OMG!! God OF war 2 Gameplay VID!! BETTER THAN GEARS IN EVERY RESPECT!!

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Is it just me but does that remind anyone else of prince of persia two thrones? the first boss battle
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

God of War 2 an action adventure game on the PS2 vs Gears of War a third-person shooter on the Xbox360. Does anyone else see something wrong with comparing these two games?

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
Bigboss should really just....leave :|
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
sure is alot of pixley things around the name on that peice of paper as well you could easily post your gamertag pick and url to show uve played gears
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

high'res screens from the latest trailer: http://www.jeux-france.com/news19126_god-of-war-ii-dans-les-airs.html#go

I said wow!

5th_element

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 5th_element
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
the threads like this make me mad!!! man what were U thinking!! comparing a shooter with a game like god of war !! ??? I have nothing against god of war it is a good game and 2 wil be even betterbut compairing t with gears!!! WTF!!! U have not played gears!!! U OLD COW(thats because GOW is a PS2 GAME!)
jellomeister24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jellomeister24
Member since 2003 • 1321 Posts
how can an action game with swords beat a shooter in every respect...? not even the same gameplay... and a PS2 game beat a 360 game...? HA HA. even i know how far that little black box can push gfx...
atmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 atmk
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts
And yet sony people don't want to except that killzone 2 trailer was all cgi.
MasterTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MasterTony
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts

Is it just me but does that remind anyone else of prince of persia two thrones? the first boss battlelaughingman42
No, because POP was sh@t, the combat was lame,the boss fights cant even compare to those in GOW, heck i'll rather have 1 boss fight (the hydra fight) then all the boses combined in pop 3

TC....seriously don't compare 2 games of different genres=/

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts
GOW 2 graphics are laughable
MasterTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MasterTony
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts
GOW 2 graphics are laughableavenger_dot
Hm it probably looks better than 5% of 360 games, 10% of ps3 games, and 99% of all wii games=/...
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
This guy's joke, he did the same thread yesterday and he got owned :lol:
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="avenger_dot"]GOW 2 graphics are laughableMasterTony
Hm it probably looks better than 5% of 360 games, 10% of ps3 games, and 99% of all wii games=/...

Yes, it look better than GUN, and definatly better than Wii games, but not all, mario look better too

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
Looks like absolute garbage.
console_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 console_fanboy
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
Looks very impressive!! For a ps2 game that is. But no, not better than gears :).
xXMercenariOXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 xXMercenariOXx
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
Prince of Persia has better Gameplay.... I want another Prince of Persia game:cry:
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
... well. i don't even have to say anything i guess. al has been said
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Umm I love GoW don't get me wrong, but I think you are exaggerating a litle bit from what you are getting from that video. I have definitely seen alot of games this generation, with better graphics on GC, Xbox, PS2 and PC. I just hope some character and enemy models will be better in this game then the first one. I swear to God the first time I saw the oracle in its first presentation I didn't find it all that special, untill I realised later on that most of the presentations in the game are touched up, because after you save the oracle and speak to her taking a closer look at her and most of the other character models its just horrible........ You take a look at some of the character design in that game and some even reminded me of Odama(yes exaggerating a litle bit) what the game excelled at tho was the scenary. That made my jaw drop.
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#70 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this!  http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game   And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2  looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft  "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware"  good ownage  (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK  ENJOY)BigBoss5777
BB I really enjoyed GOW and will get GOW 2 on launch day and I know it will be great, but to say GOW2, a game on a system that is so far inferior to the X360 graphically it is not a discussion point point, is graphically better than GEARS, is just plain crazy. GOW2 will probably go down as the best looking PS2 game and will close out that platform nicely, but there is a reason the X360 and PS3 exist. Now if GOW2 was made for PS3 it might have been a different story, but it wasn't so meh.

BB I think what happened here. You were already excited about the game, then you saw the new footage and you lost your mind. I am glad your excited about GOW2, I am excited, but its not in the same league as GEARS.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
From what I saw the game doesn't even look as good as Ninja Gaiden Black let alone GeOW.
nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 nanomecha4
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
I would be surprised if God of War 2 isnt GOTY. But then again MGS 4 is gonna edge it out.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#73 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
No, Gears graphics are better, deal with it,and stop making flamebaiting,baseless,useless topics.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#74 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

That does look good.

But saying it looks better than Gears is crazy talk. Not even the blindest of fanboys would say something like that.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
One does not come to SW for expert analysis. One does not come to SW for balanced unbiased commentary (or shouldn't, at least). All that being said, one doesn't come to SW for BigBoss5777's delusions at all. How can you say that you just came across something, when you posted this same thing yesterday?
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
very impressive and a good step up above god of war..god3 should be an amazing game!
nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nanomecha4
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
gears of war is the most overrated game of next gen. its good to see a PS2 game look and play better than it.
V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts
OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this!  http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game   And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2  looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft  "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware"  good ownage  (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK  ENJOY)BigBoss5777
ok im just going to say that i like my ps2 and i look foward to god of war 2 but what the hell are you smoking? there is no way that GoW is going to look better than gears.... and besides its TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TYPES OF GAMES
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#79 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
gears of war is the most overrated game of next gen. its good to see a PS2 game look and play better than it.nanomecha4
1. You don't know it plays better, because you haven't played it!! 2. It's impossible to look better than Gears of War from a purly technical standpoint. 3. You know you're not being truthful, but can't admit it (face it, it's a fact, and you know it)
jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts
Didn't you make this same thread yesterday using a different video? No matter what you think of gears gameplay wise how can you even pretend this game comes close graphically?
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

First of all, stop trying to compare every $#%& game to Gears of War. None of those games are on the same level as Gears of War. God of War 2 is a completely different game. It's not even in the same category as GeOW. GoW2 is a action/platform game. Second, this is old news. The GoW2 trailers have been all over the place for the past 2-3 weeks. Where the hell have you been? Of course the game looks great. The first GoW game was awesome, so why wouldn't the sequel be better? GoW2 is the type of game people were expecting when the PS2 first launched, not 7 years after the PS2 launch. It only took M$ a year to get a smash title on the XBox360 that uses all it's power. It took Sony almost 5+ yrs. to do the same with the PS2.  

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

Dont get me wrong Gears is a very impressive game. But lets look at it this way, if you placed that God of War gameplay vid i just showed right beside a gears gameplay vid, I gurantee that the God of war gameplay vid would look a lot better  in comparison.  Just look at how much is going on screen at one time without any slowdown with very good A.I that game is outright beautiful! Gears looks good no doubt, But God of war is overall a waaay better game.

BigBoss5777
Sorry but your attempt has succeeded. You definitely know nothing, especially when your blinded by your fanboyism. Sure God of War 2 will be good no doubt, but look better than Gears, sorry but that won't happen. The PS2 is not capable of HDR, AA, and for that matter high texture detail. So you fail at comparing one of the greatest games, to a last gen game.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 blackace

If it kills Gears, how badly do all PS3 games get owned?Vyse_The_Daring

I think it's better then every PS3 game made so far. Only Resistance: FoM probably comes close in terms of fun and longevity. That's pretty sad if you ask me. Even Okami was better then most PS3 games. Why did Sony create the PS3 again? Oh yeah, to introduce Blu-Ray to the world. :roll:

mentzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mentzer
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts

GoW 2 and Gears are not even in the same genre.

Anyway, GoW 2 will be ownage at it's finest.

I can only imagine how mind bending GoW 3 will be on PS3.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
gears of war is the most overrated game of next gen. its good to see a PS2 game look and play better than it.nanomecha4
Let me guess that you've either been suspended, or banned for that matter. From all your posts that have been flying around here. Somebody check up on this guy. He smells like a flame baiter.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts
have you lost your darn mind, i  love GOW and i know GOW2 will be awesome, but comparing that to GeOW and saying its better in every way is crazy. first of all the camera on GOW is zoomed out further than GeOW, if you were to get colse up on Kratos as you are on Marcus you would notice a HUGE difference. The lighting in GOW is dark, and i know thats to set the tone, but you get away with alot more in dark games, GeOW has dark and daylight situations which have better visuals. when it comes to gameplay its defferent genres. one you hack and slash everything (button mashing can get you a combo), the other is more of a shooter, (shoot those bullets randomly and see what happens). GeOW has co-op, and not to mention online, which makes the replay value way more than GOW2.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
but it's good to here you think so highly of Gears
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

[QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BigBoss5777
I I own the game

apparently not if you think it looks as good as gears of war...

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)Yellow_Rose

Forget that, what do you have to say about this? http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25365943

Don't go off topic in a topic which bears my seal of approval. Thanks

Quiet while grown people are talking.  Go back to finding jaggies on alien boobs.

:lol: That was great.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#90 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)waynehead895

Forget that, what do you have to say about this? http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25365943

Quiet while grown people are talking.  Go back to finding jaggies on alien boobs.

:lol: That was great.

Yes, that's an especially wicked burn. Rarely do I post this, but I believe it's appropriate here.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 blackace

Dont get me wrong Gears is a very impressive game. But lets look at it this way, if you placed that God of War gameplay vid i just showed right beside a gears gameplay vid, I gurantee that the God of war gameplay vid would look a lot better  in comparison.  Just look at how much is going on screen at one time without any slowdown with very good A.I that game is outright beautiful! Gears looks good no doubt, But God of war is overall a waaay better game.

BigBoss5777

You're delirious. Sit down and have some coffee. GoW is not waaayy better then GeOW.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#92 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

:lol:  @ cows still angry over Gears winning GotY here.

GOW II will be awesome. I plan to buy it at launch. But better than Gears? :roll:

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 blackace

[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BigBoss5777
I I own the game

Cool....lets see the gamertag then.

If you look closley on the white piece of paper you will see my gamespot user name and you will see i own both systems oh and 360 gamertag is RagingBull2584 and PS3 gamertag is RagingBull84

dude, you can't be **ckin serious. take a real picture or STFU.

And what possessed you to get the inferior version of fight night BB?

Figth night looks way better on the PS3 than the 360...  pic of the PS3 version running on my 50 inch, samsung DLP looks way better than 360 version, (click on picture to view larger)

Looks the same as the XBox360 version to me. It's a bit darker for the PS3, but otherwise they are identical. I played mine on a 50" Sony WEGA LCD.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 blackace

BigBoss5777, on your original post, you mentioned God of War 2 being more fun & having better gameplay than Gears of War. How can you say that when God of War II doesn't launch until 03/13? Are you making those judgments based on watching game footage?joe_g_patton

I don't think he's played either game to be honest. He's just a biased fanboy cow. GoW2 looks great for a PS2 game, but it doesn't compare to GeOW, Mass Effect, Bioshock and a dozen other games on the XBox 360.

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
Looked like A LOT of button mashing going on in that video (how many times did he do the spinning attack - 20?).  Nice to see the enemy warriors just stand around and "attack" you.  Taking on the statue was cool, but the other elements of the gameplay looked VERY Lord of the Rings-ish.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#96 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts
Chino.lagos4u2c
Deftones!
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 blackace

You're dilusional as well. It got a "AAA" score and sold over 3 million copies. Overrated? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Please stop owning yourself with these comments. You're making cows look very bad.

TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)Hammerofjustice

A thead that bears a dumb fanboy's seal of approval!!!! OMFG! We should not go off topic
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
you obviously havent played gears... ever :lol: