Official Ninja Gaiden 2 Discussion Thread - KEEP IT ALL HERE! or face Suspension

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

too many threads being made about this game so lets keep it here or in the ninja gaiden 2 forum. thanks.

Too many users are ignoring this sticky thread and still flooding the board with NG2 related topics. From now on ignore this thread and you will be suspended. ~ Soul

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Its going to be a great game.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

FLOP :lol:therealmcc0y

hehe you couldnt resist posting that right?? :)

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

too many threads being made about this game so lets keep it here or in the ninja gaiden 2 forum. thanks.CaseyWegner

:shock:

What about the 360 fourm :O

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts

Its going to be a great game.tman93

Yeah, can't wait

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

About time too.

AA on GS, I think they'll be more forgiving than Eurogamer, who have a reputation for being very critical.

Will GS's review come tomorrow?

EDIT: Got beat to the first post

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts

[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]FLOP :lol:Malta_1980

hehe you couldnt resist posting that right?? :)

Im so gna get owned if MGS4 flops :?

MGS4 flop...? Ya right! :lol:

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

too many threads being made about this game so lets keep it here or in the ninja gaiden 2 forum. thanks.CaseyWegner

My God you could get a job as a locksmith!

Anywho, 8.7 is still awesome.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Ok to the PS3 fanboys. First your latest exclusive (Haze)could not even score a "A" score and NG2 is looking to score AAE at least. You know AAE the thing that PS3 is last in and the 360 is in the lead in of the 3 consoles. Heck also last in AAAE since you have none. Maybe have a chance at MGS4 but kinda took ya long enough since all systems have a few already.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 therealmcc0y

[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]FLOP :lol:LordoftheVacas

^ Disruptive Posting.Contribute to the thread or dont post.

Its related to Ninja Gaiden 2 :|

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eltroz
FLOP :lol:therealmcc0y
Look at the PS3 AAE and AAAE games before being so happy about the 360 getting another AAE game. Hint PS3 is last in both areas :lol:
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Wow cassey just locked the whole first page with just one thread.....After seeing that NG for the DS was not a AAA game I did not think this one would be either. But sometimes you don't go out posting that because people get very upset about that kind of thing.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Lemmings should have chilled out over haze, hardly anyone cared about it and lemmings went crazy when it floped, karma's a b****!
Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

Wow cassey just locked the whole first page with just one thread.....After seeing that NG for the DS was not a AAA game I did not think this one would be either. But sometimes you don't go out posting that because people get very upset about that kind of thing. HarlockJC

Don't forget DS ports pretty much never score AAA.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]FLOP :lol:LordoftheVacas

No you're just Intending solely to annoy and/or offend other users,flop and smile doesnt contribute anything just to annoy others.

stop it.

LordoftheVacas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordoftheVacas
Member since 2008 • 718 Posts
Lemmings should have chilled out over haze, hardly anyone cared about it and lemmings went crazy when it floped, karma's a b****!Eddie-Vedder

Dont get your hopes so high yet cow, NG2 havent flop here in gamespot yet.. so no flop.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I don't want to see what kind of crap storm would happen if Sigma was AAA and NGII was AA. Yes, I know about console standards and rating towards the times.....but fanboys don't care about that. Oh man.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]FLOP :lol:CaseyWegner

No you're just Intending solely to annoy and/or offend other users,flop and smile doesnt contribute anything just to annoy others.

stop it.

Sorry I stop now

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Wow cassey just locked the whole first page with just one thread.....After seeing that NG for the DS was not a AAA game I did not think this one would be either. But sometimes you don't go out posting that because people get very upset about that kind of thing. Mythbuster4ever

Don't forget DS ports pretty much never score AAA.

It was not a port...The NG game for the DS was it own game

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts
Hmm.... reading the reviews has convinced me to add this to the list of games I'm going to buy very soon. Funnily enough, the review seems to have had the opposite effect on a lot of people in SW :P
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]FLOP :lol:Eltroz
Look at the PS3 AAE and AAAE games before being so happy about the 360 getting another AAE game. Hint PS3 is last in both areas :lol:

oh so you play alphabet ???? because you just mention A & E's.... is it some sort of new gaming???

Trust me we dont need letters to justify fun we have with playing games.... scores are an opinion of the reviewers and to a certain extent a guidline to the quality of a game for those who are interested in it...

I enjoyed many games which got less than a 9.0 score and if you think those are not worth it because there arent enough letters in their score than you're missing out..

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
After seeing these latest reviews I'm official prediting this as a 9.0 here. As shown in the past, Gamespot loves Ninja Gaiden. I doubt they'll mark down on it too hard. If anything, it'll get a 8.5 at the lowest.
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
NG2 will get AA and so the best NG game this gen so far will be on the PS3.

Oh that will be funny.
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
Ok to the PS3 fanboys. First your latest exclusive (Haze)could not even score a "A" score and NG2 is looking to score AAE at least. You know AAE the thing that PS3 is last in and the 360 is in the lead in of the 3 consoles. Heck also last in AAAE since you have none. Maybe have a chance at MGS4 but kinda took ya long enough since all systems have a few already.Eltroz

ok, first of all, Free Radical has never dished out anything amazing. Haze looked great, but it had no previous games to back it up and it seemed like some sort of Crysis rip-off. when it comes to NG2, we have NG to look at; it scored AAA's everywhere. even it's remake and port. so obviously, after NG2 has been made for such a long time and Itagaki himself stated that ''you won't be able to play Sigma after NG2'', its rather dissapointing to see it get merely a little above average scores across the board. i was expecting AAA's & AAAA's all around on this one. now look at MGS4's reviews.. all AAA.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 therealmcc0y

After seeing these latest reviews I'm official prediting this as a 9.0 here. As shown in the past, Gamespot loves Ninja Gaiden. I doubt they'll mark down on it too hard. If anything, it'll get a 8.5 at the lowest.Lionheart08

Gamespot is a completly different place now

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Hmm.... reading the reviews has convinced me to add this to the list of games I'm going to buy very soon. Funnily enough, the review seems to have had the opposite effect on a lot of people in SW :P donwoogie

The complaints about NG2 are virtually identical to the complaints about NG, which were pretty much about the camera, the difficulty, and the story. Anyone who enjoyed any version of NG should definitely get it.

If anything, after viewing the new 720p clips on Gamersyde, I'm hyped even more for it. Combat looks astonishing, and I personally can't wait to use the Falcon Talons and Scythe (and my trusty Lunar again).

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

Oh that will be funny.
DireToad

That will be hilarious

it will be even funnier if Ninja Gaiden 2 gets a lower score than the DS spinoff

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HarlockJC

Oh that will be funny.
DireToad

That would be kind sad in my opinion due to the fact it just a port.

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

Lemmings should have chilled out over haze, hardly anyone cared about it and lemmings went crazy when it floped, karma's a b****!Eddie-Vedder

nope haze was hyped people just went quiet and ignored it after the demo.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CaseyWegner
well, if it flops it's just another example for me to use when you guys blidly hype things. :)
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Oh that will be funny.
DireToad

If a remake can score 9.0... Then a brand new game from the same people should as well.

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts

NG2 reviews so far

Gametap 9/10

Videogamer 9/10

IGN-8.7/10

CVG-8/10

Gamesradar 7/10

Eurogamer 7/10

Average=8.1

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Should you be saying this a couple of weeks before MGS4 comes out? ;)

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GUNpoint_
well, if it flops it's just another example for me to use when you guys blidly hype things. :)CaseyWegner

hyping NG2 is hardly an example of 'blindly hyping'. judging from previews, screens, vids, and even previous games.. anyone who hasn't hyped NG2 as AAA was either a fanboy or just stupid. there were great expectations for this game, we pretty much knew it was gonna get a 9.5 at least.. but i guess that's not the case anymore
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
If this game flops cow's are going to use all the pent up lemming haterd and anger and flame the crap out of the score's thread. Its going to be like NG scored a 3 :lol:
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eltroz
[QUOTE="Eltroz"]Ok to the PS3 fanboys. First your latest exclusive (Haze)could not even score a "A" score and NG2 is looking to score AAE at least. You know AAE the thing that PS3 is last in and the 360 is in the lead in of the 3 consoles. Heck also last in AAAE since you have none. Maybe have a chance at MGS4 but kinda took ya long enough since all systems have a few already.GUNpoint_

ok, first of all, Free Radical has never dished out anything amazing. Haze looked great, but it had no previous games to back it up and it seemed like some sort of Crysis rip-off. when it comes to NG2, we have NG to look at; it scored AAA's everywhere. even it's remake and port. so obviously, after NG2 has been made for such a long time and Itagaki himself stated that ''you won't be able to play Sigma after NG2'', its rather dissapointing to see it get merely a little above average scores across the board. i was expecting AAA's & AAAA's all around on this one. now look at MGS4's reviews.. all AAA.

I kinda was thining AAA also. The score from GS still may be that we will have to see. As far as HAze say what you want about it now. Haze was hyped AA and could not even get a A score. Also the only system fanbase that has no room to make fun of a game that is AAE ( if it does score that way) is the PS3 fans. I mean really how does a fanbase that has the least AAE and AAAE of all the systems make fun of a console getting a AAE game??? Even worse just after a hyped game could not even score a A.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HarlockJC

well, if it flops it's just another example for me to use when you guys blidly hype things. :)CaseyWegner

Sometimes it can be so easy to get caught up in the hype...Maybe not with this game but many others:lol:

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Truth hurts you

therealmcc0y

Are you looking for a suspension or something? I haven't seen you post anything relative to this thread.

I'm only stating fact that Sigma is a remake. There isn't anything funny about NG2 scoring less.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Oh that will be funny.
DireToad

That would be ironic, specially after Itagaki said he didn't like sigma lol.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#46 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]After seeing these latest reviews I'm official prediting this as a 9.0 here. As shown in the past, Gamespot loves Ninja Gaiden. I doubt they'll mark down on it too hard. If anything, it'll get a 8.5 at the lowest.therealmcc0y

Gamespot is a completly different place now

True enough. But then Gamespot have also been pretty kind to games that got average scores elsewhere like Assassin's Creed and No More Heroes so I'm still predicting a 8.5-9.0.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]well, if it flops it's just another example for me to use when you guys blidly hype things. :)GUNpoint_

hyping NG2 is hardly an example of 'blindly hyping'. judging from previews, screens, vids, and even previous games.. anyone who hasn't hyped NG2 as AAA was either a fanboy or just stupid. there were great expectations for this game, we pretty much knew it was gonna get a 9.5 at least.. but i guess that's not the case anymore

You want to see great previews and vids. Check out Haze you can even go based on previous games.

Also the last game TN did was not a AAA game it was a AA. Which looks like what this game will be.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GUNpoint_
[QUOTE="GUNpoint_"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]Ok to the PS3 fanboys. First your latest exclusive (Haze)could not even score a "A" score and NG2 is looking to score AAE at least. You know AAE the thing that PS3 is last in and the 360 is in the lead in of the 3 consoles. Heck also last in AAAE since you have none. Maybe have a chance at MGS4 but kinda took ya long enough since all systems have a few already.Eltroz

I kinda was thining AAA also. The score from GS still may be that we will have to see. As far as HAze say what you want about it now. Haze was hyped AA and could not even get a A score. Also the only system fanbase that has no room to make fun of a game that is AAE ( if it does score that way) is the PS3 fans. I mean really how does a fanbase that has the least AAE and AAAE of all the systems make fun of a console getting a AAE game??? Even worse just after a hyped game could not even score a A.

its not the fact that its getting an AAE. that would be great if it was anything other then NG2. even i thought NG2 would be the second greatest next-gen game ever. in terms of scores, no, it isn't bad. but in terms of what was expected, its turning out to be a real letdown so far.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

I think the problems with Ninja Gaiden 2 are the same problems a lot of this year's 360 sequels face.

Geow 2 looks like an expansion pack, Ninja Gaiden 2 looks like the XBox game. Fable 2 sounds like the first game but a bit closer to the original vision

Banjo Kazooie looks different but apaprently the vehicle mechanic sucks

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]well, if it flops it's just another example for me to use when you guys blidly hype things. :)GUNpoint_

it was hyped AAA long before any of that.