BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 128

User Lists: 0

#51 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11231 Posts

@ezekiel43: It's a cozy setup now. I have the same situation with my centre channel. I could put it on top of my entertainment unit, but then I would have to mount my TV to the wall to raise it higher. Right now I use the TV stand and the centre of the screen is lined up with my eyes. Due to sitting fairly close to my TV, I can not have both the centre of the screen at eye level and the centre channel at ear level. So, I prioritize the TV height.

Your seating situation is less than ideal to say the least. If I were you, I would invest in a decent chair that will benefit your desk setup and you can roll it to the middle of the room when watching TV.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 2129 Posts

@BassMan said:

@ezekiel43: It's a cozy setup now. I have the same situation with my centre channel. I could put it on top of my entertainment unit, but then I would have to mount my TV to the wall to raise it higher. Right now I use the TV stand and the centre of the screen is lined up with my eyes. Due to sitting fairly close to my TV, I can not have both the centre of the screen at eye level and the centre channel at ear level. So, I prioritize the TV height.

Your seating situation is less than ideal to say the least. If I were you, I would invest in a decent chair that will benefit your desk setup and you can roll it to the middle of the room when watching TV.

That would be crazy, though, because I'd be sitting way too close to the TV. My head would also be too high (which is why I took the bed frame out). This is okay. Tolerable, I should say. If I have guests, I will swap the bed for the sofa and them put them back after they leave.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37813 Posts

I came for some ideas and was not disappointed. Thanks, people!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25178 Posts

New thread? Sure, let's do this again. Specs in the sig.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3771 Posts

@AdobeArtist: I love that case! And the N7 decal makes it look extra tough!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25178 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

@AdobeArtist: I love that case! And the N7 decal makes it look extra tough!

Oh yes, The Phanteks Evolve X is a beast of a case; tons of fan and water cooling options, including support for 140 mm fans for great airflow, an absolute dream for cable management with loads of routing space in the back, and the storage support - 10 mechanical drives plus 9 SSD's. Though that's 4 HDDs in the basement, the other 6 would have to be in the main space in the way of the intake fans that I should never need to get to. Still doing fine with my 2 HDDs and 1 SSD (boot drive + Adobe Suite).

The built in RGB is pure icing, and the added N7 emblem has boosted gaming performance by 7% ;)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 128

#58 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11231 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

The built in RGB is pure icing, and the added N7 emblem has boosted gaming performance by 7% ;)

Only 7%? You need a bigger emblem!

Setup looks great as always. :)