Outlast 1 and 2 coming to Switch in 2018

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Link

I'm glad Nintendo is getting more 3rd party support, better late then never. Perfect for going to bed and having the living daylights scared out of you.

It’s time for a little status update from us.

First off, we wanted to take a moment to thank all of you that have bought Outlast 2 and have been supporting the studio for more than 5 years now. Red Barrels was nothing more than a dream, but with a lot of blood, sweat and beers it has now become a small, fully independent studio with a kickass team who can work miracles.

We strive to create unique experiences and take risks. Hopefully, we’ll manage to entertain you for years to come.

About the future, many of you have been requesting a DLC. While the first Outlast was made with the idea of a DLC in mind, that was not the case for Outlast 2. We’ve considered many options, but none of them felt appropriate for a DLC. Outlast 2 was created to make you feel like a rat in a maze, without any knowledge of what’s outside the maze.

We will, at some point, make an Outlast 3 and answers will be given. You can also check out The Murkoff Account’s epilogue. It takes places right after the events of the second game and offers some insight into the events in the game. (https://redbarrelsgames.com/comic-books/)

Currently we’re working on something a lot of you have been asking for... It won’t be a sequel to Outlast or Outlast 2, but it will be a distinct experience set in the Outlast universe. We can’t say more right now, we first need to make sure we can make it work. Like I mentioned, we strive to be risk-takers and this one is a pretty big challenge. If all goes well, we’ll soon be able to reveal more.

In the meantime, the Outlast franchise will be released on the Nintendo Switch during the first quarter of 2018.

Cheers!

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I have 1 and Whistleblower on Xbox, don't feel like it's a game I need to double dip on, but cool! Heard 2 wasn't worth the time so I've avoided it

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56426 Posts

Cool for Nintendo Switch but I’m not getting it though, I already played the first one on PC but not the second game however.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Just good to see Nintendo going for as many games as possible. They are on their grind and that is good for Switch owners.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

but but, it's not faux 4k with ultra god rays, its not worth playing! /s

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

3rd party support is alive and well on Switch... but I think I've had my fill of hiding in video game lockers for a lifetime.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

"Who wants to play old games?"-Jim Ryan

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@davillain-: Cool for Nintendo Switch but I’m not getting it though, I already played the first one on PC but not the second game however"

Like Arkham Armored Edition, COD, BLOPS 2, Deus Ex HR directors bozak edition, Assassins Creed 4, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor to the ballbag on WiiU. It's nice that Nintendo is getting these games but I'm not interested as a Switch owner. I played Outlast on X1 and would play 2 on x1x rather then my Switch.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

This is how it starts. And slowly new games are launching day n date with the switch.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#10 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

I love how many last gen games are coming out on the Switch.