PC and Consoles on an even playing field?

#101 Posted by GarGx1 (9233 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Best games of the industry (AAA titles) last gen starting from 2005 (Year 360 was released) til now. This will be borke down into PC exclusive, console exclusive or console only or multiplat on PC and consoles.

*note handheld and smartphone/tablets were not included, either collection or single games listed no duplicates, list highest score from multiplat versions of games*

MULTIPLATS FOR PC and CONSOLES:

BioShock 9.6

The Orange Box 9.6

Batman: Arkham City 9.6

Resident Evil 4 9.6

Mass Effect 2 9.6

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 9.6

Portal 2 9.5

BioShock Infinite 9.4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 9.4

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 9.4

The Elder Scrolls iV: Skyrim 9.4

Gears of War 9.4

Street Fighter IV 9.4

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 9.4

The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series 9.4

Braid 9.3

Minecraft 9.3

Fallout 3 9.3

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 9.3

Dark Souls II 9.2

Rayman Origins 9.2

Rayman Legends 9.2

Dishonored 9.1

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut 9.1

FIFA Soccer 10 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.1

Borderlands 2 9.1

Crysis 9.1

Mass Effect 9.1

Fez 9.1

Dragon Age: Origins 9.1

Mark of the Ninja 9.1

Far Cry 3 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.0

NBA 2K12 9.0

Half-Life 2 9.0

World of Goo 9.5

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned 9.0

FIFA Soccer 12 9.0

Portal: 9.0

LIMBO 9.0

NBA 2K13 9.0

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 9.0

Spelunky 9.0

Mass Effect 3: Citadel 9.0

Super Meat Boy 9.0

Dead Space 2 9.0

XCOM: Enemy Unknown 9.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 9.0

FIFA Soccer 13 9.0

TOTAL: 50

PC EXCLUSIVES:

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 (PC) 9.6

Diablo (PC) 9.4

Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC) 9.4

Company of Heroes (PC) 9.3

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC) 9.3

Team Fortress 2 (PC) 9.2

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor (PC) 9.2

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC) 9.1

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC) 9.1

Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar (PC) 9.1

Battlefield 2 (PC) 9.1

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (PC) 9.0

F.E.A.R. Combat (PC) 9.0

Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC) 9.0

Silent Hunter III (PC) 9.0

Sid Meier's Civilization V (PC) 9.0

Falcon 4.0: Allied Force (PC) 9.0

Dota 2 (PC) 9.0

Guild Wars 2 (PC) 9.0

GTR 2 (PC) 9.0

Total War: Shogun 2 (PC) 9.0

Empire: Total War (PC) 9.0

TOTAL:20

CONSOLE EXCLUSIVES OR CONSOLE ONLY:

Super Mario Galaxy (WII) 9.7

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (WII) 9.7

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3/360) 9.7

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) 9.6

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 9.6

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) 9.6

The Last of Us (PS3) 9.5

Red Dead Redemption (X360/PS3) 9.5

Halo 3 9.4

Ninja Gaiden Black (XBOX) 9.4

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2) 9.4

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) 9.4

God of War (PS2) 9.4

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (WII) 9.3

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (X360/PS3) 9.3

God of War II (PS2) 9.3

Super Mario 3D World (WIIU) 9.3

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3) 9.3

Okami (PS2) 9.3

Gears of War 2 (X360) 9.3

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (WII) 9.3

God of War III (PS3) 9.2

Guitar Hero II (X360/PS2) 9.2

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) 9.2

Rock Band (X360/PS3/PS2) 9.2

Rock Band 2 (WII/PS2/PS3/360) 9.2

Forza Motorsport (XBOX) 9.2

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) 9.2

Forza Motorsport 3 (X360) 9.2

Journey (PS3) 9.2

Xenoblade Chronicles (WII) 9.2

The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3) 9.2

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3) 9.1

Guitar Hero (PS2) 9.1

Rock Band 3 (WII/PS3/360) 9.1

Metroid Prime Trilogy (WII) 9.1

Peggle (PS3/360) 9.1

MLB 10: The Show (PS3) 9.1

Halo: Reach (X360) 9.1

Forza Motorsport 4 (X360) 9.1

Gears of War 3 (X360) 9.1

Killzone 2 (PS3) 9.1

World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International (PS2) 9.1

flower (PS4) 9.1

Trials Evolution (X360) 9.0

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (WIIU) 9.0

MLB 11: The Show (PS3) 9.0

Burnout Revenge (PS2/360) 9.0

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2) 9.0

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) 9.0

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (X360) 9.0

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (WII) 9.0

Forza Motorsport 2 (X360) 9.0

TOTAL:53

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

Let the crying and excuses from hermits begin...

This should stop all the hermit screaming about having the best games but I probably wont but at least we know the score and can el oh el at herms when screaming they have the best games. Basically if RTS/MMO are your favorite genres then PC is the best for you other wise consoles offer the most diverse high quality (AAA level) game experiences in a generation.

Not entirely sure what your point is, other than 6 different consoles combined have had more AAA exclusives than PC over a 9 year period. Now who'd have thought that?

As for the variety of genre's, there's a hell of a lot more than MMO's and RTS games on your PC exclusives list. In fact most of them aren't an MMO or RTS.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#102 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

yes and 6 consoles had "6 budgets" for development of 'high profile' games - probably with the aim of a financial break-even or a mid-market return (because really the exclusive games are made to shift consoles).

#103 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Why would you ever put so much effort into a post when you could just find a chart online. Probably because after doing a quick google search, most charts I found supported PC so you didn't want to use them.

You know what I find hillarious? I see you console fanboys fighting eachother in every thread about PS4 vs Xbox but as soon as PC comes in, you all of the sudden think you can combine all the consoles together. See, if I have a PC, I can play all the games you listed under PC, and technically the ones you listed under Wii. If you have a PS4, you can only play those. Not Wii games and Xbox games.

What's even funnier is you think hermits can't play console games. You realize most of the time, PC gamers have a console or two while console gamers don't have a gaming PC...

#104 Edited by NFJSupreme (6487 posts) -

PC and console has always been on an even playing field in terms of entertaining games to play. That is why people can play one or the other their whole life and not miss a thing. This is why you guys can come to system wars and have your silly arguments.

#105 Edited by MegamanX97 (1295 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MegamanX97: the comment on Diablo is stupid.... for many many reasons. the only reason people ever said the console version is better because it launched with the real-money-acution-house removed and an improved loot system.... all of which is the same on the PC now, only with the propr non-lan only online and eve more features.

Sorry, I should have clarified the Diablo 3 comment. I apologize it caused you some Rage :3 With diablo 3 I meant not the lack of the always online, or the RMAH, but players felt that the controller was a much better fit than the mouse clicking action. Hope this causes a little bit more ease. Didn't mean to make a "stupid" comment :)

#106 Edited by MBirdy88 (12113 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

Need consoles to play the best games the industry has to offer.

This.

Hermits are delusional trying to pass off their hyped games on the same level the top games from consoles. It's not even close. The best games of the industry are either multiplat or console exclusive.

PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives and this is proven as a fact by over the all critical reception they receive across the industry.

I am not relying on the loudest mouths of fanboys (hermits, or consoliets to prove this...Hermits being worst) screaming their games are the best. The one thing I will give to PC is that it does get more games then consoles, but when talking about the best games it's consoles or bust.

Make up your mind!

Mutiplat = available to play on both PC and consoles or are only available on consoles leaving out PC

Exclusives = only available on one platform

If a game is mutiplat it's not an advantage for either PC or consoles, exclusives games are. I said the best games of the industry are either multiplats or console exclusive.

If that confuses you then there is just no help for you.

"Mutiplat = available to play on both PC and consoles"

"The best games of the industry are either multiplat"

"PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles"

There's a problem here

No problem really, I just left out one word from that sentence which should have been implied to anyone who even had decent reading comprehension. By reading the rest of the sentence from what you quoted it's obvious what I am referring to but I will simply insert if for you so can stop trying to make an argument out of it.

"PC seldom if ever gets high quality EXCLUSIVE titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives"

Hope that clears up any confusion you may have had. Feel free to disagree and I will reply accordingly.

Quality in what way? games like DoTA/League of Legends have far bigger impact on the industry than f*kin last of us....

ofcourse not in narrow-minded peasant eyes with thrivilous awards for graphics are of highest priority.

Impact on the industry? Well if you want to change the argument and run with this new one I don't think you will be able to make a very good rally because nothing in recent times has had a bigger impact on the industry than when PS2, wii and recently PS4 hit the market.

Nice try on switching gears but you fail. No back to the original argument if you don't have any more unsupported fanboy out cries.

What are you smoking? what other argument? what the hell does game-trends have to do with a console launch?

Fact of the matter is... MP Shooters were brought about by PC gaming... that trend died out when console's started trending them and dumbing them down to match low expectations and gimped control schemes...

10 years later ..... consoles are now starting to see MMOs... with only one good one existing for them (FFXIV).

And now MoBAs are taking over as the most played genre in gaming... and are suprisingly ridiculous deep games, with large e-sport scenes that are generated my revanue than than anything else (see gamespots top 10 revanue games list, its dominated by PC titles).

Meanwhile yes Last of Us sold ... 6 million box copies was it? a 10 hour game.... awarded purely on its story/presentation.... now pretty much irrelevant... like that sad 50 year odl that keeps a room full of his trophys instead of something useful.

These PC titles EACH have more players at peak than ALL VERSIONS of CoD at peak times combined.

Absolutely and totally the biggest things in gaming at the moment.

but ofcourse, to the peasant casuals ... dat fifa and first parties are soooo soooooo important.... hah.

So behind the times... waiting for that next flashy blockbuster AAA game that becomes nothing but a "oh that was cool" after a week.... not challenging.... just a flashy brain stimulation with no cooperative, no competitive, no deep gaming value.

#107 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

You really seem to be the only one crying

Also, on SW AA/AAA is determined by GS score not metacritic

No, it actually looks like you are crying and an idiot to boot.

1. I am not talking about SW meta game in my posts nor do they have anything to do with my argument here, I specifically said "best games of the industry".

2. Gamespot.com =/= industry

3. Lean to understand the context of someone's post before trying to reply with your stupidity as a counter argument.

It's no wonder why you couldn't understand what I was saying, you fail at both reading and comprehension. Sucks to be you but there is nothing I can do about that. You have to solve those issues you have on your own.

Okay, I'm leaning. Now what?

#108 Edited by OhSnapitz (19260 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@kinectthedots: Why would you ever put so much effort into a post when you could just find a chart online. Probably because after doing a quick google search, most charts I found supported PC so you didn't want to use them.

You know what I find hillarious? I see you console fanboys fighting eachother in every thread about PS4 vs Xbox but as soon as PC comes in, you all of the sudden think you can combine all the consoles together. See, if I have a PC, I can play all the games you listed under PC, and technically the ones you listed under Wii. If you have a PS4, you can only play those. Not Wii games and Xbox games.

What's even funnier is you think hermits can't play console games. You realize most of the time, PC gamers have a console or two while console gamers don't have a gaming PC...

..yes because most gamers use shoeboxes to converse on GS forums. :/

#109 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@melonfarmerz said:

You need a gaming pc to access these forums? lolz.

Hey maybe one day a console will surpass PC in competative gaming, player count, genres, aaa/aa, exclusives, gfx, performance: but that day is not today .

#110 Posted by OhSnapitz (19260 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Hey maybe one day a console will surpass PC in competative gaming, player count, genres, aaa/aa, exclusives, gfx, performance: but that day is not today .

..so again you guys can build PC's but can't understand the context of a post.. You're truly a special breed.

#111 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@Jankarcop said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@melonfarmerz said:

..so again you guys can build PC's but can't understand the context of a post.. You're truly a special breed.

One ability has nothing to do with the other

#112 Posted by elkoldo (1775 posts) -
@cfisher2833 said:

@elkoldo said:

Naughty Dog , Quantic Dream, Remedy , and apparently Rockstar make games only for consoles.That means , screw the PC !

Where'd you get such a stupid idea from?

From Rockstar not givin' a flyin' shit about PC when it came to Red Dead Redemption and GTA 5.I really fail to see the reason why fanatic PC gamers are so cocky and irrational , and blind to the truth.Heh..maybe 'cause they're fanatic ?!

@Cloud_imperium said:

Quantum Dream are shitty developers .

Yeah right , them ,and Naughty Dog , and basically any developers that don't make games for PC are shitty.

#113 Edited by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

@elkoldo said:
@cfisher2833 said:

@elkoldo said:

Naughty Dog , Quantic Dream, Remedy , and apparently Rockstar make games only for consoles.That means , screw the PC !

From Rockstar not givin' a flyin' shit about PC when it came to Red Dead Redemption and GTA 5.I really fail to see the reason why fanatic PC gamers are so cocky and irrational , and blind to the truth.Heh..maybe 'cause they're fanatic ?!

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yeah right , them ,and Naughty Dog , and basically any developers that don't make games for PC are shitty.

So you say GTA V is not coming to PC? OK, I'll bump this later in the year. I'll take a polished, graphically clean GTA V with high settings, high draw distance and high FPS anyday over the hot mess you got to play on console no matter how long the wait.

As for RDR- if you care to do a check on Google you'd see that the code was actually messed up for bringing to PC. So no, it wasn't some strange aversion to PC gaming.

And no those console devs aren't necesserily shitty; it's just the number of quality console exclusives on any single platform can be counted on one hand. Not a compelling argument against the far superior gaming platform that has loads of AAA exclusives in its own right and more than ever on the way, not to mention everything else.

#114 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I never said Naughty Dog are bad developers , even though linear cover based shooters are not my type of games . I said Quantum Dream are shitty developers because their games are QTE fest , nothing more , PC or not .

#115 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@donalbane said:

@ladyblue said:

Theres nothing appealing about pc gaming to me. A bunch of rts games, and indies(not meant as a negative, I like indies) that will more than likely appear on consoles.

Don't forget about consoles having better exclusives.

90%+ of games are on every platform, and those games are cheaper - sometimes dramatically so - and look better on PC. They also have more control options. And many of the 'indie' games you enjoy probably were originally released on PC first. You also have access to a library of games dating back 20+ years. So I disagree.

Disagree all you want, but as long as it doesn't offer any of the games I care about it will continue being unappealing to me.

Zelda , Mario, MK, Smash, Puppeteer, Pokemon, Uncharted, TLOU, Heavenly Sword, Fire Emblem, Metroid, GOW..... I could go on, but you get the point.

Called it

Called what? You seem to take offense with anyone that doesn't agree with your way of thinking. Whats wrong with what I said? strike that. What's your problem now?

Lol, I said that this thread would just be a bunch of people arguing about personal opinions

Indeed. A stark contrast to the models of Socratic discourse that typically occur on other System Wars threads.

#116 Edited by Priapus10101 (157 posts) -

I am a big fan of competitive multiplayer games with timeless gameplay mechanics and thriving communities which are widely abundant on PC but scarce on consoles. On this basis, PC all the way.

#117 Edited by SambaLele (5552 posts) -

@lostrib said:

And now for a big ol' circle jerk about personal preferences...

sounds fun

Well, it does sound like what SW's all about... or any forum for that matter. Or bashing/praising a platform isn't about personal preferences?

#118 Edited by Wasdie (53456 posts) -

On a purely graphics level the consoles started the generation far behind the most powerful PCs and a lot of the mid-range PCs. Since the consoles don't get performance upgrades, each year the gap will continue to widen between them.

It's fine though. The consoles can still render impressive graphics. There comes a point where you hit diminishing returns with graphics. Even on the PC we won't see photorealism for years and the gap between the PC and consoles won't be noticeable by the majority of gamers for awhile. For now it's really just resolution and framerate that is the big difference. In the future we'll see new algorithms that require even more powerful hardware but will result in much higher image quality.

Sadly the consoles decided to use just too weak of hardware to have a standard 1080p60 for the generation in addition to all of the other rendering.

Hopefully in the future 4k-8k become the standard rendering even on 1080p screens. Simply rendering that many pixels and downsampling greatly improves overall image quality and eliminates jaggies edges. A lot of PCs are doing 4k and 8k rendering and then downsampling with older games and still able to maintain playable framerates. When you jack up the amount of rendering done each frame then it becomes more difficult.

Ultimately things like antialiasing will be a thing of the past for PCs and then eventually future consoles.

#119 Posted by jake44 (2085 posts) -

@lostrib said:

sounds fun

#120 Edited by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

For gaming i would take consoles, better exclusives(read games i want to play) than PC, with Diablo3 coming to consoles PC have no exclusive anymore that want to play.

But i would always own a PC for surfing, email, pay bills, TV streaming, order games etc

#121 Edited by smitherton4 (67 posts) -

The PC and the consoles are really two different beasts simply because the PC never ends, but nor is it a constant. A PC may seem like it has a huge library but in fact it only has the games it can currently play whether the game is to out of date for the system or viceversa.

#122 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

@elkoldo said:
@cfisher2833 said:

@elkoldo said:

What truth? That for every aaa-aa we miss out on, consoles miss out on 10+.

#123 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@smitherton4 said:

The PC and the consoles are really two different beasts simply because the PC never ends, but nor is it a constant. A PC may seem like it has a huge library but in fact it only has the games it can currently play whether the game is to out of date for the system or viceversa.

There is a very small amount of older games that can't be played on modern PC's. I'd wager 99.5% of PC games ever can be played on my computer running Windows 8.1

#124 Edited by smitherton4 (67 posts) -

@melonfarmerz: You can wager that but does not mean it is true. I can't tell you all the trouble I had to go through to get the original PC Resident Evil to run.

#125 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

@smitherton4 said:

@melonfarmerz: You can wager that but does not mean it is true. I can't tell you all the trouble I had to go through to get the original PC Resident Evil to run.

Melon's statistic may be pulled out of thin air, but it's not that far out based on my own experience. Out of all the old games i've played, only a handful have ever given me trouble to an unplayable extent.

Anyway, you could have used the original PS1 CD and played that through epsxe. Ancient console ports, which where shoddy to begin with, on ancient versions of Windows are an exception to the rule, and in most cases they will have alternative, superior solutions to be played on a modern PC.

There are always exceptions to the rule, but that doesn't undermine the conglomerate of opinions that it is a rule.

#126 Posted by Ballroompirate (25857 posts) -

Games wise yes they are even, tech wise PC is ahead.

#127 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Depends on if you're talking AAA titles or indies.

AAA multiplats pc has the edge...generally.

AAA exclusives consoles have the edge

Indies are pretty much even steven, although sometimes one side may have a slight edge. Example is the latest indie Transistor. Currently, the ps4 version has a higher Metacritic rating than the pc.

86 - ps4

82 - pc

#128 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@lostrib said:

sounds fun

#129 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@GarGx1: I think the reasoning was that hermits always lump consoles together when comparing to pc, so it only makes sense to combine all consoles exclusives together.

#130 Edited by GarGx1 (9233 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@GarGx1: I think the reasoning was that hermits always lump consoles together when comparing to pc, so it only makes sense to combine all consoles exclusives together.

Seriously, the list has games from 6 consoles across 3 generations (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii). Fine if you feel you have to add 3 consoles from one generation in an attempt to match PC but 3 generations of consoles, that's just pure desperation.

You know I wonder why he didn't add in Xbox One, Wii U, and Gamecube to get all 9 main consoles from 3 generations in there?

#131 Edited by nethernova (5459 posts) -

Gaming in the living room > gaming at my desk

And no, I won't carry my PC into the living room. That's ridiculous. I still game on my PC but not very often and not longer than an hour or so because I get tired of sitting at the desk. In the living room I can lie in my beanbag in front of my 50 inch TV and enjoy games like I prefer to. All in all I wouldn't want to miss out on any system though. Anybody who does is an idiot in my book.

#132 Posted by Kinthalis (5502 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Indies are pretty much even steven, although sometimes one side may have a slight edge. Example is the latest indie Transistor. Currently, the ps4 version has a higher Metacritic rating than the pc.

86 - ps4

82 - pc

Not sure what that's even supposed to mean. It's the same game. Not sure how the meta critic means anything in this case.

#133 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

86 - ps4

82 - pc

Don't know where you're trying to go with that. They're both reviews for the same indie game. There isn't going to be any graphical or technical differences between to two. If anything, because the PS4 version is reviewed by PSmagazine, IGN, ect while the PC version is reviewed by PCgamer, ect, it just goes to show PC games have a higher standard.

#134 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@melonfarmerz:

Well there is a slight technical difference. The transistors voice can come through the dual shock 4 speaker. A very minute thing for sure, and when I first heard of it, I paid it no mind. But after playing it...I gotta admit, it's kinda cool.

Didnt realize hermits were this sensitive. I wasnt saying anything negative in the slightest.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#135 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@amazonangry said:

that makes perfect sense because console manufacturers need exclusive content on their boxes in order to sell them.

i'd wager that console exclusives are deliberately poor performers financially, because the console manufacturer's goal of the exclusive is to shift consoles rather than make a profitable game.

#136 Posted by Kinthalis (5502 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@melonfarmerz:

Well there is a slight technical difference. The transistors voice can come through the dual shock 4 speaker. A very minute thing for sure, and when I first heard of it, I paid it no mind. But after playing it...I gotta admit, it's kinda cool.

Didnt realize hermits were this sensitive. I wasnt saying anything negative in the slightest.

???

How are we being "sensitive"? By inquiring as to what you meant and asking you to clarify?

"you hermits are so sensitive" - it sounds like you are the one with issues here.

#137 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@melonfarmerz:

lol and I never implied you were. I just found it silly you were comparing metacritic scores for two platforms of an indie game of all things... Believe me, I'm not a hermit.

#138 Edited by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

@MegamanX97 said:

With the new generation here I want to focus on games over graphics. Is this a close race? Does PC have the better games, or do you feel consoles do? Is it more even now than ever before?

PC and consoles both have their exclusives. With the PC having solid RTS games like starcraft 2 that more then likely wont come to consoles, but Consoles having games like Mario, GTA 5 and Kill Zone. Also the debate that some games are just better with mouse and keyboard like FPS. Then you see games like Diablo 3 ported to console and people tend to have liked it more (some debate it was actually really meant for a console all along)

What do you guys think? If you only had a choice between a PC or a Console, focusing on games rather then specs, what would you end up choosing?

Ah...TC, you are a very funny man. Thanks for the laugh. :D

#139 Posted by SapSacPrime (8925 posts) -

I fail to see all of these amazing exclusives the consoles have; for the most part the days of the console killer app seem to have gone with the PS2/gamecube/xbox generation. I didn't pick up my PS4 preorder which I'm glad about, because I would be extremely disappointed with its library at this point.

#140 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (7917 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

So far the PS4 is doing very well against the PC in terms of graphics, give it 2 years though like always the consoles will show their age. Meanwhile people like me are upgrading to 2K/4K resolutions and GTX Titans. Come at me bro!

I don't think they're doing great against the PC this time. Right now the top over-clocked GTX 750 Ti at £120 seems to slightly out perform the PS4 using less power. The gap will widen quicker this time I think. DX12 will improve things with the PC as well as hardware.

-

As for games TC. The current gen is a baron waste land, people pretend otherwise.

Last gen was great but it was very much a multiplat gen. And the PC got most of them.

#141 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Theres nothing appealing about pc gaming to me. A bunch of rts games, and indies(not meant as a negative, I like indies) that will more than likely appear on consoles.

Don't forget about consoles having better exclusives.

Wrong, though it's not surprising coming from a cow.

#142 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

I did build a gaming PC recently.....but I still really don't see any games worth purchasing on the PC that aren't available on consoles. The games are underwhelming.

Sure ya did...

#143 Edited by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

You dont even need 5 fingers to count the quality first party exclusives on a single console platform throughout an entire generation. With 95% of AAA games multi-plat and vastly superior on PC + other entire genres and exclusives consoles dont have+ upcoming games like Star Citizen+ mods+ emulation+ choice of inputs etc it's impossible for me to convinced that they're on an equal playing field. Maybe if you combine all current gen consoles and their exclusive games (WiiU making up the lions share) there would be an irresistable argument WRT to exclusives. Then again, the WiiU is on the verge of being emulated so...

#144 Edited by KungfuKitten (24544 posts) -

The PC is not stuck with a handful of milked genres and IP's. Only if you combine the consoles it could be a contest, and that is if you do not count older games.

#145 Edited by MegamanX97 (1295 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider:

no problem :)

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
#146 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

@MegamanX97 said:

With the new generation here I want to focus on games over graphics. Is this a close race? Does PC have the better games, or do you feel consoles do? Is it more even now than ever before?

PC and consoles both have their exclusives. With the PC having solid RTS games like starcraft 2 that more then likely wont come to consoles, but Consoles having games like Mario, GTA 5 and Kill Zone. Also the debate that some games are just better with mouse and keyboard like FPS. Then you see games like Diablo 3 ported to console and people tend to have liked it more (some debate it was actually really meant for a console all along)

What do you guys think? If you only had a choice between a PC or a Console, focusing on games rather then specs, what would you end up choosing?

This is the dumbest question ever. Next gen consoles have jack shit for games.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#147 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (1550 posts) -

Another thread stacking exclusives from 3+ different platforms vs 1.

#148 Edited by MegamanX97 (1295 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX:

Sorry Master for causing you extreme rage. I apologize that I caused you much discomfort :(

#149 Posted by MegamanX97 (1295 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Another thread stacking exclusives from 3+ different platforms vs 1.

I think you need to take the time to re-read the topic of discussion. Not sure why you are saying the "stacking of exclusives." :)

#150 Posted by PonchoTaco (3182 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Best games of the industry (AAA titles) last gen starting from 2005 (Year 360 was released) til now. This will be borke down into PC exclusive, console exclusive or console only or multiplat on PC and consoles.

*note handheld and smartphone/tablets were not included, either collection or single games listed no duplicates, list highest score from multiplat versions of games*

MULTIPLATS FOR PC and CONSOLES:

BioShock 9.6

The Orange Box 9.6

Batman: Arkham City 9.6

Resident Evil 4 9.6

Mass Effect 2 9.6

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 9.6

Portal 2 9.5

BioShock Infinite 9.4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 9.4

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 9.4

The Elder Scrolls iV: Skyrim 9.4

Gears of War 9.4

Street Fighter IV 9.4

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 9.4

The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series 9.4

Braid 9.3

Minecraft 9.3

Fallout 3 9.3

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 9.3

Dark Souls II 9.2

Rayman Origins 9.2

Rayman Legends 9.2

Dishonored 9.1

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut 9.1

FIFA Soccer 10 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.1

Borderlands 2 9.1

Crysis 9.1

Mass Effect 9.1

Fez 9.1

Dragon Age: Origins 9.1

Mark of the Ninja 9.1

Far Cry 3 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.0

NBA 2K12 9.0

Half-Life 2 9.0

World of Goo 9.5

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned 9.0

FIFA Soccer 12 9.0

Portal: 9.0

LIMBO 9.0

NBA 2K13 9.0

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 9.0

Spelunky 9.0

Mass Effect 3: Citadel 9.0

Super Meat Boy 9.0

Dead Space 2 9.0

XCOM: Enemy Unknown 9.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 9.0

FIFA Soccer 13 9.0

TOTAL: 50

PC EXCLUSIVES:

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 (PC) 9.6

Diablo (PC) 9.4

Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC) 9.4

Company of Heroes (PC) 9.3

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC) 9.3

Team Fortress 2 (PC) 9.2

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor (PC) 9.2

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC) 9.1

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC) 9.1

Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar (PC) 9.1

Battlefield 2 (PC) 9.1

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (PC) 9.0

F.E.A.R. Combat (PC) 9.0

Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC) 9.0

Silent Hunter III (PC) 9.0

Sid Meier's Civilization V (PC) 9.0

Falcon 4.0: Allied Force (PC) 9.0

Dota 2 (PC) 9.0

Guild Wars 2 (PC) 9.0

GTR 2 (PC) 9.0

Total War: Shogun 2 (PC) 9.0

Empire: Total War (PC) 9.0

TOTAL:20

CONSOLE EXCLUSIVES OR CONSOLE ONLY:

Super Mario Galaxy (WII) 9.7

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (WII) 9.7

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3/360) 9.7

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) 9.6

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 9.6

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) 9.6

The Last of Us (PS3) 9.5

Red Dead Redemption (X360/PS3) 9.5

Halo 3 9.4

Ninja Gaiden Black (XBOX) 9.4

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2) 9.4

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) 9.4

God of War (PS2) 9.4

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (WII) 9.3

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (X360/PS3) 9.3

God of War II (PS2) 9.3

Super Mario 3D World (WIIU) 9.3

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3) 9.3

Okami (PS2) 9.3

Gears of War 2 (X360) 9.3

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (WII) 9.3

God of War III (PS3) 9.2

Guitar Hero II (X360/PS2) 9.2

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) 9.2

Rock Band (X360/PS3/PS2) 9.2

Rock Band 2 (WII/PS2/PS3/360) 9.2

Forza Motorsport (XBOX) 9.2

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) 9.2

Forza Motorsport 3 (X360) 9.2

Journey (PS3) 9.2

Xenoblade Chronicles (WII) 9.2

The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3) 9.2

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3) 9.1

Guitar Hero (PS2) 9.1

Rock Band 3 (WII/PS3/360) 9.1

Metroid Prime Trilogy (WII) 9.1

Peggle (PS3/360) 9.1

MLB 10: The Show (PS3) 9.1

Halo: Reach (X360) 9.1

Forza Motorsport 4 (X360) 9.1

Gears of War 3 (X360) 9.1

Killzone 2 (PS3) 9.1

World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International (PS2) 9.1

flower (PS4) 9.1

Trials Evolution (X360) 9.0

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (WIIU) 9.0

MLB 11: The Show (PS3) 9.0

Burnout Revenge (PS2/360) 9.0

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2) 9.0

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) 9.0

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (X360) 9.0

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (WII) 9.0

Forza Motorsport 2 (X360) 9.0

TOTAL:53

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

Let the crying and excuses from hermits begin...

This should stop all the hermit screaming about having the best games but I probably wont but at least we know the score and can el oh el at herms when screaming they have the best games. Basically if RTS/MMO are your favorite genres then PC is the best for you other wise consoles offer the most diverse high quality (AAA level) game experiences in a generation.

LOL. What a stupid post.

I would tell you why this is completely stupid, but enough people in this thread have already pointed it out.