Paid for and I look forward to it

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Looks so fun. Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I can't wait to play this. One of the few rays of sunshine from MS.

They need more quality games like this if they want to claw their way back up from their sad state now.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Looking fantastic, pre-ordered as well. I'll be honest though I am a little disappointed there is no online co-op, but I read they might try to add it post launch. No big deal though, I'll just make the effort to play the local co-op when I can, and this kind of difficult game benefits nicely from local co-op and zero lag.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cainetao11

@quadknight said:

They need more quality games like this if they want to claw their way back up from their sad state now.

Thank god for different tastes. As bad as this gen has been for them, and I do agree it has been bad, Nothing on PSN warrants my money for social gaming. getyeryayasout is the only person I talk to on that shit. Nothing they have other than last years GOTY Alienation made me glad to sign in. I get way more social gaming from Xbox with the community's of Halo 5, Gears 4, and Sea of Thieves (weekly alpha player since beginning of year). But I know your love the PS and that's cool.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cainetao11

@Alucard_Prime said:

Looking fantastic, pre-ordered as well. I'll be honest though I am a little disappointed there is no online co-op, but I read they might try to add it post launch. No big deal though, I'll just make the effort to play the local co-op when I can, and this kind of difficult game benefits nicely from local co-op and zero lag.

I read same. They want to launch finally, first and foremost but online co op is supposed to be right on its heels.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Game looks very cool, can't wait to play it myself as well.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Thank god for different tastes. As bad as this gen has been for them, and I do agree it has been bad, Nothing on PSN warrants my money for social gaming. getyeryayasout is the only person I talk to on that shit. Nothing they have other than last years GOTY Alienation made me glad to sign in. I get way more social gaming from Xbox with the community's of Halo 5, Gears 4, and Sea of Thieves (weekly alpha player since beginning of year). But I know your love the PS and that's cool.

Yea, not gonna lie. I don't have many reasons to keep paying for PS Plus to be honest. I'm not as busy online gaming as I used to be back in the day. I've been thinking about cancelling for a while now, the only thing keeping me going is Battlefield 4 and Uncharted 4 MP.

I see what you mean with the Xbox fulfilling your needs. As much as I like to bash MS on the forum they do a great job of catering to their gamers' tastes. I just want them to step their game up and also cater to broader tastes. I want them to do good because I want them to remain in the competition with Sony. We all win when both of them are doing good.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

I have a question. What about this game other than its appearance make it something novel and exciting? I ask this because afaik, this dev has no experience with platformers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Game looks awesome man, hope you enjoy it :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Yea, not gonna lie. I don't have many reasons to keep paying for PS Plus to be honest. I'm not as busy online gaming as I used to be back in the day. I've been thinking about cancelling for a while now, the only thing keeping me going is Battlefield 4 and Uncharted 4 MP.

I see what you mean with the Xbox fulfilling your needs. As much as I like to bash MS on the forum they do a great job of catering to their gamers' tastes. I just want them to step their game up and also cater to broader tastes. I want them to do good because I want them to remain in the competition with Sony. We all win when both of them are doing good.

My friend, SO DO I. Its frustrating. Spencer would at least engage me on twitter in the past because I tweet respectfully and ask thought out questions. But in the last 3 weeks? Nothing. LOL I sound like a girl who hasn't gotten a phone call LOL but seriously. He ignores majority of the retards that tweet him, but does in fact engage with others. I let him know that I really hope Crackdown 3 MP is as great as they alluded to. ..................................................*crickets* since delay.

It was the promise of that game that made me ok with waiting on State of Decay 2 until 2018, now its both. But ok, if it means that MP is great I'm in. I understood with Witcher 3 delay and Uncharted 4 so I gotta be ok here. But I literally tweet daily at them: New studios, talent, games. I'm trying the Andy Dufrasne technique here LOL

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'm pre ordering this as soon as I get paid again lol. Cannot wait!

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Cuphead is an upcoming run and gun platform indie video game by Canadian brothers Chad and Jared Moldenhauer

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Agreed! Xbox does need to step up to the plate if they want to really play.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Cuphead, looks amazing! As for you guys, nice responses! I completely agree. Everyone likes what they like, no one cares what others think because they'll still play and buy what they like. No matter how sales, games, or outlook looks for any of the big 3 companies. I enjoy all 3, Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft. I would like for Sony to release a solid exclusive online shooter, would like for Nintendo to improve online and add an achievement/trophy system of some sort, and would like for Microsoft to release some solid JRPG's like they did back in the day. Lost Odyssey was awesome for me. Each console has pro's and con's...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Buying Cuphead on Steam and looking forward to it since I did watch a lot of old school cartoons from the 30's, 40's 50's growing up in the 90's.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Welcome to the club

Can't wait for this game!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

It does look great. It reminded me of the Steamboat Willy stages from Epic Mickey.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cainetao11

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

I have a question. What about this game other than its appearance make it something novel and exciting? I ask this because afaik, this dev has no experience with platformers.

LOL are you aware there is a thread about a new Monolifth Software game on the first page with ONLY CONCEPT ART?

Have you not watched how insane this game gets? Old school, manly 2D platform shooter. No hand holding true level design manly old school.

Manly old........................school

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I love love the way this looks, but wasn't the hands-on response quite lukewarm the last time is had a floor presence (I think e3?)? I hope it turns out great, is a demo scheduled like they did for Recore?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cainetao11

@ryu_silveira said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Cuphead, looks amazing! As for you guys, nice responses! I completely agree. Everyone likes what they like, no one cares what others think because they'll still play and buy what they like. No matter how sales, games, or outlook looks for any of the big 3 companies. I enjoy all 3, Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft. I would like for Sony to release a solid exclusive online shooter, would like for Nintendo to improve online and add an achievement/trophy system of some sort, and would like for Microsoft to release some solid JRPG's like they did back in the day. Lost Odyssey was awesome for me. Each console has pro's and con's...

Confession time guys.......................................I bought Lost Odyssey. Its BC and I really like the idea of broadening my horizons. Probably more than I actually like these games LOL

But yes, dude, there are positives and negatives to any platform. Only the punkbitches do not see that. I am by no means rich, but I can afford this hobby because I'm creeping on 50, and I don't ever want kids or a family. So my money is mine.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

I can't wait to play this! First time I turn on my DustyBoxOne in several months.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@ryu_silveira said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Confession time guys.......................................I bought Lost Odyssey. Its BC and I really like the idea of broadening my horizons. Probably more than I actually like these games LOL

But yes, dude, there are positives and negatives to any platform. Only the punkbitches do not see that. I am by no means rich, but I can afford this hobby because I'm creeping on 50, and I don't ever want kids or a family. So my money is mine.

How was it bro? I remember playing it on the Xbox 360 and I loved it! And definitely man, each console offers me something the other console doesn't. I'm planning on picking up a Pro again, the white one when it releases in September to go alongside my Scorpio. The Playstation offers me those single player games I enjoy like Persona 5 & Ni No Kuni II. Switch for its exclusives and everything else will be on the Xbox :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I look forward to it too, those aesthetics alone are gorgeous.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

I'm so freaking hyped for this. The art style alone has me hooked

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@cainetao11: I've seen videos. It looks pretty standard minus the art style. Is there a gameplay mechanic or something that makes this stick out? Right now, almost everyone cites the artstyle in this game as it's primary boon.

I'm asking the question seriously. Not trying to come at anyone.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

May the flying spaghetti monster endow many blessing and exlusives on your shiny new consoles.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

For me there is obviously the look, the graphics are apparently hand drawn. I'm a big fan of that stuff. The music is very cool too and reminiscent of that era. The gameplay I really don't know like you said the dev has no past experience with that.....but it's not a platformer, it's more a shooter(shump). I saw an interview where the dev said the boss battles are very elaborate, so that is something to look forward to. I hope the gameplay delivers, I think they added a dash move, which sounds like a good idea in theory. They seem to understand how the genre works and that difficulty is important. We will know soon enough

edit: yeah I can see the platforming in that clip, I haven't watched much footage to be honest. But it's considered more a shooter

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Can't believe what I'm reading... are you saying something half-way positive about MS/Xbox? HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Send someone to come help pick me up off the floor will ya!

Lol.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@appariti0n said:

May the flying spaghetti monster endow many blessing and exlusives on your shiny new consoles.

r'amen

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

The game looks absolutely amazing an several levels. I seriously hope there is either a difficulty setting or that later content gets much more difficult then what I have seen in the videos though. Either way, this is a NO DOUBT buy. I love the art direction (like really old school cartoons) and pace.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Yeah i'll pass.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Can't believe what I'm reading... are you saying something half-way positive about MS/Xbox? HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Send someone to come help pick me up off the floor will ya!

Lol.

? I've got you bro.

I don't hate MS contrary to popular belief, I just think lems on this board are clowns for the most part. Me and a few of your reasonable lem bros get along quite well.

The people I have problems with are usually the super hardcore lems that take this place too seriously.

We're all gamers at the end of the day. I bash Xbone and lems but in the end I don't give a crap what system you guys play and I don't want MS to leave the console business. I'm just here to troll lems for the lulz ?.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Lol.

I don't hate MS contrary to popular belief, I just think lems on this board are clowns for the most part. Me and a few of your reasonable lem bros get along quite well.

The people I have problems with are usually the super hardcore lems that take this place too seriously.

We're all gamers at the end of the day. I bash Xbone and lems but in the end I don't give a crap what system you guys play and I don't want MS to leave the console business. I'm just here to troll lems for the lulz ?.

Lol, ok then.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46276 Posts

That style they are going for is so unique, even after so many years.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

Xbox has brought nothing but sh*t to the gaming world. They were the first to ask money for online gaming.

The exclusives were also pathetic. Halo, Forza, Gears ad infinitum.

Gaming was better without MS.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By QuadKnight

@knight-k: You're right they brought pay to play online and it's one of the reasons I dislike MS' tactics but we still need them in the industry. if they go completely then Sony may decide to get lazy and not give a shit. One of the main reasons Sony is a power house with exclusives is because of the competition they had during the PS3/360 era when they were forced to make their own exclusives and build studios after 3rd party stopped doing exclusive deals.

Sony Worldwide Studios exists now in its current form as a result of their competition with MS. It's the reason we have HZD, UC4, Gravity Rush, etc. Yea, the downside is that they copied bullshit like pay to play online but the positive is that we got a shit ton of great exclusives in return and an awesome console like the PS4. Regardless of how you feel about MS it is essential for them to stick around because they are the only competition (weak competition tho' lol) Sony has in the console space since Nintendo stopped giving a shit.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@quadknight: very much agreed

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@quadknight said:

@knight-k: You're right they brought pay to play online and it's one of the reasons I dislike MS' tactics but we still need them in the industry. if they go completely then Sony may decide to get lazy and not give a shit. One of the main reasons Sony is a power house with exclusives is because of the competition they had during the PS3/360 era when they were forced to make their own exclusives and build studios after 3rd party stopped doing exclusive deals.

Sony Worldwide Studios exists now in its current form as a result of their competition with MS. It's the reason we have HZD, UC4, Gravity Rush, etc. Yea, the downside is that they copied bullshit like pay to play online but the positive is that we got a shit ton of great exclusives in return and an awesome console like the PS4. Regardless of how you feel about MS it is essential for them to stick around because they are the only competition (weak competition tho' lol) Sony has in the console space since Nintendo stopped giving a shit.

I agree partially, if not for MS last gen, Sony would've probably slacked off in the games department...but still. If I look at the net positive MS brought the gaming industry, I don't see much. They brought more negatives than positives to the industry, and the industry can miss such "competition".

In the end, yes competition is good...but it depends what kind of competition imo.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Looks cool but it's not my type of game.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: that's why there is a little skepticism on my end about the game. It's a great looking throwback to the likes of Contra, Megaman, etc, but this game was hit with hard delays because it was a boss rush game with no platform of in it. They then got the assistance from MS and decided to go for their true vision of the game and put in platformer levels with enimies but the dev themselves said it's still more Boss Rush than platformer.

I'm still there Day 1 for this game I just can't not support its art design and the game play even looks on point even if the game turns out to be tedious.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@cainetao11: I knew we would see eye to eye at some point. I've been super hype for Cuphead since the reveal. The visual style is amazing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

Nuff said. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I'm definitely giving this game a go when it releases. It looks like great fun. :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@cainetao11: I've seen videos. It looks pretty standard minus the art style. Is there a gameplay mechanic or something that makes this stick out? Right now, almost everyone cites the artstyle in this game as it's primary boon.

I'm asking the question seriously. Not trying to come at anyone.

Not that I know of. I'm going on the feedback from E3 in which those that played it state its a challenging throwback of a game. And the art style helps LOL

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: POST of the year with that gif LMAO

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cainetao11

@goldenelementxl said:

@cainetao11: I knew we would see eye to eye at some point. I've been super hype for Cuphead since the reveal. The visual style is amazing.

I pre ordered it as soon as it was available after E3

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

This game looks absolutely butter smooth and amazing. Such a great homage to '30's cartoons.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Looks awesome. Co-op is going to be a blast, can't wait!

I'm not playing that...lol That looks harder than broforce...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Psh, looks too cartoony. Where are my bulging muscles on top of muscles and guns? This is kids play!