Official Mass Effect Discussion Thread (8.5) - IGNORING = SUSPENSION

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
eurogamer gave it an 8.0 lol i think they dont like 360, 7.0 for Assassins Creed, an 8.0 for Gears of War (lol the game with awsome single player, year old but still amazing graphics, coop and one of the best multiplayer gets an 8.0), an 8.0 for Bore Effect lol what a joke i expected 9 at least....and they gave uncharted a 9/10 lol so uncharted>>>AC, Gears of War, Mass effect, even though uncharted looks little better then year old gears, has no coop, no replayability, not so great A.I. (GT said it) no multiplayer....and it came out year after gears :roll:
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

OMG! Mass Effect will last longer than Thanksgiving left overs! Definitely RPGOTY and a GOTY contender. I am so thankful for the Xbox 360 for giving us superb exclusive games and superior versions of games. Gobble gobble!

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

i'll buy this game, looks great and EPIC, it's like really playing in a Sci-Fi world/movie

but some gripes:

-aliens look great, people look bad. uncanny valley.

-Horrible, Horrible framerate issues

-resetting the game because you a clipped in to a rock by accident?.. what the ?>??

-sometimes it can take up to 5 seconds for textures to load...

-A.i sometimes just is not there....

-sometimes button presses do not get registrerd

-"in the end you want to do all these side quests".. not if their all the freaking same

so in the end.. this game, however beautifull and great, is Unfinished and broken and should not get higher than a 9... just my 2 cents

BambooBanger

- The people don't look bad at all.

- The framerate issues aren't that bad.

- 10 hours in, I haven't any kind of bug like this.

- Texture loading does take up to 5 seconds when you *load the game* or *restart an area*, otherwise it takes 1 second or doesnt at all.

- A.I has been fine as far as I've seen, there are some A.I issues however when the enemies can;t find suitable cover.

- Button presses always register.

- I've sone about 6 sidequests so far, they can be quite lengthy and none are the same.

How about you play the game instead of spouting off this garbage.

those are not my words. that is what reviewers said fanboy. sorry they offended your first born child.

Learn to deal with critisism. especially when it's not not on you but on a product you bought.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 mingo123

lol just when cows were getting happy that teh power of teh cell and bluray is showing and GT said uncharted is the best looking console game....comes Mass Effect, a game that doesnt use cell, fits on 1 disc, is more then 3x longer then Uncharted, and according to GT has one of the best graphics on a console....i feel sorry for cows

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

lol just when cows were getting happy that teh power of teh cell and bluray is showing and GT said uncharted is the best looking console game....comes Mass Effect, a game that doesnt use cell, fits on 1 disc, is more then 3x longer then Uncharted, and according to GT has one of the best graphics on a console....i feel sorry for cows

mingo123

can't everyone be happy?

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

Dreams-Visions

can't everyone be happy?

SW wont be fun if everyone was happy :P

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

i'll buy this game, looks great and EPIC, it's like really playing in a Sci-Fi world/movie

but some gripes:

-resetting the game because you a clipped in to a rock by accident?.. what the ?>??

-"in the end you want to do all these side quests".. not if their all the freaking same

so in the end.. this game, however beautifull and great, is Unfinished and broken and should not get higher than a 9... just my 2 cents

Always-Honest

- Texture loading does take up to 5 seconds when you *load the game* or *restart an area*, otherwise it takes 1 second or doesnt at all.

- A.I has been fine as far as I've seen, there are some A.I issues however when the enemies can;t find suitable cover.

- I've sone about 6 sidequests so far, they can be quite lengthy and none are the same.

those are not my words. that is what reviewers said fanboy. sorry they offended your first born child.

Learn to deal with critisism. especially when it's not not on you but on a product you bought.

You are caling him a fanboy when he is basing his gripes off of having actually played the game, while you are basing yours off of someone else having played the game? OK THEN...

Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Derek240
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

Mass Effect is a massive dissapointment for me.

1) Bad framerate and other technical bugs.

2) Horrible save system.

3) Only 30 hours of gameplay WITH side quests.

4) Clunky battle system. (keep having to go to menu)

5) Bad AI.

6) Repetative level design in side quests.

Has an amazing story though! :D

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Haha, another amazing AAA for lems. Maybe next year, cows....maybe.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"][QUOTE="BambooBanger"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

but some gripes:

HappyAppe

You are caling him a fanboy when he is basing his gripes off of having actually played the game, while you are basing yours off of someone else having played the game? OK THEN...

IGN and other reviewers actually played the game to and i judge my opinion rather on their opinion above his biased opinion. YES> by far. hes a fanboy

but fine, believe HIM: there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME. IT'S PERFECT.

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

Mass Effect seems to be getting AAA across the board. We'll have to wait for the GS score, but the only thing that could drage to an AA score now are technical issues.

jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

Mass Effect is a massive dissapointment for me.

1) Bad framerate and other technical bugs.

2) Horrible save system.

3) Only 30 hours of gameplay WITH side quests.

4) Clunky battle system. (keep having to go to menu)

5) Bad AI.

6) Repetative level design in side quests.

Has an amazing story though! :D

Derek240

1) Its a bioware game, Bad framerates come with the territory (KOTOR).

2) If you rely on a games auto save then you are not a good gamer.

3) Good 30 hours and I don't have to level grind for 15 of it? I am happy with that.

4) Its a RPG not a TPS.

5) I have given up hope on enemy AI in most games by now.

6) It is side quests we are taling about. Oblivion was the same yet it was on of the best games of the year.

Story is were it is at, again that is what Bioware does.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 kankthetank
Member since 2003 • 4212 Posts

Here's a review I don't think anyone would take seriously. Sure, I respectthe reviewer's opinion,but coming from a PC-centric editorial and the fact that his closing comments can apply to all games, I really just can't take it seriously. It is very obvious that he's trying so hard to rip the game apart...and at the same time take afew tired old shots at Halo 3 :roll:He gave the game a 60/100....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,139724-page,1/article.html

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

I think the biggest problem with ME is that it blurs the line of a third person shooter with an RPG too much.

Since the gameplay mechanics are of a TPS people expect it to play like a TPS but if you go in with that mentality you will be disapointed. Because combat will be very frustrating at times.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
[QUOTE="HappyAppe"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"][QUOTE="BambooBanger"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

but some gripes:

Always-Honest

IGN and other reviewers actually played the game to and i judge my opinion rather on their opinion above his biased opinion. YES> by far. hes a fanboy

but fine, believe HIM: there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME. IT'S PERFECT.

I'm not saying I believe him or the reviews. I'm saying form your own opinion rather taking what anyone says as fact. Wait until you play the game before saying all that stuff. Especially seeing as how review sites can hardly seem to agree with one another lately, you are taking their word as fact?

I just find it funny you are giving the game a 9.0 before even having played it. Nice.

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts

Here's a review I don't think anyone would take seriously. Sure, I respectthe reviewer's opinion,but coming from a PC-centric editorial and the fact that his closing comments can apply to all games, I really just can't take it seriously. It is very obvious that he's trying so hard to rip the game apart...and at the same time take afew tired old shots at Halo 3 :roll:He gave the game a 60/100....

kankthetank

Honestly, I think that review is right on the money, more or less. All the other reviewers are on some hype machine. Even though I'm 60% lemming and 40% hermit, the game is just not worth the money. It looks like a lame, talking game, with some fighting here and there. Although the 60/100 is a bit unjustified, he does make some valid points. And I really will be passing on this game, it just doesn't seem worth the money, unlike AC, that is one hell of a game. Beat it, and I'm still loving it. This is coming from a person who was hyping and hyped for the game.

BTW, I agree with this quote: "You'll spend a remarkable amount of time just reading journal and codex (think encyclopedia) entries about people, places, and creatures (like the one in this shot) as a kind of game-within-a-game reward for chatting up NPCs or clicking on random objects and computer stations. For all the lovely optional background detail, though, it's a great example of where Mass Effect violates its own grammar by telling instead of showing. Since when did reading flat scrolling text become its own gameplay mechanics?"

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

Taiko88

Honestly, I think that review is right on the money, more or less. All the other reviewers are on some hype machine. Even though I'm 60% lemming and 40% hermit, the game is just not worth the money. It looks like a lame, talking game, with some fighting here and there. Although the 60/100 is a bit unjustified, he does make some valid points. And I really will be passing on this game, it just doesn't seem worth the money, unlike AC, that is one hell of a game. Beat it, and I'm still loving it. This is coming from a person who was hyping and hyped for the game.

First off, it's not a lame, talking game...Many of us played KOTOR and know what to epect. KOTOR wasn't exactly the most polished game...in fact, it suffered from a lot of framerate issues and a few glitches....but there was no denying the game was overall, superb that these issues seemed minor. Now, when you look at Mass Effect, it's offering a better story, a better combat system that is more real-time and a much more open-ended world; so how can it be a "passable" game that gets such a miserable score. It's funny how you're loving Assassin's Creed despite how buggy it is but you're unfairly dismissing Mass Effect for pretty much having similar issues.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Always-Honest

I'm not saying I believe him or the reviews. I'm saying form your own opinion rather taking what anyone says as fact. Wait until you play the game before saying all that stuff. Especially seeing as how review sites can hardly seem to agree with one another lately, you are taking their word as fact?

I just find it funny you are giving the game a 9.0 before even having played it. Nice.

HappyAppe

who says that what he says is a fact. i don't believe him at all...And i didn't give it a 9.0, i said it shouldn;'t get higher than a 9.0.

That doesn't mean i don't want to play it. i think the game will be great and on of the very best this year. BUT BROKEN AND UNFINISHED. and it IS.

don't read what isn't there

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Taiko88
[QUOTE="Taiko88"][QUOTE="kankthetank"]

kankthetank

First off, it's not a lame, talking game...Many of us played KOTOR and know what to epect. KOTOR wasn't exactly the most polished game...in fact, it suffered from a lot of framerate issues and a few glitches....but there was no denying the game was overall, superb that these issues seemed minor. Now, when you look at Mass Effect, it's offering a better story, a better combat system that is more real-time and a much more open-ended world; so how can it be a "passable" game that gets such a miserable score. It's funny how you're loving Assassin's Creed despite how buggy it is but you're unfairly dismissing Mass Effect for pretty much having similar issues.

Actually, AC doesn't have that many bugs, I've playing it and only had 1 bug. While Mass Effect to reviewers seems to have bad everything. Don't get me wrong the only thing I agree with that reviewer is the game's A.I. is bad (from all reviewers), although the graphics are beautiful and the action (when there is) is awesome. I played KOTOR, and I loved KOTOR, and it seems that there was a lot more fighting in KOTOR, in Mass Effect it just doesn't seem that there is that much fighting than, reading and talking.

I edited my above posted and noted that. I want a game that will have an awesome storyline and *SOME* talking, but not a god damn movie. I don't want to pay $60-70 dollars to watch a movie, I want to play the game and feel immeresed with some fighting and action. Yes, I know it is an RPG, but KOTOR didn't even have this much talking. Game will be great for those who want to spend money on a beautiful, enthralling exprience, but for someone who liked KOTOR, this game just doesn't seem like it. I'm just saying this game is way too hyped. Great game, but not the next coming of jesus.

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts

Oh man when is the review gonna be up!!??

I'm so hyped for this one.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts
Actually, AC doesn't have that many bugs,Taiko88
The AI in AC is terrible. I saw that one on GameTrailers...
Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Taiko88

[QUOTE="Taiko88"]Actually, AC doesn't have that many bugs,Forza_2
The AI in AC is terrible. I saw that one on GameTrailers...

Yea, but what AI is good these days anyways? Crysis has the recent decent A.I.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Forza_2

Yea, but what AI is good these days anyways? Crysis has the recent decent A.I.Taiko88
A game like AC is very dependent on the AI. Where everything you're doing is assassination if the AI fails where is the challenge gonna come from ?

You kill one guard in front of another in "stealth" mode and the other guy doesn't see you... it seems like AC doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting !

:wink:

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"][QUOTE="Taiko88"][QUOTE="kankthetank"]

Taiko88

Actually, AC doesn't have that many bugs, I've playing it and only had 1 bug. While Mass Effect to reviewers seems to have bad everything. Don't get me wrong the only thing I agree with that reviewer is the game's A.I. is bad (from all reviewers), although the graphics are beautiful and the action (when there is) is awesome. I played KOTOR, and I loved KOTOR, and it seems that there was a lot more fighting in KOTOR, in Mass Effect it just doesn't seem that there is that much fighting than, reading and talking.

I edited my above posted and noted that. I want a game that will have an awesome storyline and *SOME* talking, but not a god damn movie. I don't want to pay $60-70 dollars to watch a movie, I want to play the game and feel immeresed with some fighting and action. Yes, I know it is an RPG, but KOTOR didn't even have this much talking. Game will be great for those who want to spend money on a beautiful, enthralling exprience, but for someone who liked KOTOR, this game just doesn't seem like it. I'm just saying this game is way too hyped. Great game, but not the next coming of jesus.

You're assuming too much...Actually, you're assumptions are wrong. There's actually many intense fighting moments in the game. You really need to read the impressions of people who've played it on other forums and check out different reviews with different opinions. There are those who loved the firefights and there are those who thought they were okay.

You loved kotor and thought there was a good amount of action but there are reviews out there that called it flat-out boring with not much action. You really need to play it and make up your mind and not judge the game becuase of issues brought up that you most likely would ignore (and especially not because of this review).

Also, I'd like to add,would youhave ignored Assassin's Creed if you've read IGN's review first? They make it sound like it's a broken game that's disappointing and not as fun as you thought. What would you say to people who ignore AC after readin this review? (You're doing the same thing with this review towards Mass Effect).

tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#175 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

but some gripes:

Always-Honest

Lol way to get offended because of an internet post.

"OMG UR A FANBOY CUZ UR STATING UR IMPRESHINS OF THA GAME!!111"

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Taiko88

You're assuming too much...Actually, you're assumptions are wrong. There's actually many intense fighting moments in the game. You really need to read the impressions of people who've played it on other forums and check out different reviews with different opinions. There are those who loved the firefights and there are those who thought they were okay.

You loved kotor and thought there was a good amount of action but there are reviews out there that called it flat-out boring with not much action. You really need to play it and make up your mind and not judge the game becuase of issues brought up that you most likely would ignore (and especiallynot because of this review).

kankthetank

Yea, but am I really wanting to take a $70 (CDN) chance to play the game. Yes I know there is renting, but I'm not into the whole pay $7 bucks, then go out and buy it and continue it. Don't ask me why, that is the way I am, plus I don't have a blockbuster card. Oh and plus, I don't want to rent a game, then the decision is the game is not that good, but now that i started it i really want to see what happens, many factors to think of.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 kankthetank

[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

You loved kotor and thought there was a good amount of action but there are reviews out there that called it flat-out boring with not much action. You really need to play it and make up your mind and not judge the game becuase of issues brought up that you most likely would ignore (and especiallynot because of this review).

Taiko88

Yea, but am I really wanting to take a $70 (CDN) chance to play the game. Yes I know there is renting, but I'm not into the whole pay $7 bucks, then go out and buy it and continue it. Don't ask me why, that is the way I am, plus I don't have a blockbuster card.

I added this to my post:

Would you have ignored Assassin's Creed if you've read IGN's review(or other similarreviews) first? They make it sound like it's a broken game that's disappointing and not as fun as you thought. What would you say to people who ignore AC after reading this review? (You're doing the same thing with this review towards Mass Effect).

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#178 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
i just finished playing kane & lynch. im ready to play mass effect once it is released. gametrailers gave mass effect 9.6. after watching the video review im lusting for this game. im going crazy on the fact that i have to wait 24 more hours until i get this game.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
I recommend no one watches the Game Trailer review as it has a pretty big spoiler in it in one part.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Taiko88
[QUOTE="Taiko88"]

[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

kankthetank

Yea, but am I really wanting to take a $70 (CDN) chance to play the game. Yes I know there is renting, but I'm not into the whole pay $7 bucks, then go out and buy it and continue it. Don't ask me why, that is the way I am, plus I don't have a blockbuster card.

I added this to my post:

Would you have ignored Assassin's Creed if you've read IGN's review(or other similarreviews) first? They make it sound like it's a broken game that's disappointing and not as fun as you thought. What would you say to people who ignore AC after reading this review? (You're doing the same thing with this review towards Mass Effect).

Yea, but IGN is a more "respected" website, moreso than your link. And there are 4 reviews that state that it's really bad, while most of the others rate it good/great to very good. While all the reviews for Mass Effect is 10/10 9.5/10, etc...

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"][QUOTE="Taiko88"]

[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

Taiko88

I added this to my post:

Yea, but IGN is a more "respected" website, moreso than your link. And there are 4 reviews that state that it's really bad, while most of the others rate it good/great to very good. While all the reviews for Mass Effect is 10/10 9.5/10, etc...

I'm not sure what are you arguing about but that's the case with Mass Effect, despite technical issues, overall it's an amazing game and the majority of reviews are 9+.

Also, incase you were worried about it's combat system, here's a statement from 1up's review, which I'm reading now:

"mostly real-time action, huge arsenal of powers, and underlying physics make this combat system fast-paced, unpredictable, and highly entertaining."

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164453

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

IS ANYONE still thinkin this game will get 8.0-8.5 on gamespot just cuz every other game site is givin it mostly 9's doesnt mean gs follows the heard

look at rachet an clank an stuff gamespot sometimes does not see the games living up to there big scores of other sites

i still have faith this will score what it deserves DOULBE A it was hyped way over an it not as good as the pc developedbioware games

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Always-Honest

Lol way to get offended because of an internet post.

"OMG UR A FANBOY CUZ UR STATING UR IMPRESHINS OF THA GAME!!111"

tmatte

yes, he offended me.
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Forza_2

look at rachet an clank ProtossRushX
Do not mention R&C in any Mass Effect thread. They are not in the same level of quality.

They made R&C in like a year or something...

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Taiko88
[QUOTE="Taiko88"][QUOTE="kankthetank"][QUOTE="Taiko88"]

[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

kankthetank

I added this to my post:

I'm not sure what are you arguing about but that's the case with Mass Effect, despite technical issues, overall it's an amazing game and the majority of reviews are 9+.

Also, incase you were worried about it's combat system, here's a statement from 1up's review, which I'm reading now:

"mostly real-time action, huge arsenal of powers, and underlying physics make this combat system fast-paced, unpredictable, and highly entertaining."

Well I hope these reviews are right, because I hope my $70 bucks goes to something worthwhile. And I hope your right, because if your wrong, I'll blame you :p

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

Taiko88

Well I hope these reviews are right, because I hope my $70 bucks goes to something worthwhile. And I hope your right, because if your wrong, I'll blame you :p

lol, I'm not forcing you to buy the game. I was just arguing that basing an entire game (especially one as big as ME) on a negative review without having played it, when other reviews are raving about it despite the issues, is quite unfair.

Avatar image for FF-resevil-halo
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 FF-resevil-halo
Member since 2006 • 1380 Posts
cant wait to go buy this game, what a great week its been I just finished uncharted and now I get to spend another 20 hours or so beating mass effect YES FOR 2007!
CushVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 CushVA
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

interesting comments from Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/reviews/mass-effect-extended-impressionsok-review-324191.php

"""By the time this article hits, most major reviews sites will have already dissected Bioware's latest creation, Mass Effect. I have no clue how it will be receieved-not that the game isn't great, which I'll explore in a moment-but whether or not reviews will find too many smal bugs, from texture pop-ins to the occasional glitch in a side mission/storyline to admit that the game is great."""

Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

kankthetank
Apparently he is a terrible reviewer, not very credible at all -http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154916
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#190 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Played the game @ my friends house for 3 hours and its an amazing game (sure there are a few problems with popups from time to time).

Fantastic story, amazing gameplay, the best voice overs ive ever seen, great sound,

The game deserves a 9 or 9.5 in my opinion

Cant wait to get my copy 2morrow

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Always-Honest

interesting comments from Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/reviews/mass-effect-extended-impressionsok-review-324191.php

CushVA

indeed. he touches the very reason this game is probably so great and why people will forget about certain shortcomings.

D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts

9.5 is my guess. ME is the reason I am buying a 360 before Xmas.

Gogo Bioware!

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts
[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

Harbadakus

Apparently he is a terrible reviewer, not very credible at all -http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154916

We have made a mistake.

The 1UP Network review of Neverwinter Nights 2, authored by Matt Peckham, has been officially retracted from 1UP.com and will not appear in the January issue of Games For Windows: The Official Magazine.

Upon further review of the author's text, listening to the feedback from our community and others, and after internal discussion between the 1UP and GFW editors, we have determined that the text of the review did not live up to our editorial standards. We respect the opinions of Mr. Peckham and all of our writers, but we felt that this particular review of Neverwinter Nights 2 did a disservice to fans of the RPG genre.

We have commissioned a new review by a different author to be published next week on 1UP.com, and in the January issue of Games For Windows.

We truly regret our error, and apologize to you, our readers.

Andrew Pfister
Reviews Editor, 1UP.com

That's HILARIOUS. How does this guy get away with such a horrid track record and still manage to be employed ?!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

maybe he didnt like nwn2 because it /gasp suckedand was a horrible game compared to the first one

and maybe he didnt like mass effect cuz it sucked next to kotor/kotor2 seems what im readin from the review of his on pcworld

doesnt' seem like his a pc only gamer but liked kotor/kotor2 an hated mass effect

ppl nwn2 was bad an i guess 1up was payed by bioware to make the review not bad o well

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#195 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts
i get mine a little early! ill tell you my first impressions when I start it later.
-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts
Anyone else thinking Mass Effect could flop here? The issues I'm hearing are exactly the sort of problems Jeff loathes.
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 rocktimusprime

Anyone else thinking Mass Effect could flop here? The issues I'm hearing are exactly the sort of problems Jeff loathes.-Tretiak

possible, but it seems like every review is over looking those in favor of an amazing game so its anyones guess.

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 rocktimusprime

Anyone else thinking Mass Effect could flop here? The issues I'm hearing are exactly the sort of problems Jeff loathes.-Tretiak

possible, but it seems like every review is over looking those in favor of an amazing game so its anyones guess.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Always-Honest

yeah, but appearently the game is SO great that a lot of problems like these (that would normaly harm the score of any review)

Are in no comparison to the good qualities of the game.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#200 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

Kevin Vanord is the reviewer for this game I believe.