Official: MS carry on supporting SKUs as dev kits

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I just created this topic to counter typical Sony fanboy tactic to post an inaccurate info at the time when it has already been corrected and don't bother to correct his topic and leave it be:

Microsoft has issued Eurogamer a statement on today's comments by Xbox's Martin Fuller, which the company now says were "inaccurate".

"The comments today were inaccurate," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "We remain committed to ensuring the best possible solution for developers and hobbyists to create games for Xbox One. We will share more details at a later date."

The response suggests that Microsoft is still planning to announce some form of help for indie developers wishing to create games for Xbox...

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows only believe news and rumors that benefit them. Sad really.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

"We will share more details at a later date."

So your rebuttal really doesn't say anything but "just wait", gotcha. That is not as much of a reversal or confirmation that the previous declaration was wrong, as it is a statement to not be held accountable for any backlash that the original announcement might cause.

Don't really care about this whole dev kit thing, I was just checking out your thread, but your "Officail MS carry on support as dev kits" thread is indeed misleading.

Please be excited.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

"We will share more details at a later date." seems to be the recurring theme with Microsoft. Although what ever happened to the PS4 media support...

Good to see that MS are going allow anyone to be a Xbox One dev if they want to be, might get some interesting games.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Sound like they are running out of excuses.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@alcapello said:

pretty much, i don't see them mention or even correct the statement about not letting people use the retail xbone as dev kit. All i see is "we are planning something" which seems to be the case with everything microsoft these days.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@alcapello said:

pretty much, i don't see them mention or even correct the statement about not letting people use the retail xbone as dev kit. All i see is "we are planning something" which seems to be the case with everything microsoft these days.

Shit. Maybe you should follow Sony more if you want to scrutinize "planning". Oh how that greatness is still in the planning stages.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@alcapello said:

The worst part is it seem like it was only yesterday when they had some real potent gaming. lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Unofficially cancelled.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I just created this topic to counter typical Sony fanboy tactic to post an inaccurate info at the time when it has already been corrected and don't bother to correct his topic and leave it be:

Microsoft has issued Eurogamer a statement on today's comments by Xbox's Martin Fuller, which the company now says were "inaccurate".

"The comments today were inaccurate," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "We remain committed to ensuring the best possible solution for developers and hobbyists to create games for Xbox One. We will share more details at a later date."

The response suggests that Microsoft is still planning to announce some form of help for indie developers wishing to create games for Xbox...

uh it didnt say that. it was a retraction but nothing official about xb1 doubling down as dev kits. and may i say that was vague as f@ck...where did you get your thread title from?

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows only believe news and rumors that benefit them. Sad really.

it was said by a ms employee working for their tech division.....wtf are you talking about?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

"some form of help for indie developers wishing to create games for Xbox..."

Oh boy, best those will be gems of the gen.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: That quote doesn't say what you claimed in your title.

You just did what you claimed the Sony fans were doing... :/

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@santoron said:

Microsoft: retail xbox dOnes will be dev kits eventually.
Digitalspy: We heard this at a Q&A that no one else is covering.
Microsoft: The digital spy claim was inaccurate we are still committed to providing the best methods for developers and hobbyists.....

This isn't exactly what salt claimed? Seems to me that yes it is.

The claim was that Microsoft was no longer going to offer the ability to turn retail units into dev kits in the future, Microsoft came out and said that specifically was inaccurate.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#14 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

"We will share more details at a later date."

So your rebuttal really doesn't say anything but "just wait", gotcha. That is not as much of a reversal or confirmation that the previous declaration was wrong, as it is a statement to not be held accountable for any backlash that the original announcement might cause.

Don't really care about this whole dev kit thing, I was just checking out your thread, but your "Officail MS carry on support as dev kits" thread is indeed misleading.

Please be excited.

"The comments today were inaccurate,"

That actually does sound like the previous declaration is wrong.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I got an email from Unity earlier. Developers using Unity Engine can now deploy games to XBO for free (note: Unity XBO build is in beta). Thats quite a big incentive for anyone developing on Unity to have their games on XBO.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It was mentioned in his topic and asked for a lock. Relax.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@santoron said:

Microsoft: retail xbox dOnes will be dev kits eventually.

Digitalspy: We heard this at a Q&A that no one else is covering.

An official Microsoft rep said this at a Q&A where other media types were present, not just videogame press. Regardless,1 year of silence says a whole lot.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It's like MS has been cookin' the books for years now, and they're about to just close their doors and exit the consumer entertainment business. Windows can stay, the rest has to go.