Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 10974 Posts

Blizzard selling free DLC tagging as sequel. great!!

why they get freepass yet ubisoft and others get blame?

overwatch was already rip off game in 2016 by selling online only game at full price despite being poor mans team fortress 2. it won GOTY was just beyond me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5475 Posts

"Redefining what it means to be a sequel"

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7294 Posts

Eine globale invasion!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5175 Posts

I thought the world was over Overwatch by now.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39051 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I thought the world was over Overwatch by now.

Overwatch is still popular and I always like that game more then Team Fortress myself.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2409 Posts

is the game good?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36021 Posts

@TJDMHEM said:

is the game good?

It was just announced, Overwatch is very good though.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1545 Posts

Overwatch 1 was pretty good, not sure there is enough newness in this to draw me back in to be honest.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26908 Posts

Meiner Lieben!

I wonder if they finally find a way to split the serious from the fun audience. I would prefer if your account is either set to serious (ranked), and a minimum time (maybe a few days) to switch between the two. Because right now there is no way for someone who just plays for fun to enjoy Overwatch.

Or at least a convenient way to mute all and disable chat for future matches.

Imagine being away from the game for a few months because you've played other stuff. You come back to it, you don't even know all the ability tweaks and maybe the new costumes/characters. The first few matches are just a wave of obscenities thrown your way, even on unranked play.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3534 Posts

Im a big fan of OW, its the main game my friends link up with on ps4, have about 5-6 friends that reguraly play together.

But i must say, this looks like shit, massively dissapointed, first of all no SP or CO OP is needed, i dont want any friggin bots in the game. I like it because it has good team based pvp, them adding all this other bullshit just means less focus on the core aspect, the PvP MP. They should focus on PVP, game modes, maps, new heroes, and balancing those heroes, No SP or CO-OP in OW.. No friggin bots maaaaaan nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

And you know Its because of the SP gamers who mostly hate OW anyway because its MP only, Blizzard shouldnt be catering to these gamers who dont want to play the shit anyway. All this is going to do is pull resources to shit the actual fanbase doeant even want. Very dissapointed

killjoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 killjoi
Member since 2002 • 10004 Posts

Nice cinematic, as always. Reserving judgment on whether this is worth it, based on what is known so far. Co-op sounds nice, but we'll see if it's different from the Quick Play arcade modes where PvE is sometimes the focus.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2828 Posts

Overshield.

long done w that silly game.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

Why does this game look so souless. It's like they put every character trope they could think of but made them completely 1 dimensional.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@moistcarrot said:

Why does this game look so souless. It's like they put every character trope they could think of but made them completely 1 dimensional.

Are you talking about COR BLIMEY GOV I'M BRITISH CAUSE THAT'S HOW ALL BRITISH PEOPLE ARE CHIM CHIMINEY or the very obvious Beast ripoff, as low rent Xmen attempt to stop the Sentinels?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35802 Posts

@jeezers said:

Im a big fan of OW, its the main game my friends link up with on ps4, have about 5-6 friends that reguraly play together.

But i must say, this looks like shit, massively dissapointed, first of all no SP or CO OP is needed, i dont want any friggin bots in the game. I like it because it has good team based pvp, them adding all this other bullshit just means less focus on the core aspect, the PvP MP. They should focus on PVP, game modes, maps, new heroes, and balancing those heroes, No SP or CO-OP in OW.. No friggin bots maaaaaan nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

And you know Its because of the SP gamers who mostly hate OW anyway because its MP only, Blizzard shouldnt be catering to these gamers who dont want to play the shit anyway. All this is going to do is pull resources too shit the actual fanbase doeant even want. Very dissapointed

What is going to stop you from just playing the PvP focused OW1?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 2675 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

overwatch was already rip off game in 2016 by selling online only game at full price despite being poor mans team fortress 2. it won GOTY was just beyond me.

So let me get this straight, Blizzard is offering....free...DLC.....

OH NO WHAT A TRAVESTY HOW ANTI-CONSUMER!!!!11!

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 443 Posts

@jeezers said:

And you know Its because of the SP gamers who mostly hate OW anyway because its MP only, Blizzard shouldnt be catering to these gamers who dont want to play the shit anyway. All this is going to do is pull resources to shit the actual fanbase doeant even want. Very dissapointed

We're not really losing anything and gaining more. The PVE seasonal events in OW1 were actually well-liked and popular, but got repetitive because they said the engine didn't allow for any complex enemy behavior. So it was fun for brief moments but also shallow. In OW2, with the ability to upgrade skills and combo them in unique ways, and an upgraded engine exclusive to the sequel, I think the PVE portion might be a lot more fun. Also, I'm not sure if the CG trailer released today indicates anything, but they showed a huge ass robot as big as Godzilla. That would be very cool if we can fight that this time around.

All the previous multiplayer stuff remains unchanged, and everyone across OW1 and OW2 can play the same maps and new characters, to not completely piss off OW1 folks.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28850 Posts

Very cool stuff. I really enjoyed Overwatch and am even more hyped for the sequel because they’re putting in more PvE stuff.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeezers

@Pedro: its just annoying, I was looking forward to a sequel, now im not, as far as adding to the core game they arent giving us shit but a new hero and a few new maps. The pve shit I have 0 interest in, so your right I might as well just play OW1.a few new maps and a hero isnt worth the price of a new game for me

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeezers

@whatafailure: not worth the money, a few new maps and a hero... Wasted oppurtunity... So OW2 is basically OW1 with PVE bs I diddnt want, who was asking for this in the playerbase?

The pve stuff I have 0 interest in.

This sequel is a bust, its literraly OW1 with PVE modes with bots, thats lame asf

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 10974 Posts
@jaydan said:
@ghosts4ever said:

They are releasing full price game which can be free DLC.

i predict this overwatch 2 will win GOTY 2020, praise as 10/10 game, and overshadow Doom Eternal the real FPS how in 2016 overwatch overshadow Doom 2016.

It will be worst game of 2020 along with avengers.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 37 Posts

Just repackaging most of the stuff from the first game. How a sequel should be.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 2964 Posts

I have no idea what the issue is. Ill wait to see how much content they put into this and judge it later, but right now I like what I see.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 2675 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:
@ghosts4ever said:

It will be worst game of 2020 along with avengers.

Wow, wow, wow.

My mom always told me to never talk to strangers that come from the future.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@moistcarrot said:

Are you talking about COR BLIMEY GOV I'M BRITISH CAUSE THAT'S HOW ALL BRITISH PEOPLE ARE CHIM CHIMINEY or the very obvious Beast ripoff, as low rent Xmen attempt to stop the Sentinels?

lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28850 Posts

Just watched the official announcement cinematic trailer, “Zero Hour” and it was pretty damn awesome. It certainly got me amped. 👍

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 uninspiredcup  Online

Guess they didn't forget.

Loading Video...

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4653 Posts

I'm ok with them selling it as a sequel if the price vs new content is valuable. I get mad when companies don't maintain and add to a game before releasing another paid version. Blizzard clearly doesn't do this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Here's a list of features from your overpriced, redefining stand-alone expansion pack.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 1697 Posts

I played Overwatch for a while a few years ago. Don't think there's much here to draw me back in. We will see though.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24668 Posts

I welcome them giving me new free content to my already purchased Overwatch.

Don't care at all about the shit they want money for though. The PvE stuff they had in Overwatch was boring as hell.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup  Online

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44797 Posts

Would much prefer an original IP from Blizzard in the next couple years than another installment in one of their well-established franchises.

With that said, Overwatch is a good game, but a sequel at this point seems a little unnecessary. To me, at least. With that said...

...It's hard to tell with Blizzard games because they stay so popular throughout the years, it's hard to say "Oh, well, now that you mention it, the game is a few years old" because with so many people playing and so much news about it, it doesn't seem that old.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3741 Posts

Yeah it seems very odd to make a expansion pack a sequel.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24668 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

With that said, Overwatch is a good game, but a sequel at this point seems a little unnecessary. To me, at least. With that said...

They can call it a sequel if they want to, but it's OW1 with slightly upgraded graphics, a few more heroes and a new mode. It's basically a slightly bigger update than the game usually gets. OW2 for me will just be a free update to OW (since the PvE stuff is boring as hell, and I'm not paying for more of that), just like any other free updates the game has received. Calling it OW2 is just weird and misleading to me.

I'm really glad it's not an actual sequel.