One Area That Nintendo will Undeniably Win in for this gen and the future.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Customer Service. Easy. It's almost laughable how good Nintendo's Customer Service is compared Microsoft and Sony, ESPECIALLY Microsoft. I got my sexy new DS Lite last june at the end of School, Played some MPH Online, and then realized there were two slightly faded blue pixels on the top screen, and rung up Ninty. I was greeted by a cheery man name Ed who instantly took away any concerns I might have. He treated me, although I was clearly just a teenager, as a valued Nintendo customer and shipped out a brand new (take notes Microsoft) DS Lite system. I got it within 3 days with no shipping fees and my replacement unit has worked beautifully ever since. Now to my next amazing experience with Nintendo's customer service, just a couple weeks ago I noticed that a couple times my Wii had been having difficulty reading my Wii Sports (the pack in game!) and decided that I might as well call Nintendo. I talked to another nice guy named Brian. I explained the situation and he explained that there had been some recent problems with Wii Sports Discs. I asked him if I should pop in Zelda or Elebits to see if it makes any difference but he insisted he just send me another Wii to avoid any problems in the future, I gave Brian my serial number and he emailed me a reciept for the replacement Wii, which arrived 4 Days later, once again with no shipping costs coming out of my wallet. It would be almost impossible to believe Sony or Microsoft could reach this level of Customer Service, I guess that's what us Wii users get for buying from a Game-Only company.
The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts

Yeah...

But Nintendo needs to try harder to make their systems fine right out of the starting gate.

DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrPepper1998
Bump
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrPepper1998

Yeah...

But Nintendo needs to try harder to make their systems fine right out of the starting gate.

The_AI
Are you kidding? compared to 360 and Ps3, Nintendo is perfect in that area. 360s go down like flys. Ps3s arent as bad but still break down more than Wii's.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts

Yeah...

The_AI
Their system is fine; the only beef I have with Nintendo is their online plan (or lack thereof).
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
Microsoft's Customer Service is awesome

they helped me when there was an issue with the video cables in the 360; it was fixed within 15 minutes
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrPepper1998

they helped me when there was an issue with the video cables in the 360; it was fixed within 15 minutes
hockeyruler12
Did they ship you a brand new console when one of your pack-in discs was flawed? For all I know it couldve been my fault for scratching the disc.
The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts
[QUOTE="The_AI"]

Yeah...

DrPepper1998

Are you kidding? compared to 360 and Ps3, Nintendo is perfect in that area. 360s go down like flys. Ps3s arent as bad but still break down more than Wii's.

What I meant was you shouldn't have had to call in the first place.

DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="The_AI"]

Yeah...

The_AI

What I meant was you shouldn't have had to call in the first place.

I have bad luck, I get used to it. Plus there wasn't anything wrong with my Wii, I probably scratched my Wii Sports disc.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
So wait, now you have 2 Wiis?
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

hockeyruler12
Well...when my original 360 broke, I sent it in, the person over the phone was nice, and everything seemed fine. Then it took about 2 months to get my 360 back. 2 months. I called in every other day, gave them all the numbers they needed, and just straight up TRIED to get my 360 back. point is...took me way too long to get my system back. They were nice tho.