On another note, I'm pretty pleased with the PSN's new video store

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

Yes, it's a feature already found on another console. Yes, the other console's offerings are inarguably better, reflecting the amount of time it has been on the market.

That said, I was pretty impressed with the new video store on PSN. Seamless update (didn't even have to download anything!), integrated into the store with the same (excellent IMO) controls, and I was especially glad that Sony didn't try to launch the thing with just a show or two, a movie here & there.

There are many different genres & studios represented, pricing seems pretty reasonable for the most part, and there's no subscription fee required - you just pay for your movie or show & start downloading. Items can be streamed while downloading.

Get over the fanboy epeen stuff - how do the technicalities compare to the XBL video marketplace? How much is a TV show episode, a movie, or HD content on that marketplace? TV shows seem to run about $1.99 per episode on the PSN, movie rentals about $3.99, and of course you can buy an SD quality item for an exorbitant price.

Thoughts?

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts
I am very impressed actually. I like how they incorporated the same interface as the game store. Not to mention how fluent the browsing is. I plan on downloading the spiderman trilogy soon.
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 no_handlebars
Member since 2008 • 1774 Posts
Yeah, I actually like it.
CubanBlunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CubanBlunt
Member since 2005 • 2025 Posts
The prices are wuz up!
skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

So, are certain console owners too wrapped up in exclusivity deals to answer my honest questions?

Come on guys - it's abundantly clear that you're here.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
only thing i noticed was a lot of the movies didnt have previews ready but o well im sure they will over time.
JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
I like the store a lot. There is a good variety, it beats Blockbuster in terms of price. I don't have Netflix because I don't rent movies that often so this seems to be a perfect option for me.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Yeah, it's cool. I downloaded and episode of desert punk last night and I'm probably going to check out some movies tonight.