PC game that is superior on PS4

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@tormentos: I don't remember asking about a 7850 running at 2560x1440

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#102 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

So tired of this BS marketing devs are doing now, all they are doing is giving false information that the average person would know nothing about. I fail to believe PS4 could produce better graphics than a 7990 or Titan, they are most likely making that statement knowing that most Steam users don't have powerhouse PC's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Another nail in the coffin of PC gaming, is it not dead yet?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#104 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Finally a game that (according to PR stunt) looks better on consoles (in short 14+ years of Playstation history)

My Take : This is going to look as better on consoles as Tomb Raider Definitive Edition did .

(Hint : It didn't)

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@Gue1: Let me see. An unreleased game we have zero footage of. No actual proof to collaborate what one guy supposedly said, and everybody believes it ?

How about you make a thread with, you know, with that thing called evidence that consolites refuse to bring up to the SW discussions. I mean, screenshots and videos. Until then I call it bullshit.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Yeah & Tomb Raider looked way better on PS4 & Crysis looked better on PS3

Exactly my point . This game had been in development for over 8 years .

First it was announced as Single Player game for for Xbox 360 only . Then they said it is also coming to PS3 . Then they said it is coming to PC and Xbox 360 , few months after that it was announced that Xbox 360 version won't be released and this game is now PC exclusive which will combine RTS and Third Person Action games . Year or Two later , they said this game is also coming to PS3 . Few years later , official announcement said that this is now converted into MMO and now will be making its way to PS4 as well as PC . Sure we can trust whatever they say , just like Definitive Edition .

Consoles are great for whatever they were created . But Consoles will NEVER have better visuals than PC , anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant .

It is so sad to see that our fellow console gamers can be so easily lied to , on the name of "Next Gen" .

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

The PS4 is stronger than a 7850 do the math for your self and find out why i quoted the card..lol

@slimdogmilionar said:

So tired of this BS marketing devs are doing now, all they are doing is giving false information that the average person would know nothing about. I fail to believe PS4 could produce better graphics than a 7990 or Titan, they are most likely making that statement knowing that most Steam users don't have powerhouse PC's.

Probably lack of effort on their part,there is no way the PS4 can beat anything stronger than a 7870..

@Cloud_imperium said:

Finally a game that (according to PR stunt) looks better on consoles (in short 14+ years of Playstation history)

My Take : This is going to look as better on consoles as Tomb Raider Definitive Edition did .

(Hint : It didn't)

Even if it was 1,it would be 1 to many PC are suppose to perform better because they have upgradable cards,also maybe you miss March 2000,when the PS2 took PC for a spin..lol

Or 1998 when the DC got out,not to mention Arcade board schooled PC as well and Sega was basically the king of graphics in the mid 90's,PC haven't always been king.

This game in special is just probably lack of effort,there are way stronger GPU on PC.

@Cloud_imperium said:

First it was announced as Single Player game for for Xbox 360 only . Then they said it is also coming to PS3 . Then they said it is coming to PC and Xbox 360 , few months after that it was announced that Xbox 360 version won't be released and this game is now PC exclusive which will combine RTS and Third Person Action games . Year or Two later , they said this game is also coming to PS3 . Few years later , official announcement said that this is now converted into MMO and now will be making its way to PS4 as well as PC . Sure we can trust whatever they say , just like Definitive Edition .

Consoles are great for whatever they were created . But Consoles will NEVER have better visuals than PC , anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant .

It is so sad to see that our fellow console gamers can be so easily lied to , on the name of "Next Gen" .

Those screen comparison were made vs the xbox one version,which has half resolution effects,some problems with textures and 900p cut scenes,i remember,also the console version has wind simulation something missing in the PC version,and has more things flying around to like leaves.

Also based on the comparison done by DF in their chasing the 1080p 60 FPS dream,when they used the R270 which is a refresh 7870 they had to turn off tressFX,because on PC the frames would drop from 60 to 28 FPS,which mean that if you want a complete package buy something stronger,which by steam stats represent a minority of the gamers out there..

Once again you were not here on march 2000,nor were here when the 360 launched with a stronger than PC GPU...

It has happen many times,you just don't see it or ignore it.

Now in this particular case i know it is because lack of effort there are stronger GPU on PC right now..

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

console kids will always believe what ever you tell them if I was a developer I would just feed them with the lies they all love. I would hate to be the one that tells the kids there is no santa.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@SamiRDuran said:

console kids will always believe what ever you tell them if I was a developer I would just feed them with the lies they all love. I would hate to be the one that tells the kids there is no santa.

+1

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

As opposed to 99% of console games being better on the PC?
The only thing that developer is proving is it´s own incompetence,and if it was on a game anyone cared about that might have been somewhat of a thing,as it is,not even close lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Shitty devs should not be celebrated

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Cloud_imperium

@tormentos:

1. Nah , if developers are lazy , modders always take care of it .

2. You don't have any source which proves that the footage is from Xbox One version . Even if it is , it doesn't change the fact that it is from console version known as "Definitive Edition" . To be fair , despite running at lower resolution , Xbox One version have better particle effects than PS4 . Watch IGN comparison .

3. Digital Foundry Says :

"A direct comparison with the PC

version set to the ultimate quality preset reveals some large

discrepancies between the Definitive Editions compared with the full-fat

PC experience. Aspects such as tessellation are missing on the

characters and environments, with some of these elements appearing more

blocky on the PS4 and Xbox One as a result. Meanwhile, motion blur is

used much more sparingly, while texture resolution is noticeably lower

in some cases."

"Running with the ultimate preset enabled

and the original TressFX in action, it's clear that the Definitive

Edition delivers an upgrade in select areas, but fails to trump the PC

game in all respects. Certainly, when it comes to running at 1080p60 -

or with even higher resolutions and frame-rate - no other platform can

truly offer a PC-beating experience.""

murray69murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 murray69murray
Member since 2013 • 127 Posts

This is hilarious, made my day.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#114 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@HaloinventedFPS said:

But her eye's are different. Thus, justifying paying half of a hundred dollars.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup: LMAO . Good one .

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#116 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@HaloinventedFPS said:

But her eye's are different. Thus, justifying paying half of a hundred dollars.

rofl

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@tormentos: I played tomb raider with tres on and on ultra at 1080p with an over clocked 7850. An r9 would have been fine

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@tormentos said:

@scatteh316 said:

The PS4 is stronger than a 7850 do the math for your self and find out why i quoted the card..lol

That's not what I asked though is it you **** tard.... I asked can PS4 do 2560x1440? And answer is a nice simple NO.....

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

This happens all the time when you consider how badly ported games go to pc sometimes. If true though their is zero reason outside laziness to not port it right, as the architecture isn't that far off. Besides the article giving out of context info, I highly doubt it will look "worse".

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Even I have to laugh at the raging that happens when something like this comes along.

Everyone reasonable here knows what high end PC hardware is capable of, and most of us have a gaming capable PC. There's no need to spend this much energy on something so obvious.

Gotta let some things go, master race!

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

lol sigh....

@Gue1 said:

When asked about the graphics differences between PC and PS4 versions in an interview with 2P, Lee stated:

”A little hard to tell you right now because if the PC users know, they will be very angry. PS4 has much better graphics. PS4 graphics quality will be much better and higher than the PC version.”

http://gamingbolt.com/kingdom-under-fire-ii-ps4-graphics-better-and-higher-than-pc-version#4P1pc4debmUiHgGK.99

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

@tormentos: Yes it will and I am happy!

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Vaasman said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@lostrib: meltdown confirmed. B-)

Bro, you have to be the worst troll. Learn from some of the greats, like Saolin... Actually, he was pretty bad as well.

Remember when trolls actually had to be clever or amusing to avoid bans? Those were the good old system wars days....

Yeah. They actually needed some semblance of skill... Now it's just spamming words, such as "butthurt."

you're just butthurt about others calling you butthurt. *trollface*

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#125 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Translation: "We were really lazy with the PC version of the game and put most of our time and resources into the PS4 version. We apologize to PC users who were expecting a better experience, but we didn't have enough resources to make it better."

The only difference between this and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is that From Software was honest from the beginning about the state of the game.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I feel bad sometimes for owning a gaming PC. I refuse to use the word "hermit" but these PC extremists ruin the fun for everyone. They come to every Youtube video/Forum that's about a console game and repeatedly claim how the PC is the best graphically.

Lucky for us, most gamers these days can look passed graphics and enjoy the game for what it is. Doesn't matter what you're playing on we're gamers, and we're the only community who hate on each other. Makes me fucking sick.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Bad ports have been known to happen on all platforms. It's just lazy development. However that being said IMO the vast majority of console ports are better than the PC version simply because I prefer console gaming. I have a gaming PC too but to each his own.

Yeah, and the vast majority of VHS movies are better than the Blu-ray versions because I simply prefer VHS movies.

See how silly that sounds? You can prefer a lower quality thing if you like, but that doesn't change the fact that it is lower quality.

Your analogy is flawed. We are comparing games, not movies. PC gaming definitely can win in the tech side of things but that doesn't necessarily make it "better" as far as gaming experiences go. Some people prefer PC gaming, some prefer console gaming. I overall prefer console gaming but enjoy my PC too. You are probably the opposite, that's fine. It's all just a preference.

Why do people on here have such a hard time dealing with different opinions?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#129  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

"We were too lazy to do a proper port onto the PC."

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I feel bad sometimes for owning a gaming PC. I refuse to use the word "hermit" but these PC extremists ruin the fun for everyone. They come to every Youtube video/Forum that's about a console game and repeatedly claim how the PC is the best graphically.

Lucky for us, most gamers these days can look passed graphics and enjoy the game for what it is. Doesn't matter what you're playing on we're gamers, and we're the only community who hate on each other. Makes me fucking sick.

this game has been in development for the PC for over 5 years and was only announced for the PS4 last year.

So despite what you may think or feel PC gamers that have been looking forward for this game have every right to feel very turned off by this.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BattleSpectre

@lawlessx said:

@BattleSpectre said:

this game has been in development for the PC for over 5 years and was only announced for the PS4 last year.

So despite what you may think or feel PC gamers that have been looking forward for this game have every right to feel very turned off by this.

Yes they do, but most of the posts in here have been: "Nah Bullshit this is a lie, PC is the best at everything rah rah rah". It gets old after a while you know..

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@lawlessx said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Yes they do, but most of the posts in here have been: "Nah Bullshit this is a lie, PC is the best at everything rah rah rah". It gets old after a while you know..

well the PC technically IS the best lol

yeah i know what you mean..you learn how to filter them out in time

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BattleSpectre

@lawlessx said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@lawlessx said:

@BattleSpectre said:

well the PC technically IS the best lol

yeah i know what you mean..you learn how to filter them out in time

That's the point. I know it's the best, but I've heard it enough times already online lol.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

just for lols mate because i know you have a sense of humour

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 BattleSpectre

@CrownKingArthur: What if I told you that made me chuckle?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 CrownKingArthur

@BattleSpectre: thats good. i'm all about lols.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Bad ports have been known to happen on all platforms. It's just lazy development. However that being said IMO the vast majority of console ports are better than the PC version simply because I prefer console gaming. I have a gaming PC too but to each his own.

Yeah, and the vast majority of VHS movies are better than the Blu-ray versions because I simply prefer VHS movies.

See how silly that sounds? You can prefer a lower quality thing if you like, but that doesn't change the fact that it is lower quality.

Your analogy is flawed. We are comparing games, not movies. PC gaming definitely can win in the tech side of things but that doesn't necessarily make it "better" as far as gaming experiences go. Some people prefer PC gaming, some prefer console gaming. I overall prefer console gaming but enjoy my PC too. You are probably the opposite, that's fine. It's all just a preference.

That's why it is called an analogy. The underlying concept or principle is the same.

And you misunderstand me. I have no problem with you preferring consoles over PC. There are legitimate reasons to game on any of the platforms. I am saying that your preference doesn't change the objective qualities of the things being compared.

Multiplats have the same gameplay and narrative on all platforms. The only way they differ is in how they look and perform, and the PC versions are objectively better in those ways. Just because you prefer the convenience or cheaper up front cost or the particular ecosystem of a console doesn't mean the games are better.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@christiangmr14 said:

That's why it is called an analogy. The underlying concept or principle is the same.

And you misunderstand me. I have no problem with you preferring consoles over PC. There are legitimate reasons to game on any of the platforms. I am saying that your preference doesn't change the objective qualities of the things being compared.

Multiplats have the same gameplay and narrative on all platforms. The only way they differ is in how they look and perform, and the PC versions are objectively better in those ways. Just because you prefer the convenience or cheaper up front cost or the particular ecosystem of a console doesn't mean the games are better.

I didn't say the games were better, just that they were better to me. I get more enjoyment out of my gaming experience with consoles than I do PC (most of the time anyway aside from FPS games), I was talking about the overall experience, not the actual tech it's self.

However there are some console games that are better than their PC counterparts. This is obviously due to bad port jobs from lazy devs, this happens with all systems though on occasion.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

This series has a mixed history. The games on the original Xbox were brilliant. The game that came from this series last gen, not so much. It's 50/50 whether it's gonna be great, or suck terribly.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 remiks00

@Randolph said:

This series has a mixed history. The games on the original Xbox were brilliant. The game that came from this series last gen, not so much. It's 50/50 whether it's gonna be great, or suck terribly.

Pretty much this. This game has been in dev hell for a long time, lots of changes....

mirautaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mirautaj
Member since 2006 • 365 Posts

KUFII Graphics On PS4 Only Better Than Average PC

We never compared graphic quality of PS4 with high-end computer. When we answered to that question, we answered by comparing PS4 with average computers.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/04/09/kufii-graphics-ps4-only-better-average-pc

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 CrownKingArthur
@mirautaj said:

We never compared graphic quality of PS4 with high-end computer. When we answered to that question, we answered by comparing PS4 with average computers.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/04/09/kufii-graphics-ps4-only-better-average-pc

yip. just came across this myself.

no surprises really.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

You hear that train a coming, awww yeah, it's SONY..chugga chugga woot woot.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#145 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

So from 99.99999999999999999999999999998% of superior multiplats we have now come to 99.99999999999999999999999999997%.

One more shitty console port by lazy devs that my pc fellows interested in the game (that I've just heard about) shouldn't buy.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Oh for the love of muffins why is this even a thing? At the start of a generation consoles are mid ranged PCs lacking a whole host of features. Two years in they are low ranged PCs lacking a bunch of features. Last generation freaking tablets started to outpace consoles by the end. This cycle all this is going to happen even quicker.

I don't care how many Ps Borderlands 1.5 is in, it has a playable freaking claptrap unit. I don't care what the frame rate is, as long as it isn't choppy. It has a very real shot at game of the year, and it is a multiplat on last gen hardware. If the game sucks it will be a bigger backlash then ME3, Xbox 180 and the PS outage combined. Why? Because the game comes first, even when it is running on tech that was woefully underpowered half a decade ago.

The last people who should pretend otherwise is console gamers.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@mirautaj said:

Yeah, I saw that somewhere else and I had to chuckle. I knew that it wouldn't look better on PS4 than on a good PC. Console fanboys got all excited for nothing.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By remiks00

@Heil68 said:

You hear that train a coming, awww yeah, it's SONY..chugga chugga woot woot.

Heil, my friend, you always make me lol.