the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

some of old exclusive games that published by SEC finally have found their way to PC and will be released soon , old titles such as Detroit: Become Human and Journey , sure many of you have already played these games and probably have no reason for a 2nd playthrough but this is a great news to me because this offers people a choice to play their favorite games on their favorite platform , I hope they're not the last titles that we see coming to PC , there are still a lot of great games that remained exclusive for a long time

=======================

I also made a list of Sony exclusives that could end up on PC by a chance and the titles that we wish to get a PC port

Very Probable :

Persona 5

Probable

Demon's Souls

The Order 1886

Least probable

Bloodborne

Death Stranding

On the wish list

God of War

Spider-Man

Infamous Second Son

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

The Last of US 1& 2

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

With mah powahful 1337 PC, no need for the PS Jive next gen, thank goodness.

Oh the irony. lol :P

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

I hope they'll do Cross-buy/Play-Anywhere for PC.

Might be tempted to play their exclusives on PC instead of the console versions if the graphics/framerate boosts are decent and proper kbm support.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

love to see SOTC, ICO and the last Gardian on PC

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

I'm happy that Heavy Rain is coming to PC, it's a PS3 game I always wanted to play (but for some reason did not buy on PS3).

I'll try out the demo later today.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

PSNow on Xbox. XCloud on PS4. Exclusives locked to service and not hardware. Teh future.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
@Pedro said:

PSNow on Xbox. XCloud on PS4. Exclusives locked to service and not hardware. Teh future.

Paying monthly is the future over paying a one time payment for a game ...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

I rather have Nintendo exclusive games on PC then anything form Sony but that's just me ya'know.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Demon Souls and Bloodborne will never come cause they are co developed with Japan Studio, which is Sony 1st party.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Don't forget the beauty of emulators.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Here come Zaria and Kali claiming bloodborne is already on PC... I don't think it'll affect console sales as these exclusives are years old.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

I bet you saw that Journey article on the GS front page and started jumping up and down with excitement at the idea of making this thread.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Nioh 2 seems another likely one, since the first ended up on PC within a year

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@with_teeth26: Did you play the closed alpha demo? I am not far into it but somehow its just not clicking with me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

Overpaying? The current setup gamers over pay because they play the game once and never return to it versus paying less for more games. Gamer ownership is as overrated as movie ownership. Most people only care about the access not ownership.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@the_master_race: Persona is not coming to the PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Overpaying? The current setup gamers over pay because they play the game once and never return to it versus paying less for more games. Gamer ownership is as overrated as movie ownership. Most people only care about the access not ownership.

No, I did not say overpaying.

I said X is the future over Y

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro  Online

@R4gn4r0k: LOL. My bad. That was terrible on my end.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

All aboard the port beg train! Though, I MAY give Detroit a chance on PC, when it's cheap. Might as well get the best version. I didn't want to pay full price for it on PS4, and thusly didn't think it was worth bothering with as this kind of game wasn't my bag anyway. It's in the air.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@the_master_race: They own the DS and Order IP so I'd add those to improbable.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@Pedro said:

@R4gn4r0k: LOL. My bad. That was terrible on my end.

Nah, I can see how you missed it :P

But I mean I do really like the 'one and done' nature of buying games these days. I'm really hesitant to get any kind of subscription:

Xbox Live, PSN+, Switch online

or the game based ones:

EA, Ubisoft, Gamepass, Humble Monthly, ...

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Persona 5 isn't even remotely probable at this point. I have no idea why you have it at the top.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts
@the_master_race said:

Very Probable :

Persona 5(it can if Atlus agree on it ) even Sega try to want it on PC..Sega must ask first Atlus to be release on PC) (yup Atlus is being subsidiary of Sega but that Atlus wants more freedom) its like Blizzard with Activsion(but now its so tragic on blizzard due activision controlling blizzard) technically it can but well it need more push

Probable

Demon's Souls(Sony IP controlled i think or most likely same as Bloodborne) even developed by From Software its just not like Dark Souls due Its a Sony x From Software while Dark Souls is published by From Software(the one who first publish Demon's Souls on Japan is Sony(due some higher up doesnt believe the game will sellable on US or West they did not publish it....it publish by Atlus USA(US) and Namco(PAL) this is why it became spiritual predecessor of Dark Souls....(due they cannot make sequel on it due they need Sony for permission or collab) technically NOPE on this one

The Order 1886(BIG NOPE its a truly A SONY IP it stuck on that) its make by Sony Studio + Sony IP

Least probable

Bloodborne (BIG NOPE same reason as Demon Souls) its Sony IP even develop by from Software)

Death Stranding(this is a Yes) its just Supported by Sony + Kojima Productions has IP owner of this game technically it will have PC version on future technically it will time exclusive for now)

On the wish list First Party Studios NOPE it will be stuck on Sony consoles + Sony IP hold the rights)

God of War

Spider-Man(they have marvel contract on this one) Marvel can do Spiderman Movies on Marvel Cinematic Universe while Sony has rights to make games of it to be exclusive)

Infamous Second Son

The Last of US 1& 2

For that if you want really play thiese games....i tell you you will get only Death Stranding on this list for PC while others its PS NOW can be used

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#24 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:

@with_teeth26: Did you play the closed alpha demo? I am not far into it but somehow its just not clicking with me.

didn't play it. how did you feel about the first game?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Said games and then listed Detroit, Journey! *sigh*

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PC_Rocks

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

A solid deal when you look at the PS4 library of *exclusives*.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@pc_rocks said:

So you are saying the price of:

A) paying for the monthly plan

beats the price of:

B) buying an entirely new consoles just to play a few worthwhile exclusives

Because if so, than yeah, I'd absolutely agree with that.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_master_race
@calvincfb said:

@the_master_race: Persona is not coming to the PC.

@techhog89 said:

Persona 5 isn't even remotely probable at this point. I have no idea why you have it at the top.

1-Persona 5 is a third party exclusive and let's not forget that SEGA owns the Atlus now

2-Atlus released Catherine this year for PC which also was a 3rd party exclusive , so they already have a team who can handle PC ports

3-Atlus and Sega Tease Possibility of Publishing More Games on PC in the Future Following Catherine Release

After this morning's launching of Catherine on PC, it seems that Atlus and Sega are entertaining the idea of bringing even more games to the platform.

After weeks of teases and leaks, Atlus finally announced this morning that it was bringing the classic puzzle adventure game Catherine to PC as of today. While this isn’t normally a huge move for many developers and publishers, it was a big deal for Atlus as the Japanese company tends to not bring too many of its titles to this platform.

Following the reveal, Sega, Atlus’ parent company, seemed to further tease that Catherine might not be the only game that the publisher is planning to bring to PC. In a new quote given to PC Gamer, Sega said, “We hope to have more exciting news to share from Sega/Atlus in regards to publishing on PC in the future.” It’s a statement that could be entirely empty on Sega’s part and indicative of absolutely nothing, or it could be the first notion that we should expect more of the publisher’s games coming to PC down the road.

With this quote in mind, it raises a few questions. First off, would these potential Atlus titles be old games like with today’s release of Catherine, or would instead refer to new games that will be released? If it’s the former, then there’s no doubt that many fans will be clamoring for Atlus games like Persona 5 to come to PC. Despite only currently being available for PS4 right now, Persona 5 specifically isn’t locked-in an exclusivity deal on the platform and Atlus could decide to bring it anywhere if they chose to do so.

There are also other Sega-published games such as those in the Yakuza series that many have been hoping to see more of on PC. As it stands, Yakuza 0and Yakuza Kiwami are each available on Steam, but the recently released Yakuza Kiwami 2 still hasn’t found its way to the platform. The likelihood of this game specifically coming to PC seemed somewhat likely already, but in light of this new quote, it seems even more possible than before.

So if Sega and Atlus are planning on bringing more games to PC, what is it that you’re hoping to see arrive? Do you think something like the recently-announced Persona 5 R could come to PC whenever it releases? Be sure to let us know your own hopes and wishes down in the comments.

Source: PC Gamer

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_master_race

@majestix1988 said:
@the_master_race said:

Very Probable :

Persona 5(it can if Atlus agree on it ) even Sega try to want it on PC..Sega must ask first Atlus to be release on PC) (yup Atlus is being subsidiary of Sega but that Atlus wants more freedom) its like Blizzard with Activsion(but now its so tragic on blizzard due activision controlling blizzard) technically it can but well it need more push

Probable

Demon's Souls(Sony IP controlled i think or most likely same as Bloodborne) even developed by From Software its just not like Dark Souls due Its a Sony x From Software while Dark Souls is published by From Software(the one who first publish Demon's Souls on Japan is Sony(due some higher up doesnt believe the game will sellable on US or West they did not publish it....it publish by Atlus USA(US) and Namco(PAL) this is why it became spiritual predecessor of Dark Souls....(due they cannot make sequel on it due they need Sony for permission or collab) technically NOPE on this one

The Order 1886(BIG NOPE its a truly A SONY IP it stuck on that) its make by Sony Studio + Sony IP

Least probable

Bloodborne (BIG NOPE same reason as Demon Souls) its Sony IP even develop by from Software)

Death Stranding(this is a Yes) its just Supported by Sony + Kojima Productions has IP owner of this game technically it will have PC version on future technically it will time exclusive for now)

On the wish list First Party Studios NOPE it will be stuck on Sony consoles + Sony IP hold the rights)

God of War

Spider-Man(they have marvel contract on this one) Marvel can do Spiderman Movies on Marvel Cinematic Universe while Sony has rights to make games of it to be exclusive)

Infamous Second Son

The Last of US 1& 2

For that if you want really play thiese games....i tell you you will get only Death Stranding on this list for PC while others its PS NOW can be used

let me make something clear here , I'm already aware of that God of War , Spider-man and other titles on The Wish List are first party exclusives , that's why they're on the list ... I wish these games to come to PC but they never will come to PC as long as Sony owns their IP's , regarding Demon's Souls and Bloodborne you're maybe right but still ... you'll never know

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@with_teeth26: I didn’t play the first game. But i do plan on playing it.

Dunno why they sent me the closed alpha for the second part tho.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the_master_race
@davillain- said:

I rather have Nintendo exclusive games on PC then anything form Sony but that's just me ya'know.

yes , I heard Zelda BOTW will look really amazing on PC , if you catch my drift ...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@the_master_race: Custom dungeons on botw.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Bloodborne is already playable on pc

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_master_race

@kali-b1rd said:

Bloodborne is already playable on pc

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

If I wanted to play these games, id have bought a PS4.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

It looks like I'm the first one to bring this up, but I coudln't find any answer anywhere on the internet, perhaps someone here can help me understand. Aren't Detroit, Beyond and Heavy Rain supposed to be Playstation exclusives? Sony funded and published these games, how can they just be released on competing platforms such as PC? It's been hardly a year since Detroit's release, and it had the 'Only on Playstation' tag on it, how can it go multi-plat like that?

I'm a PS fanboy but I'm not a miser, I'm actually glad more fellow gamers across the community can play these games (QD's best game Fahrenheit was also multi-plat), but this raises the question whether Sony can keep any exclusives for Playstation. No Man's Sky also came out on PC in a year's time, and any ten-year old child can tell Death Stranding is also coming to PC.

Judging by Sony's ineptitude and incompetence in keeping exclusives, I can't see why Naughty Dog or Santa Monica Studio won't go rogue and release their ace games on competing platforms.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

@elkoldo said:

It looks like I'm the first one to bring this up, but I coudln't find any answer anywhere on the internet, perhaps someone here can help me understand. Aren't Detroit, Beyond and Heavy Rain supposed to be Playstation exclusives? Sony funded and published these games, how can they just be released on competing platforms such as PC? It's been hardly a year since Detroit's release, and it had the 'Only on Playstation' tag on it, how can it go multi-plat like that?

I'm a PS fanboy but I'm not a miser, I'm actually glad more fellow gamers across the community can play these games (QD's best game Fahrenheit was also multi-plat), but this raises the question whether Sony can keep any exclusives for Playstation. No Man's Sky also came out on PC in a year's time, and any ten-year old child can tell Death Stranding is also coming to PC.

Judging by Sony's ineptitude and incompetence in keeping exclusives, I can't see why Naughty Dog or Santa Monica Studio won't go rogue and release their ace games on competing platforms.

Depends on the type of contract they have. Quantic Dream probably has a contract to keep them PS exlcusive for a while, but not forever. Or maybe they have a contract that they just can't ever release on a Xbox or Nintendo system.

PC is always the odd one of the bunch and not a direct competitor like Xbox vs PS.

Also, you got to realise that Sony publishes plenty of games on PC themselves.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Calvincfb

@the_master_race: keep dreaming.

Catherine was never exclusive, it was available for the Xbox 360.:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/catherine

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

Detroit looks crap and Journey looks like Abzu which may or may not be crap, Abzu was decent.

As for speculation, well that my friend is speculation.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_master_race

@calvincfb said:

@the_master_race: keep dreaming.

Catherine was never exclusive, it was available for the Xbox 360.:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/catherine

console exclusive

I was dreaming about Nioh, Yakuza too and look my dreams came true :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

The fewer exclusives there are, the better.

But as I always say, would love to see cross-platform play coupled with these new multiplats.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PC_Rocks

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pc_rocks said:

So you are saying the price of:

A) paying for the monthly plan

beats the price of:

B) buying an entirely new consoles just to play a few worthwhile exclusives

Because if so, than yeah, I'd absolutely agree with that.

Yup but I would also add it beats the price of buying said games at $60 each and then on top of that paying $60 for Live/PSN. Subscribe for a month, breeze through the library and unsubscribe.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PC_Rocks

@R4gn4r0k said:
@elkoldo said:

Depends on the type of contract they have. Quantic Dream probably has a contract to keep them PS exlcusive for a while, but not forever. Or maybe they have a contract that they just can't ever release on a Xbox or Nintendo system.

PC is always the odd one of the bunch and not a direct competitor like Xbox vs PS.

Also, you got to realise that Sony publishes plenty of games on PC themselves.

Uh..uh! Detroit, Journey, Bloodborne etc. all these IPs are owned by Sony, it's not just a contract or timed deal. Sony after the Crash n Bandicoot fiasco only invested/published games if they own it.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

If Quantic Dream and ThatGameCompany where able to release there games on pc there might be some hope for From Software and Kojima Productions.

I could see sega possibility announcing persona 5 for pc at e3

Tales of Xillia, Nier, Drakengard would be nice

If sony first party games start ending up on pc will only be interested if you can download them not interested in the psnow streaming bs.

@pc_rocks said:

Uh..uh! Detroit, Journey, Bloodborne etc. all these IPs are owned by Sony, it's not just a contract or timed deal. Sony after the Crash n Bandicoot fiasco only invested/published games if they own it.

Both Detroit and Journey can be bought on the epic store x.x and Flower on steam.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC_Rocks

@locus-solus said:

@pc_rocks said:

Both Detroit and Journey can be bought on the epic store x.x and Flower on steam.

That's what I said. They couldn't have gone to PC without Sony's blessing as Sony owns these titles.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Calvincfb

@the_master_race: not gonna happen.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Bloodborne is already on pc, most of the other will probably also come to psnow in time...

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the_master_race

@calvincfb said:

@the_master_race: not gonna happen.

K