Original Xbox had Halo, the 360 had Gears of War, What is Xbox One's new must own game?

• 55 results
#1 Posted by ProtossRushX (5635 posts) -

Where is the new hit for xbox one? PS4 had like horizon zero dawn/bloodborne/day's gone big hitters and selling a lot to fans.

This has been a horrible generation for xbox one for new exclusives and their new IP's all flopped in sales to fans there was no real must have own game for xbox one this gen that was fresh and new.

I am severely disappointed this generation i hate racing games like forza and im sick an tired of gears and halo. Fable the one franchise I like to keep playing didn't even come out.

So What is it what defined the xbox one this generation?

#2 Posted by Fedor (5271 posts) -

FH4 and MCC.

#3 Posted by ProtossRushX (5635 posts) -
@fedor said:

FH4 and MCC.

but forza horizon was on the 360 and MCC was all on the 360 cept for halo 2 anniversary

so I Just don't really wanna count those

#4 Edited by lundy86_4 (53643 posts) -

Not much? We know, as well as you knowing, so **** off? Your threads are garbage, and this is top of the pile.

#5 Posted by brimmul777 (4116 posts) -

I don't know, how about SoD2?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13682 posts) -

Crappy thread and you should feel crappy.

#7 Posted by ProtossRushX (5635 posts) -
@brimmul777 said:

State of Decay 2 is a sequel and it was kind of a indie budget game with tons of bugs a n stuff reviewers said it was broken

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#8 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

Where is the new hit for xbox one? PS4 had like horizon zero dawn/bloodborne/day's gone big hitters and selling a lot to fans.

This has been a horrible generation for xbox one for new exclusives and their new IP's all flopped in sales to fans there was no real must have own game for xbox one this gen that was fresh and new.

I am severely disappointed this generation i hate racing games like forza and im sick an tired of gears and halo. Fable the one franchise I like to keep playing didn't even come out.

Now you finally you admitted that you hate sim racing including Forza, Gran Turismo, etc.

Yet I remember you defended GT Sport prior to the release back in 2017 lolz.

Are you going to cry & beg Sony to make a new kart racer (either returning IPs such as Modnation Racers or a new IP)? lolz

#9 Edited by DaVillain- (37555 posts) -

Rare Replay is still the must own Xbox One exclusive this gen has to offer and I value that game more so for an Xbox One exclusive.

@lundy86_4 said:

Not much? We know, as well as you knowing, so **** off? Your threads are garbage, and this is top of the pile.

Don't be so hard on X, he's trying his very best to be a good poster. Who am I'm kidding? Of course he'll never learn to be one lol.

#10 Posted by Guy_Brohski (1965 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive is the only game that comes to mind. Sure, it's on PC too but it's definitely a console game at heart. The open world is surprisingly detailed and fun to explore, and using the powerlines and rails to traverse the environment is an effective way to travel.

#11 Posted by Tigerbalm (1088 posts) -

Smash hits Sea of Theives and Recore.!

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (28407 posts) -

Well I really don’t care what you like or don’t like. As far as I’m concerned the must own games for Xbox One are:

- Gears of War 4

- Halo: The Master Chief Collection

- Halo 5

- Rare Replay

- Forza Horizon 3 & 4

- Forza Motorsport 7

- Ori

- Sunset Overdrive

#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19165 posts) -

Another cow at his keyboard:

#14 Posted by Nike_Air (19334 posts) -

Titanfail.

#15 Posted by ProtossRushX (5635 posts) -

@Nike_Air: titanfall 2 is on ps4 and its the better game ppl say so I mean titanfall is invalid cuz the ps4 got the better game sorry bro

@Archangel3371: ori is a budget indie game its not lkie a big blockbuster like a halo or a gears, sunset overdrive I believe didn't hit any sales milestones close to like horizon zero dawn like 8 or 9 million sold or something epic like that

@davillain-:but rare replay is a bunch of classic old games on other systems we all still have our nintendo hooked up near by to play so we don't need rare replay.

so far nobody has said a valid game im really ashamed of this lineup and just people on here are just not doing it for us today thats okay I mean maybe tomorrow or something.

#16 Posted by I_P_Daily (12338 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

You really need to use this one for full effect :)

#17 Posted by scatteh316 (10252 posts) -

Witcher 3.......

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31459 posts) -

- Rare Replay

- Forza Horizon 3&4

#19 Posted by sealionact (4086 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Could you recommend a PS4 goto game for me?

#20 Posted by SaltSlasher (1243 posts) -

Fact is there isn't any must play for everyone, cause there is no 10s.

Master Chief Collection is essentially best game, filled with 10s, but of course they are old games. Forza Horizon 4 is the crowning achievement, sad but also great that they are making a RPG.

I had Xbox One and didn't play a single 1st party game. It wasn't til after I sold it and got the X that I played most their first party library via Game Pass. I mostly played GTA5 on my first one and X has mostly been GP.

#21 Posted by Sevenizz (4018 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: @Nike_Air: titanfall 2 is on ps4 and its the better game ppl say so I mean titanfall is invalid cuz the ps4 got the better game sorry bro’

Actually, many would argue TF1 is a better game. I’m one of them. 1 is a much smoother game (they had to dumb down 2’s multiplayer due to the lack of the cloud’s power on the ps4), rodeoing was ruined and practically made irrelevant, and the maps feel uninspired and dull. If 2 is the better game, then why have thousands continued to play 1 on the X1 since 2’s launch?

#22 Posted by scatteh316 (10252 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

@ProtossRushX: @Nike_Air: titanfall 2 is on ps4 and its the better game ppl say so I mean titanfall is invalid cuz the ps4 got the better game sorry bro’

Actually, many would argue TF1 is a better game. I’m one of them. 1 is a much smoother game (they had to dumb down 2’s multiplayer due to the lack of the cloud’s power on the ps4), rodeoing was ruined and practically made irrelevant, and the maps feel uninspired and dull. If 2 is the better game, then why have thousands continued to play 1 on the X1 since 2’s launch?

No they didn't......lmao...... PS4's 40% GPU performance would of easily made up the power gap if they used GPU compute.

#23 Posted by Worlds_Apart (191 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@Archangel3371: ori is a budget indie game its not lkie a big blockbuster like a halo or a gears, sunset overdrive I believe didn't hit any sales milestones close to like horizon zero dawn like 8 or 9 million sold or something epic like that

He's trolling guys. Goods games have been said here and he changes the criteria to sales. No game anyone says will be good enough for him. Nice troll.

#24 Posted by AJStyles (1024 posts) -

I have played all the “exclusives” on xbone.

The only game I can say that was legit “good” 7/10 would be Quantum Break.

Forza Horizon 4 is pretty good too.

But everything else was trash. Sea of fail, Recore is one of the worst games ever made.

#25 Posted by Howmakewood (5952 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

I have played all the “exclusives” on xbone.

The only game I can say that was legit “good” 7/10 would be Quantum Break.

Forza Horizon 4 is pretty good too.

But everything else was trash. Sea of fail, Recore is one of the worst games ever made.

Ye jumped in on the pc game pass, game looks great and its quite a bit of fun

#26 Posted by Rockman999 (7508 posts) -

Easily Forza Horizon. Sure you can discount it because the 360 had FH1 but that'd be like dismissing Forza and everything FMS 2,3 and 4 brought to the table from the 360 lineup because there was a Forza game on the OG Xbox or GOW from the PS4 because there were GOW games on the PS2 and 3. FH has grown into its own thing and done well on the Xbone. I wish Sony didn't dissolve Evo studios because Driveclub was a great game and I would have loved an open world racing game like FH on the PS4.

Things are anemic for us racing fans on the PS4. There's GT Sport, Driveclub, and what else?

#27 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@ProtossRushX said:

@Nike_Air: titanfall 2 is on ps4 and its the better game ppl say so I mean titanfall is invalid cuz the ps4 got the better game sorry bro

@davillain-:but rare replay is a bunch of classic old games on other systems we all still have our nintendo hooked up near by to play so we don't need rare replay.

so far nobody has said a valid game im really ashamed of this lineup and just people on here are just not doing it for us today thats okay I mean maybe tomorrow or something.

For the record, I don't think your threads are shit nor do I think anyone making a system wars related topics on a board called "system wars" needs to be criticized and flamed by opposing fanboys just because that question offends their fanboy pride.

The bold however, is a goal post move.

You're kind of all over the place with your argument here. You can't just jump to sales when you ended your OP with.

"So What is it what defined the xbox one this generation?".

You're literally asking what new IP defined the generation for xbox one so unless you clarified your requirements more specifically you can't just add more requirements when someone gives you an answer.

With that said, That game that most defined Xbox this generation IMO ironically would be Crackdown 3. Over promised and under delivered, waited for greatness and received mediocre. Everything the Xbox one was this generation is personified in Crackdown 3.

As far as the New IP:

• Ryse
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Lucky's tales
  • ReCore

Not a great list but it's xbox so you shouldn't expect more.

#28 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

if you're going to keep using Days Gone as your example then they might as well just say sea of thieves and be done with it

#29 Posted by DaVillain- (37555 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I_P_Daily wins this one because that girl in the background is cute.

#30 Edited by Daredevils2k (2105 posts) -

What I’ve heard from lemmings here at his board is that SOT and CD3 is the new must have for the XB1x.

#31 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (381 posts) -

Well, ive been playing Forza Horizon 4 more than 95% of my PS4 catalogue, so i will continue to go with it.

#32 Posted by Xabiss (2854 posts) -

I didn't see anyone mention it yet, but Ori is a damn good game and Ori2 looks even better. Hell even Cuphead was pretty damn awesome.

#33 Posted by sakaiXx (5927 posts) -

Forza is a good pick

#34 Posted by Epak_ (10695 posts) -

OG Xbox had Ninja Gaiden, X360 had Ninja Gaiden 2. XboneX has power and third party games.

#35 Posted by I_P_Daily (12338 posts) -

@Rockman999 said:

Easily Forza Horizon. Sure you can discount it because the 360 had FH1 but that'd be like dismissing Forza and everything FMS 2,3 and 4 brought to the table from the 360 lineup because there was a Forza game on the OG Xbox or GOW from the PS4 because there were GOW games on the PS2 and 3. FH has grown into its own thing and done well on the Xbone. I wish Sony didn't dissolve Evo studios because Driveclub was a great game and I would have loved an open world racing game like FH on the PS4.

Things are anemic for us racing fans on the PS4. There's GT Sport, Driveclub, and what else?

I don't see how any race fan could even purchase a PS4 as there is better options elsewhere.

But Sony fans have spoken, and they want primarily story driven games, time to jump off a the sinking ship for race fans.

#36 Posted by I_P_Daily (12338 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I_P_Daily wins this one because that girl in the background is cute.

That's what you got from that...

#37 Posted by I_P_Daily (12338 posts) -

@daredevils2k said:

What I’ve heard from cows here at this board is that SOT and CD3 is the new must have for the XB1x.

Well cows are stupid and you should stop listening to stories while out grazing with the herd :(

#38 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8444 posts) -

He's not wrong, the Xbone is the worst Xbox imo.

Just got out the original Xbox and been having blast. Still play the Xbox 360, but I never got into the Xbone.

#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (12338 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

He's not wrong, the Xbone is the worst Xbox imo.

Just got out the original Xbox and been having blast. Still play the Xbox 360, but I never got into the Xbone.

Protoss is always wrong, that's a SW rule, so by agreeing with him you have acknowledged that you are also wrong :(

#40 Posted by pmanden (688 posts) -

One of the very first xbox one releases, Dead Rising 3, is still my favorite console exclusive. It had fun gameplay, lots of attitude, and blasting zombies away with a minigun was just awesome.

I'm not into realistic racing games, but no doubt that Forza makes the PS4 look feeble.

#41 Posted by Daredevils2k (2105 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@daredevils2k said:

What I’ve heard from cows here at this board is that SOT and CD3 is the new must have for the XB1x.

Well cows are stupid and you should stop listening to stories while out grazing with the herd :(

So are you saying those two game suck? wow to think you once defended those two games. It looks like you are slowly going against MS.

#42 Edited by jcrame10 (5151 posts) -

PS4- Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Spiderman and potentially Death Stranding, Last of Us Part II and Ghosts of Tsushima

Xbox One- Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon games, Sunset Overdrive

#43 Posted by jcrame10 (5151 posts) -

@pmanden: didn’t all the Dead Rising games come to PS4?

#44 Posted by jcrame10 (5151 posts) -

@Guy_Brohski: yeah, Sunset! One of the best games of the gen.

#45 Edited by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

You straight made this thread to bash the Xbox One. You know damn well as the rest of us the state of Xbox One's 1st party games this gen.

#46 Edited by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@brimmul777 said:

State of Decay 2 is a sequel and it was kind of a indie budget game with tons of bugs a n stuff reviewers said it was broken

And yet you still put Days Gone up there as a notable PS4 game. Logic really does escape brand loyalty.

#47 Edited by ThatDBFan (426 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

So, it's only valid as long as it's a new IP? It can't be a highly demanded, critically acclaimed sequel, or collection of remastered older games that people still very much loved?

Your Sony fanboyism is next level.

#48 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19165 posts) -

@Xabiss said:

I didn't see anyone mention it yet, but Ori is a damn good game and Ori2 looks even better. Hell even Cuphead was pretty damn awesome.

Ori is amazing... and honestly, Ori 2 could be my most wanted Xbox game going forward.

#50 Posted by phbz (4589 posts) -

I hope Ori keeps going for many years. MS could even be bold and make it a story that goes through generations. It's the perfect kind of game to do it since story is secondary to the mechanics and at the same time would guarantee a core audience.

Sunset Overdrive should and could be but MS is kinda dumb.