OMG!! God OF war 2 Gameplay VID!! BETTER THAN GEARS IN EVERY RESPECT!!

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBoss5777
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this!  http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game   And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2  looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft  "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware"  good ownage  (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK  ENJOY)
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
Looks great? Yes
Looks as good as Gears? Hell no
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)BigBoss5777
I approve of this thread.
lagos4u2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lagos4u2c
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts
Chino.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
how does a ps2 game look better in addition, THEY ARENT EVEN THE SAME GENRE!
R-Dot-Yung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R-Dot-Yung
Member since 2006 • 10193 Posts
Define "Better then gears in every respect" cuz in some ways yes in other ways no
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
If it kills Gears, how badly do all PS3 games get owned?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
God of War 2 will be good, but it can't compete with a game like Gears of War.
Fruity_mixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fruity_mixer
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
are u blind sir?
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
lol you are comparing a third person shooter with a hack in slash game. dont get me wrong i liked god of war and i will pick up 2, but this game doesnt look better than gears of war. looks nice and i will buy it, but not gears.
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this!  http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game   And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2  looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft  "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware"  good ownage  (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK  ENJOY)BigBoss5777

Forget that, what do you have to say about this? http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25365943

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigBoss5777

Dont get me wrong Gears is a very impressive game. But lets look at it this way, if you placed that God of War gameplay vid i just showed right beside a gears gameplay vid, I gurantee that the God of war gameplay vid would look a lot better  in comparison.  Just look at how much is going on screen at one time without any slowdown with very good A.I that game is outright beautiful! Gears looks good no doubt, But God of war is overall a waaay better game.

Avatar image for Shadow_Elite192
Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadow_Elite192
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
You posted the same thing awhile ago :|, running out of flamebait are we?
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hammerofjustice

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)Yellow_Rose

Forget that, what do you have to say about this? http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25365943

Don't go off topic in a topic which bears my seal of approval. Thanks
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Youve never seen Gears of War have you..
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
*laugh* wow just wow how does gow looking like a 2% upgrade from the last button masher make killzone2 actually look like its e3 showing? and how does that make gears of war sucky compared? not only is killzone made by a different developer then gow gow is in a completely different genre then gears u cant really compare their gameplay.... brought to you on a Wii
Mrpayday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mrpayday
Member since 2004 • 1964 Posts
That does look pretty unbelievable for a ps2 game. Amazing, actually. Don't get your hopes up, however, that the Killzone trailer will be do-able on the ps3 engine. Remember, It was confirmed to be CGI. Hopefully that type CGI graphics will be possible next generation though.

... and that does not look better than Gears of War.  That statement alone ruined your credibility.  Next time think a little bit before comparing the showcase of next-gen graphics against a good looking ps2 game.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

Dont get me wrong Gears is a very impressive game. But lets look at it this way, if you placed that God of War gameplay vid i just showed right beside a gears gameplay vid, I gurantee that the God of war gameplay vid would look a lot better  in comparison.  Just look at how much is going on screen at one time without any slowdown with very good A.I that game is outright beautiful! Gears looks good no doubt, But God of war is overall a waaay better game.

BigBoss5777
lets look at it this way... there would we no way on earth that PS2 could run GoW...
BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBoss5777
Youve never seen Gears of War have you..user_nat
I I own the game
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
"every respect" hahaha that made me laugh
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BigBoss5777
I I own the game

Cool....lets see the gamertag then.
rubenman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rubenman1
Member since 2004 • 253 Posts
It looks pretty good for a ps2 game, but the gameplay looks awsome.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
looks real good. I wouldn't say it looks any better than Ninja Gaiden, but I can't wait to play it.
hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2993 Posts
God of War isn't the same type of game as Gears of War. That's like comparing an RPG to an arcade-style racing game.
Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"]Define "Better then gears in every respect" cuz in some ways yes in other ways no

I'm a raging cow with an agenda.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
I've seen this trailer before, and it looks like it's going to be a great game! :)
abdu4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 abdu4
Member since 2003 • 4187 Posts
what please tell me you are joking??????
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts
:lol:
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hammerofjustice
:lol:theboxmike
:cry:...:lol:
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
a ps2 game looks better than gears?  i sure hope when you are old enough to drive the licens say "only with corrective lenses".  you need new glasses.
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
OMG!! God OF war 2 Gameplay VID!! BETTER THAN GEARS IN EVERY RESPECT!!

Absolutely not.   Since this was a VIDEO, lets discuss how it looked. I loved it from an art standpoint, but on a technical level, it's.....nothing like PS3 or 360.

lights--marvel at all the illuminated objecs floating in the sky that have 0 effect on the environmental lighting---the same effect that all lighted objects (like the weapons) in the demo convey.

Texures: hold on to your hat, a 200 ton hand scrapes and pounds the floor and leaves---NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER on the floor texture---

Close your eyes, lest the low poly count on the giant blind you with its angular curves, so realistic!

Sorry, It's fantastic as a PS2 game----but PS3 exists for a reason--this game would be MUCH better served n PS3 or 360
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)Hammerofjustice

Quiet while grown people are talking.  Go back to finding jaggies on alien boobs.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dreams-Visions
^ I approve of this ownage.
-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts

OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this!  http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game   And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2  looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft  "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware"  good ownage  (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK  ENJOY)BigBoss5777

You deserve to be called every name in the book.   I am sure that GOW2 will be a great game but to say it looks better than Gears proves nothing other then you have ZERO cred and no sense whatsoever of what you are talking about.

You give Fanboys a bad name.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)Yellow_Rose

Quiet while grown people are talking. Go back to finding jaggies on alien boobs.

dude that was so god damm funny..he wouldn't shut up about it :lol:
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
God of war is teh epic. The only reason i am guessing it looks so good is because the area is so small. Thus they pack more detail in. Like gears is small and packed, lots of detail ;)
Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zero-G_basic
Member since 2002 • 1879 Posts
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

Quiet while grown people are talking.  Go back to finding jaggies on alien boobs.

Dude.......*takes off hat to Yellow_Rose* Ownage of the highest caliber.
BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BigBoss5777
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BioShockOwnz
I I own the game

If you look closley on the white piece of paper you will see my gamespot user name and you will see i own both systems oh and 360 gamertag is RagingBull2584 and PS3 gamertag is RagingBull84
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
OMG!! I just came across this gameplay VID for God Of War 2, I had no Idea the PS2 was capable of something like this! http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16626&type=wmv&pl=game And this is more proof why Killzone will match the E 3 trailer because Just imagine if this God Of war 2 video was shown back in the year 2000, I gurantee everyone back then would be saying that a game that looks and plays that good is impossible and it was all "pre-rendered" well folks, you can clearly see that is authentic Gameplay God OF war footage and the funny thing about it is.. While gears may have more detailed character models, God Of War 2 looks better in every other respect. its more fun, better visuals, better art design, better boss battles, better musical score, more original story, way cooler main character, gameplay is more innovative, open ended levels ETC ETC, pretty much what im getting at is.. God Of war 2 looks, plays and runs better than gears and ITS ONLY A PS2 GAME! Sony is making a huge statement with God Of War 2. Its saying to microsoft "Screw gears, we can still make a game that kills it on our outdated ps2 hardware" good ownage (JUST ENTER IN DATE OF BIRTH TO VIEW VIDEO AFTER CLICKING ON LINK ENJOY)BigBoss5777
Quick question Bigboss...Do you ever actually play any of these "amazing" sony games or do you just sit here on the forums making threads about them like the blind fanboy that you are?
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Wow BB, how many threads about this are you going to create?  This is at least the third thread I've seen from you going on & on about how much better GoW looks than Gears.  If Gears is as crappy as you try to claim it is in every Gears thread I've seen you post in, then why do you bump every other game up against it?  Even when they aren't even in the same genre no less??  Hmmm, your posts are suspect at best.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BigBoss5777
I I own the game

If you look closley on the white piece of paper you will see my gamespot user name and you will see i own both systems oh and 360 gamertag is RagingBull2584 and PS3 gamertag is RagingBull84

dude, you can't be **ckin serious. take a real picture or STFU.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..Dreams-Visions
I I own the game

And what possessed you to get the inferior version of fight night BB?
BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BigBoss5777
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..Dr_DudeMan
I I own the game

Figth night looks way better on the PS3 than the 360...  pic of the PS3 version running on my 50 inch, samsung DLP looks way better than 360 version, (click on picture to view larger)
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
Cant wait to play GOW 2...perhaps my last ps2 game aswell.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BigBoss5777
I I own the game

Figth night looks way better on the PS3 than the 360...  pic of the PS3 version running on my 50 inch, samsung DLP looks way better than 360 version, (click on picture to view larger)

[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="user_nat"]Youve never seen Gears of War have you..BigBoss5777
I I own the game

Say it all you want, but its been proven superior on the 360.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
I can't belive people won't grow up in these forums, at least make half coherent arguments.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
BigBoss5777, on your original post, you mentioned God of War 2 being more fun & having better gameplay than Gears of War. How can you say that when God of War II doesn't launch until 03/13? Are you making those judgments based on watching game footage?
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

BigBoss5777

IN GRAPHICS ......? ???????????????????????????  NO WAY IN HELL, what are you smoking ? The flatness of GOW2 is terrible, it is not even the best looking ps2 game

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

BigBoss5777, on your original post, you mentioned God of War 2 being more fun & having better gameplay than Gears of War. How can you say that when God of War II doesn't launch until 03/13? Are you making those judgments based on watching game footage?joe_g_patton

Fanboys don't need a game to actually be out to make judgements.

16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
How about we agree that they're both equally awesome looking games on different genres?