OFFICIAL Killzone: SF GS: 7.0 Unsticky'd but not Forgotten.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@lawlessx said:

cows lowballed the hype thread and it still flops? lol

I don't regret my 9/10 hype

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@timbers_WSU: its a m$ funded website and im not lying look it up. but good news is this probably means the end of killzone, hopefully they kill the franchise

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@lawlessx said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they broke down in tears

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@Wickerman777 said:

OK, my topic just got locked. I didn't notice this was a pinned topic. But I never thought to look here because anybody that thinks such a thing is worthy of pinning is breathtakingly retarded. Guess Gamespot has 10 year olds with brain injuries modding their boards. :(

Cry more.

Lol, guess we should pin the next Serious Sam or Dynasty Warriors if they felt it was necessary to pin Killzone. I'll be sure to check next time no matter what the game is. :)

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

please can borezone be killed off now sony? release new ip this is a failed project

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@danabo said:

Left this comment on the review:

"I've flamed a bit, but as a gamer I'm disappointed for you guys. It's never good to wait this long and build so much anticipation for it to fall short. The PS4 deserves a great flagship title. And I'm sure you'll get one soon. The multi-player does look pretty decent. 7/10 is still good. Enjoy the game!"

Especially you, Heil.

Well played! I'll have a blast with this game for sure, especially the coop. No regrets here.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@lawlessx said:

I don't regret my 9/10 hype

i fully expected this to get an 8 or even an 9 and become the next perfect dark zero.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Aww. Too bad I didn't save that thread where every Killzone fanboy was talking shit about Crysis 3's metascore.

I still have some names. That means it's time to eat crow =)

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Oh man, I hope Ryse scores an 8. Just for the rofl rofl rofls.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

That was harsh lol.

I was so wrong for my 9 prediction dammit!

How could this possibly be worse than COD ghost? gotta see for myself when I get my PS4 this week.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

7/10 is pretty mediocre. Looks liek it's averaging an 80% around the web, which is good. Puts it on par with BF4.

I'm still very much looking forward to playing it Friday to judge for myself.

What's concerning to me is that I'm more interested in the Single-Player campaign than the multiplayer, and the multiplayer is supposedly better...

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Lulz, looks like no games for PS4 once again. Another wait until Naughty Gods let loose sometime in 2015 because they released Last Of Us not too long ago. Glad I went with Xbone now, like last gen its best waiting for Sony to start releasing games worth playing for the system. For PS3 it started when MGS4 launched, this time it may be longer.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Wickerman777

@Xaero_Gravity said:

I doubt it. I predict that game will score poorly. But considering that GS pinned this they'll probably pin that too even though it's no big deal. Pinned topics are for rules, FAQs, and VERY BIG news. If we're gonna pin Killzone reviews then hows about putting my grocery list up, guys?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 lawlessx

@Xaero_Gravity said:

if Ryse scores an 8 i hope every gamespot mod is online that day.

things will get bloody in here

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#216  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Wickerman777 said:

OK, my topic just got locked. I didn't notice this was a pinned topic. But I never thought to look here because anybody that thinks such a thing is worthy of pinning is breathtakingly retarded. Guess Gamespot has 10 year olds with brain injuries modding their boards. :(

Cry more.

Lol, guess we should pin the next Serious Sam or Dynasty Warriors if they felt it was necessary to pin Killzone. I'll be sure to check next time no matter what the game is. :)

The thread was pinned because of the quality. Go on the first page and have a look and then stop whining. Wtf are you going on about?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#217 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

I doubt it. I predict that game will score poorly. But considering that GS pinned this they'll probably pin that too even though it's no big deal. Pinned topics are for rules, FAQs, and VERY BIG news. If we're gonna pin Killzone reviews then hows about putting my grocery list up, guys?

No they aren't. Pinned topics are for whatever the moderators feel needs to be pinned to best control the volume of posting in System Wars. We don't need 50 different Killzone threads that I guarantee will be made and locked today.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

im sorry about your lose cows but if you think Ryse is gonna score BELOW A 8 on GS you are crazy I promise its going to score better than both of the launch titles off of production value alone. Its gonna be at least a couple of AAA scores for forza and you know it. More sad days coming from CER ZOMBIES.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Cry more.

The thread was pinned because of the quality. Go on the first page and have a look and then stop whining. Wtf are you going on about?

Technically, it was stickied because it was made first. :P

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@APiranhaAteMyVa: Funny because there are plenty of games on the PS4 and just because a game doesn't get AAA doesn't mean it's crap and is irrelevant. This goes for every platform equally.

@Netherscourge: 7/10 is not medicore at all.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Metracritic score at 73, Songaf servers down, IGN forums exploding, Sony Fans on suicide watch.

Lemmings, Hermits, Sheep laughing.

But seriously, when Ryse reviews hit im sure we'll see the opposite. But if Ryse got a 8, motherofgod....

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Shadow Fall and Knack vs Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

Looks like XONE has the advantage.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Cows on suicide watch. Greatness never showed up. Bye.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By lawlessx

@shawn30 said:

Metracritic score at 73, Songaf servers down, IGN forums exploding, Sony Fans on suicide watch.

But seriously, when Ryse reviews hit im sure we'll see the opposite. But if Ryse got a 8, motherofgod....

Ryse getting an 7 or lower is expected..so if/when reports come back giving those kinds of reviews what exactly can cows say?

Now if Ryse gets an 8 it will truly be 2006 all over again...

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Wickerman777

@Wasdie said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

No they aren't. Pinned topics are for whatever the moderators feel needs to be pinned to best control the volume of posting in System Wars. We don't need 50 different Killzone threads that I guarantee will be made and locked today.

Obviously that's not the way you're doing it but on 99.99999999% of boards it's precisely as I described.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#227 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Neogaf is down for maintenance.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2: You should look up the definition of mediocre

If the full gaming scale was used 5 would be mediocre but they don't use the full scale. Can you imagine giving games 1s and 2s? 7 is really average which this franchise is.

Take into account the first Killzone which I believe was a 5 or 6, this one which is a 7, the last one an 8, and the 2nd one a 9.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@Wickerman777 said:

@Wasdie said:

Obviously that's not the way you're doing it but on 99.99999999% of boards it's precisely as I described.

It doesn't matter what other boards do. You don't make the rules here.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

7 isnt bad I was expecting higher. For me I was on the fence about buying a Ps4 at launch. Im going to wait....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 kuu2

@lawlessx said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

if Ryse scores an 8 i hope every gamespot mod is online that day.

things will get bloody in here

That is a great score for a new IP out of the gate. I am hyping Ryse an 8 and F5 a 9.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, this will be a good litmus of the rest of the launch titles. People have already become untrusting of the gaming media after the "difference between 720p and 1080p" crap that the net was flooded with. Will the hammer fall, or will history go on to say that launch titles are not the hot shit? It will be up to history to decide.

Yes, I hyped the game a 9, but I will be honest and say I was hyping a game I haven't tried or played a demo for. So be it. Until I get to play the game for myself, I will reserve judgement on the reviews and think everyone else should, too. IF I think the game was objectively more deserving and then a title like Ryse or Dead Rising pulls off an 8.. Well, then we'll know what the deal is.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

7/10 is pretty mediocre. Looks liek it's averaging an 80% around the web, which is good. Puts it on par with BF4.

I'm still very much looking forward to playing it Friday to judge for myself.

What's concerning to me is that I'm more interested in the Single-Player campaign than the multiplayer, and the multiplayer is supposedly better...

a 7 is just good, not mediocre. I think that is actually the rating for 5 or 6.

I'm also interested more in the single player as well and it seems like its just pacing issues and not enough fire fights according to the review.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#235  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

So I have a question...How big are the installs of the disc. I've heard different things from so many sources i'm not sure how it exactly works.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#237 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I predicted a 7 too. Damn I'm good.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By shawn30

@Shewgenja said:

As far as I'm concerned, this will be a good litmus of the rest of the launch titles. People have already become untrusting of the gaming media after the "difference between 720p and 1080p" crap that the net was flooded with. Will the hammer fall, or will history go on to say that launch titles are not the hot shit? It will be up to history to decide.

Yes, I hyped the game a 9, but I will be honest and say I was hyping a game I haven't tried or played a demo for. So be it. Until I get to play the game for myself, I will reserve judgement on the reviews and think everyone else should, too. IF I think the game was objectively more deserving and then a title like Ryse or Dead Rising pulls off an 8.. Well, then we'll know what the deal is.

The only thing those games getting a 8 will prove is that the individual reviewers enjoyed the game. Opinions are like assholes, everyone got one. No need to pull conspiracy BS if a review goes against your opinion. Maybe that's just what that guy thought and nothing more.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

If the full gaming scale was used 5 would be mediocre but they don't use the full scale. Can you imagine giving games 1s and 2s? 7 is really average which this franchise is.

Take into account the first Killzone which I believe was a 5 or 6, this one which is a 7, the last one an 8, and the 2nd one a 9.

They use the full scale brah. Just today Knack got a 4 for example, plenty of games have gotten 2's and 3's this past gen (not sure there was ever any game that warranted a 1 though...).

Also, KZ1 was a 6.9 (or by today's GS scoring, a 7 basically).

The PC version of some multiplat game scored a 1 this year.

Here is the link to the review for that game.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ride-to-hell-retribution-review/1900-6411189/

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#241  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

all the 4's and 5's for the game really took me by surprise because I've seen so much gameplay and it looks so sick! Only Destructoid has rated it with a 9/10 and it's hard to believe. Still getting the game because this is one I need to play for myself to believe it. Especially when many of the complaints about the game is that it's too hard. It seems people are way to used to aim assist in FPS and twitch gameplay.

But seriously, this is the first time in years I'm wrong about a game scoring well, based on some gameplay vids.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 shawn30

@super600: On the morning of the PS4 reviews hitting? Sonygaf is a interesting place... No other site is down, and while they are the biggest, its interesting the morning of game and system reviews it suddenly goes down. Oh well...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 kuu2

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

They use the full scale brah. Just today Knack got a 4 for example, plenty of games have gotten 2's and 3's this past gen (not sure there was ever any game that warranted a 1 though...).

Also, KZ1 was a 6.9 (or by today's GS scoring, a 7 basically).

They don't use the full scale stop trying to fool yourself. Like I said how many games get 1 or 2s? It should be the same as 10s and 9s.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By super600  Moderator

@shawn30 said:

@super600: On the morning of the PS4 reviews hitting? Sonygaf is a interesting place... No other site is down, and while they are the biggest, its interesting the morning of game and system reviews it suddenly goes down. Oh well...

I was on that site earlier. It's down for maintenance.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#246 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

So I have a question...How big are the installs of the disc. I've heard different things from so many sources i'm not sure how it exactly works.

Depends on the games.. EA sports games seem to be as "low" as 9 GB versus the 43~45 GB NBA2K14 and KZ:SF take. There are list somewhere out there I think..

Thanks for responding! Is that Disc based. Like if I have the killzone disc it isn't going to install all 45 gigs right? It'll install a small part or am I missing something?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#247  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

It depends. Here's a list:

http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2013-11-13-ps4-todos-os-jogos-de-lancamento-e-as-suas-instalacoes

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Ouch, unexpected lol. I'm happy the multiplayer is getting some great praise at least. 7 is good enough I suppose (for me anyway). Though after all of the buildup and anticipation of the PS4 until now, there seems to be no AAA or AA killer app. Not until maybe Second Son or the Order? As a Playstation gamer, it's sort of a let down. I know I'm not alone there. And Knack... poor Knack.

I think everyone, including lemmings expected Shadow Fall to score 8 or 9. Looks like it just wasn't Guerrilla's day for another AAA Killzone (Killzone 2 is the best). Can't wait to play some custom warzones!

It'll be quite some time until Sony Worldwide Studios start to roll out the high number of quality exclusives as they did with PS3. Many devs are just winding down from working on PS3. So in a few years time we'll see some really dope shit. Funnily enough, for both PS4 and XBO, it's another "just wait" game, hehe.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#249  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

That Polygon review was fucking ridiculous. I am fine with the game getting 7's and love seeing the Cows eat their own shit and try to defend it but a 5? I really doubt they played the game.

Sorry Cows- You can continue your crying and DC now.

thank you timbers for your words of reassurance. I see you're still fighting your beasts but don't worry. PS4 domination is ensured anyway, this can't be stopped. ;)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

when i saw the scores on the frontpage of GS, all i could think was that SW is going to explode