Official Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Thread! GS A..IGN AA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#102 Posted by finalstar2007 (27904 posts) -

The Bad:

"Easy difficulty diminishes the fun of thieving."

I thought Tom Mc Shea liked easy difficulties :|

i kind of knew the game would be too easy because Game Informer gave it a 9/10.. higher scores on GI mean the games were too easy for them.

anyways looking forward to play it assuming amazon ships it

#104 Posted by Heil68 (57655 posts) -
Good score, will gamefly it soon.
#106 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Another Sony game falls victim to the McShea :P

#107 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -

Review

platniumgamer
Good enough score, I'm happy with it. I'm sure I'll love it.
#108 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
8.0 on ign if people are interested.
#109 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

I would like to get this game, yet I don't feel like the urge of getting it yet, so I probably pick it up in the summer. I glad it doing good through.

#110 Posted by Frostbite24 (4538 posts) -

Going to rent it this time around but pretty excited about it.

#111 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

The Bad:

i kind of knew the game would be too easy because Game Informer gave it a 9/10.. higher scores on GI mean the games were too easy for them.

finalstar2007

You probably should have expected it before the GI review, because overall the series is easy.:P Not that it is a big con or such through.

#113 Posted by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

The Bad:

finalstar2007

Meh dont worry its anohter game Gamespot will low ball , like most PS3 exclsives.  It shouldn't hammper your emjoyment of the game. 

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#114 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44816 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

The Bad:

AM-Gamer

Meh dont worry its anohter game Gamespot will low ball , like most PS3 exclsives.  It shouldn't hammper your emjoyment of the game. 

Lol. Tinfoil hat being displayed already?
#116 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -

No more manuals

:lol:

#117 Posted by finalstar2007 (27904 posts) -

tagyhag

Respect! you got before me! now if flippin amazon would ship it already WTH!

#118 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

finalstar2007

Not mine. I'm just laughing at the controls implanted into the cover, I've never seen that before. :P
#119 Posted by Giancar (19155 posts) -
Gonna get it for 20 bucks. The franchise is a very fun one. And I do love platformers.
#120 Posted by locopatho (23073 posts) -
All the Sly games have been easy with basic combat. That's just fine with me. Long as it's pretty, stylish, stealthy fun, I'm in!
#122 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

tagyhag

Not mine. I'm just laughing at the controls implanted into the cover, I've never seen that before. :P

I don't mind it, but how do you access the Vita version.
#123 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] Not mine. I'm just laughing at the controls implanted into the cover, I've never seen that before. :Playton2012

It sucks that they didn't follow the older games.

Each sequel got a more "torn and aged" manual, sh*t was pretty cash.

#124 Posted by locopatho (23073 posts) -

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] Not mine. I'm just laughing at the controls implanted into the cover, I've never seen that before. :Ptagyhag

It sucks that they didn't follow the older games.

Each sequel got a more "torn and aged" manual, sh*t was pretty cash.

It clearly fully disintegrated :P
Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#126 Posted by darkspineslayer (22389 posts) -
Seems like a by the numbers sly game. How much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you enjoyed 2 and 3... I'll grab it soon enough.
#127 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
Seems like a by the numbers sly game. How much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you enjoyed 2 and 3... I'll grab it soon enough.darkspineslayer
Yes, that how I thought it would be since its announcement, if loved the old ones, you'll love this one, if not this ones not going to change your mind.
Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
#129 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
Congratulations Tom, you did it again.
#130 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27386 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Seems like a by the numbers sly game. How much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you enjoyed 2 and 3... I'll grab it soon enough.layton2012
Yes, that how I thought it would be since its announcement, if loved the old ones, you'll love this one, if not this ones not going to change your mind.

Sounds fine with me. Not surprised at the score espcially after I saw who reviewed it mr. 7.5 himself.

#131 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Score goes well with the metacritic average as well. I think people are looking for something that's not there. :P
#132 Posted by BZSIN (7889 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Seems like a by the numbers sly game. How much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you enjoyed 2 and 3... I'll grab it soon enough.layton2012

That sums it up for me, too. I love me some Sly so I'll pick it up, although not for a little while. 

#133 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
Soon as I saw the score, I didnt even need to look to who reviewed it, but I did anyways....Yep, it was Tom Mcshea. In the comments he writes: "If you like 3D platformers, Buy this game you won't regret it", if your telling people this, shouldn't it be a bit higher than 7.5?
#134 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27386 posts) -

Soon as I saw the score, I didnt even need to look to who reviewed it, but I did anyways....Yep, it was Tom Mcshea. In the comments he writes: "If you like 3D platformers, Buy this game you won't regret it", if your telling people this, shouldn't it be a bit higher than 7.5?Sir-I_exCalibur

he wants to keep himself known as mr.7.5 if he gives it higher he might risk that:P

#135 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Soon as I saw the score, I didnt even need to look to who reviewed it, but I did anyways....Yep, it was Tom Mcshea. In the comments he writes: "If you like 3D platformers, Buy this game you won't regret it", if your telling people this, shouldn't it be a bit higher than 7.5?finalfantasy94

he wants to keep himself known as mr.7.5 if he gives it higher he might risk that:P

If the game was 2D, and on XBL, 9/10 confirmed.
#136 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Seems like a by the numbers sly game. How much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you enjoyed 2 and 3... I'll grab it soon enough.finalfantasy94

Sounds fine with me. Not surprised at the score espcially after I saw who reviewed it mr. 7.5 himself.

I'm happy with the score, I know I will love it when I play it tonight, I'm just hoping it sells well.
#137 Posted by OctaBech (276 posts) -
I really hate the graphics from this game, my eyes just can't rest when watching the videos. :( In all honesty, the older games look better and hit the cartoon feel much better. Love the animated short though, those guys should have done the graphics.
#138 Posted by finalstar2007 (27904 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

tagyhag

ok good cuz the reflection looks like a guy and i know your a female so im like wait a minute! :P

#139 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
[QUOTE="OctaBech"]I really hate the graphics from this game, my eyes just can't rest when watching the videos. :( In all honesty, the older games look better and hit the cartoon feel much better. Love the animated short though, those guys should have done the graphics.

The animated short was amazing, I'd love more of that.
#140 Posted by Ghost120x (5224 posts) -
I might get it next week. I'm loving what I'm playing of the collection so far. I miss games like these.
#141 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Soon as I saw the score, I didnt even need to look to who reviewed it, but I did anyways....Yep, it was Tom Mcshea. In the comments he writes: "If you like 3D platformers, Buy this game you won't regret it", if your telling people this, shouldn't it be a bit higher than 7.5?finalfantasy94

Hope he reviews TLOU. He's the only person who I trust will give the game what it deserves.
#143 Posted by ispeakfactOwns (91 posts) -
Tom Mcfanboy forgot to take the price of the game into the equation. He judged it based on a 60 dollar game scale. Not surprising.
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Soon as I saw the score, I didnt even need to look to who reviewed it, but I did anyways....Yep, it was Tom Mcshea. In the comments he writes: "If you like 3D platformers, Buy this game you won't regret it", if your telling people this, shouldn't it be a bit higher than 7.5?percech

Hope he reviews TLOU. He's the only person who I trust will give the game what it deserves.

Hopefully Kevin V reviews is because he seems to be the only Gamespot editor talented enough to review such an important game. Don't hand the game off to the plenty of Xboty hacks on this site. Before this year began I predicted the reviewers would be lowballing PS3 E's to try and "balance" the lack of 360 titles but Kevin is the beacon of light to give these games the score they deserve. Hopefully he does most of them. Not that he will give everything a 9+ but at least with him you know the score is accurate.
#144 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

I'm actually surprised that Sly is reviewing as well as it is so far.Thought it might bomb in the current COD climate.It looks like classic Sly gameplay and the graphics look awesome,can't wait to play it but I'll have to as I'm in the UK!!!

#145 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Soon as I saw the score, I didnt even need to look to who reviewed it, but I did anyways....Yep, it was Tom Mcshea. In the comments he writes: "If you like 3D platformers, Buy this game you won't regret it", if your telling people this, shouldn't it be a bit higher than 7.5?percech

You don't like Sony games much do you.:roll:

#146 Posted by StaticOnTV (597 posts) -
Sly Cooper is irrelevant, all the big 3 platfomring champions from last gen are all ruined. Jak has had no real game for so long with only one being on the PSP with barely any advertisement, that the potential customers are pretty much gone. Ratchet ran itself to the ground to make money, and lol DLC titles? Sly cooper is being handled by no-names, screwing important parts of the plot for the 3rd game, and using a much clunkier engine. not to mention had to keep the Vita version in mind. It is no wonder that in 2012 MS beat sony in games 3(maybe even 4) years straight.
#147 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5460 posts) -

Don't hand the game off to the plenty of Xboty hacks on this site. Before this year began I predicted the reviewers would be lowballing PS3 E's to try and "balance" the lack of 360 titles but Kevin is the beacon of light to give these games the score they deserve. ispeakfactOwns
Or, you know....the games werent that good? :? He's had some wildcards (Infamous 2, Skyward Sword), but really? An Xbox conspiracy? Why are cows always fighting against these nonexistant adversaries to the PS3, who they try to turn everybody into ? :?

#148 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Sly Cooper is irrelevant, all the big 3 platfomring champions from last gen are all ruined. Jak has had no real game for so long with only one being on the PSP with barely any advertisement, that the potential customers are pretty much gone. Ratchet ran itself to the ground to make money, and lol DLC titles? Sly cooper is being handled by no-names, screwing important parts of the plot for the 3rd game, and using a much clunkier engine. not to mention had to keep the Vita version in mind. It is no wonder that in 2012 MS beat sony in games 3(maybe even 4) years straight.StaticOnTV

The new Sly is awesome. Don't dog it. SanZaru did a good job. They kept it the same with graphical improvements and made it fun. Sure it wont be the biggest seller. This is a gift for long time fans though, and for anyone who loves platformers.

#149 Posted by finalstar2007 (27904 posts) -

[QUOTE="ispeakfactOwns"] Don't hand the game off to the plenty of Xboty hacks on this site. Before this year began I predicted the reviewers would be lowballing PS3 E's to try and "balance" the lack of 360 titles but Kevin is the beacon of light to give these games the score they deserve. StrongDeadlift

Or, you know....the games werent that good? :? He's had some wildcards (Infamous 2, Skyward Sword), but really? An Xbox conspiracy? Why are cows always fighting against these nonexistant adversaries to the PS3, who they try to turn everybody into ? :?

Its not about being a cow or a sheep.. most people are annoyed by the reviewer due to how stupid his reviews are, he always complains of how some games ae too hard for him even though they arent like ( infamous 2 and skyward sword, he didnt even use the controller correctly ) and he always complains about how some games are too easy like Sly.. what does he want exactly? not to mention he didnt even count it as a $40 game but as a $60 game as someone else mentioned.

i think thats why most people argue when Tom is the reviewer

#150 Posted by StaticOnTV (597 posts) -

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"]Sly Cooper is irrelevant, all the big 3 platfomring champions from last gen are all ruined. Jak has had no real game for so long with only one being on the PSP with barely any advertisement, that the potential customers are pretty much gone. Ratchet ran itself to the ground to make money, and lol DLC titles? Sly cooper is being handled by no-names, screwing important parts of the plot for the 3rd game, and using a much clunkier engine. not to mention had to keep the Vita version in mind. It is no wonder that in 2012 MS beat sony in games 3(maybe even 4) years straight.Mrmedia01

The new Sly is awesome. Don't dog it. SanZaru did a good job. They kept it the same with graphical improvements and made it fun. Sure it wont be the biggest seller. This is a gift for long time fans though, and for anyone who loves platformers.

A gift to long time fans? Screwing the plot and ending of the last game. Using a slower and clunkier engine, with less variety, and a more linear adventure of the last 2? No advertising what so ever? Rumored DLC, which removes content already from the lack of content in this game, which each sly is known for. Limited moves. and much more. It is a disgrace to Sly copper fans other then finally getting another game. But more like what Duke Nukem fans got or GT5 fans got lol.