OFFICIAL HYPE : Crackdown 3 scores 5/10 - let the execution begin!

#1151 Edited by sleepnsurf (3185 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@xhawk27 said:

All these people comparing first party games to Sumo Digital which has always been an AA studio. It's clear there is media bias against everything Xbox. This game is better than the score these jokers are giving it. Anyway have fun playing scores Aholes. I am out of here so all I have to say to the haters and idiot reviewers...... Bye Felicia.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So when Forza Horizon get a 90 or better scores..

Lemmings be like.

When a game like Crackdown,sea of thieves or other gets a 60 or 65 score.

You people surely are a joke what tag Crackdown as a total failure is what also tag Forza Horizon as a great success,and scores is not the problem here is you people.

This is not TLOU or Halo 3 which got all incredible high scores and you usual troll score below the line,no this games sucks and got scored accordingly.

It's actually you idiots that hyped the game up. I didn't see one Xbox owner hype it. You guys did. Let that sink in.. Fresh outta third person fetch simulators to play? I'd imagine so as Cows are on these boards way too much...

#1152 Posted by TheEroica (18412 posts) -

This was fun... Thanks everyone for playing along. Congrats to our winners and so long to blackballs! You were a paper champion but I liked your attempt. I look forward to Banning your future alts!

#1153 Posted by pdogg93 (1573 posts) -

@sleepnsurf: damn you’re so salty!!!!!

Maybe all those bargain bin games on your xbone are really getting to you!

#1154 Posted by freedomfreak (51191 posts) -

At least we can all agree Wrecking Crew is legit garbage and they should drop this whole cloud destruction thing.

Guerilla did this stuff better and it looked like a video game.

#1155 Edited by appariti0n (2760 posts) -

Later Bannedballs!

#1156 Posted by Pedro (34573 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

At least we can all agree Wrecking Crew is legit garbage and they should drop this whole cloud destruction thing.

Guerilla did this stuff better and it looked like a video game.

Its moments like this that leaves me wondering "WTF are these people doing behind the scenes?"

#1157 Posted by freedomfreak (51191 posts) -

@Pedro: Yeah, I don't hate Crackdown 3, but they weren't cracking anything in those 6 years.

#1158 Posted by Fedor (4958 posts) -

@sleepnsurf: Seventizz hyped it up.

#1159 Edited by cainetao11 (36557 posts) -

@boxrekt: lol ok sure. You just wandered into SW first time in January. 😂

#1160 Posted by robert_sparkes (3020 posts) -

Finished the campaign enjoyed my play through weapons were fun and graphically held up surprisingly well. 7/10

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#1161 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -

Welp, just defeated Keita at the refinery.

*SIGH*

What can I say about this game so far? It's Crackdown. It's just not a Crackdown for this gen. It really does feel like a throwback. I know that's a critique I've been hearing a lot, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Except this game should have released two years after the first (I never played the second). It truly is a game stuck in time, except using a newer graphics engine.

Trying as many techniques as I can, been playing at lengthy enough intervals to up my skills. I almost wished they would have dropped the orb system altogether instead of having you hunting and pecking for agility and hidden orbs that seems like it takes forever to get a result. Got the ground pound, super fist, can lift heavier shit, have an agency vehicle. Firearm skills are up... but somehow, this hasn't made the game any less annoying because you're constantly being shot at from every direction by something. Just gained a territory? Taken out a vehicle station? Freed some rebels? Supplanted a propaganda tower? Cool. Now, you want to take a breather to look for some more orbs? Too bad, because SOMETHING'S still going to be shooting at you, no matter the progress.

After the first couple of hours, I thought "this isn't too bad", but as I push on, this gameplay loop is soul-crushing. It's literally, go to area, blow up things and goons, hack something, destroy a piece of machinery, open valve then destroy that. They had five years to work on this game and had nothing really compelling enough to drive this game forward. So many open world games have done this type of game better since the first Crackdown. The Prototype games had a stronger progression system, and you felt more powerful overall than this orb gobbling agent. Echo relentlessly squawking in my ear giving me some piece of intel or telling me to do something bugs the piss out of me.

This game's defenders say it's "fun", because it seemed to come at the expense of variety. I hear this game isn't super long, so maybe I can get through it at the next session, where I'll likely be DONE with it. I'm not interested in doing any racing missions. So far, there's nothing here I feel that was a game worth saving from production hell.

#1162 Posted by tormentos (29076 posts) -

@sleepnsurf:

You didn't see it because you are blind. :)

#1163 Posted by Pedro (34573 posts) -

Just remember that according to Gamespot, Crackdown 3 is better than Darksiders 3, worse than Sea of Thieves and Jump Force is better than all three.

#1164 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -

Played a little more. These platforming segments are the polar opposite of fun. Went to fight Ngata, lost. Will come back to it. The climb to get to him seemed to take forever while Echo told me I was almost there... AT THE FUCKING HALFWAY POINT.

And do they really have to make things pitch black at night? Really makes climbing those propaganda towers a slog. Can't wait to be through with this.

#1165 Posted by SecretPolice (35275 posts) -

Even the most rabid cows can't put this supah additive, insta-hit classic down.

Thank you MS/Sumo, truly for the real non movie-gamers... Jazz. :P

#1166 Posted by Pedro (34573 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Played a little more. These platforming segments are the polar opposite of fun. Went to fight Norta, lost. Will come back to it. The climb to get to him seemed to take forever while Echo told me I was almost there... AT THE FUCKING HALFWAY POINT.

And do they really have to make things pitch black at night? Really makes climbing those propaganda towers a slog. Can't wait to be through with this.

You are late to this annoyance. :P

The blackness at night is for specific materials which as stated makes night for tower climbing GAWD AWFUL. I don't know who the hell greenlight those materials.

#1167 Posted by robert_sparkes (3020 posts) -

Beat it last night had fun all the way through. It's strange so many reviews were terrible I don't know what they are playing. Obvious basing the game on the past promises than never materialised. Take that out and play the game for what it is. There's enjoyment there.

#1168 Posted by Pedro (34573 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

Beat it last night had fun all the way through. It's strange so many reviews were terrible I don't know what they are playing. Obvious basing the game on the past promises than never materialised. Take that out and play the game for what it is. There's enjoyment there.

The game is fun to play. I enjoyed it myself but the bosses on higher difficulties is nothing but a spamfest.

#1169 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (413 posts) -

Crackdown 1 was better :)

#1170 Posted by dagubot (1316 posts) -

So I just beat Crackdown 3. Spent 12 hours on normal difficulty and almost got all the achievements except beating the game on legendary, grabbing all the hidden orbs, grabbing all the agility orbs, and the driving achievements.

The good? The game is just more Crackdown 1; nothing really new here and the game isn't pushing anything really new tech wise. Traversing through the city causing mayhem was cool. Certain weapons were a blast to shoot with and overall the gameplay was smooth. I enjoyed the games visual style as well.

The bad? The story sucks, the driving is abysmal, and towards the end after beating the game; the world just feels empty. You'll see a few enemies here and there but overall that's it. You could start a new game and retain your agent but why?

I'd give the game a 7/10. Its dumb and its fun.

#1171 Posted by Pedro (34573 posts) -

@dagubot said:

So I just beat Crackdown 3. Spent 12 hours on normal difficulty and almost got all the achievements except beating the game on legendary, grabbing all the hidden orbs, grabbing all the agility orbs, and the driving achievements.

The good? The game is just more Crackdown 1; nothing really new here and the game isn't pushing anything really new tech wise. Traversing through the city causing mayhem was cool. Certain weapons were a blast to shoot with and overall the gameplay was smooth. I enjoyed the games visual style as well.

The bad? The story sucks, the driving is abysmal, and towards the end after beating the game; the world just feels empty. You'll see a few enemies here and there but overall that's it. You could start a new game and retain your agent but why?

I'd give the game a 7/10. Its dumb and its fun.

To think they took 4 years to make the game. To the game's credit the world itself is detailed enough just that it is very under utilized.

#1172 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -

My Crackdown 3 journey ends... and I feel none the better for it. Maybe the groundwork for a better game was in there somewhere. I think a lot of lems that were blindly praising the game didn't actually play it. I brought Terra Nova to it's knees, but the journey wasn't exactly a pleasant one. I'm not sure why these devs put 80 percent of the game's design into scaling the obnoxiously tall towers in the center of the map. If I didn't have acrophobia before, I fucking do now. Jesus!

It's unfortunate that none the game's bosses are particularly interesting, or clever. It's just you trying to pelt them as much as possible while they spam you with enemies. It's frustratingly lazy game mechanics. They give the agent all these cool abilities, only to drop you into a tank full of piranhas where they'll only be so effective.

This is the first open world game I've played in a while where I don't want to do any more of the objectives after completing it. And that's a shame. So, upon completion, this is not even close to the best of what Xbox has had to offer this gen. I found games like Quantum Break, Gears 4, Sunset Overdrive and Cuphead to be far more solid experiences for the platform. I'm confused as to why people would rally around this one. It's not worth bragging about.

I rate this one 5 out of 10 orbs. Thanks a lot @Sevenizz. I hope you're happy.

#1173 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I rate this one 5 out of 10 orbs.

Lol

#1174 Edited by BoxRekt (1391 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

My Crackdown 3 journey ends... and I feel none the better for it. Maybe the groundwork for a better game was in there somewhere. I think a lot of lems that were blindly praising the game didn't actually play it. I brought Terra Nova to it's knees, but the journey wasn't exactly a pleasant one. I'm not sure why these devs put 80 percent of the game's design into scaling the obnoxiously tall towers in the center of the map. If I didn't have acrophobia before, I fucking do now. Jesus!

It's unfortunate that none the game's bosses are particularly interesting, or clever. It's just you trying to pelt them as much as possible while they spam you with enemies. It's frustratingly lazy game mechanics. They give the agent all these cool abilities, only to drop you into a tank full of piranhas where they'll only be so effective.

This is the first open world game I've played in a while where I don't want to do any more of the objectives after completing it. And that's a shame. So, upon completion, this is not even close to the best of what Xbox has had to offer this gen. I found games like Quantum Break, Gears 4, Sunset Overdrive and Cuphead to be far more solid experiences for the platform. I'm confused as to why people would rally around this one. It's not worth bragging about.

I rate this one 5 out of 10 orbs. Thanks a lot @Sevenizz. I hope you're happy.

xbox fanboys have been exposed for their fake standards and hypocrisy of trying to criticize vastly superior Sony games only to try to give this lazy dumpsterfire of a game a pass.

Like always, EVERY vocal PS4 hater on this board who try to criticize the most minute details of every PS4 game that gets revealed (Dreams for example) try to give this low quality turd MS shat out a pass by buying it day 1 or thru GP and trying to argue It's all about fun, standards be damned.

FOH, their entire phony fanbase has been exposed.

It couldn't have come at a better time as the Xbox brand is all but dead and lemmings opinion on games can forever be dismissed as these muppets cheer for MS's "money" with MS offering their limited game library to other console manufacturers.

Never mind games, yah for MS's money?

I'm glad these guys exposed themselves.

These guys have shown they don't give a damn about the quality of games and that they don't actually support MS because they delivering better games. Both those arguments are dead now. We can officially stop calling lemmings "xbox fanboys" and officially call them "fake-gaming MS shills". Any poster who defended these things from MS in the past few days has invalidated their option on any games going forward.

#1175 Edited by lundy86_4 (53178 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

xbox fanboys have been exposed for their fake standards and hypocrisy of trying to criticize vastly superior Sony games only to try to give this lazy dumpsterfire of a game a pass.

Like always, EVERY vocal PS4 hater on this board who try to criticize the most minute details of every PS4 game that gets revealed (Dreams for example) try to give this low quality turd MS shat out a pass by buying it day 1 or thru GP and trying to argue It's all about fun, standards be damned.

It couldn't have come at a better time as the Xbox brand is all but dead and lemmings opinion on games can forever be dismissed as these muppets cheer for MS's "money" with MS offering their limited game library to other console manufacturers.

These guys have shown they don't give a damn about the quality of games and that they don't actually support MS because they delivering better games. Both those arguments are dead now. We can officially stop calling lemmings "xbox fanboys" and officially call them "fake-gaming MS shills". Any poster who defended these things from MS in the past few days has invalidated their option on any games going forward.

Fucking dead, my man. Dead lol.

#1176 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

If this were a Playstation exclusive that had been hyped for five years that finally rolled out after a string of flops before it, I wouldn't be happy. But, console wars aside, I'm actually shocked at how lackluster this game turned out. I know I had been giving it shit before, but it would have been welcome if the game proved me wrong.

Games aren't always going to turn out great, I understand. But when you're served an old and stale bologna sandwich when the menu picture clearly had an angus gourmet burger, you don't eat it and demand seconds. Console solidarity is not that important.

I didn't even download the multiplayer. I'm just that disinterested.

#1177 Edited by BoxRekt (1391 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Fucking dead, my man. Dead lol.

Pretty much but MS could potentially make more money by giving their "xbox" services and games to other platforms including competing console manufacturers!

Not so great for competition, but hey, MS's money is the only thing corporate fanboys in the xbox camp express they actually care about, so rejoice!

For everyone else, if the rumors about what MS is planning to do actually turns out to be true, xbox really is dead.

#1178 Posted by lundy86_4 (53178 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Pretty much but MS could potentially make more money by giving their "xbox" services and games to other platforms including competing console manufacturers!

Not so great for competition, but hey, MS's money is the only thing corporate fanboys in the xbox camp express they actually care about, so rejoice!

Absolutely!!

#1179 Edited by BoxRekt (1391 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

Absolutely!!

Feel free to check the comments of "xbox fans" by clicking the youtube icon of Crapgamer's xbox focused game channel in reference to this news. Non-gaming MS fanboys might not agree, but actual xbox fans sure feel that way.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

#1180 Posted by lundy86_4 (53178 posts) -

@boxrekt: You should make a thread including these videos. I'll 100% support you!!

#1181 Posted by BoxRekt (1391 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@boxrekt: You should make a thread including these videos. I'll 100% support you!!

LMFAO, I literally chuckled. touche'

#1182 Posted by I_P_Daily (11812 posts) -

Fucking hell the cows just can't let it go. A cow lost his rights to be here over this game and the rest are lunatics and should seek professional help.

#1183 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

Fucking hell the cows just can't let it go. A cow lost his rights to be here over this game and the rest are lunatics and should seek professional help.

^^^ Yet another Lem faker who never played the game.

#1184 Posted by I_P_Daily (11812 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

#1185 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Nice cutout.

#1186 Posted by I_P_Daily (11812 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin:

#1187 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

I paid $2 to play it. If that picture is real, you paid full price. You can take a major L for that one.

#1188 Posted by I_P_Daily (11812 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

I paid $2 to play it. If that picture is real, you paid full price. You can take a major L for that one.

Lay down on the lounge and tell me all about it benj

#1189 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

"Gee, doc. I have no idea why I_Buy_Dumbly would try to brag about buying Microsoft's worst AAA release at full price. It hurts my brain!"

#1190 Posted by I_P_Daily (11812 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

"Gee, doc. I have no idea why I_Buy_Dumbly would try to brag about buying Microsoft's worst AAA release at full price. It hurts my brain!"

Oh no its worst than I thought, you're kind of delusional needs more equipment, here wear this

#1191 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

Oh no its worst than I thought, you're kind of delusional needs more equipment, here wear this

Hey! It's the coat Daily has to wear to keep from touching himself over Xbox. No thanks, I'm good.

#1192 Edited by BoxRekt (1391 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin:

The xbox brand is dying and everyone knows it. Phil "The Ax Man" Spencer is going to drop the guillotine at E3 and lems are scrambling to damage control the end of the relevance of owning a xbox system.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-decline-of-console-ownership-explains-microsof-33452800/

I'm_Owned_Daily actually doesn't support or want MS's no physical/streaming only vision for the future.

Take it easy on him Ben.