Oh joy, Sarkesian is at it again

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@always_explicit said:

Or worse...

she might as well be trolling. i mean, how the hell did she do that to her face, look in the mirror and go

"There. Done."

what ... what the **** is going on out there? who are these people?

I dont know, I never really proscribed to the body dysmorphia (sic?) but the more I look around at these people the more I beleive they are clearly not seeing what we see, or at very least dont perceive beauty like the majority of us. Then again I am covered in tattoo's so perhaps its something that exists within all of as to one degree or another, I certainly prefer my body with them than without. Even so in her case its hard to imagine that look had a "positive" impact on her life haha.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Her series is definitely improving with each release. My favourite part of the video was looking at how sexualised women was used in video-game advertising, pushing across an ideology that gaming is a hobby to be exclusively enjoyed by heterosexual males.

I also get the feeling that a few people here haven't even bothered to watch the video, due to some of the crude comments made. I know, her videos are far from perfect, to which I have no problem with users providing viable counterarguments. It's just that the Personal (often sexist) insults aimed towards her are unnecessary; they make you seem both childish and insecure.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Why do people that dislike her and her views so much insist on giving her so much fucking attention all the time.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

They're some pretty trashy people in this thread. If you just wanna make a dumb comment, then at least be funny with it. All I'm seeing is creepiness and weirdos that I would meet on Xbox Live.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

I actually watched a good portion of this video. My problem with her (at least in this video) is the fact that many of the examples are just depictions on what goes on in the real world. For example, most prostitutes happen to be women in the real world. Want to fix the problem? Go solve the real world fucking issue.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

She needs to unbutton a little more.

Yuk, I'd prefer she keep that shit buttoned up.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Do you work for her and promoting her? Never hear of this person until today.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

As a not entirely irrelevant aside I remember when announcing you were a gamer was poison to people, particularly women. We were geeks, undatable basement dwellers who weren't going anywhere. This was reflected in playgrounds, on television, in any place really. Thus an industry was created which tailored to our needs and no one elses. We were the only ones buying the games. (or taping them from friends in some cases) Any sexuality (which isn't a bad thing) was from a female perspective and the protagonists tended to reflect us, the overwhelmingly male "nerds" who were outcasts for not being into sports or playing in a band instead.

Now gaming is more mainstream and popular all these standards are "proof " we are evil and unwelcoming. It's like the playground bully complaining that he wasn't taught well enough by the kid he used to push around. In the days of the zx spectrum we would have loved for more girls to be involved, we would have had more credibility and less people treating us like weeds.

Anita is just another feminist hypocrite. Gaming will naturally reflect the people who play it. That's why there are more female protagonists than there used to be, and more customisation. And its why, way back when, the hero tended to be blokey.

"Gaming will naturally reflect the people who play it"

And there's the root problem. Your point is, of course, entirely logical. The developers and publishers are, after all, businesses hoping to make money (and hopefully create some awesome interactive art along the way). You would therefore create a product that appeals to the demographic most likely to purchase and enjoy your product.

In feminists/other self declared activists minds, it's the job of the publishers and developers to create games (and fund them!) that make other demographics WANT to play them. Otherwise, it's discriminatory...somehow. Of course, these same critics don't actually offer to finance the games and expect the publishers to assume all of the risk.

Same old shit. Human hypocrisy. We have crowd funding. We have kickstarter. If you want games that appeal to atypical audiences, then put your money where your mouth is, and FINANCE them.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

They're some pretty trashy people in this thread. If you just wanna make a dumb comment, then at least be funny with it. All I'm seeing is creepiness and weirdos that I would meet on Xbox Live.

True story: Pretty much the only reason I'm not jumping on the anti-Sarkeesian bandwagon is because said bandwagon is full of fucking douchebags.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol

1. why does it look like she recorded a bunch of videos and is releasing them piece meal?
2. lol still wearing hoop earnings, professionally plucked eyebrows, lipstick, foundation...etc
3. Oh look a 6th video in 2 and a half years.

I'll post what I posted on the vesti.

Anita Sarkesian is a con artist that con'd feminists, and men that wanted to be ""with"" feminists into giving her 150k dollars with that 150k dollars she has produced 6 videos in 2 and a half years, these video's contain some of the most severely idiotic claims and arguments; arguments she doesn't herself follow, and the worst part? It has been proven through video footage from an old class room thesis talk she gave that she in fact isn't a fan of video games she blatantly says it. She has also never once been shown actually playing a video game the one time she acts as If she is playing is Killter Instinct for the xbox dOne and its pointed out rather quickly in the comments of that video that she doesn't even have the controller turned on, Its also of note it has been shown by video replies on youtube that she steals other peoples letsplays and walkthroughs evidence showing that when sync'd up the videos are the exact same exact same moves used, exact same score, exact same area, She has also been shown to steal other peoples artwork.

Whats most sad is that for conning people out of money, doing absolutely nothing but stealing and making no valid points she received an award from the GDC......

For 20k dollars I could have purchased every major system in the past 25 years, and atleast 20 games for each, I could have purchased a kick ass gaming and video editing rig and with no video making or editing skills could have had my 100th plus video up within the 2 and a half year mark.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@DocSanchez said:

As a not entirely irrelevant aside I remember when announcing you were a gamer was poison to people, particularly women. We were geeks, undatable basement dwellers who weren't going anywhere. This was reflected in playgrounds, on television, in any place really. Thus an industry was created which tailored to our needs and no one elses. We were the only ones buying the games. (or taping them from friends in some cases) Any sexuality (which isn't a bad thing) was from a female perspective and the protagonists tended to reflect us, the overwhelmingly male "nerds" who were outcasts for not being into sports or playing in a band instead.

Now gaming is more mainstream and popular all these standards are "proof " we are evil and unwelcoming. It's like the playground bully complaining that he wasn't taught well enough by the kid he used to push around. In the days of the zx spectrum we would have loved for more girls to be involved, we would have had more credibility and less people treating us like weeds.

Anita is just another feminist hypocrite. Gaming will naturally reflect the people who play it. That's why there are more female protagonists than there used to be, and more customisation. And its why, way back when, the hero tended to be blokey.

And there's the root problem. Your point is, of course, entirely logical. The developers and publishers are, after all, businesses hoping to make money (and hopefully create some awesome interactive art along the way). You would therefore create a product that appeals to the demographic most likely to purchase and enjoy your product.

In feminists/other self declared activists minds, it's the job of the publishers and developers to create games (and fund them!) that make other demographics WANT to play them. Otherwise, it's discriminatory...somehow. Of course, these same critics don't actually offer to finance the games and expect the publishers to assume all of the risk.

Same old shit. Human hypocrisy. We have crowd funding. We have kickstarter. If you want games that appeal to atypical audiences, then put your money where your mouth is, and FINANCE them.

yes feminsts should finance them but here is the thing its actually the job of the developer and publisher to make their user base happy that means making games tailored for them, Women need to become the main userbase of video games for these developers and publishers to widely change the demographic they target.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#64 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

LOL She sounds so morose in this one, like she's reading an obituary. Learn how to present Anna, its the least you can do after you got your $150K.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68  Edited By Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
@Bruin1986 said:

@DocSanchez said:

Anita Sarkeesian raised so much money that she could have easily funded the development of a game, but she didn't. She kept all the extra money for herself and made the exact same videos that she was going to make anyway, which she has not even shown due diligence in producing-- she did not play the games herself, and the production values are the same as her other videos. She is a scam artist with a history of involvement with pyramid schemes, and yet people still defend her regardless. Can't say I blame her-- it's not like she has any other career prospects with a Women's Studies degree, and paying off student loans is expensive. The people who donated to her Kickstarter campaign got exactly what they deserved for jumping on the bandwagon without asking any questions.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Another solid commentary. It's a shame Anita has chosen such a tough audience to try and break through to.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

@commonfate said:

Another solid commentary. It's a shame Anita has chosen such a tough audience to try and break through to.

Maybe she should have stuck with a field that she actually had some familiarity with instead of coming into our community and making impositions on us to accommodate her worldview?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Timstuff: Only a true gentleman would suggest she stay comfortable. There is a very fair disclaimer at the beginning to not take criticisms of the industry on a personal level but if people can't help themselves then there might be some walls that need to be toppled.

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 allthatdown
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

I think she should try DP before she decides she doesn't like males.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

I love how literally every time (and by literally, I mean EVERY single time without deviation) she speaks publicly at an event, she always talks about how her "internet haterz" bullied her and ironically victimizes herself as a tool for self promotion, whilst protesting the victimization of women.

Srs, every video I've ever watched of her (not her tropes videos) she always brings up the 4 chan nerds "doxing" her and the newgrounds "beat the bitch up" game, etc....shit that happened years ago.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3218 Posts

Just ignore her guys.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

A topic like this just doesn't work in System Wars. Most of the responses have contributed nothing.