Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="GD1551"]Isn't it standard that the game should be done by now? Not sure how this particular case is special.Thefatness16

Considering all the games this gen released under the "release now, patch later" philosophy, no, this is quite special.

This isn't all that special for a Halo game. Reach went gold in June '10 and released a little more than three months later.

I remember during a panel Bungie saying that ODST was finished some 6 months before release.
#52 Posted by freedomfreak (50288 posts) -
Still not sure if I'm going to buy this at full price.
#53 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
Already pre ordered at gamestop, cant wait till Nov 6th.
#54 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
november 2012: Halo 4 Black ops 2 PSASBR WII U + Friends AssCreed 3 Hitman  good to see greatness spread out on this glorious month
#55 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="GD1551"]Isn't it standard that the game should be done by now? Not sure how this particular case is special.Thefatness16

Considering all the games this gen released under the "release now, patch later" philosophy, no, this is quite special.

This isn't all that special for a Halo game. Reach went gold in June '10 and released a little more than three months later.

Reach went gold some time in August '10. Game launched 14th Sept. IIRC.

#56 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Already pre ordered at gamestop, cant wait till Nov 6th.  EzcapeTheFate

If this were two-three years ago I'd probably buy that. Not now though, can't really justify it.

#57 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!sts106mat
Awww. Kuraimen is sad that he doesn't have a gaming system. Don't worry, you can still look at pictures of it on the library's internet.

actual TRUE laugh out loud moment. Its funny that its still funny, if you know what I mean.

Lems get amused so easily. Signs of feeble minds.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#58 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44887 posts) -

:lol:

GamerwillzPS

Cows have too many decent exclusives to care about this average shooterGamerwillzPS
Obviously not, since you're buying it.

#59 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="clone01"] Awww. Kuraimen is sad that he doesn't have a gaming system. Don't worry, you can still look at pictures of it on the library's internet.kuraimen
actual TRUE laugh out loud moment. Its funny that its still funny, if you know what I mean.

You still hanging in XBOX 360 threads? Of course you are, it's the best console.

You have NO GAMES, YOU NEVER HAVE WON AT ANY GAME. Your profile even proves it.

#60 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"]Already pre ordered at gamestop, cant wait till Nov 6th.  GD1551

If this were two-three years ago I'd probably buy that. Not now though, can't really justify it.

It is late in the gen for another console purchase considering I already own a 250gb slim but Im a sucker for special editions. Im still not convinced next gen is starting for another 2 years anyways so I will get my moneys worth.
#61 Posted by sts106mat (24249 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="clone01"] Awww. Kuraimen is sad that he doesn't have a gaming system. Don't worry, you can still look at pictures of it on the library's internet.kuraimen

when there are tools as predictable and ludicrous as you about, its easy to be amused by funny comments. you are the laughing stock dude, take the Mickey and say that I have a feeble mind, coming from you, its a compliment.

#62 Posted by PAL360 (29019 posts) -

Nice, this game is looking awesome!

#63 Posted by AdobeArtist (24841 posts) -

Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen

The only thing generic here is your damage control. Trolls ran out of material 3 years ago, so they just rehash the same worn out (and unsubstantiated) propoganda :P

#64 Posted by sts106mat (24249 posts) -
Just reading a preview of halo 4 in my 360 mag, according to kiki wolfkill, master chief is now being referee to as John, there's a hell of a lot more character from him. You will feel like you are in the armour more than before. but mist exciting for me is the way that the unsc infinity will be a hub feeding Spartan ops and the multiplayer in a persistent evolving manner. if they get this gameplay right, halo 4 could be the best game on 360. I am really looking forward to it now.
#65 Posted by clone01 (27146 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Lems get amused so easily. Signs of feeble minds.

I see quite a bit of humor in someone who doesn't own a gaming system who trolls gaming forums. You must be a really sad fakeboy, but its funny for all of us.
#67 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="clone01"]its funny for all of us.kuraimen
I'm not surprised babies find even their own reflection funny.

Seriosuly, it's getting weird now kuraimen.

You post something negative, people respond in a harsh mamnner and then you reply in kind with an insult about the posters intelligence.

You could easily map out a Day In The Life Of Kuraimen On SWs. Mix it up a little.

#68 Posted by freedomfreak (50288 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="clone01"]its funny for all of us.balfe1990

You post something negative, people respond in a harsh mamnner and then you reply in kind with an insult about the posters intelligence.

You could easily map out a Day In The Life Of Kuraimen On SWs. Mix it up a little.

I bet he's a weird-ass fvck in rl.
#69 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I'm not surprised babies find even their own reflection funny.freedomfreak

The librarian probably hates when he shows up every day. They'll probably confiscate his library card soon.

#70 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I'm not surprised babies find even their own reflection funny.freedomfreak

kuraimen real life picture
#71 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Lems in this place are obsessed with my real life. They spend a good portion of their days trying to figure it out lol.
#72 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7683 posts) -

I'm going to grudgingly get it. I won't be happy about it though.

The changes they made... im so skeptical.

Wasdie
no bloom is reason enough to get it.
#73 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Lems in this place are obsessed with my real life. They spend a good portion of their days trying to figure it out lol.kuraimen

That's generally a sign that you were successful in angering them.

#74 Posted by StatusShuffle (1908 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

Cows will be in meltdown mode come November.

EzcapeTheFate

Nah.

Cows have too many decent exclusives to care about this average shooter.

Ya they can play through uncharted for the 34th time.

Motorstorm 300 times a day.
#75 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7683 posts) -
Will be 20$ for Black FridayMonsieurX
probably not, i could see it dropping to $35-$40 for black Friday.
#76 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Lems in this place are obsessed with my real life. They spend a good portion of their days trying to figure it out lol.GD1551

The same way that a housefly who can't find the open window angers you.

#77 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -

If it offers me a strong reason to play it, I'll buy it. If the SP campaign is a waste, then I'll skip it. I'm not into MP, so the major appeal of this game is lost on me. I was never fond of the series, but I have given them a shot. But never at full retail. Things may change this time around. This will most likely be my final chance to play a Halo game as I am dropping the brand(M$). My home is PS3 territory for gaming now. If M$ brings something special next gen or further, I might consider picking up the console.

#78 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Lems in this place are obsessed with my real life. They spend a good portion of their days trying to figure it out lol.balfe1990

The same way that a housefly who can't find the open window angers you.

Probably, still though, if he is trolling then mission accomplished.

#79 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7683 posts) -

If it offers me a strong reason to play it, I'll buy it. If the SP campaign is a waste, then I'll skip it. I'm not into MP, so the major appeal of this game is lost on me. I was never fond of the series, but I have given them a shot. But never at full retail. Things may change this time around. This will most likely be my final chance to play a Halo game as I am dropping the brand(M$). My home is PS3 territory for gaming now. If M$ brings something special next gen or further, I might consider picking up the console.

Namgis

:shock:

#81 Posted by delta3074 (19957 posts) -
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"]Already pre ordered at gamestop, cant wait till Nov 6th.  EzcapeTheFate

It is late in the gen for another console purchase considering I already own a 250gb slim but Im a sucker for special editions. Im still not convinced next gen is starting for another 2 years anyways so I will get my moneys worth.

i am glad you like it but to be honest i think it looks aweful, i think i will just buy the game
#82 Posted by moistsandwich (25 posts) -

LOL @ the haters... as for me, I have it pre-ordered... I just hope it is good, my love for Halo has waned over the years. I still

remain hopeful that Halo 4 will return the franchise to its former glory.

#83 Posted by clone01 (27146 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"]its funny for all of us.kuraimen

What does that even mean? Are you implying that every member of system wars are less intelligent than you? God, that's idiotic thinking, even for a fakeboy like yourself.
#84 Posted by derptholomew (326 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="clone01"] Awww. Kuraimen is sad that he doesn't have a gaming system. Don't worry, you can still look at pictures of it on the library's internet.

the day you are banned can not come soon enough, years of idiotic posts, and for nothing you are prolly the worst poster on here, you make ispeakfact look like a genius and shadowmoses look like a scholar
#85 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
LE already pre-ordered and ready. :D

Awesome !! :D

Looks like by that date it should be a Win for 360 gamers & Romney / Ryan alike. :twisted:

SecretPolice
Yes on the first, no for the second. :P
#86 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

So lems have 41 days to save up $60 initial purchase, $60 XBL subscription and $10 day one DLC? Get to work lems, no time to post in topics like these.

#87 Posted by clone01 (27146 posts) -

So lems have 41 days to save up $60 initial purchase, $60 XBL subscription and $10 day one DLC? Get to work lems, no time to post in topics like these.

DrTrafalgarLaw
Sorry that you don't get to play it. Must be sad to be a fanboy like yourself.
#88 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

clone01

No I'd def play it, if it was on PC and not some gimped platform only capable of 30 fps.
#89 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

Valhalla is getting a remake!:D It's called Ragnorak.

ycm7r.jpg

8FKrM.png

#90 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

EzcapeTheFate

Eh that's gamerwillz. This is kura
#91 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44887 posts) -

Valhalla is getting a remake!:D

ycm7r.jpg

8FKrM.png

Thefatness16

Sweet!

#92 Posted by clone01 (27146 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

No I'd def play it, if it was on PC and not some gimped platform only capable of 30 fps.

You must not like Ninty and Sony, then.
#93 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I bet he's a weird-ass fvck in rl.

Eh that's gamerwillz. This is kura

I...don't even want to know how you guys googled those pictures....
#94 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
So lems have 41 days to save up $60 initial purchase, $60 XBL subscription and $10 day one DLC? Get to work lems, no time to post in topics like these.DrTrafalgarLaw
What DLC? Spartan Ops is entirely free. And most people who own a 360 and play online already have a subscription.
#95 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

8FKrM.png

Thefatness16

I loved Valhalla, but Jesus, the entire UI for Halo 4 is so nasty looking.

Reach's was absolutely beautiful.

Reach:

tumblr_m5g37842RT1rry6lao6_1280.jpg

hreachbetamatch03182010.jpg

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

-

-

-

Halo 4:

ssSwi.jpg

FAxUt.jpg

play.jpeg

-

Yuck.

Hopefully they're alpha designs or something because they look cheap as hell.

#96 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="clone01"] Sorry that you don't get to play it. Must be sad to be a fanboy like yourself.

You must not like Ninty and Sony, then.

I don't play (online) shooters on consoles, with the exeption of StarHawk...I'm still not sure if I want to keep playing that...the 30 fps online gaming is just something I can't get used to. Don't even get me started on aiming with analog sticks...
#97 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44887 posts) -

balfe1990

Indeed, wish they would copy the design in Reach because it was damn near perfect.

#98 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

balfe1990

I loved Valhalla, but Jesus, the entire UI for Halo 4 is so nasty looking.

Reach's was absolutely beautiful.

Halo 4:

play.jpeg

Yuck.

Yeah, there's no reason for the player list to take half the screen, while Reach's took up about a tenth and showed the same amount of info. I really hope this and their playlist management improve in later games.

#99 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -
9.5 on lock here at GS.
#100 Posted by PAL360 (29019 posts) -

ycm7r.jpg

8FKrM.png

Thefatness16

Sweet, i love that map! My hype is AAA, btw.