and the new PS4.
granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 granddogg

[QUOTE="granddogg"]

Nooooo. you're doing it wrong! CoD is always best on console! Battlefield is the PC shooter :)

_Matt_

[QUOTE="clyde46"]PS4 for exclusives, PC for mulitplats. I'm getting the PS4 edition of Watchdogs though for some strange reason :P_Matt_

I am too. I think maybe because it looks like it will control better on PS4? Or maybe just because need a decent PS4 game at launch? I don't even know myself when I have a capable pc too :P

really? Why ? Didnt know tjis
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inggrish

I don't even know really, but I've always thought CoD is best on consoles, BF on pc. Probably because CoD never pushes graphics so that reason is not there for needing pc version. Alsoi X1 version has dedicated servers. And the controls always felt better to me on console than on pc for it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

Given Ubisoft, would take that with a grain of salt, the "1 hour worth of extra content" in AC3 can be finished in 30 min.rjdofu

Yeah, I'm not more inclined to get a PS4 and that version because of that. I'll be getting the PC version because it was lead platform, though I hope Ubisoft didn't downgrade the graphics like everyone is thinking.

I think so, but the choice of bundled games was limited. I had a choice of KZ or WatchDogs. clyde46

Not a fan of Killzone I take it ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k

I don't even know really, but I've always thought CoD is best on consoles, BF on pc. Probably because CoD never pushes graphics so that reason is not there for needing pc version. Alsoi X1 version has dedicated servers. And the controls always felt better to me on console than on pc for it.

_Matt_

PC always had the best version of COD up until Modern Warfare 2, that game took a lot of PC specific features out of the game and charged more money for it. So now yeah I would agree with you: no reason to get COD on PC over the console version. Unless you hate playing FPS with a controller.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

PS4 for exclusives, PC for mulitplats.clyde46
Pretty much this. I'll probably be getting Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PS4, though.

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

Xbox games I get will be the ones my casual friends and family buy for the multiplayer. PC for everything else.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clyde46

I don't think KZ will hold my attention for that long. 

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

clyde46

The multiplayer looks interesting, but there will be better games than that. But the PS4 won't have that many games at first so there is just COD and BF for competition.

But for me the singleplayer is the most interesting part. I really liked the singleplayer in KZ2&3, that's probably because I like shooting Nazis and the Helghast are just Space Nazis. Also there are a lot of fun to use weapons in Killzone. Only problem I have is that they are ditching the story set in KZ2&3 while it wasn't closed off yet.

To me KZ:SF is the most interesting launch game in general, not just for PS4. Have you played previous KZ games ?

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

PC for all the multiplats and all the exclusives,consoles for their exclusives only(as of now,not a single one).

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rjdofu

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

R4gn4r0k

The multiplayer looks interesting, but there will be better games than that. But the PS4 won't have that many games at first so there is just COD and BF for competition.

But for me the singleplayer is the most interesting part. I really liked the singleplayer in KZ2&3, that's probably because I like shooting Nazis and the Helghast are just Space Nazis. Also there are a lot of fun to use weapons in Killzone. Only problem I have is that they are ditching the story set in KZ2&3 while it wasn't closed off yet.

To me KZ:SF is the most interesting launch game in general, not just for PS4. Have you played previous KZ games ?

I'm not interested in KZ, but I think this one is potentially better than the last one storywise (no Rico BS), and I kinda like the setting of 2 worlds separated by a big wall.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

PS4: KZ4 and Infamous:SS plus sports games that I like.

PC: Everything else including multiplats and FPS games.

I'm willing to put more multiplats on the PS4 if there's mouse/keyboard support for FPS games.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Exclusives, console only multiplats and some other multiplats for my PS4 and X1, while PC for most multiplats.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

I'm not interested in KZ, but I think this one is potentially better than the last one storywise (no Rico BS), and I kinda like the setting of 2 worlds separated by a big wall.rjdofu

It does have an interesting setting, I agree. Their previous games were nazis in space so this is clearly the Berlin Wall in space. But I just think it's stupid there are 2 Killzone games this year, and not a single one follows up on the ending of KZ3.

What's the big deal with Rico anyway ? Why does the whole world seem to hate him ?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

What's the big deal with Rico anyway ? Why does the whole world seem to hate him ?

R4gn4r0k

He gets in my line of fire way too often. Makes me want to shoot him instead. :lol:

Whenever Rico gets incapacitated, I just let him lie there until I'm done clearing out the Helghast.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The only way anyone could/should ever split the games is multiplats on PC and exclusives on console.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]I'm not interested in KZ, but I think this one is potentially better than the last one storywise (no Rico BS), and I kinda like the setting of 2 worlds separated by a big wall.R4gn4r0k

It does have an interesting setting, I agree. Their previous games were nazis in space so this is clearly the Berlin Wall in space. But I just think it's stupid there are 2 Killzone games this year, and not a single one follows up on the ending of KZ3.

'cus he's an annoying c*nt. I think they'll continue the main event in KZ4. Shadow Fall take place after the 30 years time-skip, so GG will probably tries to put something in the middle in their future releases.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

R4gn4r0k

Well, I'm down for the Watchdogs bundle but I might see whats on offer when I pick it up.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I am buying the PS4, but not at launch. It will go the same as it did this gen. All games that can be bought on PC will be bought on PC. All games that are on PS4, but not on PC will be bought for PS4. If my kids end up wanting a multiplat game for the PS4, that is the only time a multiplat will be bought for the PS4 and if I also want the game, I will buy a copy for my PC as well. So basicly the PS4 is for exclusives only other than when what my kids want comes into play.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

i would just get all the multi plats for PC

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I'll be getting all multiplatform games on PC and exclusives and console exclusives on the PS4. The games I'm most excited about are the following:

(In order from most excited for to least excited for)

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
  • Battlefield 4 (PC)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins (PC)
  • inFamous Second Son (PS4)
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Easy: not picking either the x1 or the ps4.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

PS4 for exclusives and sports games.

PC for multiplats and PC exclusives.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

PS4: TBA games

PC: Watchdogs, BF4

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I think I might only get Watch Dogs on PC, maybe other PC games as well. I'll wait for some worthwhile exclusives on console, like Destiny. (worthwhile for me)