Official Post Your Gaming HQ Thread

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#1 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

Just starting another gaming setup thread since the last one was locked. Maybe we can get a sticky so there isn't a new setup thread every couple of months.

Anyway, here are the gaming related areas of the basement in their current form. I will update with pics of the office/PC gaming room when its done. I'm in the middle of a PC upgrade at the moment.

85" Sony 900F
Sony STR-DH790 Receiver
5.1.2 Surround Sound
Center Speaker Sony SS-CS8
Tower Speakers Sony SS-CS3
Subwoofer Sony SA-CS9
Rear Surround Speakers Sony SS-CS5
Atmos Speakers Sony SS_CSE

Two 55" Sony TV's in the gaming area. On the left is the 930e and the one on the right is the 900e.
The Sound bar for each TV is the Sony HTCT290

Share your gaming setups SW!

#2 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

Sticky it would be a good idea since we do get these every now and then. What do you think @xantufrog? Sounds like a good idea to sticky this wouldn't you say?

#3 Posted by npiet1 (2515 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: I'd post mine but now it would just be embarrassing, lol.

#4 Posted by robert_sparkes (3311 posts) -

Compared to that mines an embarrassment.

#5 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1784 posts) -

Is that stadium seating? I can't tell. I mean, are the rear seats higher than the front seats? Edit: Yeah, looks like it is.

I have those Atmos and tower speakers.

#6 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

Is that stadium seating? I can't tell. I mean, are the rear seats higher than the front seats? Edit: Yeah, looks like it is.

I have those Atmos and tower speakers.

Yeah, there's a step up to the second row.

Also, how do you like your speakers?

#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31586 posts) -

I really like those posters!

#8 Posted by xantufrog (11685 posts) -

@davillain-: sounds good, let's do it!

#9 Posted by pyro1245 (5238 posts) -

Wow nice setup.... I'd be interested in knowing what displays and speakers you are using.

I'll have to clean up my living room and PC battle station and post some pics!

#10 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@davillain-: sounds good, let's do it!

Already done, Thanks.

#11 Edited by Zero_epyon (13358 posts) -

Oh cool maybe I should share my setup...

***See's pictures in OP***

#12 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -
@npiet1 said:

@robert_sparkes said:

@Zero_epyon said:

Oh come on! Share!

#13 Posted by Zero_epyon (13358 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:
@npiet1 said:

@robert_sparkes said:

@Zero_epyon said:

Oh come on! Share!

nah mine is literally just a desk where I work. Nothing remotely interesting.

#14 Edited by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

Yeah, TC has a sick setup. Mine hasn't changed since I posted these. I need to get the cables run behind the wall, but i've had far too much on my plate to get it done.

My setup is:

TV - Samsung Q8FN (55)

Sound - Sony HT-ST5000

PS4 Pro

Switch

PC - i7 7700k/RTX 2080/2x3TB HDD/128GB SSD/16GB DDR4

Apparently my dog is poking her nose around the couch in the second pic lol.

#15 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

@lundy86_4: That’s a great TV. The decor is great too.

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: Thanks. The TV is great, though i'm having issues with the 1440p/120hz option at the moment. Decor is neater now, but I live alone, so the gaming area is my living area.

BTW, yours looks incredible finished. I've seen it before, but Jesus, that's a lot of hardware.

#18 Edited by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

Epic setup mate!

Here's some pics of mine...

Not much has changed. PCs have switched places. No idea what the toilet brush is doing there. Got back speakers along with the soundbar and sub, they're small, but loud enough. Would love to upgrade to the Atmos set. No carpets because our 5 month old dog still pisses all over the place. Carried the ol' 65" to the bedroom, nice for some late night series/movie watching.

Edit2: Teh Specticles:

• Samsung Q9FN 75" TV
  • PRO
  • Xbox X with a 6TB ext HDD
  • Samsung HW-n560 s.bar+sub+b.speakers
  • Non gaming PC: i7-8700k at 4.8Ghz, 16GB, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16. SSD+HDD, Win 10
  • Nintendo Switch dock

Bedroom setup:

• Samsung 65" KS7005 (KS8000 in US)
  • Xbox S
  • Super Nintendo mini
  • Nintendo 64 with a scart to HDMI adapter, horrible picture, need to search for other options.

#19 Posted by M8ingSeezun (2238 posts) -

Jesus, Golden, that's some sick ass setup my man!

#20 Edited by BassMan (10643 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: The theater room turned out really nice. I love the movie poster selections too.

I noticed all your equipment is Sony. Do you get some crazy discounts on this stuff? or just a Sony fanboy? hehe :)

#21 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

@BassMan: I’m kinda a Sony fanboy outside of video games. I came real close to pulling the trigger on a Samsung TV (82” Q8), and can admit their speakers are only casual tier quality compared to the big boys. Sonys price/performance across the spectrum of TVs and audio is too good to pass up. Home audio is especially expensive. Maybe I will upgrade in the future. But these Sony speakers sound great to my causal, non audiophile ears.

And thanks, the movie posters are a hit among most that have seen them. I’m glad I was able to find a few of these. Now I just need a popcorn machine and a good way to display the snacks

#22 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

@Epak_: I love the Q9. That thing is stunning in person. The HDR is something else on that tv

#23 Posted by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@Epak_: I love the Q9. That thing is stunning in person. The HDR is something else on that tv

It was my dream TV, right after I had read the Rtings review :P Cost me a pretty penny too. They all have some (some to severe) DSE though and from what I've read Sony TVs have better motion, but I've been satisfied with mine.

#24 Edited by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

@Epak_: The Q9 is dirty nice. I went for the Q8, because I couldn't justify the price jump from $2000 to ~$5000. The build quality is also really good.

Edit: I always saw some form of DSE, but never realized what it actually was. I get the slight drag with reds on the Q8... Typically only with a PC display and on a site like this... I don't notice anything with movie/TV playback both on-and-off PC, but that's likely due to being less controlled and in a different lighting environment (typically lights off for movie/TV playback.)

#25 Posted by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Epak_: The Q9 is dirty nice. I went for the Q8, because I couldn't justify the price jump from $2000 to ~$5000. The build quality is also really good.

Edit: I always saw some form of DSE, but never realized what it actually was. I get the slight drag with reds on the Q8... Typically only with a PC display and on a site like this... I don't notice anything with movie/TV playback both on-and-off PC, but that's likely due to being less controlled and in a different lighting environment (typically lights off for movie/TV playback.)

By the time I got it it was almost half the price, still 3499 euros (from about 6000€). I don't know why the DSE torments these Sammy FALDS, it manifests as dark spots/blemishes on the panel. I see it in light, panning content because the "dirt" stays still (hockey for example + other winter sports and content like that) and that's about it. The ridiculous contrast and brightness make all up for it though, I mean I would be disappointed if it wasn't so.

#26 Posted by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

@Epak_: Ouch, €3500 is expensive. Solid deal from €6000 though.

I hope I don't start noticing it more now i'm aware lol. That'll begin to bug me. Yeah, that's why I went with QLED over OLED, barring burn-in, was because I have two large french doors that lead onto my balcony and i'm south facing, so it's shining in all day. The QLED works wonders in a bright environment.

#27 Posted by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Epak_: Ouch, €3500 is expensive. Solid deal from €6000 though.

I hope I don't start noticing it more now i'm aware lol. That'll begin to bug me. Yeah, that's why I went with QLED over OLED, barring burn-in, was because I have two large french doors that lead onto my balcony and i'm south facing, so it's shining in all day. The QLED works wonders in a bright environment.

Bought it in January, still paying for it actually, only a couple of months to go though. I just really wanted a nice TV :P

I also considered an OLED, but after owning a 65" I wanted to go bigger and the 77" OLEDs are really expensive and they really can't be used as computer monitors (burn-in). Our livingroom is pretty bright with 3 decent size windows too.

Hate how neat your setups/livingrooms look btw, me and the missis are a mess lol.

#28 Edited by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

@Epak_ said:

Bought it in January, still paying for it actually, only a couple of months to go though. I just really wanted a nice TV :P

I also considered an OLED, but after owning a 65" I wanted to go bigger and the 77" OLEDs are really expensive and they really can't be used as computer monitors (burn-in). Our livingroom is pretty bright with 3 decent size windows too.

Hate how neat your setups/livingrooms look btw, me and the missis are a mess lol.

I'd gladly give up an organ for a Q9 :P

PC is the main use of my TV as well. I think QLEDs have a 10-year warranty for burn-in, so that means they're confident as shit.

Trust me, it doesn't just happen. I'm repainting the condo this year, and i've been meaning to wallpaper the TV wall as a focal point. It's only a couple years old, and i'm still planning what I need to change lol.

#29 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

Here is the PC gaming setup in the home office. Ryzen 9 3900X and a 2080Ti.

#30 Edited by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I'd gladly give up an organ for a Q9 :P

PC is the main use of my TV as well. I think QLEDs have a 10-year warranty for burn-in, so that means they're confident as shit.

Trust me, it doesn't just happen. I'm repainting the condo this year, and i've been meaning to wallpaper the TV wall as a focal point. It's only a couple years old, and i'm still planning what I need to change lol.

Part payment, that's how I can afford most of my things. That and a steady job (so far, only fixed-term).

The burn-in warranty is pretty useless on a LCD, it's practically impossible to happen with normal viewing habits, maybe if you display a static screen for a really long time.

I work in three shifts ( just did three night shifts in a row and I still had to clean yesterday and help move a bed over to my "mother-in-law") and my gf is currently studying, then there's the dog. Most of the time I just want to lay down, watch/play something, pet the dog. Random crap accumulates quickly around the appartment :P

@goldenelementxl: Nice, RGB-heaven :D I sometimes get this urge to order a GPU and see what my PC is capable of, maybe someday.