Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

AdobeArtist  Moderator

Poll Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :) (158 votes)

This will be the greatest game of all time!!! 13%
Biggest flop of the gen, fo sho 10%
I think it looks good, but imma hate it cuz its XB1 exclusive 3%
I'm totally fakeboying how awesome it is, mwa-hahaha 1%
It's just another shooter 14%
Why isn't this on PS4? 5%
It's good, but no Mass Effect or Tomb Raider 3%
But does it have the foliage? 2%
This game causes massive jelly and butthurt 13%
lol 720p 13%
the new multiplayer champion is upon us 14%
AdobeArtist, what the *bleep* have you done??? 9%

Hey guys, remember when this was System Wars?? Well you know what... it still is. Yeah, I just checked the board again and it doesn't say "Titan Wars". So we'll just keep it here for now and wait to see when things settle down.

behave ;)

• 
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#201 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Watching the Giantbomb footage.

Looks pretty damn awesome. I don't like how demos at E3 and other conferences look so scripted, so it's good to see legit footage.

Action keeps up well. Inclusion of bots is interesting like that.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Love it. Sessler played Fogamous and was not overly impressed. It is destined for a 7.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Love it. Sessler played Fogamous and was not overly impressed. It is destined for a 7.

To be fair, Infamous has always been a AA game. People acting like its going to be AAA are probably setting themselves up for failure. That being said, I will definitely rent it (or maybe buy it at half price) when I get a PS4.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe: no,the self ownage is yours and yours only. I don't need an Xbone because I have always and will always be a PC gamer first. Xbox is a weak POS for kids like you that can't afford a PC, that's why you're clinging to a multiplat as your savior. PS4 brings all the award winning GOTYs and exclusives like TLOU from Naughty Gods that are unavailable elsewhere. Keep dem tears flowing, I'm laughing at your glorious meltdown here. You literally have nothing to throw at me, and watching you grasp straws is really entertaining.

Can't afford a PC? HA HA HA HA!!! Dude, I would tell you what I do for a living and how much I make, but that's not a forum discussion. I will say I can buy any computer I want, when I want.

I am not clinging to anything - all I have been saying is that TitanFall will be a system seller for XB1, like Gears and Halo were for the 360. You cows are the ones that are all goddamned butthurt about it. Jesus, lemmings didn't bitch like this over The Last Of Us.

You cows are the laughable ones - you dummies can't even make up your mind about whether to: a) butthurt whine about TitanFall sucking, b) butthurt whine about how you can "play it on a PC", or c)butthurt petition the developers to make a PS4 version.

In the end, you are all butthurt. It's as obvious as the sun at noon. There are what, 10 threads about TitanFall right now (all locked)? What other game is garnering such attention? None! Infamous? Not even close!

Dem lem tears and butthurt. If you can afford a PC then why aren't you playing it on PC? Instead your bragging about playing this at 792p with frame drops. Don't worry if you're a good lem I'll FRAP the game for you so that you can see what it's like to play it at 1440p LOL

Because playing games on PCs sucks.

So much cow jelly. If we had some peanut butter and bread, we could feed the world!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 kuu2

@lhughey said:

@kuu2 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

To be fair, Infamous has always been a AA game. People acting like its going to be AAA are probably setting themselves up for failure. That being said, I will definitely rent it (or maybe buy it at half price) when I get a PS4.

Thats not how its being hyped for sure. It is the only AAA game coming to the PauperStation4 this year.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

If I get it I hope @kuu2 and @FoxbatAIpha and @shawn30 play on my team so I dont get owned all the time. :P

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#208 musicalmac
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I hope I get into the beta.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#210  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Is the game capped at 60fps on PC? All i see are streams capped at 60fps. It would be horrible if this was true.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#211  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Anyone get e-mails back yet about being in the Titanfall Beta? Let me check my e-mail right now.

Update: Nope, nothing yet.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@blackace said:

Anyone get e-mails back yet about being in the Titanfall Beta? Let me check my e-mail right now.

normally beta just randomly appear on my origin account. Does EA send us a code or just have the game linked to our account when we get in.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 freedomfreak

@blackace said:

They're being sent out tonight.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#214 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@blackace said:

I need an ETA damn it Freedom!!!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By freedomfreak
@Ballroompirate said:

I need an ETA damn it Freedom!!!

It's all I have :p

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#216  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@blackace said:

Oh ok. Thanks for the info.

I took Saturday off. So if I get in, I'll be playing for at least a good part of the day. Because it's Valentine Day weekend, I'll have to take care of the wife.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe: no,the self ownage is yours and yours only. I don't need an Xbone because I have always and will always be a PC gamer first. Xbox is a weak POS for kids like you that can't afford a PC, that's why you're clinging to a multiplat as your savior. PS4 brings all the award winning GOTYs and exclusives like TLOU from Naughty Gods that are unavailable elsewhere. Keep dem tears flowing, I'm laughing at your glorious meltdown here. You literally have nothing to throw at me, and watching you grasp straws is really entertaining.

You really need to get a life. and laid.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 -RocBoys9489-
@I_can_haz said:

You really need to get a life. and laid.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#219  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I really, really wish they hadn't released this thing on the day we are expected to nurture our significant others.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 kuu2

@Heil68: Would be proud to! I have not received any confirmation though that I have been chosen to be part of greatness. However when the full game comes we definitely can get a team going.

iCurtis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 iCurtis
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I personally think this game looks great. In my opinion Call of Duty titles are getting far to repetitive and we need a new game to blow our minds away. Hopefully Titanfall is the one to do so.

Regardless of what people think or may think about the game, whoever get's the beta I hope you all enjoy it!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#222 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

My god this game like a copy and paste from Call of Duty except new killstreaks painted as titans, new looking map and the ability to jump higher and forced AI into maps with players and them being really easy to get is making the game even more lulz worthy, this way no one will have less than 30 kills :/

yea i'll stick to Call of Duty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8y0Z4F2frI

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 -RocBoys9489-

@finalstar2007 said:

My god this game like a copy and paste from Call of Duty except new killstreaks painted as titans, new looking map and the ability to jump higher and forced AI into maps with players and them being really easy to get is making the game even more lulz worthy, this way no one will have less than 30 kills :/

lmfao, yea right, you probably have the biggest hard on for this game.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#224 musicalmac
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

If you get notified you're in the beta, let us know! No note for me, yet. Going for the PC beta, and we're supposed to hear today for the fist round. I want to see it at higher than 792p or whatever weird rez it is. :P

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Heil68 said:

If I get it I hope @kuu2 and @FoxbatAIpha and @shawn30 play on my team so I dont get owned all the time. :P

We are there for you. Never leave a man behind!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By kuu2

@musicalmac said:

If you get notified you're in the beta, let us know! No note for me, yet. Going for the PC beta, and we're supposed to hear today for the fist round. I want to see it at higher than 792p or whatever weird rez it is. :P

I just want to see being played on my TV at this point. I have watched all the YouTube videos I want to see of this game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Heil68

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

I dont mind getting my ass kicked when playing with people I know but with randoms not so much.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 FoxbatAlpha

@Heil68 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

I dont mind getting my ass kicked when playing with people I know but with randoms not so much.

ahh don't worry. Im all over the place. My very first match i killed two titans with my one and was on top of the post match points. After that was a different story. All down hill from there. It was like i was better when i didn't know what i was doing. LOL.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Heil68

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

ahh don't worry. Im all over the place. My very first match i killed two titans with my one and was on top of the post match points. After that was a different story. All down hill from there. It was like i was better when i didn't know what i was doing. LOL.

You got into the alpha? I signed up for the beta just today.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Umm... no it's not. You cow Jelly?

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#231 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

Titanfall is call of duty with mechs in IOS graphics

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 leandrro

@finalstar2007 said:

and even worse visuals

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 kuu2
@leandrro said:

Titanfall is call of duty with mechs in IOS graphics

And yet no one who has played has said this but keep saying it so you are not jealous of the rest of us that get to experience greatness.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By kuu2

The codes are starting to go out so keep those inboxes refreshed.

Please, be kind, please be kind, please be kind...........

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Looks pretty interesting. I like the look of the platforming elements. Kinda reminds me of those old Counter Strike surf maps. Good times.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#236 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Welcome to Xbone.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#237 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

After watching a bunch of the stream I have to say I'm a bit disapointed :(. Was thinking of getting it for PC, but now I think I'll pass. I just assumed that there would be something more to it than what has been allready shown, but there were zero suprises. It looks so standard with a couple of minor tweaks. It's not the revolution the marketing machine is pretending that's for sure.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ReadingRainbow4
@Sushiglutton said:

After watching a bunch of the stream I have to say I'm a bit disapointed :(. Was thinking of getting it for PC, but now I think I'll pass. I just assumed that there would be something more to it than what has been allready shown, but there were zero suprises. It looks so standard with a couple of minor tweaks. It's not the revolution the marketing machine is pretending that's for sure.

It's just Cod mixed with Tribes with smaller maps and more restrictions. Even the art style screams COD to me, I wish they could have been a bit more original this just looks like a multiplayer only Black Ops 3 or 4.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#239 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

It's just Cod mixed with Tribes with smaller maps and more restrictions. Even the art style screams COD to me, I wish they could have been a bit more original this just looks like a multiplayer only Black Ops 3 or 4.

The art is kind of flat and the color palette is a too washed out for my taste. It didn't seem like Chris and Danny had a good time tbh. The game started to feel real repetetive after 20min or so. Also the low player count meant that whenever a couple of people quit on the other team the map was a wasteland. I was expecting a bit more over the top crazyness.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Sushiglutton said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

The art is kind of flat and the color palette is a too washed out for my taste. It didn't seem like Chris and Danny had a good time tbh. The game started to feel real repetetive after 20min or so. Also the low player count meant that whenever a couple of people quit on the other team the map was a wasteland. I was expecting a bit more over the top crazyness.

Yeah that's one thing I noticed as well, the game is extremely drab and grey looking. There's so many cool directions they could take a futuristic setting and It's really disheartening to see them just slap this same boring and frankly tired coat of paint on it.

They could even do this same setting much better, they should of studied ghost in the shells world, that does the military theme extremely well without coming across as generic.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By leandrro

@kuu2: im gonna try it on my pc at ultra settings and keyboard and mouse, but those IOS visuals will hardly be ignored, but enjoy your shitty version of a weak game

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 FoxbatAlpha

I got my beta key and downloading now. Going to try to get a match in before P2M.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#243 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I got my beta key and downloading now. Going to try to get a match in before P2M.

I'm so jealous. Still awaiting my key, fingers very crossed.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Welcome to Xbone.

This game looks so last gen its ridiculous!

it even looks worse in direct feed because gamespot is hiding the flaws.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_titanfall-24193-2742_0013.jpg

http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_24193_en.html

LOL

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@killzowned24:

I think the game is open-world if I'm not mistaken, which explains the graphics, resolution and frame-rate issue.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@alcapello said:

@killzowned24:

I think the game is open-world if I'm not mistaken, which explains the graphics, resolution and frame-rate issue.

nope, xbone is just weak.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Alcapello

@killzowned24:

The hardware being weak doesn't really help much at all.

Isn't this game coming to PS4? Hopefully these issues will be tweaked when it does.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@alcapello said:

@killzowned24:

Titanfall is openworld in the same sense that COD is. The maps are designed for 6 on 6 play, so their naturally fairly small.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Alcapello

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@alcapello said:

@killzowned24:

Titanfall is openworld in the same sense that COD is. The maps are designed for 6 on 6 play, so their naturally fairly small.

Ohh.

So this could definitively be a hardware issue.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@alcapello said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@alcapello said:

@killzowned24:

Ohh.

So this could definitively be a hardware issue.

also not final graphics. But it is by no means going to be a graphics king. they value performance over visuals