Out of all of the Game Consoles That you've Owned, Which One Is Your absolute favorite?

• 81 results
#1 Edited by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

I've owned several game consoles, and spent hours playing others that I didn't own myself like the GameCube, and I loved all of them. But overall, the Xbox 360 was my favorite. Everything from it's amazing controller, it's design, it's impressive online service, and it's amazing games made it so.

What about you?

#2 Posted by Archangel3371 (28420 posts) -

I’d go with the SNES. I have so many fond memories with that system and many of some of the greatest games of all time came out for that system.

#3 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6856 posts) -

Had snes(Didn't get to play much cause my brother destroyed it) and now a ps4.... So PS4.

#4 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

Ps4.

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19170 posts) -

Tough question to answer... I have great memories with a bunch of consoles.

In terms of pure nostalgia and fond memories, I'd have to say Gamecube. I love that console and it's games so much (I still play it occasionally).

OG Xbox & 360 aren't far behind. But I have a feeling the Switch could make the list after the generation is out.

#6 Posted by Pedro (35490 posts) -

I enjoyed the experience I had with Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox Orig the most.

#7 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

Probably PS1 followed by SNES.

#8 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

Hmm I'm gone go with 60 gig PS3 Fat. Best console ever built.

#9 Edited by xantufrog (11628 posts) -

Genesis or Dreamcast, followed by PS2/PS4 - but honestly when all is said and done it may wind up being the Switch. I use tue thing constantly and love it

#10 Edited by SaltSlasher (1245 posts) -

I could never put PS4 or SNES as #1, I find them both super over-rated. I believe that Genesis and Xbox One were better, but majority rules, just like those who swear NGC is better.

Most special are NES, PS1, and Xbox. However, PS2 is my favorite, but if we based off games I collect, I have to add 360, I literally just got back from store and bought a Gears of War Xbox 360.

#11 Posted by Heirren (2271 posts) -

@boxrekt:

Its true. That and the Wii probably have the best libraries, by far.

#12 Posted by Telekill (8556 posts) -

Favorite console is probably PS4. Great games spanning almost all my favorite series. Comfortable controller. Still playing on my launch system so the hardware is reliable.

Favorite handheld is my Sega Game Gear. It wins because of nostalgia but it's still actually a great system with good games. I'm actually still collecting games for it.

#13 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10316 posts) -

Last time i enjoyed gaming on console was on sega genesis when i was tooo young.

since then, its always been PC.

#14 Posted by ProtossRushX (5650 posts) -

PS1 was my favorite

#15 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10471 posts) -

SNES for sure. Definitely the console I had the most fun on. Second would be N64.

#16 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@heirren said:

@boxrekt:

facts

Blu-ray (at the time they retial for $1000), FULL BC with entire PS1 and PS2 plus upscaling capability (=6000+ games day 1), HDMI out box (original 360 required adapter), region unlocked, custom web browser, memory card slots, Free, FRee, FREe, FREE ONLINE play, ability to change out HD without breaking warranty...probably missing a bunch of other things.

Game wise it was more evenly supported for SP and MP games than PS4 is now.

Truthfully, PS3 was always better than 360 for MP in games: War Hawk 32 players , Motorstorm, Mod Nation Racers, Little Big Planet, Resistance 40 players, Resistance 2 60 players, TLOU, MAG 256 players, Demon's Souls, God of War ascension, UC2, Killzone 2 32 players, Star Shark, Playstation All Stars ect...

And most Sony 1st party MP titles were supported with dedicated servers unlike P2P connection on PAID online 360 games.

Only negative was crappy download and install procedure. Other than that there has never been a more feature rich "for the gamer" system.

#17 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

gameboy color and/or GBA

#18 Posted by Heirren (2271 posts) -

@boxrekt:

PS3

-entire psx library

-entire ps2 library

-entire ps3 library

-many old arcade titles and psn games

-supported a plethora of controllers

-supported both hdmi out and component out(which is great for older games)

Wii

-entire gamecube library

-entire wii library

-great selections from:

----nes

----master system

----tg-16

----genesis

----snes

----neo geo

----n64

----also had some other great old school stuff on the shop and the video output is regarded as very good by most people.

----component output.

#19 Posted by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Hmm I'm gone go with 60 gig PS3 Fat. Best console ever built.

@saltslasher said:

I could never put PS4 or SNES as #1, I find them both super over-rated. I believe that Genesis and Xbox One were better, but majority rules, just like those who swear NGC is better.

Most special are NES, PS1, and Xbox. However, PS2 is my favorite, but if we based off games I collect, I have to add 360, I literally just got back from store and bought a Gears of War Xbox 360.

Nice dude. I always thought MS out did themselves with the special editions of the 360, especially the GoW edition.

#20 Posted by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

PS1 was my favorite

I also owned a PS1. Not a bad option tbh.

#21 Posted by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@heirren said:

@boxrekt:

facts

Blu-ray (at the time they retial for $1000), FULL BC with entire PS1 and PS2 plus upscaling capability (=6000+ games day 1), HDMI out box (original 360 required adapter), region unlocked, custom web browser, memory card slots, Free, FRee, FREe, FREE ONLINE play, ability to change out HD without breaking warranty...probably missing a bunch of other things.

Game wise it was more evenly supported for SP and MP games than PS4 is now.

Truthfully, PS3 was always better than 360 for MP in games: War Hawk 32 players , Motorstorm, Mod Nation Racers, Little Big Planet, Resistance 40 players, Resistance 2 60 players, TLOU, MAG 256 players, Demon's Souls, God of War ascension, UC2, Killzone 2 32 players, Star Shark, Playstation All Stars ect...

And most Sony 1st party MP titles were supported with dedicated servers unlike P2P connection on PAID online 360 games.

Only negative was crappy download and install procedure. Other than that there has never been a more feature rich "for the gamer" system.

The biggest downfall with the PS3's online was that it was far less stable and reliable than Xbox Live. Which is why the 360 usually beats it in online. It was a good console in it's own right though. Just the 360 was better.

#22 Posted by Jag85 (13605 posts) -

The original PlayStation.

#23 Posted by Vaidream45 (2013 posts) -

Definitely my SNES. PS2 was really awesome too but honestly since I got a Switch I’ve been gaming more than I have since I was a kid.

#24 Edited by br0kenrabbit (16139 posts) -

The SNES, because it delivered.

Sega was up there with the Genesis, but then I bought the Sega CD, the 32X AND the Saturn.

**** Sega.

#25 Posted by DaVillain- (37605 posts) -

Here's a hint:

#26 Posted by mandzilla (4157 posts) -

Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch :D

#27 Posted by Archangel3371 (28420 posts) -

I have to give a honourable mention to the Neo-Geo. I don’t think that it would be in my top five favourite consoles but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t one of the coolest. There was just something so cool about those massive sized game cartridges and the fact that it’s controllers were arcade sticks was pretty damn cool as well. I really wish that I kept mine. 😥

#28 Edited by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

I have to give a honourable mention to the Neo-Geo. I don’t think that it would be in my top five favourite consoles but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t one of the coolest. There was just something so cool about those massive sized game cartridges and the fact that it’s controllers were arcade sticks was pretty damn cool as well. I really wish that I kept mine. 😥

never touched one, but it seems pretty rad, for what it is at least.

#29 Posted by Archangel3371 (28420 posts) -

@thatdbfan: It was although the games were crazy expensive.

#30 Posted by sakaiXx (5932 posts) -

Ps2

#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (53654 posts) -

I flip-flop like a MF'er, but it's probably PS1/PS2.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#32 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13684 posts) -

Probably 360 I guess.

#33 Posted by clone01 (27529 posts) -

Gamecube.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#34 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

#1 GameCube

#2 Sega Genesis/CD/32X

#3 Dreamcast

#4 Xbox 360

#5 Sega Saturn

#35 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16139 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

#2 Sega Genesis/CD/32X

How?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#36 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4139 posts) -

Gamecube, closely followed by N64 and SNES. But those were the ones of my childhood so I'd say it's only natural.

Switch might finish at the top once it's all said and done- I've had all the Gameboys and DS's but just found them all super inferior to consoles other than Pokemon. Switch finally does not.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#37 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@goldenelementxl said:

#2 Sega Genesis/CD/32X

How?

Sonic CD, Star Wars Arcade, FMV games (Prize Fighter, Sewer Shark, Night Trap, Tomcat Alley) Virtua Fighter... That 3 outlet hogging monstrosity belongs in a museum. It's a work of art

#38 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16139 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@goldenelementxl said:

#2 Sega Genesis/CD/32X

How?

Sonic CD, Star Wars Arcade, FMV games (Prize Fighter, Sewer Shark, Night Trap, Tomcat Alley) Virtua Fighter... That 3 outlet hogging monstrosity belongs in a museum. It's a work of art

Sonic CD I'll give you, it's best Sonic. I even have the Steam version.

Sewer Shark? Are you on crack? That game looked like my vomit running down the sides of the sewer pipe. And that's almost the description on the box.

The only good 32X game I can think of is Mortal Kombat II. Best version, too, especially if you have big speakers hooked up.

#39 Posted by R-Gamer (465 posts) -

Ps2 or PS4

#40 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3399 posts) -

Xbox 360 in terms of how much time I spent with it, n64 in terms of how many of my favorite games were on it.

#41 Posted by Subspecies (682 posts) -

PS1, the home of my favorite game of all time. I freakin' love that thing.

#42 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31492 posts) -

SNES

Gamecube

For their unique games that made them stand out from other consoles.

Xbox 360 is my least favourite console because it introduced microtransactions and Kinect. Let's not forget RROD either, something MS should not get away with.

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (51243 posts) -

360 or Ps2. I also love the Gamecube but that missed out on so many games near the end of its lifetime.

#44 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

The three awesome consoles in One, Mighty X1X 4K BC GP MonsterBox just can't be beat. :P

#45 Posted by Heirren (2271 posts) -

@SecretPolice:

I know someone that raved about that feature. Og xbox performs well? Hows Halo 2 hows Splinter Cell 3 look? I bet Ninja Gaiden could pass for a modern title, almost.

#46 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

@heirren:

OG Xbox and 360 BC truly is an awesome feature especially so as most if not all are given the free X1X 4K etc enhancements.

Halo 2 via MCC is a fully from ground up remake and looks and plays spectacular. :D

#47 Edited by ellos (2058 posts) -

Probably Snes followed by Psx back when I was into some jrpg bullshit.

#48 Posted by Random_Matt (4294 posts) -

Dreamcast, N64 and then PS4.

#49 Posted by robert_sparkes (3241 posts) -

Dreamcast

Mega drive

PS1

#50 Posted by AJStyles (1030 posts) -

PS4 because I don’t care about nostalgia. Consoles get better every gen.