PC Exclusives - 2013 and Beyond

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

I am a PC Gamer, a good 75% of that list is garbage. same as it is every year. If these games count, then I agree Axbox arcade and PSN/wii store should count.MBirdy88

As a PC gamer you must know there are some pretty niche genres on PC. Genres that people like.

I have no interest in playing simulators for example, but I know people that find them great games. I don't think they are garbage just because it's not your taste;)

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Some pretty awesome looking games there. Will defs have to check out those racing games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I am a PC Gamer, a good 75% of that list is garbage. same as it is every year. If these games count, then I agree Axbox arcade and PSN/wii store should count.R4gn4r0k

As a PC gamer you must know there are some pretty niche genres on PC. Genres that people like.

I have no interest in playing simulators for example, but I know people that find them great games. I don't think they are garbage just because it's not your taste;)

Same as garbage like faster than light... my god I have seen free flash games with that level of complexity/effort. BUT, as far as system wars gos why should these count and arcade/PSN games shouldnt? oh right... because those services actually have some quality control on them... so PC would lose because most of the "niche games" in that list waould get 6 or lower consistantly.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 R4gn4r0k  Online

Same as garbage like faster than light... my god I have seen free flash games with that level of complexity/effort. BUT, as far as system wars gos why should these count and arcade/PSN games shouldnt? oh right... because those services actually have some quality control on them... so PC would lose because most of the "niche games" in that list waould get 6 or lower consistantly.MBirdy88

FTL isn't my type of game either but I don't call everything that isn't my taste garbage.

And wrong assumption there. XBLA and PSN games don't count because it was voted so on SW. By everyone, every group had a say in the matter, not just PC gamers.

Oh right, thank god for quality control on consoles :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Same as garbage like faster than light... my god I have seen free flash games with that level of complexity/effort. BUT, as far as system wars gos why should these count and arcade/PSN games shouldnt? oh right... because those services actually have some quality control on them... so PC would lose because most of the "niche games" in that list waould get 6 or lower consistantly.R4gn4r0k

FTL isn't my type of game either but I don't call everything that isn't my taste garbage.

And wrong assumption there. XBLA and PSN games don't count because it was voted so on SW. By everyone, every group had a say in the matter, not just PC gamers.

no you are hiding behind the "opinion/preference" card, I LIKE FTL type games, but that game...... was so so shallow, so small of a project, to get ther idiculous funding and price tag it has.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Same as garbage like faster than light... my god I have seen free flash games with that level of complexity/effort. BUT, as far as system wars gos why should these count and arcade/PSN games shouldnt? oh right... because those services actually have some quality control on them... so PC would lose because most of the "niche games" in that list waould get 6 or lower consistantly.MBirdy88

no you are hiding behind the "opinion/preference" card, I LIKE FTL type games, but that game...... was so so shallow, so small of a project, to get ther idiculous funding and price tag it has.

For every 1 game you find you could find 20 for pc indie games... what is your point exactly? pretty desperate.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 R4gn4r0k  Online

no you are hiding behind the "opinion/preference" card, I LIKE FTL type games, but that game...... was so so shallow, so small of a project, to get ther idiculous funding and price tag it has.MBirdy88

What? Don't turn things around here. Your opinion is that everything you don't like must be garbage that noone can enjoy.

I just stated facts, deal with it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]no you are hiding behind the "opinion/preference" card, I LIKE FTL type games, but that game...... was so so shallow, so small of a project, to get ther idiculous funding and price tag it has.R4gn4r0k

What? Don't turn things around here. Your opinion is that everything you don't like must be garbage that noone can enjoy.

I just stated facts, deal with it

Garbage was an exaggeration, so desperate to not allow arcade games but allow this huh? or does everyone take the internet this literaly. The hilarious thing here is half of these hipster indie games wont be played by everyone here that mentioned how "awesome" this is was, and the main ones will just be star critizen, the mmos, the rts games and the mobas. The other games will get low scores for being poor games, and wont be mentioned here again. yet arcade games cant be counted. biased bulls***
Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

I'll be honest. Many of those games look pretty underwhelming. I mean, I really do appreciate work done by indie developers, but it's questionable if those need to be included in this list.

IgGy621985

I'd say they do need to be included on the list.

Which is funny when most of the games you've said you're most interested in are indie titles.

Yeah, those are:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Cradle
Outlast
Project Eternity
Star Citizen
Survarium

If I count correctly, that's not the most. Also, 3 of those indie titles from my list are made by already proven (if not "famous") studios or by renowned industry folks.

Along with Fortnite, GTR 3, X-rebirth, Broken Sword, Arma III.

Not to sure about a few of them.

Being established studios or renowned industry folks doesn't detract from the fact they are independent of a publisher.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I play as much as I can consoles but will definitely be checking out the city builders and tactical RPGs on PC :)
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I am a PC Gamer, a good 75% of that list is garbage. same as it is every year. If these games count, then I agree Axbox arcade and PSN/wii store should count.R4gn4r0k

If a game looks "indie", and by the general consensus amongst gamers "indie" titles are mostly 2D *insert genre*, it doesn't automatically mean they offer quality.

On the other hand, The War Z wasn't a 2D indie title, but nevertheless it was one of the most hyped indie titles out there (in fact, many times it was hyped as GOTY), and look what happened.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 IgGy621985

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

I'd say they do need to be included on the list.

Which is funny when most of the games you've said you're most interested in are indie titles.

Ocid1

Yeah, those are:

Cradle
Outlast
Project Eternity
Star Citizen
Survarium

If I count correctly, that's not the most. Also, 3 of those indie titles from my list are made by already proven (if not "famous") studios or by renowned industry folks.

Being established studios or renowned industry folks doesn't detract from the fact they are independent of a publisher.

Fortnite - Epic Games, will surely have publisher.

GTR 3 - SimBin Studios, will surely have publisher

X-rebirth - Egosoft - already has publisher

Broken Sword - True, it's indie

Arma III - Bohemia Interactive, already has publisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I am a PC Gamer, a good 75% of that list is garbage. same as it is every year. If these games count, then I agree Axbox arcade and PSN/wii store should count.IgGy621985

If a game looks "indie", and by the general consensus amongst gamers "indie" titles are mostly 2D *insert genre*, it doesn't automatically mean they offer quality.

On the other hand, The War Z wasn't a 2D indie title, but nevertheless it was one of the most hyped indie titles out there (in fact, many times it was hyped as GOTY), and look what happened.

It doesn't change the fact that this same bloated list happens every year with pretty much the same outcome. Why are xbox live and psn games not counted? tell me why.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 IgGy621985

It doesn't change the fact that this same bloated list happens every year with pretty much the same outcome.MBirdy88

By outcome you mean glorious success which proves selected indie games are worthwile?

Why are xbox live and psn games not counted? tell me why.

Um, because the list counts only PC exclusives, on purpose?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]It doesn't change the fact that this same bloated list happens every year with pretty much the same outcome.IgGy621985

By outcome you mean glorious success which proves selected indie games are worthwile?

Why are xbox live and psn games not counted? tell me why.

Um, because the list counts only PC exclusives, on purpose?

Oh please stop horses***ing everywhere. more like about 5 of a list of 50 do well, the others fade into nothingness.
Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Yeah, those are:

Cradle
Outlast
Project Eternity
Star Citizen
Survarium

IgGy621985

Epic will self publish Fortnite. They have zero reason to go with a publisher.

GTR 3, X-Rebirth, Arma III - All self published aswell.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Looked up some footage of that Dead State game. Looks fun.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 IgGy621985

Oh please stop horses***ing everywhere. more like about 5 of a list of 50 do well, the others fade into nothingness.MBirdy88

Dude, what's with the attitude and swearing?

I misunderstood your first question. I actually thought you insinuate that every singleindie title on the list has a red carpet towards success.

And I actually agree with your reply that only very small number of indie titles achieve something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts
The only ones I want are Amnesia M4P, Company of Heroes, and Elder Scrolls Online. Rest are meh.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
The only games I am looking forward to for PC in 2013 is Blade and Soul(which looks like it may disappoint) and Lineage Eternal. The list is mostly filled with trash btw.
Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#121 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
The last of us single handed pretty much destroys that entire list.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
*clap clap* Nice post
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 IgGy621985

Ocid1

You may be right, or you may be not, but that's not that relevant for the games I was talking about.Epic, SimBin, Bohemia Interactive and Egosoft are developers that already have a huge and successful history behind them.

I was talking about a bunch of low budget indie titles in this list that look like a complete crap, but for some reason many gamers consider them as a holy grail of PC gaming, and that's just because they look "retro".

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#125 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

PS3...

Last of Us, God of War Ascension, Beyond Two Souls, Ni No Kuni, Sly Cooper TiT

Wii U...

Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter 3U, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101

PC...

Hmm? What? Huh? LOL

Samus3D

The only ones I want are Amnesia M4P, Company of Heroes, and Elder Scrolls Online. Rest are meh.Samus3D
Changing your mind, much? Stop lying to yourself. I know you are interested on more games than that. :D

ClassicRockFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ClassicRockFTW
Member since 2012 • 1106 Posts

C and C generals 2 was announced as F2P

I hate EA so much

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

The only games I am looking forward to for PC in 2013 is Blade and Soul(which looks like it may disappoint) and Lineage Eternal. The list is mostly filled with trash btw.-Renegade

I see a contradiction here.

Hyping Korean MMOs, and calling other games trash. :P

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#128 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Such a sexy OP. So excited for alot of those titles :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 R4gn4r0k  Online

Looked up some footage of that Dead State game. Looks fun.freedomfreak

Yeah it looks like avery interesting game. Shame it takes so long for the game to be finished. I think it was supposed to come out this year and last year:(

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

UTBPj.jpg

Black Gold, WTF is that?

Napoleon's Capaigns II, really?

WTF is Ocean City Racing?

Nevermind that sounds like a great game

SALEM... LOL

Hotline Miami 2

WOD

Corky 21

Old Village Simulator 1962 (stars laughing)

Space Rangers, Corneroids, Europa Universalis, Grim Dawn, WTF is most of this sh. it

Don't Starve... LMAO they actually named a game that

The Amazing Race isn't that a TV show?

Most of the games on this list are like this... Bunch of filler crap.

Samus3D
YIKES! Look at that Wii U line up.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 C_Rule
Damn, this must be one of the most butthurt/jelly-rich threads in SW.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 R4gn4r0k  Online

Garbage was an exaggeration, so desperate to not allow arcade games but allow this huh? or does everyone take the internet this literaly. The hilarious thing here is half of these hipster indie games wont be played by everyone here that mentioned how "awesome" this is was, and the main ones will just be star critizen, the mmos, the rts games and the mobas. The other games will get low scores for being poor games, and wont be mentioned here again. yet arcade games cant be counted. biased bulls***MBirdy88

Let's get some facts straight here:

• This is a list of PC games releasing in 2013 and beyond, not listing arcade games has nothing to do with desperation.
  • As I stated, XBLA and PSN games not being counted was voted so by SW. You act like I had a say in the matter and I went out of my way to exclude them. Get a clue :lol:
  • Most games won't get mentioned here because most don't get reviewed on gamespot
  • Who exactly is stopping you from counting XBLA games ? Right, noone, so please go ahead and...

stop raging man, it's ridiculous.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

UTBPj.jpg

Black Gold, WTF is that?

Napoleon's Capaigns II, really?

WTF is Ocean City Racing?

Nevermind that sounds like a great game

SALEM... LOL

Hotline Miami 2

WOD

Corky 21

Old Village Simulator 1962 (stars laughing)

Space Rangers, Corneroids, Europa Universalis, Grim Dawn, WTF is most of this sh. it

Don't Starve... LMAO they actually named a game that

The Amazing Race isn't that a TV show?

Most of the games on this list are like this... Bunch of filler crap.

Samus3D

somebody's butthurt

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#134 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Damn, this must be one of the most butthurt/jelly-rich threads in SW.C_Rule
It was to be expected,the PC is kicking so much a** that somehow they try their hardest to make up reasons to convince themselves that their prefered systems(even all together) will give some semblance of competition to the PC lol. Even if you slash 75% of the titles in there you would still have the strongest 2013 lineup,and that´s saying a lot.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
somebody's butthurtrilpas
Fact that he's a sheep makes it even more hilarious.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 R4gn4r0k  Online

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Damn, this must be one of the most butthurt/jelly-rich threads in SW.MrYaotubo
It was to be expected,the PC is kicking so much a** that somehow they try their hardest to make up reasons to convince themselves that their prefered systems(even all together) will give some semblance of competition to the PC lol. Even if you slash 75% of the titles in there you would still have the strongest 2013 lineup,and that´s saying a lot.

It went from 'RTS and MMOs don't count' to 'none of these games count'

Just shows how much trouble consolites have dealing with this :lol:

Awesome thread !

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Damn, this must be one of the most butthurt/jelly-rich threads in SW.C_Rule

city-made-out-of-jelly10.jpg

So much jelly we could build that city.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 C_Rule
So how many years does this cover? Is it just 2013 and 2014? Glancing over the list, there's at least 20 games there I'll want to check out.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#139 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Some of the games on that list look good, but like the PC exclusives lists that have come before, I doubt all of them are going to arrive in 2013, and I strongly doubt the majority of them are going to be quality games.

I hope to be wrong, but this list seems to be largely based off the fact that these games are simply PC exclusives, as opposed to being interesting exclusives.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Holy mother of list!

So good.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#141 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

Ocid1

So they have publishers then? ...

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Rome II

I WANT IT!

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 rilpas
ooooh man, the consolite's jelly in this thread is so delicious :lol:
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 R4gn4r0k  Online

ooooh man, the consolite's jelly in this thread is so delicious :lol:rilpas

finalstar is so jelly in fact he had to create his own thread where he has to combine the libraries of 6 systems to try and beat that of the PC.:cool:

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]ooooh man, the consolite's jelly in this thread is so delicious :lol:R4gn4r0k

finalstar is so jelly in fact he had to create his own thread where he has to combine the libraries of 6 systems to try and beat that of the PC.:cool:

just saw it :P
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I think I'll stick to my PS3,The Last of Us will be better than all those games listed LOL.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#147 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

I think I'll stick to my PS3,The Last of Us will be better than all those games listed LOL.

OneInchMan99
No. Leave.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#148 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Which btw TC you need to add Path of Exile to that list

pathofexile512.png&sa=X&ei=9j_YUK2AMImsq

Ly_the_Fairy

I really want to play that game.

I got into the beta, and I couldn't stop playing it for a long time afterwards. I'd really like to see the full game.

Can't wait tell open beta next month, PoE looks like what D3 should have been. In the end TL2 and D3 disappointed me so hopefully PoE fixes that.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

OneInchMan99

Eh this, gimmi GZ + TLOU over that list anyday.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="OneInchMan99"]

Clock-w0rk

Eh this, gimmi GZ + TLOU over that list anyday.

Damn you guys really think The Last of Us will provide more than 600 hours of gaming? :P That I have to see.