ok, who else is disappointed in...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ndrliang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ndrliang
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

I have played both Gears 2 and Resistnace 2. And yet I am dissappointed in both of them. I am not comparing, because they dissappoint me in totally different ways.\

Resistance 2 is a hudge improvment over the first one and has new origional ideas. The gameplay is alot better, less running and gunning and more reliance on accuracy, boss fights are great, and new multiplayer modes are a great addition. However the story is incoherent and very choppy, you go from California, to Utah, to Louisiana randomly. Also, the game lacks \polish, there are some weird AI issues everyonce in a while,graphics are not the best, and weird physics sometimes (a gun got caught in mid air in one of the cutscenes, weirdest thing I have seen.)

Now Gears 2 is the exact opposite, it has that polish, and a stronger story than Gears 1. Howe\ver, I feel like I am playing the same game I did 2 years ago. The gameplay is almost the exact same. Shields, more enemies, and a few new weapons can't cover up that for such an important title, it just does not quite deliver. Most of all, Horde mode is really over rated. Multiplayer is still great though. It just feels the same and I fear it will grow too repetative since I played the first one to death.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts
There is a sticky for a reason. Please post there. The last thing we would want is topic flooding. :)
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

I have played both Gears 2 and Resistnace 2. And yet I am dissappointed in both of them. I am not comparing, because they dissappoint me in totally different ways.\

Resistance 2 is a hudge improvment over the first one and has new origional ideas. The gameplay is alot better, less running and gunning and more reliance on accuracy, boss fights are great, and new multiplayer modes are a great addition. However the story is incoherent and very choppy, you go from California, to Utah, to Louisiana randomly. Also, the game lacks \polish, there are some weird AI issues everyonce in a while,graphics are not the best, and weird physics sometimes (a gun got caught in mid air in one of the cutscenes, weirdest thing I have seen.)

Now Gears 2 is the exact opposite, it has that polish, and a stronger story than Gears 1. Howe\ver, I feel like I am playing the same game I did 2 years ago. The gameplay is almost the exact same. Shields, more enemies, and a few new weapons can't cover up that for such an important title, it just does not quite deliver. Most of all, Horde mode is really over rated. Multiplayer is still great though. It just feels the same and I fear it will grow too repetative since I played the first one to death.

ndrliang

The 2 best MP games out right now(given Gears has a few problems in the MP but nothing major) and you like neither........ sucks to be you :P.

-Sluggo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Sluggo-
Member since 2008 • 1345 Posts
[QUOTE="ndrliang"]

Ren_eko

The 2 best online games this holiday season(given Gears has a few problems in the MP but nothing major) and you like neither........ sucks to be you :P.

I think L4D will take the cake for best MP this year.

stricky55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stricky55
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
I am definitly not dissapointed in Gears 2 it exceded my expectations it offered alot of new stuff aswell as keeping stuff that made it a great game, the cover system for example and the monster vehical levels only thing that I was dissapointed in was the last boss battle not much of a fight but still seemed quite epic, Resistance has not been released over here yet so can't comment but looking foward to it, even though I was not much a fan of the first.
ndrliang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ndrliang
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like both, but they were both Hyped too much. I would have given 8.5's to both
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
[QUOTE="ndrliang"]

Ren_eko

The 2 best online games this holiday season(given Gears has a few problems in the MP but nothing major) and you like neither........ sucks to be you :P.

i think that goes to L4D...

Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
[QUOTE="Ren_eko"][QUOTE="ndrliang"]

Koalakommander

My flopping sense is tingling(about L4D) , but ill give it the benefit of the doubt........ changed it happy now :P.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Jeezus, what do people expect from games? Both are very good games. I don't know what to tell you if you're disappointed in 'em, tbh. Maybe games aren't your thang anymore. Or maybe shooters aren't your thang. Maybe...?
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Ren_eko"][QUOTE="ndrliang"]

Ren_eko

My flopping sense is tingling(about L4D) , but ill give it the benefit of the doubt........ changed it happy now :P.

I expect AA. That doesn't mean it won't have the best multiplayer of the year.

CS got AA and it was the most popular online shooter in history.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Sucks to be you. Both games are awesome. I got them both last night and have been playing them almost non-stop. Had to take a break from all the action and come on the comp for awhile
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
At least you validated your points, I liked Gears 2's story so far but I do agree Resistance 2's story is weird.
mangoslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 mangoslayer
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
I haven't play either, but I know Resistance 2 won't dissapoint me because I loved RFOM so much I think as long as it's improved, I will like it even more.
tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

Jeezus, what do people expect from games? Both are very good games. I don't know what to tell you if you're disappointed in 'em, tbh. Maybe games aren't your thang anymore. Or maybe shooters aren't your thang. Maybe...?BioShockOwnz

ur a girl!? who knew...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts

Jeezus, what do people expect from games? Both are very good games. I don't know what to tell you if you're disappointed in 'em, tbh. Maybe games aren't your thang anymore. Or maybe shooters aren't your thang. Maybe...?BioShockOwnz

Or maybe he had higher hopes for those games than some people. You know...opinions... I think both games are awesome anyways and I disagree with TC but whatever, doesn't bother me.

ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts
Completed Gears 2 today, got it yesterday. I must admit it's one of the best games iv'e ever played, masterpiece.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
Im almost done with gears 2. But imo the first 5 mins of gears one destroys everything the first one did, its sooo amazing i love the game