I feel like there's been like a huge sudden influx of overrated games threads for the past few weeks in the fourms on GS. Not only in System Wars but in other fourms like Primary Games Discussions, PC and Mac Games Board, EVERYWHERE like, "Your Overrated Games," "Most Overrated Video Game of All Time," "Overrated Systems," "PC Overrated Graphics," "Overrated @$$es," "Overrated this," "Overrated that" "Overrated your mom," good....lord. How about we perhaps, maybe, kind of, I don't know....CHANGE THE STUPID TOPIC?
Anyways, underrated. Underrated games, any? What are your personal underrated games of the past two gens (this includes the Xbox-360, Ps3, and Wii gen and the one before that just for the heck of it). Also, don't just use GS scores for determining something underrated like Skyward Sword or whatever use all the gaming sites and not just GS for your choices (Gamer Rankings, Metacritic, etc.). So, what are your underrated games?
I do't have many but here's just my quick list of games that come off the top of my head.
- Transformers: War for Cybertron (great game and great third person shooter and the fact that it's Transformers and takes advantage of the Transformers universe better than like the movie games before it)
- Planetside 2 (it's good in terms of reviews but some people find the other two ((Tribes and Natural Selection 2)) a bit better than it but, honestly, imo, it was the best massively multiplayer first person shooter last year and yes I did play Tribes, have yet to play Natural Selection 2, and Planetside 2 kicks Tribes @$$)
- Killing Floor (on par with Left 4 Dead and maybe even better)
- Knights of the Old Republic 2: Sith Lords (before the mod I thought the game was great ((I didn't play the first game sadly but still it was great right off the bat)) and now with this new restoration mod it seems to have made a very significant improvement. May be my first downloaded mod just to see what all the fuss is about)
- Sanctum (very fun tower defense/FPS hybrid)
- Magicka (takes a while to get into and it did suffer from a not so good launch it has really cleaned up over time and it is really good, hard to get into the whole attack control scheme but if you can it is a lot of fun especially co-op)