DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I called this. The Switch should be a mid life system now, and the PS4 and XBox 1 are coming to an end. So the ports are getting crap and are now going to dry up. All you will have is Nintendo, and all they are offering right now are ports of games you've already bought. You've had your mario, your zelda. They wont be porting next gen games to it. They can't.So you are faced with a short gen or even more droughts.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@jaydan:

Well, your way of thinking is what separates purists and enthusiasts. As a portable console gamer, you can't enjoy it to the fullest if you're going to knit pick every little flaw you see in console ports. For us, we just enjoy the fact that we can play the game this way!

I'm not making excuses, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. I'm just explaining it from my point of view. This how it is for us and this is why we're okay with it.

Oofff.... I think you really should re-evaluate your stance on bad ports...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38110 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

@nintendoboy16: He's just trolling because no one would think like that in real life. I guess SW gives people an idiot badge to behave however they like.

and you think im trolling 😆

What is even wrong with you? The game was released in a pre-alpha state, and you're fine with it, all is fine, its on the go, guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:

@nintendoboy16: He's just trolling because no one would think like that in real life. I guess SW gives people an idiot badge to behave however they like.

What is even wrong with you? The game was released in a pre-alpha state, and you're fine with it, all is fine, its on the go, guys.

Yes, you're trolling. You also lack reading comprehension.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#105  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17763 Posts

Even when I was a kid, I didn't much care for playing games on my GameBoy and preferred to play games on the NES and a TV because the quality was better. Portable hardware is useless unless it can run games properly. So, the Switch is fine for something like Hollow Knight, but shit for something like The Outer Worlds. Portable games are subject to the same quality standards. People who truly care about quality do not like to compromise and we avoid playing games until we can play them properly. The only exceptions are good exclusives where we have no other choice but to play them on a gimped platform.

I am not against handhelds, but they usually don't deliver a quality experience for me. Looking at a small screen in my hand while holding an uncomfortable device is not very appealing to me. Throw in the fact that they can't run many games properly and I won't even bother. I don't even play games on my phone. I would rather just browse the internet or something while I am away from a PC or console.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 hardwenzen

@briguyb13 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@briguyb13 said:

Yes, you're trolling. You also lack reading comprehension.

You're a blind sheep, i'm not reading your walls. Enjoy your 20fps on-the-go gameplay.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#107 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sakaixx:

As far as ports for portable consoles go, I take whatever I can get my hands on. As long as I want the game, of course. I don't see how that's a bad thing. I never put ports like that on the same standard as the bigger consoles. I just wouldn't be able to enjoy them like that.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#108 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

Honestly it's not an impressive looking game even on it's best settings.

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

Most Switch ports are actually pretty competent versions of their respective games. This is just an exception to that.

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

Is anybody actually surprised? Ninty needs to get off the rears,stop being cheapskates and build a real CONSOLE that is either on par with or better than Sony and Microsofts consoles.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5233 Posts

@lilhurk1985187 said:

Is anybody actually surprised? Ninty needs to get off the rears,stop being cheapskates and build a real CONSOLE that is either on par with or better than Sony and Microsofts consoles.

Nintendo can do whatever it wants and if you do not like it, why care about an impersonal foreign corporation like Nintendo?

And one thing: can you change your signature? It is considered divisive here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hardwenzen

Nintendo is printing money from the on-the-go casuals, but if they want to get proper ports, they better upgrade the Switch, its time. There is no way they couldn't have standard ps4 specs in a handheld device.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

@BassMan: I'm gonna play it so hard, bud... Dozens and dozens of hours I'll put into it just for you... Every sweet delicious low res texture and frame rate drop... Mmm....

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen: what was the latest revision from Nvidia Tegra? doesn't seem like the market at large responded well into mobile powered AAA games for Nvidia to keep releasing/revising new chips.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:

@hardwenzen: what was the latest revision from Nvidia Tegra? doesn't seem like the market at large responded well into mobile powered AAA games for Nvidia to keep releasing/revising new chips.

Nvidia doesn't have your Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc. Nintendo has absolutely everything to lure in as many mobile casuals as possible. No other companies have what Nintendo has, that's why they're domination with a laughing stock of a system (specs wise). You don't even need to discontinue the original Switch, but simply release a Switch Plus or whatever. Everyone interested in the system will be getting it over the original, even if its noticeably more expensive. That way, if you wanted to play a game such as The Outer would, you actually could... imagine that.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Nvidia doesn't have your Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc. Nintendo has absolutely everything to lure in as many mobile casuals as possible. No other companies have what Nintendo has, that's why they're domination with a laughing stock of a system (specs wise). You don't even need to discontinue the original Switch, but simply release a Switch Plus or whatever. Everyone interested in the system will be getting it over the original, even if its noticeably more expensive. That way, if you wanted to play a game such as The Outer would, you actually could... imagine that.

I am no nintendo fan but historically they did flopped with gamecube and Wii U.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Nintendo flops (this applies to other companies as well, not just Nintendo) have nothing to do with power. WiiU had the worst marketing ever seen, on par with the original xbone release. It didn't have many games either. Same applied to the GC.

If they were to release a Switch Plus, there is no way of failure. You're essentially offering a more powerful option for those who care about better preformance and possibly a higher screen resolution. All the tweets, youtube videos on how much better the new Switch is, will sell it for Nintendo no matter what. Mobile gamers are very easy to milk, so right now, as i see it, Nintendo is missing an opportunity to make even more money than what they're already printing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#118 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17763 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@BassMan: I'm gonna play it so hard, bud... Dozens and dozens of hours I'll put into it just for you... Every sweet delicious low res texture and frame rate drop... Mmm....

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Nintendo flops (this applies to other companies as well, not just Nintendo) have nothing to do with power. WiiU had the worst marketing ever seen, on par with the original xbone release. It didn't have many games either. Same applied to the GC.

If they were to release a Switch Plus, there is no way of failure. You're essentially offering a more powerful option for those who care about better preformance and possibly a higher screen resolution. All the tweets, youtube videos on how much better the new Switch is, will sell it for Nintendo no matter what. Mobile gamers are very easy to milk, so right now, as i see it, Nintendo is missing an opportunity to make even more money than what they're already printing.

Hence the original question. what is Nvidia latest chip to power the new switch? In case you don't realize, Nvidia makes the chip for Switch.

doesn't seem like Nvidia is putting alot of money into mobile chips other than for cars.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Hence the original question. what is Nvidia latest chip to power the new switch? In case you don't realize, Nvidia makes the chip for Switch.

doesn't seem like Nvidia is putting alot of money into mobile chips other than for cars.

That is not something i'm aware off of, so that may be a problem.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17775 Posts

@sakaixx: it wouldn't be outside of Nintendos MO to use tech that was not intended or gaming in their gaming machine :P. I mean as far as i can tell the Pica 200 in the 3DS was mainly designed for displaying graphics in point of sale terminals and vending machines in Japan.

as for a super switch: there is a tegra X2 and a tegra that uses volta called xavier. the jump to tegra X2 wouldn't be worth it but xavier could be interesting.

512 cuda cores and tensor cores (well a tensor processing unit according to dinternet) too (so DLSS could be on the table). it still has low power usage too and a lot more memory bandwidth. as you say, it was designed for self driving cars so there could be a fair bit of work in adapting it for an upgraded switch.