Overrated cowboy game announced for PC - Released December

  • 180 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:

@WESTBLADE: I never cared about the game either and even said I was using it as SW fodder, but you hermits have taken it hard as your trying to project your frustration onto me, but It doesn't work.

PS...I hope you enjoy the game because we all know you're going to buy it lol.

Were you drunk when you wrote that or didn't read my post at all?

'cause you dodged all the facts like bullets.

You think that PC is the lead platform and MS are throwing us a bone, damn you're delusional af, as its the other way around in MS are throwing you hermits a bone because they fucked up the start of this gen and are just giving you guys games because they like money.

Like I said enjoy RDR2 there laster race guy as the real master race gamers have been there & done that.

That there is the real facts :)

you dont even like RDR or rockstar games. why you are posting here when this is not the first case of time exclusive. when will shenmue 3 coming to your precious xbox? next year so?

RDR2 get best version release year later and its worth it.

Why are you talking about a timed exclusive, are you trying to say that either MS or Sony paid money to R* to keep it off PC???

As for Shenmue 3 well every man & his dog knows Sony paid to keep it off of Xbox, for how long who knows.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

@WESTBLADE: Yeah all those game where the lead platform was PC and never released on PC lol. You try way too hard. Enjoy your lead platform RDR2 a year later after being downgraded for consoles lol.

Avatar image for WESTBLADE
WESTBLADE

547

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153 WESTBLADE
Member since 2006 • 547 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:

@WESTBLADE: I never cared about the game either and even said I was using it as SW fodder, but you hermits have taken it hard as your trying to project your frustration onto me, but It doesn't work.

PS...I hope you enjoy the game because we all know you're going to buy it lol.

Were you drunk when you wrote that or didn't read my post at all?

'cause you dodged all the facts like bullets.

You think that PC is the lead platform and MS are throwing us a bone, damn you're delusional af, as its the other way around in MS are throwing you hermits a bone because they fucked up the start of this gen and are just giving you guys games because they like money.

Like I said enjoy RDR2 there laster race guy as the real master race gamers have been there & done that.

That there is the real facts :)

Haha, where all the money came/comes from? Microsoft Windows.

PC is main platform for majority of multi-platform games for some time now, then it's scaled down to consoles - otherwise we would have the same textures/effects/3d models, etc. running "just" at higher resolutions/framerates. Let's not talk about PhysX, Hairworks, Raytracing which the AMD GPU owners didn't exprience (yet), but that's just a minority of PC gamers...

You do have that though....... (There is the ODD exception) but generally ports to PC are just more refined console games with slightly better precision and resolution for some effects.

If PC is the main platform why does it's games on ultra settings look virtually no better then console games? (Resolution aside)

You must be one of those "graphics blind" people, i presume? Enjoy:
https://gamingbolt.com/gears-5-xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-analysis-one-of-the-best-looking-games-of-all-time

Also Ultra settings aren't always equivalent of Max settings, in many PC games, the "Ultra preset" is still not equivalent of maxed out (no, i'm NOT talking about anti-aliasing/Vsync here).
For example: Gears 4/5 have "Insane" options for few settings, The Crew 2 doesn't offer SSAO+ on "Ultra"... As for other things, draw distance can be/is much greater, therefore LOD bias is/can be vastly reduced to the point of basically eliminating them (object/texture pop-in). What about particles density and shadow/reflection quality?

Another major role can play the quality (and proper calibration) of your monitor/TV. And no, for how PC games look, these compressed to oblivion YouTube videos are not a good reference either... But i'm just gonna post one clip to frustrate/increase inferiority complex of @i_p_daily even more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6aYQ--nHc&feature=youtu.be&t=283

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

10706

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#154 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10706 Posts

@scatteh316: Didnot you said RDR2 never come to PC?

Avatar image for WESTBLADE
WESTBLADE

547

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#155 WESTBLADE
Member since 2006 • 547 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@WESTBLADE: Yeah all those game where the lead platform was PC and never released on PC lol. You try way too hard. Enjoy your lead platform RDR2 a year later after being downgraded for consoles lol.

No, you're trying way too hard. I'm obviously talking about multi-platform games that are released on PC and console(s) at the same time.

BTW, I'd bet you purposedly dodged the post above where i tagged you, so what's your answer for this: https://gamingbolt.com/gears-5-xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-analysis-one-of-the-best-looking-games-of-all-time and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6aYQ--nHc&feature=youtu.be&t=283

???

Avatar image for floppydics
floppydics

108

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#156 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 108 Posts

Jesus that game was boring the first is far superior. No bias I love pc but take it from me pc only save your money. Rockstar games have less soul with every release what happened to the pioneers that brought us gta3, skip it wait for bg3, vampire bloodlines 2 etc

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#157 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:

@WESTBLADE: Yeah all those game where the lead platform was PC and never released on PC lol. You try way too hard. Enjoy your lead platform RDR2 a year later after being downgraded for consoles lol.

No, you're trying way too hard. I'm obviously talking about multi-platform games that are released on PC and console(s) at the same time.

BTW, I'd bet you purposedly dodged the post above where i tagged you, so what's your answer for this: https://gamingbolt.com/gears-5-xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-analysis-one-of-the-best-looking-games-of-all-time and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6aYQ--nHc&feature=youtu.be&t=283

???

I have notifications turned off so I don't get spam from people like you :) as for your link well I didn't click on it because I care not for graphics comparisons in which I have posted multiple times before, maybe if you were around here a bit more people wouldn't have to explain things like this to you.

Like I said before enjoy RDR2 laster race guy as we all know you're going to buy it just to gloat over its graphics lol.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24447

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#158 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24447 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

They should have released it when I still cared about it. Lost sale.

wild west is incredible setting. full of badass men with cowboy hats and guns. kinda shame developers are not exploring this genre most.

Agreed.

Post of the year. xD

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#159 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@floppydics said:

Jesus that game was boring the first is far superior. No bias I love pc but take it from me pc only save your money. Rockstar games have less soul with every release what happened to the pioneers that brought us gta3, skip it wait for bg3, vampire bloodlines 2 etc

Cowboy/Western games are hard to come by and not much to go around but Red Dead Revolver. Red Dead Redemption and now Red Dead Redemption 2 are known to be the best old western games you can get and I read plenty of reviewers saying it's like Witcher 3 when it comes to open world activities and I'm an expert on playing open-world games anyways. I'll buy it on PC from Rockstar Games Launcher but I won't play it until around December once I'm done with everything and that month is my personal break time at home, so RDR2 will be a nice slow-burn gaming for me :)

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

8732

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#160 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 8732 Posts

Glad I didn't buy the ps4 version. Now I can enjoy it with some real nice settings.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#161 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

Mouse aiming is going to make this game so much more enjoyable I beat the PS4 version but man aiming with the sticks is the worst.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#162  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

PC specs are in

Minimum specifications:

OS: Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300

Memory: 8GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB HDD

Space: 150GB

Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended specifications:

OS: Windows 10 - April 2018 Update (v1803)

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

Memory: 12GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB

HDD Space: 150GB

Sound Card: DirectX compatible

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-system-requirements/

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

5359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#163 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5359 Posts

@warmblur said:

PC specs are in

Minimum specifications:

OS: Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300

Memory: 8GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB HDD

Space: 150GB

Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended specifications:

OS: Windows 10 - April 2018 Update (v1803)

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

Memory: 12GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB

HDD Space: 150GB

Sound Card: DirectX compatible

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-system-requirements/

Nice. Pretty low specs. Hopefully that means the game will be well optimized.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

10706

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#164 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10706 Posts

Really low requirement for this kind of ambitious project.

I think game will be very well optimize. Rockstar really have talent (as shown in Max payne 3) if they utilize it.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#165 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

Are they seriously about space storage being 150GB!? Is Rockstars smoking Meth?

Avatar image for ezekiel43
Ezekiel43

1873

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#166 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 1873 Posts

@davillain- said:

Are they seriously about space storage being 150GB!? Is Rockstars smoking Meth?

Game sizes are going to be awful next gen, with the PS5 having 100 GB discs. Devs will make files gigantic just because they can. Not that game sizes aren't bad already. Rockstar games don't even look THAT detailed.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@davillain- said:

Are they seriously about space storage being 150GB!? Is Rockstars smoking Meth?

Game sizes are going to be awful next gen, with the PS5 having 100 GB discs. Devs will make files gigantic just because they can. Not that game sizes aren't bad already. Rockstar games don't even look THAT detailed.

It's a good thing I have 1TB SSD & a 2TB HD into my PC, but wow, I don't have issues with the storage for RDR2 but never expected to be this high already. Next-gen consoles better have 2TB SSD cause 1TB isn't going to cut it. (Looking at you Xbox One with 1TB already installed)

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35482

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#168 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35482 Posts

I can't think of anything worth getting excited about next-gen.

Larger install sizes. Jacked up game prices. New predatory practices. More shitty movie games. Hardware costs.

While games will largely remain the same old shit, possibly worse.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

31669

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#169 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31669 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I can't think of anything worth getting excited about next-gen.

Larger install sizes. Jacked up game prices. New predatory practices. More shitty movie games. Hardware costs.

While games will largely remain the same old shit, possibly worse.

What was the last console generation you were truly hyped for?

New features, new games, new experiences, ...

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

10706

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#170 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10706 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I can't think of anything worth getting excited about next-gen.

Larger install sizes. Jacked up game prices. New predatory practices. More shitty movie games. Hardware costs.

While games will largely remain the same old shit, possibly worse.

What was the last console generation you were truly hyped for?

New features, new games, new experiences, ...

I dont have any hope for next console gen either.

PS4 is still damn overpriced and have no game i would be interested in. RDR2 was closest and its out now on PC.

atleast PS3 had game that kinda interested me and that was Resistance 3. wish i could play it.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35482

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35482 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I can't think of anything worth getting excited about next-gen.

Larger install sizes. Jacked up game prices. New predatory practices. More shitty movie games. Hardware costs.

While games will largely remain the same old shit, possibly worse.

What was the last console generation you were truly hyped for?

New features, new games, new experiences, ...

Prob PS2.

Imagine seeing this on a shitty 56k modem shitty mac computer with shitty Quicktime in a shitty classroom when you're suppose to be doing work.

Big fucking wowee.

Loading Video...

We aren't getting jumps like that anymore and nothing new is exciting. Further, games have reached dangerously predatory levels. And by dangerous, that's not hyperbole, it's literally scumtrash trying to get kiddies into gambling and building games around the worst shit they can dream up.

On the other hand, indie games, which generally don't require a fuckload of powerful hardware, are doing great.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9673

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#172 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9673 Posts
@davillain- said:
@floppydics said:

Jesus that game was boring the first is far superior. No bias I love pc but take it from me pc only save your money. Rockstar games have less soul with every release what happened to the pioneers that brought us gta3, skip it wait for bg3, vampire bloodlines 2 etc

Cowboy/Western games are hard to come by and not much to go around but Red Dead Revolver. Red Dead Redemption and now Red Dead Redemption 2 are known to be the best old western games you can get and I read plenty of reviewers saying it's like Witcher 3 when it comes to open world activities and I'm an expert on playing open-world games anyways. I'll buy it on PC from Rockstar Games Launcher but I won't play it until around December once I'm done with everything and that month is my personal break time at home, so RDR2 will be a nice slow-burn gaming for me :)

if you dug The Witcher 3 I suspect you'll enjoy RDR2 as well. it has a similarly slow, measured pace with a focus on story and getting immersed in the world.

easily my favourite two games from this gen. i'm just jealous you'll get to play through it on PC for the first time.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

10706

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#173 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10706 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:
@davillain- said:
@floppydics said:

Jesus that game was boring the first is far superior. No bias I love pc but take it from me pc only save your money. Rockstar games have less soul with every release what happened to the pioneers that brought us gta3, skip it wait for bg3, vampire bloodlines 2 etc

Cowboy/Western games are hard to come by and not much to go around but Red Dead Revolver. Red Dead Redemption and now Red Dead Redemption 2 are known to be the best old western games you can get and I read plenty of reviewers saying it's like Witcher 3 when it comes to open world activities and I'm an expert on playing open-world games anyways. I'll buy it on PC from Rockstar Games Launcher but I won't play it until around December once I'm done with everything and that month is my personal break time at home, so RDR2 will be a nice slow-burn gaming for me :)

if you dug The Witcher 3 I suspect you'll enjoy RDR2 as well. it has a similarly slow, measured pace with a focus on story and getting immersed in the world.

easily my favourite two games from this gen. i'm just jealous you'll get to play through it on PC for the first time.

and if I hate witcher 3. will i like RDR2?

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

10706

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#174 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10706 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

On the other hand, indie games, which generally don't require a fuckload of powerful hardware, are doing great.

no not really. most of indie games have been trash.

Metro Exodus require high end hardware and its excellent. better than RE2.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35482

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#175 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35482 Posts

Yes.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
PurpleMan5000

9787

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#176 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9787 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I can't think of anything worth getting excited about next-gen.

Larger install sizes. Jacked up game prices. New predatory practices. More shitty movie games. Hardware costs.

While games will largely remain the same old shit, possibly worse.

I will probably just maintain a decent mid-range PC and a Nintendo console next gen, honestly. Might get a PS5 for exclusives when the price point gets under $300.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9673

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#177 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9673 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@with_teeth26 said:

if you dug The Witcher 3 I suspect you'll enjoy RDR2 as well. it has a similarly slow, measured pace with a focus on story and getting immersed in the world.

easily my favourite two games from this gen. i'm just jealous you'll get to play through it on PC for the first time.

and if I hate witcher 3. will i like RDR2?

depends what you hated about it. If you disliked the movement style... RDR2 is similar. there is weight to your character. it can feel a bit sluggish at first but I got used to it pretty quick. I would say RDR2 is as good a shooter as Witcher 3 is a hack and slash action game (that is to say, not its biggest strength)

if you disliked the setting and story stuff in Witcher 3, I suspect that will be more up your alley in RDR2.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

9866

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#178  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9866 Posts

Thanks for beta testing console non-gamers. Hope you enjoyed that buggy mess on low fps on low settings.

Hehe. Ferrari > Civic. You kids never learn.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

9866

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#179  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9866 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@WESTBLADE said:

I have notifications turned off

No you don't. I remember when I obliterated you to space you responded seconds after each post:

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

9866

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#180  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9866 Posts
@ajstyles said:

LOL Hermits had to port beg for years for this game.

Lmao this non-gamer casual played the shitty version of the game and beta tested for me while I had a much larger AAA/AA library to complete!

You lose.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

9866

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#181 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9866 Posts
@WESTBLADE said:
@scatteh316 said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:
@WESTBLADE said:

Were you drunk when you wrote that or didn't read my post at all?

'cause you dodged all the facts like bullets.

You think that PC is the lead platform and MS are throwing us a bone, damn you're delusional af, as its the other way around in MS are throwing you hermits a bone because they fucked up the start of this gen and are just giving you guys games because they like money.

Like I said enjoy RDR2 there laster race guy as the real master race gamers have been there & done that.

That there is the real facts :)

Haha, where all the money came/comes from? Microsoft Windows.

PC is main platform for majority of multi-platform games for some time now, then it's scaled down to consoles - otherwise we would have the same textures/effects/3d models, etc. running "just" at higher resolutions/framerates. Let's not talk about PhysX, Hairworks, Raytracing which the AMD GPU owners didn't exprience (yet), but that's just a minority of PC gamers...

You do have that though....... (There is the ODD exception) but generally ports to PC are just more refined console games with slightly better precision and resolution for some effects.

If PC is the main platform why does it's games on ultra settings look virtually no better then console games? (Resolution aside)

You must be one of those "graphics blind" people, i presume? Enjoy:

https://gamingbolt.com/gears-5-xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-analysis-one-of-the-best-looking-games-of-all-time

Also Ultra settings aren't always equivalent of Max settings, in many PC games, the "Ultra preset" is still not equivalent of maxed out (no, i'm NOT talking about anti-aliasing/Vsync here).

For example: Gears 4/5 have "Insane" options for few settings, The Crew 2 doesn't offer SSAO+ on "Ultra"... As for other things, draw distance can be/is much greater, therefore LOD bias is/can be vastly reduced to the point of basically eliminating them (object/texture pop-in). What about particles density and shadow/reflection quality?

Another major role can play the quality (and proper calibration) of your monitor/TV. And no, for how PC games look, these compressed to oblivion YouTube videos are not a good reference either... But i'm just gonna post one clip to frustrate/increase inferiority complex of @i_p_daily even more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6aYQ--nHc&feature=youtu.be&t=283

Scatteh isn't blind. He's just lying.