Official NPD Results for Jan - PS4 dominates.(KEEP IT HERE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#451 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

So People brought more Xbox one games then others,

No. Where did you get this?

#452 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

So People brought more Xbox one games then others, and People Brought more Xbox 360 games than others, and combined they sold what the PS4 and wii u sold together.

So people brought almost double the PS4's than Xbox ones. Which actually did not make the gap much bigger so march is still open. Maybe a price drop. The parts they used for the X1 dropped in price last month.

So Wii U has no numbers to show. Sony has no even hinted implications of a PSvita number.

Nintendo in general, has not put out any numbers. Interesting.

Wrong Playstation 4 had more games sold than the Xbox One.

#453 Posted by Bren128 (2355 posts) -

So the PS4 has better hardware, more EXCLUSIVES lined up AGAIN ( Just like ps3!) , is a 100 dollars cheaper, multiplats running better on PS4. PS plus is awesome. But no the one isnt in trouble at all. Im sure Titan fall will save it. Some of you people are complete idiots

#454 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@xxyetixx said:

Man some of y'all need to relax, it's January, you know the month after Xmas! Obviously not too many people have upwards of $500 and more to spend on a luxury item. Botha systems sales went way down between December and January. Tax season is coming, more games are coming, and MS is sitting in a good spot cause more X1's you got in store the easier it is for someone to go out and get one when they see something they wanna play. It will be well into the summer by the time I make the jump to next gen. Just don't have the urge to make that leap yet.

Might wanna look at this...

@Dire_Weasel said:

Just to put the "First January" sales in perspective:

• 1st January PS4 - 271K
  • 1st January PS3 - 244K
  • 1st January PS2 - 248K
  • 1st January Xbox One - 143K
  • 1st January 360 - 249K
  • 1st January OG Xbox - 127K
  • 1st January Wii U - 57K
  • 1st January Wii - 436K
  • 1st January GameCube - 62K

So, the Xbox One is selling about the same as the OG Xbox, but about half as much as the 360 was. It might not be "doomed", but "Redmond, we have a problem."

Also ... the original Wii was a phenomenon, wasn't it?

#456 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12351 posts) -
@eisen_howl said:

@Desmonic: @I_can_haz: @tormentos: @lglz1337:

Guys, R3FERBUSHED doesn't even know the definition of STUPENDOUS.

And i quote:

"All I am wondering is if this stupendous drop in sales is indicative of things to come.

And for all these people who are blaming supply constraints: How does a supply constraint differ from a lack of demand?"

I sincerely doubt he even understands the basic on-goings of economics, let alone the basics of business.

Let's just take it easy on the poor fella, he probably forgot to have his alphabet lettered cereal for breakfast :/

I'll humor you:

January was a miserable sales month, all around. For Sony to move a grand total of ~336k video game players, for Microsoft to move a grand total of ~191k video game players, for Nintendo to move a grand total of ~139k video game players is pretty goddamned terrible. (All three companies together, with eight total systems, barely sold more than what the Xbox 360 sold in December 2013)
The extent of this month comes down to (if you receive personal gratification from a multinational cooperation's success) my video game console of choice didn't do as badly as your video game console of choice.

In regards to a lack of demand vs. a lack of availability and whether it is a fundamental difference or merely a semantic difference -- I hold fast in that the only difference is duration. Is there a fundamental difference between you wanting to buy something but being unable to do so and you not wanting to buy something?

#457 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@eisen_howl said:

@Desmonic: @I_can_haz: @tormentos: @lglz1337:

Guys, R3FERBUSHED doesn't even know the definition of STUPENDOUS.

And i quote:

"All I am wondering is if this stupendous drop in sales is indicative of things to come.

And for all these people who are blaming supply constraints: How does a supply constraint differ from a lack of demand?"

I sincerely doubt he even understands the basic on-goings of economics, let alone the basics of business.

Let's just take it easy on the poor fella, he probably forgot to have his alphabet lettered cereal for breakfast :/

I'll humor you:

January was a miserable sales month, all around. For Sony to move a grand total of ~336k video game players, for Microsoft to move a grand total of ~191k video game players, for Nintendo to move a grand total of ~139k video game players is pretty goddamned terrible. (All three companies together, with eight total systems, barely sold more than what the Xbox 360 sold in December 2013)

The extent of this month comes down to (if you receive personal gratification from a multinational cooperation's success) my video game console of choice didn't do as badly as your video game console of choice.

In regards to a lack of demand vs. a lack of availability and whether it is a fundamental difference or merely a semantic difference -- I hold fast in that the only difference is duration. Is there a fundamental difference between you wanting to buy something but being unable to do so and you not wanting to buy something?

Sony has a legitimate excuse supply constants.

#458 Edited by Shewgenja (18970 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

lol cows. wow. Go play your games lol.

March-May will be a better judge of how sales will go.

IF MS cant even get within arms reach by Holiday 2014, it may be a very bad sign

Bump months don't really necessitate the collection of evidence on a trend. Off months like January and February are much better judges of intrinsic demand for a product. That is why this January's NPD result is such a radical departure from Decembers, for instance.

#460 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

I'll humor you:

Did you see my "First January" summary? The Playstation 4 has had the second-best first January, right under the Wii.

It was also supply constrained. Had Sony shipped more units to North America, they would have sold more. You can expect February to look very similar to January with regards to Playstation 4 sales because very little has changed; Sony is selling everything it ships.

#462 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@blackace said:

@nyzma23 said:

@I_can_haz said:
@Nike_Air said:

Oh snap -

• PS4 - 271K
  • XB1 - 141K
  • PS3 ~53.5K
  • Wii U ~49K
  • 360 ~48.5K

Everything else combined ~84K.

Damn, PS3 outsold 360? Wow lol....

lol that is kaz reaction when he knew that sony lost 1.1 billion dollar

That's Kaz reaction after he just found out he was fired. LOL!! His HDTV Strategy was a complete failure and not investors are pissed off at Sony. They've already told Sony to dumb the PC/Laptop brand and give the HDTV brand to someone else. What's next? Film? Music? Phone? Playstation? Right now the only Sony good news is PS4 sales and their stocks recovered a couple %'s. That's about it.

@lglz1337 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: now man up and admit you are a lemming :p

After you man up and admit your the biggest trolling cow on SW. Only Tormentos probably has you beat. I_can_haz is neck and neck with you. Who's going to win the TROLL RACES. LMAO!!

@Krelian-co said:

@blackace said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Blackace is having a complete meltdown. How embarrassing.

Not really. I'm laughing my ass off at stupid cows who don't really know me. Seems cows are having meltdowns over anything I post. Yes, you are an embarrassment to yourself and everyone in SW. Get a life troll.

a meltdown to say you are not having a meltdown, riiiight xD

I'm still laughing. LOL!! A meltdown from what? I own the best of all worlds. PC, PS4, XB1, PS3, XBox 360, PSVita, 3DS, etc. I'm one of the happiest true gamers around. You're having a meltdown trying to convince yourself that I'm having a meltdown. Give it a rest dude or you'll find yourself in an asylum.

Dat lem meltdown.

#463 Edited by ni6htmare01 (2531 posts) -
@delta3074 said:

this board is devoid of logic

Xbox 360 outsells Ps3 consistently by 2-1 month after month, year after year=Ps3 is gonna be okay

Ps4 outsells Xbone 2-1 ONCE= Xbone is doomed

As i said before, the PS3 had rubbish sales to begin with, NO AAAE title in it's first year was more expensive than the 360 but it still ended up catching up to the 360 and being a successful console.

Here are the difference. 360 Outsell PS3 in US and UK, but PS3 Outsell 360 worldwide combine so that is why PS3 was able to close the gap, but Xb1 now is getting outsell not only around the world but also 2:1 in US and UK (not sure the UK numbers yet) That is why some people claim that they are in trouble!

#464 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:

@nyzma23 said:

@I_can_haz said:
@Nike_Air said:

Oh snap -

• PS4 - 271K
  • XB1 - 141K
  • PS3 ~53.5K
  • Wii U ~49K
  • 360 ~48.5K

Everything else combined ~84K.

Damn, PS3 outsold 360? Wow lol....

lol that is kaz reaction when he knew that sony lost 1.1 billion dollar

That's Kaz reaction after he just found out he was fired. LOL!! His HDTV Strategy was a complete failure and not investors are pissed off at Sony. They've already told Sony to dumb the PC/Laptop brand and give the HDTV brand to someone else. What's next? Film? Music? Phone? Playstation? Right now the only Sony good news is PS4 sales and their stocks recovered a couple %'s. That's about it.

@lglz1337 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: now man up and admit you are a lemming :p

After you man up and admit your the biggest trolling cow on SW. Only Tormentos probably has you beat. I_can_haz is neck and neck with you. Who's going to win the TROLL RACES. LMAO!!

@Krelian-co said:

@blackace said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Blackace is having a complete meltdown. How embarrassing.

Not really. I'm laughing my ass off at stupid cows who don't really know me. Seems cows are having meltdowns over anything I post. Yes, you are an embarrassment to yourself and everyone in SW. Get a life troll.

a meltdown to say you are not having a meltdown, riiiight xD

I'm still laughing. LOL!! A meltdown from what? I own the best of all worlds. PC, PS4, XB1, PS3, XBox 360, PSVita, 3DS, etc. I'm one of the happiest true gamers around. You're having a meltdown trying to convince yourself that I'm having a meltdown. Give it a rest dude or you'll find yourself in an asylum.

Dat lem meltdown.

blackace is funny, he always sounds so mad and about to burst into tears while saying to everyone he is perfectly fine.

#465 Edited by Shewgenja (18970 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:
@delta3074 said:

Xbox 360 outsells Ps3 consistently by 2-1 month after month, year after year=Ps3 is gonna be okay

As i said before, the PS3 had rubbish sales to begin with, NO AAAE title in it's first year was more expensive than the 360 but it still ended up catching up to the 360 and being a successful console.

Here are the difference. 360 Outsell PS3 in US and UK, but PS3 Outsell 360 worldwide combine so that is why PS3 was able to close the gap, but Xb1 now is getting outsell not only around the world but also 2:1 in US and UK (not sure the UK numbers yet) That is why some people claim that they are in trouble!

Almost 3:1 in the UK, presently.

Also, for those Lems who think PS4s were going to materialize from thin air, it's mid-February and this is the situation on the ground STILL:

Bu-bu-but teh PS4 needs to sell moar!!!11seven

#466 Posted by tormentos (26634 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

The xbox 360 didn't outsold the PS3 by double numbers all month alto it outsold it in US and UK,every where else the PS3 dominated the xbox 360 even with a much higher price tag that was as big as $300 difference.

The PS3 outsold the xbox 360 since day 1 on mainland EU it started outselling since it arrive MS keep UK and US and Japan wasn't even close.

But i do see your logic,also is not the same we are talking here about the PS4 outselling the xbox one world wide every where,that gap grows by each day,it was 1.2 million by the 28 of December it should be closer to 2 million now,considering the xbox one is been heavily outsold world wide,even more in EU than on US.

#467 Edited by Jag85 (10711 posts) -

If the X1 is losing to the PS4 on its own home turf, then that's not good news for Microsoft.

#468 Posted by _SWAG_ (2672 posts) -

xbone is xdone! a price drop wont save this. titanfall wont save this. its dead on arrival. month after month xbone sales get smaller n smaller. reason they didnt release it evrywhere is because thers no point itll be dead n gone by next year imho fact

#469 Edited by tormentos (26634 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

@nyzma23: ps4 sold out every where...

What!?!? http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392394153&sr=8-1&keywords=PS4

No.. not really. ---> http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-available-at-amazon-gamestop-31082843/#23

Yeah that proves the PS4 isn't sold out,how the hell you think Sony sold almost double of what the xbox one did.? By having nothing to sell at all month.? It is obvious that new shipments keep coming in,else they would not sell any unit at all,the question how much will those units last.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Still sold out in most stores.

#470 Posted by tormentos (26634 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

So People brought more Xbox one games then others, and People Brought more Xbox 360 games than others, and combined they sold what the PS4 and wii u sold together.

So people brought almost double the PS4's than Xbox ones. Which actually did not make the gap much bigger so march is still open. Maybe a price drop. The parts they used for the X1 dropped in price last month.

So Wii U has no numbers to show. Sony has no even hinted implications of a PSvita number.

Nintendo in general, has not put out any numbers. Interesting.

No MS joined games from the xbox 360 to make seen like the xbox one sold more games,in fact the only 2 games that sold better on xbox one were Ghost and Lego,the rest of the games sold better on PS4 and tomb raider actually sold double on PS4 compare to the xbox one.

The gap was 1.2 million add 140K more and the gap is 1,340,000 problem is that doesn't include sales from EU and the rest of the world where the PS4 is been sold,so it could be more than 1.6 million by now.

And japan hit in 1 week basically so depending on what they have for launch the gap could be bigger than 2 millions,in just 3 and a half months.

#471 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

Ps4 just going to dominate as expected

#472 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@blackace: yes i ama cow and love too troll a insecure lemming like you i know you are in shame backing your beloved Xbone, i would so no hard feeling i get it

I like my XB1 and my PS4. I don't like trolling COWS. I'm not a lemming just because I don't agree with all the Cow Trolling. I'll still be buying PS4, PS3. XBox 360, PSVita, 3DS and XB1 games. True gamers get to do that. Biased trolls do not.

#473 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

@blackace: yes i ama cow and love too troll a insecure lemming like you i know you are in shame backing your beloved Xbone, i would so no hard feeling i get it

I like my XB1 and my PS4. I don't like trolling COWS. I'm not a lemming just because I don't agree with all the Cow Trolling. I'll still be buying PS4, PS3. XBox 360, PSVita, 3DS and XB1 games. True gamers get to do that. Biased trolls do not.

no one is buying it, maybe you should stop repeating it, we know you are one of the most delusional lems around, the "i have multiple systems" excuse from lems is getting old by now. Maybe you do have them, maybe you don't, you are still a delusional lem.

#474 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:

Dat lem meltdown.

blackace is funny, he always sounds so mad and about to burst into tears while saying to everyone he is perfectly fine.

LOL!! That's you who believes that crap. Believe whatever you like. I know how I feel, you don't. You fools are having your own meltdown trolling this thread with garbage posts. You and I_Can_Haz may need to take a Xanax before bed. lol!!

#475 Posted by xxyetixx (2800 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo: And why do I care to look at that, most of that is what 9 years ago or more?!? I remember when the 360 came out I was waiting for a PS3, saw the commercial for Dead Rising said to myself I want that and went after work to by the 360 an extra controller and Dead Rising. I was 24 yrs old, no kids, renting a cheap ass place working all the time, and hanging out with friends. I had disposable cash on hand, not a problem. Fast forward to now, I'm 32 I have 2 kids, house, more bills, less disposable cash. Times change economies change it's not like it was.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#476 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@jsmoke03:

Oh, he's serious.

#477 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@xxyetixx: how old are your kids? Cheers to your progression

#478 Posted by KratosYOLOSwag (1827 posts) -

I look forward to joining the party. Planning on getting my PS4 in a few months, maybe sooner.

#479 Posted by xxyetixx (2800 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo: 4 and 2, and thanks

#480 Edited by Shewgenja (18970 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

As a true gamer, how was the NGage and the Ouya? I'd love to hear your impressions of OnLive, too. Grace us with your true gamerness.

Frankly, I don't think you get to claim that title for spending $500 on a TV remote. WiiU has more good games than XBone right now, but you don't mention it. Blow it out your ass. No mention of PC gaming automatically makes you the idiot of the "true gamer" village homie.

#481 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

No, that's not a "true gamer". That's the mark of someone whose only hobby is gaming. If being a "true gamer" comes at the price of being a well-rounded individual, then I guess I'll never be a "true gamer".

#482 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Amazon ps4 already sold out.

#483 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@bforrester420: BlackAce continues to get owned.

If True Gamer is an excuse to be a non productive member of society than by all means I never want to be one. Ain't nobody got time for that

#484 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo said:

@bforrester420: BlackAce continues to get owned.

If True Gamer is an excuse to be a non productive member of society than by all means I never want to be one. Ain't nobody got time for that

That's my take. I love video games, but there's a lot of other stuff I also love to do. One console (and some PC) a generation is all the time I'm willing to invest in gaming. Life is too short to only spend it in front of a monitor.

#485 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

I really think the only reason why lems support the x1 is because they don't want to be in the same association as the Sony drones. I don't blame them for it, either.

#486 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

I really think the only reason why lems support the x1 is because they don't want to be in the same association as the Sony drones. I don't blame them for it, either.

Nintendo is irrelevant this generation. Crawl back under your rock and peek your head out in another 5 years...you might have something to brag about by then.

#487 Posted by HiraiKazuo (283 posts) -

@bbkkristian: and you're an immature man child who plays games made for 8 year olds. Have fun with your Mario and girly jrpg's.

#488 Edited by Giancar (19155 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Not buying a system because you don't like certain e-personas messing around in internet?

This has to be one of the worse "reasons" I have ever read in SW. An I've been here for a longgg time.

#489 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Better then being a creepy Nintendo fanman that's for sure.

Anyway on topic looks like the tacky ass Xbox brand is dead, good riddance. Lol at the lemming meltdown.

#490 Posted by jsolidus (171 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Factoid- PS3 in Jan 2007 outsold Bone & Wii U in Jan 2014 combined.

Salez salez salez!

There is no longer a Sonyland. There is only Sonyworld. The Kaz groupie in me simply cannot contain itself.

Damn!!! I had no idea it was that bad. M$ is in deep doo doo if they don't lower the price or drop Kinect.

SDC...

hahaha

#491 Posted by delta3074 (19933 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@delta3074 said:

Wrong again, according to the last official statements from both MS and SONY the 360 hit 80 million units 3 weeks before the Ps3.

Also, since when did making Profit = dying?

and the Original xbox outsold the dreamcast and the gamecube dude in the 6th generation (we are currently IN the 8th generation)

You don't even know which gen we are in lol

Talking about last month, dingus.

what about last month? you claimed that xbox consoles had been outsold every generation by every other console, you where wrong and you didn't even know which generation we are in,lol

Yeah ok, i get what you where TRYING to say, use better english, what you should have said is 'last MONTH the 360 was outsold by every other 7th and 8th gen console'

Glad we are on the same page what games are you playing on your Nexus 7.

Burn zombie burn,ravensword, shadowgun, dead trigger, minigore 2, riddick, Shadowrun returns and quite a few others, Mainly THD games cause my nexus has a Tegra 3 chipset.

#492 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

I expected better from someone like you. You should know that every type of fanboy is bad, Not just one specific group.

#493 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

the Xbone had very little future with America but without it is as good as finished.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#494 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

It's no surprise that hardware sales drop off like a rock at the start of the year. PS3 and Xbox 360 sales are pretty dismal last month so perhaps Microsoft should consider dropping the price for the 360 for first time in years; $99 4GB and $199 250GB. PS3 S perhaps should go to $149.

I expected stronger Xbox One sales, especially with the amount that should have been on shelves. Microsoft should be following this situation closely with a keen eye. It's a pity that we rarely get all NPD numbers anymore.

#495 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Man, PS4 is just dominating. It's still sold out everywhere just showing that Sony is basically selling as many as they make and PS4 launches in Japan in a few days. The lead is probably at 2 million or more right now without Japan. Look at the US PS4 stock situation and compare to the Xbone just for today (keep in mind Amazon got some PS4s yesterday and they completely sold out in hours)....

This is just total destruction. February might be even worse than January for Xbone lol.

#496 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Man, PS4 is just dominating. It's still sold out everywhere just showing that Sony is basically selling as many as they make and PS4 launches in Japan in a few days. The lead is probably at 2 million or more right now without Japan. Look at the US PS4 stock situation and compare to the Xbone just for today (keep in mind Amazon got some PS4s yesterday and they completely sold out in hours)....

This is just total destruction. February might be even worse than January for Xbone lol.

The obsession with sales reminds me of Wii fans back in the day, but you have to go for something when the library is way under par. I for one play games, not sales.

#497 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: Thing is Sony will deliver with the games though, they always have. Unlike the Wii that was known for long droughts Sony arguably had the best games last gen. PS4 isn't even 3 months old yet, the games will definitely come and until they do I'll post epic sales to piss off the lems and sheep.

#498 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Thing is Sony will deliver with the games though. Unlike the Wii that was known for droughts Sony arguably had the best games last gen. PS4 isn't even 3 months old yet, the games will definitely come and until they do I'll post epic sales to piss off the lems and sheep.

All companies have had droughts. Nevertheless, only thing you're accomplishing is making yourself look like a tool.

Funny how you make an excuse for the time, yet pound on the Xbox One's sales yet time is irrelevant. Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Were the PS3 and Xbox 360 failures compared to the Wii? It's time to grow up, laddy.

#499 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Thing is Sony will deliver with the games though. Unlike the Wii that was known for droughts Sony arguably had the best games last gen. PS4 isn't even 3 months old yet, the games will definitely come and until they do I'll post epic sales to piss off the lems and sheep.

All companies have had droughts. Nevertheless, only thing you're accomplishing is making yourself look like a tool.

Funny how you make an excuse for the time, yet pound on the Xbox One's sales yet time is irrelevant. Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Were the PS3 and Xbox 360 failures compared to the Wii? It's time to grow up, laddy.

You're really trying hard to compare Wii to the PS4? You should be ashamed of yourself for bringing comparisons to the two, I can't believe you're a mod. Did the Wii actually have 3rd party support like the PS4 does? Compare the Wii's lifetime to the latter end of PS2's lifetime. Did the PS2 suffer droughts like the Wii? Seriously man, I know you're a mod and all and that comes with an air of arrogance and whatnot but the PS4 situation isn't even remotely close to the Wii's situation and Sony is not Nintendo, they always deliver in 1st party and 3rd party support.

They have been know to support their consoles longer than anybody since they started with the PS1. Heck PS3 still has major 1st party support compared to the dead 360 and wii and it wasn't the most successful in sales last gen. I find it hilarious and ironic you're calling me a tool for pointing out the PS4 is selling great in an NPD thread of all places. Where else should I talk about sales?

#500 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

@I_can_haz

I'm not sure where you're getting the "trying hard" from -- I merely gave mention to the mantra that sheep had back in the day to the bovine today with sales and sales threads. It's very similar in regards to the obsession. The second comparison was simply just because one platform is selling very well does not dictate the other platforms are "failures." Each market brings about different circumstances, yes, but to pander to fanboy mantra (act like a tool) when it's clearly a marathon (not a sprint) is just silly. The PS2 was a different platform all in its entirety, and to compare that market to today's market is unwise and illogical. Different time period, different competition, and different mindsets.

I don't mind one applausing or critiquing sales, but the "in your face" mantra that we see from fanboys (you) is where you make yourself look like a tool. It's an inanimate object, there's no need to have an obsessive loyalty to a piece of plastic. Enjoy playing the sales card, I'll be playing games.