Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
Posted by AdobeArtist (24610 posts) 3 years, 9 months ago

Poll: Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :) (158 votes)

This will be the greatest game of all time!!! 13%
Biggest flop of the gen, fo sho 10%
I think it looks good, but imma hate it cuz its XB1 exclusive 3%
I'm totally fakeboying how awesome it is, mwa-hahaha 1%
It's just another shooter 14%
Why isn't this on PS4? 5%
It's good, but no Mass Effect or Tomb Raider 3%
But does it have the foliage? 2%
This game causes massive jelly and butthurt 13%
lol 720p 13%
the new multiplayer champion is upon us 14%
AdobeArtist, what the *bleep* have you done??? 9%

Hey guys, remember when this was System Wars?? Well you know what... it still is. Yeah, I just checked the board again and it doesn't say "Titan Wars". So we'll just keep it here for now and wait to see when things settle down.

behave ;)

Avatar image for kuu2
#301 Edited by kuu2 (10160 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@kuu2 said:

Anyone else's download going slowly?

@R4gn4r0k said:

@kuu2 said:

Anyone else's download going slowly?

Origin downloaded the 12GB beta in 5 minutes :P

Hmmmm......tempted to disconnect my router and see if restarting it will help.

Are you downloading on origin as well ?

How fast is it going ? It could help by closing and opening origin again. Before disconnecting your router.

The One, so it is coming from the MSoft servers I would think but who knows at this point.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#302 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26817 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

The One, so it is coming from the MSoft servers I would think but who knows at this point.

Yeah, that's up to Microsoft indeed. Origin has very fast downloads, but I can't say how fast games on the One download normally. It could also be that their servers are overloaded.

But for a company that expects you to pay for their Live service, that shouldn't be happening.

Avatar image for lostrib
#303 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Dammit, no access code yet :(

Avatar image for mems_1224
#304 Edited by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Downloading the PC beta right now!

Avatar image for HadOne2Many
#305 Edited by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -

Got my code for Xbox One...but I'm at work so I won't be able to download it until tonight (maybe not even then, being Valentine's Day and all). At least I'll have something fun to do over the weekend.

Avatar image for kuu2
#306 Posted by kuu2 (10160 posts) -

Restarted The One and it is now moving nicely.

Avatar image for kuu2
#307 Posted by kuu2 (10160 posts) -

@HadOne2Many said:

Got my code for Xbox One...but I'm at work so I won't be able to download it until tonight (maybe not even then, being Valentine's Day and all). At least I'll have something fun to do over the weekend.

Log into your Live account through the PC and input the code. That way the game will be downloading while you are at work.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#308 Posted by Shewgenja (18838 posts) -

@RpgGamer23q said:

@Shewgenja said:

You guys do know that NeoGAF is going to gif the internet to hell with "Power of the Cloud" images if there are login problems or server issues with this game, right?

Been playing for about 6 hours and had 0 issues and who really gives a shit about what neogaf does.

Yeah, since it's an XBox One title, there's probably little chance it will have the same problems as other major game releases. There will be plenty of capacity.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#309 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26817 posts) -

@kuu2: Nice :)

Have fun !

Avatar image for kuu2
#310 Posted by kuu2 (10160 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

@kuu2: Nice :)

Have fun !

You as well!

Thanks for your help!

Avatar image for soulkeeper90
#311 Posted by soulkeeper90 (6153 posts) -

I have an Xbox One key, but only got PC. Send PM if you want to exchange plz

Avatar image for HadOne2Many
#312 Posted by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

Got my code for Xbox One...but I'm at work so I won't be able to download it until tonight (maybe not even then, being Valentine's Day and all). At least I'll have something fun to do over the weekend.

Log into your Live account through the PC and input the code. That way the game will be downloading while you are at work.

Did that, but will it download when "off" (turned off using Kinect, so it's not really off)?

Avatar image for kuu2
#313 Posted by kuu2 (10160 posts) -
@HadOne2Many said:

@kuu2 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

Got my code for Xbox One...but I'm at work so I won't be able to download it until tonight (maybe not even then, being Valentine's Day and all). At least I'll have something fun to do over the weekend.

Log into your Live account through the PC and input the code. That way the game will be downloading while you are at work.

Did that, but will it download when "off" (turned off using Kinect, so it's not really off)?

Correct, it is just in sleep mode.

Avatar image for kuu2
#314 Edited by kuu2 (10160 posts) -

91% STANDBY FOR TITANFALL!

Avatar image for regnaston
#315 Edited by regnaston (349 posts) -
@soulkeeper90 said:

I have an Xbox One key, but only got PC. Send PM if you want to exchange plz

If you were sent a Titanfall beta key for the wrong platform, EA has a page to fix it: help.ea.com/en/article/tit…

That was a tweet from one of the developers

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#316 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@kuu2: @shawn30: great to hear! I'll be jumping on later.

Avatar image for HiraiKazuo
#317 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

Hopefully TitanFall will help boost Xbox One sales.

Getting outsold 2:1 by the PS4 isn't good.

If this game flops, The Xbox brand is over.

by your logic the Playstation brand should have been over with the Ps3, console didn't get a AAAE title in it's first year,lol

And as far as NPD goes the 360 was always ahead by about 3-1,lol

Love people that come on here and pull random statements from there backside,lol

So butthurt.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#318 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Played two matches, man this game is insanely fun. The mobility you have as a Pilot is insane.

Avatar image for delta3074
#319 Posted by delta3074 (19932 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

Hopefully TitanFall will help boost Xbox One sales.

Getting outsold 2:1 by the PS4 isn't good.

If this game flops, The Xbox brand is over.

by your logic the Playstation brand should have been over with the Ps3, console didn't get a AAAE title in it's first year,lol

And as far as NPD goes the 360 was always ahead by about 3-1,lol

Love people that come on here and pull random statements from there backside,lol

So butthurt.

how am i butthurt? i won't be buying either console, i game on a nexus 7 at the moment and i will be getting a Wii-U, the only game i want on either console is titanfall and i can play that on the 360 i already own,lol.

Pointing out peoples flawed logic=butthurt now?

Avatar image for HiraiKazuo
#320 Edited by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

Hopefully TitanFall will help boost Xbox One sales.

Getting outsold 2:1 by the PS4 isn't good.

If this game flops, The Xbox brand is over.

by your logic the Playstation brand should have been over with the Ps3, console didn't get a AAAE title in it's first year,lol

And as far as NPD goes the 360 was always ahead by about 3-1,lol

Love people that come on here and pull random statements from there backside,lol

So butthurt.

how am i butthurt? i won't be buying either console, i game on a nexus 7 at the moment and i will be getting a Wii-U, the only game i want on either console is titanfall and i can play that on the 360 i already own,lol.

Pointing out peoples flawed logic=butthurt now?

Avatar image for gago-gago
#321 Edited by gago-gago (11999 posts) -

Got my beta locked and loaded already! Pardon my french but holy fucking shit, this shit is nice! Now I understand why every other gaming sites are wowed and enjoy this game. I played Killzone, BF4 and Ghost on these new consoles but Titanfall is a whole new level. I'd be surprised if this gets anything lower than 8.0.

Avatar image for delta3074
#322 Edited by delta3074 (19932 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

Hopefully TitanFall will help boost Xbox One sales.

Getting outsold 2:1 by the PS4 isn't good.

If this game flops, The Xbox brand is over.

by your logic the Playstation brand should have been over with the Ps3, console didn't get a AAAE title in it's first year,lol

And as far as NPD goes the 360 was always ahead by about 3-1,lol

Love people that come on here and pull random statements from there backside,lol

So butthurt.

how am i butthurt? i won't be buying either console, i game on a nexus 7 at the moment and i will be getting a Wii-U, the only game i want on either console is titanfall and i can play that on the 360 i already own,lol.

Pointing out peoples flawed logic=butthurt now?

Dude, i have been gaming for 28 years, started on a zx spectrum 48k, A 'GAMER' is someone who plays games, doesn't matter which machine they use to play games, doesn't matter how they play those games so i fail to see what is wrong with gaming on nexus 7 exactly?

Considering my Nexus 7 (2012) is probably more powerful than the Ps3 i fail to see where you are coming from,lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#323 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Are these the final graphics for the game? Because the PC version looks like utter ass, infact it's very comparable to the Xbone in texture quality, minus the difference in resolution and terrible sharpening through the laughable upscaler.

Avatar image for HiraiKazuo
#324 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

Hopefully TitanFall will help boost Xbox One sales.

Getting outsold 2:1 by the PS4 isn't good.

If this game flops, The Xbox brand is over.

by your logic the Playstation brand should have been over with the Ps3, console didn't get a AAAE title in it's first year,lol

And as far as NPD goes the 360 was always ahead by about 3-1,lol

Love people that come on here and pull random statements from there backside,lol

So butthurt.

how am i butthurt? i won't be buying either console, i game on a nexus 7 at the moment and i will be getting a Wii-U, the only game i want on either console is titanfall and i can play that on the 360 i already own,lol.

Pointing out peoples flawed logic=butthurt now?

Dude, i have been gaming for 28 years, started on a zx spectrum 48k, A 'GAMER' is someone who plays games, doesn't matter which machine they use to play games, doesn't matter how they play those games so i fail to see what is wrong with gaming on nexus 7 exactly?

Considering my Nexus 7 (2012) is probably more powerful than the Ps3 i fail to see where you are coming from,lol

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#326 Edited by stereointegrity (11535 posts) -

Avatar image for Sagemode87
#327 Posted by Sagemode87 (1284 posts) -

@mems_1224: I'll be enjoying this game as well on my Xbox 360.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#328 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

This is a source mod, lol.

Xbones On the bottom. I think they achieved parity by gimping the other version as well, eh... This games definitely not a looker.

Avatar image for hoosier7
#329 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

Lol looks like the wheels of the tank are flying above the tracks. Also could they seriously not afford some damn AA, eww...

Avatar image for mems_1224
#330 Edited by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

If anyone wants to play on PC add me. mems1224

Avatar image for lostrib
#331 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

If anyone wants to play on PC add me. mems1224

I take it the game runs off matchmaking a la COD?

Also, are the servers up or is it running off P2P?

Avatar image for mems_1224
#332 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@mems_1224 said:

If anyone wants to play on PC add me. mems1224

I take it the game runs off matchmaking a la COD?

Also, are the servers up or is it running off P2P?

No idea about the servers but yea, you can party up and join a match it seems

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#333 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

I wish they would have made this game in frostbite. It would benefit so much from more destructability and larger map sizes.

also taking out futuristic tanks and battlecruisers with Mech's would be fucking amazing. Maybe for titanfall 2 since this is EA.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#334 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Dat feel of 792p. Damn this game loos like shit, I can't believe they can't 1080p it, and then they are still having problems with the frame rate at 792p. Xbone is a weak POS.....

Looks like they also gimped the PC version too so that they could get forced parity with Xbone. Dat M$ moneyhatting.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#335 Edited by MBirdy88 (12048 posts) -

Scumbag ea sent me the wrong key.

12gb for a variety less shooter beta? yeeesh....

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#336 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Got my PC key earlier and saw it was 12.3GB.... that's a stupidly big size for a beta to a game that has ass visuals. Where is all the data coming from?

I've never really cared about how bad the visuals are, but yeah it's a fugly game

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#337 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Played two matches, man this game is insanely fun. The mobility you have as a Pilot is insane.

it sure isw
LOVEING how basicly the whole maps is put to use now!

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#338 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
@I_can_haz said:

Dat feel of 792p. Damn this game loos like shit, I can't believe they can't 1080p it, and then they are still having problems with the frame rate at 792p. Xbone is a weak POS.....

Looks like they also gimped the PC version too so that they could get forced parity with Xbone. Dat M$ moneyhatting.

anyone WHO DOES NOT play this game because of some graphics I feel SORRY for you you

Avatar image for eNT1TY
#339 Posted by eNT1TY (1304 posts) -

Can't help but feel slightly disappointed. I thought i knew what i was getting into when i dubbed this cod with mechs but i didn't want to be wholly correct. Beta feels unpolished and decidedly last gen. This is some straight up f2p caliber shit going on but at least hawken devs didn't have the gall to charge $60. With that said it is fun so far but that is because i do like cod gameplay. Oddly enough it feels more trayarch than og infinity ward which isn't bad since trayarch>infinity ward after WaW. Visuals are rather poor but functional. Everything is so static and flat. Halo 4 has more visual polish than this xb1 beta, hope there are significant visual changes for the final product. Attrition on Fracture is fun though but i can't see myself paying close to full price for this. I will play the crap out of this beta though to get my fill since i don't think i will be jumping into the retail product. Despite all this it is still a better multiplayer experience than KZ:SF by a good margin. So far Strike Vector for $25 bucks offers way more gameplay than this might for $60. I won't write this off completely however, a beta is just a beta after all, and perhaps it's the content that will only be in retail that might warrant the price of admission so i guess i am cautiously optimistic. Am curious to see how the PC version fares since i only have access to xb1 beta.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#340 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:
@I_can_haz said:

Dat feel of 792p. Damn this game loos like shit, I can't believe they can't 1080p it, and then they are still having problems with the frame rate at 792p. Xbone is a weak POS.....

Looks like they also gimped the PC version too so that they could get forced parity with Xbone. Dat M$ moneyhatting.

anyone WHO DOES NOT play this game because of some graphics I feel SORRY for you you

It seems like the ones pointing out the terrible visuals are the ones that have played it. lol.

We're allowed to voice concern, it doesn't have to be all positive feedback.

Avatar image for ankor77
#341 Posted by ankor77 (1254 posts) -

Just played a few rounds on the xb1 beta. I applied for both xb1 and pc but only got a xb1 code. The game is crazy fun, I cant wait to get a team of 4-5 of my friends together. The game is not a graphical powerhouse by any means, but it runs smooth and is enjoyable. This will definitely replace cod as my go to shooter for now. Though Dota is still the MP king in my book.

Avatar image for regnaston
#342 Posted by regnaston (349 posts) -

Got a code from a guy on Twitter. Downloading it now :D

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#343 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I wish they would have made this game in frostbite. It would benefit so much from more destructability and larger map sizes.

also taking out futuristic tanks and battlecruisers with Mech's would be fucking amazing. Maybe for titanfall 2 since this is EA.

Na, game runs great on the maps they got now, and since there is titans everwhere plus humans, destruction will kill any chance for humans

Avatar image for mems_1224
#344 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

Just played a few rounds on the xb1 beta. I applied for both xb1 and pc but only got a xb1 code. The game is crazy fun, I cant wait to get a team of 4-5 of my friends together. The game is not a graphical powerhouse by any means, but it runs smooth and is enjoyable. This will definitely replace cod as my go to shooter for now. Though Dota is still the MP king in my book.

Yea, as someone who got burnt out on CoD a few years ago Titanfall is a great change of pace while offering something similar to CoD. I cant wait to get my Xbox One now.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#345 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@k2theswiss said:
@I_can_haz said:

Dat feel of 792p. Damn this game loos like shit, I can't believe they can't 1080p it, and then they are still having problems with the frame rate at 792p. Xbone is a weak POS.....

Looks like they also gimped the PC version too so that they could get forced parity with Xbone. Dat M$ moneyhatting.

anyone WHO DOES NOT play this game because of some graphics I feel SORRY for you you

It seems like the ones pointing out the terrible visuals are the ones that have played it. lol.

We're allowed to voice concern, it doesn't have to be all positive feedback.

voicing your opinion is a good thing,

people don't have to play the game to talk about it has there is pics everwhere, either way game looks great on x1 on my t.v IMO

i was just saying one cry and call it complete garbage and choose not to play it because of the graphics i feel sorry for them

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#346 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I wish they would have made this game in frostbite. It would benefit so much from more destructability and larger map sizes.

also taking out futuristic tanks and battlecruisers with Mech's would be fucking amazing. Maybe for titanfall 2 since this is EA.

Na, game runs great on the maps they got now, and since there is titans everwhere plus humans, destruction will kill any chance for humans

Then they could just increase the playercount, and the amount of titans because the Maps would be bigger.

Also infantry would have access to further modes of mobility, like tanks and battlecruisers, maybe even titans that were capable of short bursts of flight. There's literally so many possibly awesome things they could do. Right now it's just team death match, It would be nice for the opportunity to implement a bit more strategy, like a large Open map where you can as the commander help position your forces for an ambush among a cliff ridge in the dead of night while a Convoy makes it's way through.

It's just a missed opportunity big time.

Also, that AI is braindead, it's literally canon fodder.

Avatar image for regnaston
#347 Posted by regnaston (349 posts) -

@eNT1TY: I stopped reading as soon as you said Treyarch was better than anyone

Avatar image for kuu2
#348 Posted by kuu2 (10160 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Played two matches, man this game is insanely fun. The mobility you have as a Pilot is insane.

Yep, it is pretty astonishing. I thought for sure it would be very one sided once someone got the Titan but you can take them down as a pilot.

Avatar image for ankor77
#349 Posted by ankor77 (1254 posts) -

@regnaston said:

@eNT1TY: I stopped reading as soon as you said Treyarch was better than anyone

I actually think Treyarch has done a better job than infinity ward lately. Black ops 2> ghosts in every way.

In titanfall I will say theres nothing more satisfying then killing a titan as a regular dude. Titans are huge, but you can really out maneuver them and hit them from all sides when you are out running around.

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#350 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

MS is very lucky. This game is guaranteed a 9 here and maybe even a 10, with around a 94 MC score. Even though its multiplat which will cost the x1 some extra console sales, this game is going to save the x1. The hype is real folks.