PC gamers are you enjoying Halo MCC on your gamepass/steam? Impression so far?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Halo 4 is already on beta test. I'm replaying the Halo campaigns all over gain ( Had Halo 1 CE A, Halo 3, Reach, ODST and 4 on Xbox 360) on normal/legendary atm to get most of the single player steam acheivements. Will play its mp later on.Enjoying it so much 9/10.MCC got one of best collection content easily in gaming history.

Impression specially from those who are playing Halo 3,Reach,ODST for first time, including mp?

Well?

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

15753

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15753 Posts

I'm definitely enjoying those games, I finished all of them and am now waiting for Halo 4 to drop.

Not a big mp guy but I do like firefight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

I'm definitely enjoying those games, I finished all of them and am now waiting for Halo 4 to drop.

Not a big mp guy but I do like firefight.

The upgraded graphics are awesome as well , if you notice by switiching the gameplay mode specially in Halo 1 and 2.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16514

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#4 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16514 Posts

Beat all 3 of them recently. they are better than todays third person and AAA open world games. there it is. even a frekaing Halo which fall flat compare to PC FPS is better than todays generic open world games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Beat all 3 of them recently. they are better than todays third person and AAA open world games. there it is. even a frekaing Halo which fall flat compare to PC FPS is better than todays generic open world games.

OMG. U got into Halo as well??? + 1

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16514

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#6 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16514 Posts

@magnum3000 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Beat all 3 of them recently. they are better than todays third person and AAA open world games. there it is. even a frekaing Halo which fall flat compare to PC FPS is better than todays generic open world games.

OMG. U got into Halo as well??? + 1

Some of todays games are so bad that it make me appreciate Halo and MGS.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

13141

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 13141 Posts

I actually haven't played MCC on PC yet. I played MCC on X1 a few years back and I am not itching to get back into Halo. I have too many games in my backlog.

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

15753

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15753 Posts

@magnum3000 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

I'm definitely enjoying those games, I finished all of them and am now waiting for Halo 4 to drop.

Not a big mp guy but I do like firefight.

The upgraded graphics are awesome as well , if you notice by switiching the gameplay mode specially in Halo 1 and 2.

Well it's actually only in Halo 1 and 2. I felt stupid trying to switch graphics in Halo Reach 😒

But the graphics are good enough tbh, hard to believe sometimes that these are all X360 games.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

57408

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57408 Posts

Just got finished playing from Reach through to ODST. Might do a coop run if my brother has time.

Just gotta wait on some Halo 4 now.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

14484

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14484 Posts

I'm puttering away on it. Good games, to be sure. I'm just not the fan of FPS that I once was

Avatar image for dimebag667
dimebag667

1594

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1594 Posts

I'm only into CE for multiplayer, and this is still built on the bones of the atrocious gearbox port...so it's useless to me.

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

10590

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10590 Posts

They're 10+ year old games that feel 10+ years old on PC. They're nice to revisit for nostalgia and at least they're in one collection and a good price for what you get.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

10384

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#14 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 10384 Posts

I played a bit of Halo Reach, couldn't get into it. too CoD-like.

Skipped Halo CE since I played it too much a while ago on PC.

finished Halo 2, it was alright.

Got bored part way through Halo 3 campaign and didn't finish it.

Uninstalled it a month ago.

thats pretty much that. I reckon they took too long to release it on PC, games have not aged brilliantly and are pretty dated now.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35682

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35682 Posts

Halo 3 and Reach feel amazing on PC. I really enjoyed playing those and they can go toe to toe with any PC FPS.

Played Halo ODST but it was just awful imho. I wasn't having any fun with the glorified Halo 3 expansion whatsoever.

Halo 1&2 are still good games, but they have definitely aged.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

44648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44648 Posts

As a Halo fan who grew up with the legendary Xbox, Halo has been a great franchise to me over the past decades and still to this day. I bought Halo Master Chief Collection on Steam, I don't want to use Game Pass on it, I want to own it and since then, I been enjoying the Halo games that were made by Bungie (except Halo 4 which Bungie didn't make) during the golden age of OG Xbox/360 eras. But yeah, I been heavenly enjoying MCC, replaying Halo CE was a nice trip to nostalgic moment but I gotta say, CE is still fun to play on its original graphic but replaying Halo 2 in its remastered update was the most impressive compare to CE remastered. I give MCC an 8/10.

(Patiently waits for Halo: Infinite)

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

37746

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37746 Posts

Unless you're doing legendary co-op with friends you're not doing it right.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63235

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63235 Posts

Love having Halo 2 back. The campaign is cheeks. Halo 3 campaign is better than I remembered, actually good, ngl. But the multiplayer is still a disappointing downgrade from 2 mechanically, and the maps, egad.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

93

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#20 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 93 Posts

Being able to play Halo 2 and Halo 3 MP again after so many years is great, i skipped xbox one so having gamepass available on PC has been clutch

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

48549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 48549 Posts

Absolutely not.

The games have aged horribly , it's buggy as hell and two of the games didn't even launch properly (I had to mess around with it a bunch and eventually install it on my "clean" OS-only drive, which I hate to do).

And, frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about Halo. Master Chief is cool, the lore is cool...but the game is so weak. Nothing feels substantial. And for 98% of the time if you just duck and recharge, you're essentially invulnerable....for the other 2% you die in some cheap fashion like your car flips over and you fall off a cliff.

With that said, I don't think the MCC has been terrible. I just don't see any reason to play those games when there are significantly better games, old and new, to be played. Lots of hype for nothing imo.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

44648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44648 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Absolutely not.

The games have aged horribly well, it's buggy as hell and two of the games didn't even launch properly (I had to mess around with it a bunch and eventually install it on my "clean" OS-only drive, which I hate to do).

And, frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about Halo. Master Chief is cool, the lore is cool...but the game is so weak. Nothing feels substantial. And for 98% of the time if you just duck and recharge, you're essentially invulnerable....for the other 2% you die in some cheap fashion like your car flips over and you fall off a cliff.

As a Halo guy, Halo CE in itself is almost 19 years old, (this November) you have to be their when Xbox was new to the gaming world to appreciate what Halo did back then and now. The only reason why MCC get's so many praises is because of the nostalgic for those who been following and playing Halo from Xbox to Xbox One and onward to Halo: Infinite for XSX coming next year. I have played Halo for almost 2 decades, (damn that's old indeed) the series is fun in it's own right but playing them again on PC really bring the joy even more so. 2v2s on Combat Evolved is still objectively the best and most competitive Halo experience. Halo 2 is a very close second though, and I'm the biggest Halo fan you'll ever meet.

Halo Combat Evolved has aged well, not on Crysis level but you'll get my point. Heck, I think playing it on its original graphics is fine to me then playing it on remake mode but Halo 2 however aged badly, it really needed that remake just for that. Halo 3, Reach, ODST, & 4 still looks good by today's standards. But like I said, it all comes down if you was there day 1 with Xbox and the release of Combat Evolved to love the series.

Edit: Excuse my Halo rant, I love the franchise and it still has a special place in my heart and I love the Campaigns for this series but NOT you Halo 5!!!

Avatar image for Yams1980
Yams1980

4106

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#23 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 4106 Posts

Had fun so far playing them. Most fun was with the original Halo since its my favourite but I really like how they also improved the graphics for Halo 2.

It's too bad they didn't do anything much to improve Halo 3 graphics like they did with Halo 1 and 2... although I guess it was a newer game and didn't need as much.

I'm playing these a bit at a time since you can't really play them one after another without a break, its just too much. Still working on Halo 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#24 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Absolutely not.

The games have aged horribly , it's buggy as hell and two of the games didn't even launch properly (I had to mess around with it a bunch and eventually install it on my "clean" OS-only drive, which I hate to do).

And, frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about Halo. Master Chief is cool, the lore is cool...but the game is so weak. Nothing feels substantial. And for 98% of the time if you just duck and recharge, you're essentially invulnerable....for the other 2% you die in some cheap fashion like your car flips over and you fall off a cliff.

With that said, I don't think the MCC has been terrible. I just don't see any reason to play those games when there are significantly better games, old and new, to be played. Lots of hype for nothing imo.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

26802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26802 Posts

It did little more than to remind me how average Halo is. Stopped being fun just after a few hours. Probably wont touch again.

Avatar image for netracing
netracing

888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26 netracing
Member since 2018 • 888 Posts

I only ever played the first one and got this to give the rest a go but I got bored of it pretty quickly. Didn't find it offered my anything different enough to keep the interest there.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

48549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 48549 Posts

@magnum3000 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Absolutely not.

The games have aged horribly , it's buggy as hell and two of the games didn't even launch properly (I had to mess around with it a bunch and eventually install it on my "clean" OS-only drive, which I hate to do).

And, frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about Halo. Master Chief is cool, the lore is cool...but the game is so weak. Nothing feels substantial. And for 98% of the time if you just duck and recharge, you're essentially invulnerable....for the other 2% you die in some cheap fashion like your car flips over and you fall off a cliff.

With that said, I don't think the MCC has been terrible. I just don't see any reason to play those games when there are significantly better games, old and new, to be played. Lots of hype for nothing imo.

Funny monkey reaction aside, what is your main issue with what I said?

I just don't like the routine to the game. Go out and shoot for a bit, hear the "beep beep beep" warning of a low shield, duck behind cover and wait for the "rrrrrrrrrrrrooop" of the recharge to occur, then repeat.

Guns have no recoil, no aim down sight (which is a design choice, I get it...I just dont like it)...I shoot the main assault rifle and I feel like I could piss harder than it shoots.

As for multiplayer, I'm not really into MP that much these days so there's no big draw for me there. I think its time has come and gone, however.

Still looking forward to Infinite, though, against my better judgement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@magnum3000 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Absolutely not.

The games have aged horribly , it's buggy as hell and two of the games didn't even launch properly (I had to mess around with it a bunch and eventually install it on my "clean" OS-only drive, which I hate to do).

And, frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about Halo. Master Chief is cool, the lore is cool...but the game is so weak. Nothing feels substantial. And for 98% of the time if you just duck and recharge, you're essentially invulnerable....for the other 2% you die in some cheap fashion like your car flips over and you fall off a cliff.

With that said, I don't think the MCC has been terrible. I just don't see any reason to play those games when there are significantly better games, old and new, to be played. Lots of hype for nothing imo.

Funny monkey reaction aside, what is your main issue with what I said?

Surprised a vet like you not into Halo.

Its mp for one being one of the the most addicting till date.Also curious, have you tried playing halo campaigns on legendary? You keep saying Halo is easy. Asking as they unlock acheivements , unlockable challenges (Skulls).Halo campaigns on legendary are definately not faint of heart, super fun with freinds (co op). I'm not even going into its lore , story and music of Halo universe.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

48549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 48549 Posts

@magnum3000: that's a constant internal debate for me, difficulty setting.

On one hand, I like to make progress and I tend to rage-quit too easily. On the other hand, I often find games boring and upping the difficulty might make it a bit more exciting. Idunno maybe I should increase the difficulty, see how it fits. Not the most amazing player in the world but I'm definitely better than the easiest setting :P

It's the struggle between me wanting to relax vs. me wanting to have fun but maybe having to work at it a bit.

Last game I experimented with in terms of difficulty was the COD: MW campaign and I tried a couple missions on the "realism" difficulty and it was a lot of fun.

I'm playing through Metro Exodus right now (again, on easy) and it's fun but not challenging. Might try increasing the difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@magnum3000: that's a constant internal debate for me, difficulty setting.

On one hand, I like to make progress and I tend to rage-quit too easily. On the other hand, I often find games boring and upping the difficulty might make it a bit more exciting. Idunno maybe I should increase the difficulty, see how it fits. Not the most amazing player in the world but I'm definitely better than the easiest setting :P

It's the struggle between me wanting to relax vs. me wanting to have fun but maybe having to work at it a bit.

Last game I experimented with in terms of difficulty was the COD: MW campaign and I tried a couple missions on the "realism" difficulty and it was a lot of fun.

I'm playing through Metro Exodus right now (again, on easy) and it's fun but not challenging. Might try increasing the difficulty.

Which Halo games have you tried so far?

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

48549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 48549 Posts

@magnum3000: Halo: Reach, 3, and ODST.

I played OG Halo 1 a long time ago, but I never played any of the others so I am working my way through them.

You've convinced me BTW I think I will go back and give them another try. Probably start with Reach, that's a prequel right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@magnum3000: Halo: Reach, 3, and ODST.

I played OG Halo 1 a long time ago, but I never played any of the others so I am working my way through them.

You've convinced me BTW I think I will go back and give them another try. Probably start with Reach, that's a prequel right?

Yup Yup

We read each others thought. Try with Reach, normal difficulty to get a feel of the map, easy collectibles and acheivements for next legendary runthrough with freinds. Its a visual treat and lots of vehicular and space action to get your attention. Also guns feel different from Halo 1. You will get story of Halo 1 easily this way. If you already played 1 , go with 2 and 3 next.Don't skip , as Halo 3 will be another treat for you as a definite end to the saga. After 3 finish ODST, lastly 4. I'm pretty sure playing Reach first you will enjoy Halo series more.

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

4206

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#33 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4206 Posts

I only ever had a passing interest in Halo, but that collection is too generous to pass up. Plan to buy it sometime after I upgrade my computer. Whenever that happens.

MS makes a lot of mistakes, but their collections are the best. MCC, Rare Replay, KI 1 and 2 as a bonus with the new game. Who could argue with any of that?